Home English General Discussions

Pop Ups

@CM_Crom Cruach @Lagertha - 44 Pop Ups at once! Really? For goodness sake please wind them back!

Comments

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,381
    edited 17.06.2020
    Absolutely ridiculous.  Does GGS really have evidence that this marketing tactic is effective?  It is absurd.

It drives away customers. Even new players get swamped with pop-ups (plus all the tutorial messages in their Inbox are sent from "Offers".  The message they get is that this is a game for spenders only).
    Post edited by Ivan Again (INT4) on
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 830
    We've requested a reduction again. Sorry for the hassle.
  • LagerthaLagertha Posts: 957
    Something for me changed.  If I am logged in and pop ups happen, a simple reboot and they all populate.  Works better than waiting for them all to pop.  Anyone else try this and it works?
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    I can't load the game that fast Lagertha. Takes as long to do that as it does to deal with pop-ups

• LagerthaLagertha Posts: 957
    I will say when selling EQ may be the worst.  Trigger points hit right where I am tapping to sell and it takes me to buy a deal.  I recently had to change my purchasing to require password every time as I bought once and didn’t mean too.  Support did resolve the error. 
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,139

And you still believe those hotspots for buying are by coincidence on the same place you were tapping?

• CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 830
    They are, there is only so much space to work with on a mobile screen and a rectangular popup will usually have the same space for a button as other screens.
  • Tempo (ASIA1)Tempo (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 1
    It pop up during the time I’m getting incoming waves from enemies which to be landing in 3 mins. I close the game and pray for the god since I can’t adjust any defensive due to closing the pop up continuously. I reopen the game and found that the birthday cake was lit with many candles in my castle.  That’s why I love GG.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,682
    Pop ups have been removed for pc empire, so why is it so crucial that e4k app players are bombarded with so many of them? @CM_Crom Cruach
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.

I guess we never get an answer on these questions. Because we never get an answer when we ask for an explanation on how the game is supposed to work. Or when we ask for a clarification.

edited 21.06.2020
    Pop ups have been removed for pc empire, so why is it so crucial that e4k app players are bombarded with so many of them? @CM_Crom Cruach

I assume they've found other ways to deal with bots on PC version.
    But it's not clear to me how 30 simultaneous pop-ups is the best way to try to solve this issue. Alienates everyone, and judging from what Dutch players are saying, it doesn't stop bots anyway.
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,243

I see @CM_Crom Cruach has spoken to them but it appears they don't listen properly to him either.

We still get pop ups but inbox spam has been dialled down.

• Warspite (AU1)Warspite (AU1) AU1 Posts: 72
    @BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN @BM_Granuaile @BM_Nine - Could I draw your attention again to the scourge of the pop ups. Not only are they excessive, they also impede game play and can also result in unwanted unintentional purchases. This has been raised several times and we are yet to see any remedial action. It’s common to be saturated with more than 50 of them a time. This is really intolerable and I would be grateful for some active response to eliminate this blight on the game. 
  • Localhost (ID1)Localhost (ID1) ID1 Posts: 67
    The old update has no popup until September Update. That pop ups is really annoying every new event starts

These popups will also contribute to the decision to leave this game. And it serves no purpose anymore because no one will look at them anymore.

• Hello All,
    Happy Saturday. 

The issue of the rapid fire pop-ups has been brought up with the Dev team and we are hopeful, that they are able to find a solution to it. 
    While the offer pop-ups are necessary, since it gets triggered by new deals, however we fully understand that it can also get excessive.

Once I hear any update on this matter, I will inform everyone on the forum. 

Thanks 
    Red
  • Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) NL1 Posts: 578

After so many years and complaints.

Omg

Hello All,
    Happy Saturday. 

The issue of the rapid fire pop-ups has been brought up with the Dev team and we are hopeful, that they are able to find a solution to it. 
    While the offer pop-ups are necessary, since it gets triggered by new deals, however we fully understand that it can also get excessive.

Thanks 
    Red
    If it gets triggered by “new” deals then I suggest such “new” deals be reduced! These “new” deals smack more of “old” wine in “new” bottles! 

I appreciate your enthousiasm but I think all other players are rather sceptical that anything will be done about it. And having 35 new deals doesn't make sense either. There are too many new deals to get exited about. So they are ignored until a player needs something and then there is no deal for that particular item or it is overlooked because of the abundonness of other deals.

• vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,243

The new push messages seemed like a good idea at first, however, it appears that the "do not show this again" button is merely cosmetic is the messages pop up every time I log on no matter how often I say " do not show this again".

It seems positive that GG are trying to communicate, however telling us what we already know seems pointless and just adds more spam. Use the new feature to provide meaningful information please and make sure that when you tell it not to show this again it doesn't.

Please do not tell us that the pop-ups for new offers are necessary. The game worked fine without them for years and I don't see it collapsing if they're removed.

In addition there are way too many special offers. They're not particularly special and rarely new. And as mentioned a few dozen times before, trust us to look for what we want.

Hello All,
    Happy Saturday. 

Thanks 
    Red
    If it gets triggered by “new” deals then I suggest such “new” deals be reduced! These “new” deals smack more of “old” wine in “new” bottles! 
    @BM_Red Phoenix - Any progress on this issue? It’s been nearly 4 months with no further news. And the total number of pop ups now routinely top the 60 mark. I look forward to a timely update.
Sign In to comment.