Home Creative Corner

Competition: Create a character!

CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 601
edited 01.08.2015 in Creative Corner
Hey everyone!

In order to help the community engage with each other, we're excited to announce a competition where you must create a character for Empire: Four Kingdoms!

Whether you want to create a wife for the tax collector who is stealing his gold coins without him knowing, or you simply want to create an epic warrior, here's your chance!

You can find all the information you'll need below.
d525ee876f.jpg

Competition

A character for Goodgame Empire: Four Kingdoms!

I'd like everyone who feels up to the challenge, to create a new character for our beloved Empire: Four Kingdoms. It's completely up to you what kind of character you create, it can literally be anything related to the game. However we do insist that there is no technical specifications with your character! You can find further details on rules further down.

You have until Monday 8th September, 09:00 CEST to create your character. Anything after that will not be taking into consideration.

Rules
  • There is to be no technical details to your character, it's strictly descriptive and fun!
  • Must be based on Goodgame Empire: Four Kingdoms
  • No explicit language
  • All entries must be submitted to THIS THREAD!
  • Only one entry per person

Please note that none of these characters will be implemented into the game, this is simply for fun!

Rewards

1st place - 3,000 Rubies

2nd place - 1,500 Rubies

3rd place: 500 Rubies

An official announcement of the winners will take place on Monday 8th September!
Post edited by CM Margo on

Comments

• Brite KnightBrite Knight Posts: 120
    edited 04.09.2014
    I would join this competition, if my game wouldn't be disconnecting, but I'm too discouraged right now. I hope the update fixes it. If it does, i will join the competition.
    98M7oJL.png
  • Erik BloodaxeErik Bloodaxe Posts: 5
    edited 04.09.2014
    Female warriors to represent all the lovely ladies that play the game.
    Overweight castle commanders with big hunks of meat in their hands.
    Erik Bloodaxe @ GG 2
  • king Rydo (GB1)king Rydo (GB1) Posts: 1
    edited 04.09.2014
    My character would be a kind of harlequin court jester telling funny riddles
    king Rydo @ GG 1
  • Cast iron (US1)Cast iron (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 04.09.2014
    Name: The Artist
    Description: The Artist will show up from time to time to sale art work, such unique emblem for your castle flag, unique items to be posted in your castle walls, your castle items such as decorations will be custom made by the artist to give your castle an unique one of a kind look.
    Cast iron @ GG 1
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,216
    edited 04.09.2014
    My character is a "Soothsayer" or a "Oracle" who will appear from time to time on the Keep with an exclamation mark over it, player will have option to use coins to seek prediction of best equipment available in particular Tower or Fortress.

We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • Cast iron (US1)Cast iron (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 04.09.2014
    Name: The Artist, son of the Merchant.
    Description: The Artist will show up from time to time to sale art work, such unique emblem for your castle flag, unique items to be posted in your castle walls, your castle items such as decorations will be custom made by the artist to give your castle an unique one of a kind look. The Artist art work will help increase food in the castle or outpost where the item resides.
    Cast iron @ GG 1
  • Lady CalleanLady Callean Posts: 118
    edited 05.09.2014
    A female witch warrior. This witch would be dangerous and mysterious and lethal when added to an army. She has powers to destroy and wears armor made of lightening. People both fear her and want her power in their armies. She is beautiful and dangerous. Don't cross the sorceress. EVER
    Lady Callean @ GG 1 Titans Hitmen
  • Evans3531 (GB1)Evans3531 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 90
    edited 05.09.2014
    The craftsman. - tent arrives and all wooden tools are built quicker and cheaper - food used to pay. Like a banquet for a set period of time for quicker production
    Evans3531 @ GG 1
    edited 05.09.2014
    The entertainer - increases public order. X2 for a set period of time. Increasing production Food/ coins used as payment
    Evans3531 @ GG 1
  • Lord BlacktailLord Blacktail Posts: 3
    edited 05.09.2014
    The Golden Goose - a character equipment item that can be found that doubles coin and food production for the owner and/or the owner's alliance. Allow it to be traded between alliance members or go with the owner as he comes and goes. Allow it to be stolen when owner is defeated in battle. Can only be seen through Economic Espionage. Throw a handful of those out there and watch the feathers fly. Put a timer on it as well. Time runs out Goose gets hidden again.

