Home English General Discussions

September update

It's unfortunate that @BM_Red Phoenix closed the feedback thread as there are more issues discovered and, until there is another update, we have to raise them elsewhere now.

It appears that the non forced update has caused a reversal in nobility prizes back to what we neither needed nor wanted.

Comments

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,139

Also the October update thread has been closed. We need a place to put our feedback and questions otherwise the number of different threads will explode.

• Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) NL1 Posts: 578

First step is close the forums. 2nd is close the game. Gogogo big spenders, I am laughing.

• Hey @Jenne (NL1), laughter is the best medicine to any problem, so I'm glad we are able to provide you with that healing opportunity.

@vonclis (AU1), @WillyWiz (NL1) the changes in prizes this round had nothing to do with the optional update, but more to ensure variety in prizes for those who sent us feedback on the same. 

You are welcome to give your reasonable points of view on the game as always, hopefully both good and bad and when possible, we will update you with changes.

Ideally if you start a thread with the right heading, it's much easier to respond to. 

Cheers, 
    Red 
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,381
    edited 20.10.2020

@vonclis (AU1), @WillyWiz (NL1) the changes in prizes this round had nothing to do with the optional update, but more to ensure variety in prizes for those who sent us feedback on the same. 

I have seen lots of feedback (for Empire as well as E4K) that players have way too many farming tools. So I'm not sure how reverting to giving us more farming tools is a change based on feedback.

There must be other channels for feedback that we aren't seeing - and oddly that feedback is the opposite of what posters on this Forum, YouTubers and others say.
  • Hard as it may be to believe, there are more players than the few who give feedback here.
    The Nobility prizes include other rewards besides farming tools. 

However, it is a fair point to say, everyone has plenty of farming tools, and the matter has been brought up for discussion :smile:

Thanks, 
    Red 
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,139

Please enlighten us on the other feedback channels @BM_Red Phoenix because as said by @Ivan Again (INT4) it is not the first time GGS makes a move quite opposite to the general opinion in this forum and on Discord. And the same excuse was used in the past that it was based on user feedback. Apparently there seems to be more important feedback channels (we are not aware of) then Discord and this channel. Because our feedback is usually silently ignored.

• Your feedback has been taken Willy.
    If thers is any update on nobility prizes, I will let you know. 

Thanks,
    Red
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,243

The nomad bugs are back. Spy reports disappear. Fail rates are insane. Rage requirements for Khan jump all over the show and are incorrect

@BM_Red Phoenix

"Hard as it may be to believe, there are more players than the few who give feedback here. "

That cuts deep. Very deep.

GG has been deliberately sabotaging, ignoring, neglecting and abandoning forums!

For years we have provided constructive feedback. GG have made every effort to ignore and twist that feedback.

For years they have blamed our feedback for unwelcome and unwanted changes. And when we asked exactly which feedback was used we never got an answer.

Now over the last year or two GG have strangled the forum. Mods and CM's quit. Then a small miracle happened and @CM_Crom Cruach arrived. He was totally awesome and actually cared. He made a difference. But then he disappeared on us too. He now logs here once a week and copy pastes an announcement every now and again or posts really annoying teasers. His duties seem to have changed and I really miss the @CM_Crom Cruach that actually managed the community.

Instead of maintaining this forum as focal point for feedback and information, GG have made a conscious effort to spread across a multitude of platforms and social media no matter how appropriate or inappropriate they may be.

I troll a few of them as I can no longer rely on the forum to obtain meaningful, accurate, reliable and timely information. It seems that all consistency in the flow of information is gone.

There is no horse's mouth we can go to anymore (it used to be here)

No disrespect to mods but information and feedback is not collected, collated and passed on in an acceptable manner. It's simply not possible to do across so many platforms. It's hit and miss and we truly appreciate you're trying but GG make your job impossible.

Information provided is even worse. 50 pop-ups for commander pack don't qualify as communication.

Meaningful information used to be provided here and passed on to players in royal mail. This ensured that every single player had the necessary information available without the need for any platforms or social media. It was the good old days when GG seemed to care about players and service and tried to earn rather than extort money from players.

The spreading across so many platforms doesn't accommodate players needs. It simply dilutes meaningful information and discussion and enables GG to blame player feedback for any hair-raisingly stupid idea they implement without asking for feedback or doing testing.

None of the platforms I frequent mentioned a return to gardening tools as a good idea for nobility prizes.

GG don't take responsibility. There are no lemon ups. It's either a deliberate feature, our own fault or player feedback.

When U tell us that the change in nobility prizes is deliberate and based on our feedback (elsewhere of course) I believe you pass on what you were told. But I also believe you are being fed bovine excrement.

