Home Strategy, Tips & Tactics

Villages Paradox

KJCNM (US1)KJCNM (US1) US1 Posts: 96
edited 09.01.2014 in Strategy, Tips & Tactics
Regarding villages;

Why do new ones pop up at all?

I am not advocating that we need less villages but it seems kind of odd that if we are in Everwinter (or the other two) to drive out the local horde in order to provide protection for the 'Great Empire', as more and more of us get to these locations shouldn't the village count go down? For example; during the second World War new villages/towns didn't pop up as the invading armies advanced, nor did new ones pop up while being occupied.

My theory to resolve this apparent paradox is: The villages were there all along and as more empires move into the area they are 'discovered'. For example; North America, when Columbus 'discovered' the new world it didn't pop into being, it was there with its Indian population all along. As Europeans (and others) advanced into the continent they 'discovered' additional Indian tribes and villages. So as we increase our presence in the 'new worlds' we are occupying villages that were already there.

Anyone have their own theory?

One last item for my ramblings about villages; Did we bring any infectious diseases with us? It would appear that the indigenous population is growing as we proceed forward, therefore we didn't bring any diseases with us or they have immunity to the same maladies as us. Where am I going with this thought? Are we not fighting our distant cousins/relatives and doesn't that make us the bad guys?

Just something I was thinking about as I waited for the hard drive to format (and patch loads to finish) on a new system I'm building.

As food for future thoughts; current military bases that do have local populations increase around them, are they 'occupied' or are they a subset of the main facility/base?
Post edited by KJCNM (US1) on

If it wasn't better, it wouldn't be illegal.

Comments

• Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
    edited 09.01.2014
    This is entertaining but completely irrelevant for those seeking to understand the game better :)
    Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED
  • KJCNM (US1)KJCNM (US1) US1 Posts: 96
    edited 09.01.2014
    Would you suggest a better forum to have placed it under?

• Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
    edited 09.01.2014
    No it's fine here I think, it is technically a question of logic behind the game? Anyway, your theory for villages being discovered fits well with the game and the story created in the game with the emperor's herald commanding us to 'explore the new territories' to re-capture the princess, defeat the cultists or the barbarian hordes. I like.

As for the diseases I can only think that the cold of the everwunter glacier must kill the bacteria or maybe the diseases are water born and can't be transmitted as the water is frozen? Maybe the burning sands are too hot and there is a miracle cacti which cures diseases from eh great empire? And clearly on fire the toxic air kills any bacteria there.
    Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED
  • KJCNM (US1)KJCNM (US1) US1 Posts: 96
    OK, I've been thinking too much again...

Say with the threat of global warming on our door step (real life), do you think any of the frozen 'bacteria' will thaw out (game life) and kill off any advancing army?

• IvanIvan Posts: 238
    The hordes aren't in the villages. They're the towers and fortresses. As more of us move in and defeat the hordes, villages are able to thrive again. We bring peace and stability to the region!  :)
Sign In to comment.