This would increase, Robber Barron attacks, Economic Espionage, Troop Production, Tavern Building, and Battle Between Alliances as well as get people searching all day and night.
    Lord Blacktail @ GG 1
  • ImpactGirl1ImpactGirl1 Posts: 4
    edited 05.09.2014
    The challenger goddess.

She's a warrior goddess that can be sent by one player to announce a one on one duel challenge to another player.

If the other player accepts the challenge, both players are kicked from their alliance for 24 hours.
    They then proceed with a one on one battle. They are also in protection during the 24 hours from other attacks.

The duel either ends when the 24 hours is up or a player fails to successfully defend an attack.
    ImpactGirl1 @ GG 1
  • Sameerfighter2Sameerfighter2 Posts: 54
    edited 05.09.2014
    A specific customisable Unit that can be upgraded and modified throughout the game and your rise to the top.

Limited one per "empire," these Heroes can fight with your troops, and give out a single advantage or moral boost.

You could pick between:
    Strategist: Extra slots for attacks/ or 10% more glory from battles
    Warrior: 10% bonus to attacks
    Defender: 10% bonus to defence
    Archer: 10% bonus to ranged attacks
    Cavalier: Troops move 10% faster to Battles.

These heroes can be fully customisable(1) to add a little bit of edge. You can buy basics and upgrades for the Hero, and obviously special upgrades for those that pay with rubies.

(1) By customisable I mean clothing, physique, weaponry and discipline(bonus).

Limited to one per Empire, and they cannot die. If an army loses, the hero will return with a 24 hour penalty to their bonus'.
    What do you think?
    Sameerfighter @ GG 1
  • mr sim1982mr sim1982 Posts: 7
    edited 05.09.2014
    Name the Hawk (picture a hawk lol ) maybe gives you more time to see incomings whithout a watchtower
    mr sim1982 @ GG 1
  • koning rutger 1koning rutger 1 Posts: 16
    edited 06.09.2014
    Seigneur de Vauban.

This historical defence genious comes by the castle, just like the architect does. You can get additional decorations to improve the defences of your castle's courtyard. It improves the courtyard bonus with several percentages each. For this you have to pay coins and stones and wood. For the more exlusive ones rubies and building materials.
    koning rutger 1 @ GG 1
  • edited 06.09.2014
    The support guy- if he could only work the weekend shift that would be awesome...
    Brotherhood.
    king mongooser @ GG 1

1st winner of berimond on US 1
  • little yaddalittle yadda Posts: 151
    edited 06.09.2014
    The support guy- if he could only work the weekend shift that would be awesome...

FPSML

I was thinking of a server pixie who has the ability to keep you connected when more than one attack lands on your alliance but I believe that is a bit too far fetched
    little yadda @ GG 1
    edited 06.09.2014
    I was thinking of a cynic who could sit on the forum and do the designers job for them to give them another method to exploit the good lords of the kingdom who play the game even though its feckin expensive and don't work properly
    little yadda @ GG 1
  • Mary ContraryMary Contrary Posts: 67
    edited 06.09.2014
    The mad genius.

Calls round periodically with new inventions that have a 50% failure rate. Cannons that may explode & damage your troops when used, or a new plough that increases food production for a fixed period, but if it doesn't work you lose food. No one will know when they purchase his products whether or not they will work. They will help or hinder your game on a random basis
    Mary Contrary @ GG 1
    edited 06.09.2014
    The mad genius.

Calls round periodically with new inventions that have a 50% failure rate. Cannons that may explode & damage your troops when used, or a new plough that increases food production for a fixed period, but if it doesn't work you lose food. No one will know when they purchase his products whether or not they will work. They will help or hinder your game on a random basis

I thought that's how the game worked
    little yadda @ GG 1
  • feladorfelador Posts: 30
    edited 06.09.2014
    Name , the king and queen
    Description , they show up once or twice a month to give gifts and offer rewards for a certain task ,
    Boar the fighter
  • Caleb_Pure2Caleb_Pure2 Posts: 284
    edited 06.09.2014
    The Court Jester

A funny looking character male or female who comes about now and again to poke some fun. The jester would randomly prank buildings in your castles or outposts by a form of sabotage. Not the traditional sabotages! More like painting buildings goofy colours to discourage workers from working as efficiently. Also the jester would tell jokes about the other characters in the game or other in-game references or jokes. I also thought the jester could interfere with taxes and steal taxes from the collector. And every time he/she did it you'd get the caught thief event but with the jester. And you have the option of taking all the taxes back from him, or letting him keep some. And when you open that window he'd always tell a joke to try and keep some taxes. All in good fun the jester would appear to brighten players days.