So if you lament how few people are left contributing to the forums maybe GG need to stop driving people out of forums and out of the game.

They need to take responsibility and effect positive change. They need to start listening. Sending out meaningless surveys isn't the answer. I cannot count how often everyone I know has given a one star rating. We have player writing weekly rants about debilitating pop-ups

It just gets ignored. But yes I'm sure someone somewhere complained they liked old nobility prizes. Now that's the titbit of isolated feedback that gets acted on! Or it could just be yet another accidental problem reintroduced by yet another update.

• Warspite (AU1)Warspite (AU1) AU1 Posts: 72
    @BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN Yep, what @vonclis (AU1) said - can’t see anything I disagree with and look forward with bated breath to your detailed response. Mind you, that could be a while - I am aware of a recent reply to a ticket 4 months after it had been submitted and the issue had still not been addressed in full!
  • Demorte (US2)Demorte (US2) US2 Posts: 351

I agree with the farming tools sentiment, but I do enjoy the variety of rewards the nobility contest provides now. I think the the concerns are because the prizes used to be a currency that you could use to buy what you want, and now it’s back to set rewards you may or may not want.

• spot on @vonclis (AU1) to tell the truth I dont bother with forums anymore communication is non existent, there isn't even proper communication with tickets just blame back onto the player rather than exploring the real issue.

Sigh. Another bug

Alliance tournament rewards are not being credited when milestones are reached. The alliance rewards are credited but the awards for members are not.

Or is it a special feature someone asked for?

• @BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN Yep, what @vonclis (AU1) said - can’t see anything I disagree with and look forward with bated breath to your detailed response. Mind you, that could be a while - I am aware of a recent reply to a ticket 4 months after it had been submitted and the issue had still not been addressed in full!
    Hmm CS is usually pretty prompt in replying, unless they are swamped on big issues. Maybe drop them a reminder if you havent heard back on your issue in a while
  • As mods, we try to help as many players here as possible, pass on the feedback to GGS, for the benefit of this community, since we are players as well. I understand both your frustrations, as well as reasons to play. 

However, there is no point to any dialogue with hostility or sarcasm towards mods, kind of defeats the purpose.

If there is anything constructive we can discuss further, I am happy to help, be it on the forum posts or via dm.

Wish y'all a good day. 

Thanks 
    Red 
    edited 21.10.2020

@BM_Red Phoenix your remark

"Hard as it may be to believe, there are more players than the few who give feedback here. " is everything you just criticized.

It's a put down of those of us who have been trying to contribute in forums for years and have continued to soldier on inspite of everything thrown at them.

It is a hostile, hurtful and dismissive remark that I take offence to.

Inspite of that my criticism was aimed at GG not at mods. I appreciate what you do and I'm aware you don't get paid but do it for the love of the game.

And if you read through my earlier post U might also find that it's not as unconstructive as U may think.

I requested that we have

1. One central source of information

2. Information needs to be accurate, reliable and timeous

3. Information needs to be made available to all players in game

4. GG take responsibility for their mistakes

I don't think that these things are unconstructive. They would substantially improve communication which is desperately needed

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,682
    As mods, we try to help as many players here as possible, pass on the feedback to GGS, for the benefit of this community, since we are players as well. I understand both your frustrations, as well as reasons to play. 

However, there is no point to any dialogue with hostility or sarcasm towards mods, kind of defeats the purpose.

If there is anything constructive we can discuss further, I am happy to help, be it on the forum posts or via dm.

Wish y'all a good day. 

Thanks 
    Red 
    No sarcasm, where's the fun in that? 😉
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • I'm sure you all understand that there will be more than one location for information. It is necessary since some cannot access forums and will use Discord or Line. Some actually prefer one over the other to get their information. Some are on all of the above. Your voices are heard and that is gathered and reported. Have a wonderful day. 
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,682
    edited 21.10.2020
    I'm sure you all understand that there will be more than one location for information. It is necessary since some cannot access forums and will use Discord or Line. Some actually prefer one over the other to get their information. Some are on all of the above. Your voices are heard and that is gathered and reported. Have a wonderful day. 
    Hi Granuaile, welcome to the forum.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • BM_NineBM_Nine Moderator, DE1 Posts: 179
    edited 21.10.2020
    Good evening,

First of all, I talked to the CS team. The silver/gold rewards of the nobility contest aren't removed, they just change to guarantee a variety.

It is really easier for us if you create a different thread for every bug you encounter. We get a lot of reports, and keeping track of them is not easy, so please keep that in mind. This is a reason why we closed the thread. It was meant for feedback - not reporting bugs.