I tried not to be technical but I couldn't help myself. I don't care if this is a contest or if it will be implemented but I felt like my idea may be fun to think about for some people.
    Caleb_Pure @ GG 1
  • Tyrannous OmegaTyrannous Omega Posts: 6
    edited 07.09.2014
    The Con - Artist : he comes around and you can pay him rubies to go around and hustle your civilians for coin.
    Tyrannous Omega @ GG 1
  • Tyrannous OmegaTyrannous Omega Posts: 6
    edited 07.09.2014
    The executioner - he come by all your castles and you can use Hine to get rid if troops you no longer want
    Tyrannous Omega @ GG 1
  • thakkarns (IN1)thakkarns (IN1) Posts: 3
    edited 07.09.2014
    How to creat a character
    thakkarns @ GG 1
  • queen ojashwiqueen ojashwi Posts: 4
    edited 07.09.2014
    Character shud look a real hero who can boost ur attacking speed , through him u can get extra 10%-20% glory
    Through this charater all types of troops get 30% extra power while attacking n defending both
    Thats it
    queen ojashwi @ GG 1
  • DalilemonDalilemon Posts: 1
    edited 07.09.2014
    The Sorcerer: One wizard available per player but only when they reach the level of King.
    Would be transferable between castles, able to collect equipment and options to increase abilities.
    Dalilemon @ GG 1
    edited 08.09.2014
    The plague - Send out to a enemy castle and it wipes out half if the soldiers and peasants in the castle.
    Evans3531 @ GG 1
  • CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 601
    edited 08.09.2014
    Hi guys!

I loved reading through your characters! Thanks for putting the effort in and I hope you had fun in the process :)

Now for the difficult part... Picking the top 3 was a tough call but it seems to be the right choice!

Congratulations to the following three players who have been rewarded with Rubies.

1st place - 3,000 Rubies

The Court Jester

A funny looking character male or female who comes about now and again to poke some fun. The jester would randomly prank buildings in your castles or outposts by a form of sabotage. Not the traditional sabotages! More like painting buildings goofy colours to discourage workers from working as efficiently. Also the jester would tell jokes about the other characters in the game or other in-game references or jokes. I also thought the jester could interfere with taxes and steal taxes from the collector. And every time he/she did it you'd get the caught thief event but with the jester. And you have the option of taking all the taxes back from him, or letting him keep some. And when you open that window he'd always tell a joke to try and keep some taxes. All in good fun the jester would appear to brighten players days.

I tried not to be technical but I couldn't help myself. I don't care if this is a contest or if it will be implemented but I felt like my idea may be fun to think about for some people.

2nd place - 1,500 Rubies

Cast iron wrote: »
    Name: The Artist
    Description: The Artist will show up from time to time to sale art work, such unique emblem for your castle flag, unique items to be posted in your castle walls, your castle items such as decorations will be custom made by the artist to give your castle an unique one of a kind look.

3rd place: 500 Rubies

The challenger goddess.

She's a warrior goddess that can be sent by one player to announce a one on one duel challenge to another player.

If the other player accepts the challenge, both players are kicked from their alliance for 24 hours.
    They then proceed with a one on one battle. They are also in protection during the 24 hours from other attacks.

The duel either ends when the 24 hours is up or a player fails to successfully defend an attack.

Congratulations to the winners, you will have your Rubies once you next log in!

Once again thanks for participating and I look forward to continuing to interact with you all in the community.

~CM Margo
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,216
    edited 08.09.2014
    It seems like most of the players are from the same server.....
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • nsprostynsprosty Posts: 6
    edited 08.09.2014
    Damn I missed the deadline on this but I had an Idea.....

A flatbead that will allow you to move decorations between castles
    nsprosty @ GG 2
Sign In to comment.