Like Granuaile already mentioned are we offering multiple platforms to reach a lot of players. We only got a few users registered in the forum in comparison to the 50 million downloads Empire: Four Kingdoms has. So you have to understand that we are trying to satisfy everyone, by offering a lot of platforms where you can reach us.

Also, we are collecting the feedback, read everything you say, this includes Discord, Line, the forum, and other platforms, summarize it, and forward it directly to the responsible team. I can understand it might be frustrating if you think your feedback isn't heard. But I can assure you - it is heard. To develop a free game we need your feedback to improve the game and to make it fun for everyone - not just spenders.

The whole team tries to give you the information and answer your questions as soon as possible, but this may take a while. We also have other responsibilities and sometimes might have other things to do. We get a lot of private messages here, on the Discord, and everywhere else, which also needs to be taken care of.
    In addition to that, we are trying to make the information available to everyone by using the CAP tool. Which allows us to announce things directly ingame.

We are aware that we make mistakes, like the alliance tournament, and we take full responsibility for that. It's not your fault. That is why we are trying to compensate you in a fair way.  

A game is only good as long as you enjoy playing it, that is why we also appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, as long as it is constructive.

I wish you all a good day and fun playing Empire: Four Kingdoms.

Best Regards,
    BM Nine

@BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN @BM_Granuaile @BM_Nine - Again I find myself in total agreement with @vonclis (AU1). In particular, the issues with logging the Forum may well have diluted its intended effectiveness. In addition, only “in game” evidence of issues and behaviour seems to be acceptable for GG to action, yet feedback via non game platforms such as Discord appear to be monitored. Surely the game Forum should be the primary location for player and GG interaction. And I must strongly agree with Vonclis on the “form letter” style endemic in GG support responses. I can understand an initial “form” response but then seeing such responses continuing is a tad disillusioning. But on the positive side, it’s good to see two previously unseen BMs popping their heads up above the parapet!
    @BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN @BM_Granuaile @BM_Nine - And while we seem to have your undivided attention atm, could I offer a few more and hopefully constructive suggestions to help improve game playability and enjoyment:

1. Introduce a feature to sell off surplus tools - our cups runneth over atm.

2. Look at a tool to re role troops from attack to defence and vice versa - obviously not a 1-1 swap - some loss would be expected.

3. Bring back the incomings from FLs and Sams and BCs each round - they used to exercise defence for those not into incessant PvP. I understand this feature was discontinued due to some high rollers getting miffed over losing tools. But given current tool availability then I think this no longer applies.

4. Please review the odds of getting FL and BC defence numbers above the 500-700 a little more frequently than we currently experience. It’s really quite depressing atm!

5. Look at reviewing your basic game play guidance in Settings - I don’t think it’s changed to any great degree since the game started. Any newbies are confronted with a maze and have difficulty in grasping the basics and if they advance rapidly - as they can these days - that maze becomes increasingly impenetrable. I would suggest many potential stayers fall by the wayside then unless they stumble on an alliance willing to coach them - or find the Forum and pick up tips etc there in accordance with its original purpose.

6. And as a final point, we really do have far too many currencies etc to wrangle now - can this be rationalised please? My brain is full and will explode soon.

• @BM_Red Phoenix @BM_Quaffel_EN @BM_Granuaile @BM_Nine - And while we seem to have your undivided attention atm, could I offer a few more and hopefully constructive suggestions to help improve game playability and enjoyment:

1. Introduce a feature to sell off surplus tools - our cups runneth over atm.

2. Look at a tool to re role troops from attack to defence and vice versa - obviously not a 1-1 swap - some loss would be expected.

3. Bring back the incomings from FLs and Sams and BCs each round - they used to exercise defence for those not into incessant PvP. I understand this feature was discontinued due to some high rollers getting miffed over losing tools. But given current tool availability then I think this no longer applies.

4. Please review the odds of getting FL and BC defence numbers above the 500-700 a little more frequently than we currently experience. It’s really quite depressing atm!

5. Look at reviewing your basic game play guidance in Settings - I don’t think it’s changed to any great degree since the game started. Any newbies are confronted with a maze and have difficulty in grasping the basics and if they advance rapidly - as they can these days - that maze becomes increasingly impenetrable. I would suggest many potential stayers fall by the wayside then unless they stumble on an alliance willing to coach them - or find the Forum and pick up tips etc there in accordance with its original purpose.

6. And as a final point, we really do have far too many currencies etc to wrangle now - can this be rationalised please? My brain is full and will explode soon.

Well, exploding sounds terrible, so let's try to avoid that. We will certainly note these items as well. Thank you for that feedback and your thoughts. 
  • Thank you @BM_Granuaile @BM_Granuaile @BM_Red Phoenix and @BM_Quaffel_EN

You have just provided more feedback and reassurance than we have received in months. It's good to feel that we have mods again.

I have no doubt you work hard. I'm especially pleased to hear that there is at least some intention to keep ftp in game and make it fun for them again too. They have been sorely neglected and the gap between pay to win and ftp has become enormous.

I appreciate that the forum reaches a limited audience these days. But the blame for that rests squarely on GG shoulders. When it takes weeks for mods to respond people give up.

The fact that a huge number of players are locked out of forums and cannot log in (due to technical issues GG can't seem to resolve) isn't helpful either

People have been driven away. Plain and simple.

Hopefully with new mods being active some will come back.

Thank you for acknowledging that there is a problem with the alliance tournament. I am very interested to see what fair compensation means. My interpretation of compensation is not just crediting what's owed but a little extra to acknowledge the inconvenience caused.

So far GG policy has been to only compensate those players who complain and submit tickets and persevere with their complaint after the first few form letters. I'm still horrified that a major bug affecting basic game mechanics that took almost a year to fix triggered zero general compensation.

GG might have 50 million downloads but that's very misleading. Only a fraction of those actually play. Personally I have downloaded the game about 10 times in the last two weeks. I do that every time we have major bugs and issues as occasionally reinstalling the game resolves them. I would hate to hazard a guess as to how many times I have downloaded the game over the past 8 years.

The CAP tool has potential to share meaningful information in game again. Announcements seem to focus on telling us what events are currently on rather than upcoming ones. The announcements for upcoming bonuses are useful.

I sincerely hope that GG returns to being a game that is not pure pay to win. I look forward to ftp players having fun again and being able to compete. I would be very interested to see how events like BtH (and the rewards) are made more accessible to ftp players. The recent removal of start up rubies from BtH and outers has certainly made it harder than ever for ftp to do anything in these events, achieving the exact opposite effect.

The return of strategy being a meaningful aspect of the game would be most welcome.

Again, thank you for the time and effort you put in to make this game more fun for all of us.

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts.  Since I'm the new mod here, I hope you will all allow me time to get my feet under me, so to speak. I would hope all players know that they are important and hearing from them is as well. Again, you are heard. We do listen and will always do what we are able. 
  • We get where everyone is coming from. A lot of the feedback and pointers mentioned in this thread and others have been discussed and forwarded to GGS to consider. 

Our hope is for positive movement forward, both in this forum and in the game updates, fixes etc. 

Thank you all and thank goodness it's almost Friday :smiley:

Cheers 
    Red

• Localhost (ID1)Localhost (ID1) ID1 Posts: 67
    vonclis (AU1) said:

The nomad bugs are back. Spy reports disappear. Fail rates are insane. Rage requirements for Khan jump all over the show and are incorrect

There are bugs you need to noticed : 

1. At the end of the reward, all alliance members who has a rage points or attack at least once in Khan Camps, usually rewarded a Khan medals based on Khan camp levels . However, after that Khan medals spoilt, where the nomad event ends, it usually gives notification about how much Khan camp recieved. I just checked in Admin -> Economy, it didn't spoilt. In the previous update, it never happens. This happens at this update. 

2. The display of Khan camp menu is show the alliance reward same as alliance nomad reward, not the Khan medals reward for alliance

3. For Android user, the back button (in the right bottom), for cancel an action, and quitting the game, is malfunctioned sometimes. Previously, this works.

• Hey @Localhost (ID1)
    Thank you for posting. We are aware of the visual glitch in the display of Khan Rewards tab and have already brought it up in our feedback. 
    If you haven't received your Khan alliance rewards, please raise a ticket with Customer Support and they will be able to check and assist on this.
    The back button on Android phones not working for the game is being worked on and once we have an update, we will post it up. 

Thanks, 
    Red

• Localhost (ID1)Localhost (ID1) ID1 Posts: 67
    Thank you @BM_Red Phoenix for inform these bugs. Don't forget these bugs too on this link 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/53468/a-lot-of-things-that-gge-must-fix-this-newly-bugs#latest

For the latest iOS version of this update (Version 4.3.119), which released 5 days ago, there is a bugs when you : 
    Switching your account
    Switching your game server
    Go to Beyond the Horizon
    Go back from Beyond the Horizon

The app crash sometimes if you do this. This needs to fix about app crashes
  • Thank you all for the feedback on Sep update.
    Closing the thread now since we are in Nov :blush:

This discussion has been closed.