Feedback Thread - Beyond the Horizon

Comments

• Beyond the horizon event:

pros:

has some mechanics that should have been in the Outer Realms

cons:

1: no-one wanted a new Outer Realms, we wanted a new Storm Island with our main game equipment and resources

2. all the cons of the Outer Realms that made it the most hated event in the game

• Game not opening again past 10-15 mins cannot even login to get food for my troops

What r GGS doing its the second time in last 3 days

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 905INT4

Beyond the horizon event:

pros:

has some mechanics that should have been in the Outer Realms

cons:

1: no-one wanted a new Outer Realms, we wanted a new Storm Island with our main game equipment and resources

2. all the cons of the Outer Realms that made it the most hated event in the game

Agree there's some interesting mechanics.

cons: 
    3: Outers is worth entering. There's at the very least a small participation reward. 
    4: It's much harder than Outers to get some coin from towers/shrines.
    5: it's bug-riddled.
  • They need new graphics designers. The colour choices are not easy to see different item or flags on top from background without clicking on it then I'm scared the game will crash
  • 3. In my opinion the rewards are more or less a shared issue, for both being highly volueable on the first run, despite the event being (by design) unplayable for most of the player.

4. The gold farming is only an issue early on (first 5 levels of the towers) then it becomes better than the farming in the other event, becouse every single attack levels up the towers, and around lvl 10 these towers become significantly weaker than the robber barons at the same level.

5. I agree, but these are unintended issues, unlike the rest.

• I have no idea how did it happen.

• vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 778AU1

@GrasmereBushgov (AU1) so it's your fault! You crashed the game!!!! 🤣

• @GrasmereBushgov (AU1) so it's your fault! You crashed the game!!!! 🤣

I'm skilled @vonclis (AU1) 😂 Thought about it, it happened and I manage to starve troops. Go me. My only 30 minutes of peace wasted on crashed game. 

No incoming notifications tab in top corner makes it hard to defend anything or notify players.

I'm offering my 12yo to join the development team. I've been teaching him about code and  pretty sure he's as good as current staff. Be nice to get money back out of GG because a gift in the so called great Kingdom in the middle of nomads when I had heaps of troops didn't impress me much. Now in foreigners it would have been handy. Oh and maybe a few defence to fend off the alliances looking sending random hits to either farm us or kill them. Your killing the little alliance and lower level players with this. 

Yes @GrasmereBushgov (AU1) we found the most aggressive big boys collected free gifts on every dead account they have to unleash on small alliances. And they thought it was hilarious.

• We copped a lot of those too von. D$ckheads.

Horizon rewards are whack. It's simply a thanks for your money return. While the mid to low spenders get pittance in comparison.

• Why can't we see on alliance tab all towers and the capitol?
    Should be able to access info there and the entire leadership should be able to access capitol and upgrade.

Horizon event is totally whack but I've invested time now so I will go to end. Bought a small package at start and if it doesn't last then bad luck. Not sure I will have another go after this I'd rather go without build materials. I'm never going to be top 5 so that's out of reach. 

I love the quests thru. Level up quicker with hitting cultists. If that was in outers it'd be great. More money from towers gives more to play with. Mind you they all starved but hey that's the game. 
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 835NL1

That is the problem with all new events. The ideas are good sometimes refreshing. But GGS has three basic rules that spoils these events:

1. Each new event should have new building materials and tools.

2. Getting more rubies out of a player as the most important goal

3. Using players to find the bugs but do not take responsibility for the mess it creates.

In addition, the rewards will increase the gap between spenders and workers in the game.

• I think that a minor adjustment would signifficantly improve the horizon event:

disable vip functionality for the event

This would result in:

Not being able to grind 300 vip comm's a day. Than you need to actually choose targets and cooperate to attack those.

This would also increase the playability for non buyers.

I'm wondering if a daily points system would be better, rather than leaving it all down to carnage on the final day
  • how is the last days influence banking handled? Will influence in personal inventory be automatically banked to the Capital at the end of the event? Or just at the normal time, so that anything done after that is pointless?

Jenny Garvey @ GG 1
    edited 11.11.2019

@Violet Spring (US1) we were told personal points get added at the end. So total carnage and last minute rage will be the way to go. You will have a final chance to buy a slice of the victory pie. I'm sure GG will shove last minute special sultana and pillage packages at spenders to make sure no influence remains in the hands of paupers.

• Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 344Moderator

how is the last days influence banking handled? Will influence in personal inventory be automatically banked to the Capital at the end of the event? Or just at the normal time, so that anything done after that is pointless?

The BtH guide states, "The winning Alliance will be the Alliance with the most Influence at the end of the event. Player Influence not yet transported on the final day of the event will be converted into Alliance Influence as the event ends."

I read that as player points will still get added to Alliance Influence right until the end of the event.
  • The Bottom ranked alliances should get 0.

Joining the event and never putting any effort into it should not be rewarded.

no effort still means you're there to be farmed. so maybe you shouldn't get much but u do deserve something for showing up and making yourself available as a willing victim
    In Outers everyone who enters gets a small participation reward (some rubies). And of course there are rewards for more players. There's a reason to enter. 

But For Horizon, I'd be happy if the gap between 5th and 6th wasn't so great, and between 5th and 1000th, etc.  And perhaps extend some smaller rewards to the top 1,500 alliances.

Might also need to make it daily points, to avoid final day carnage. Current system kind of makes all the preceeding 6 days irrelevant.

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 414US1
    edited 13.11.2019

IMHO observation towers need to be nerfed or removed all together. They provide too much of an attack boost. In theory they should help win against the big guys, but for average players it just makes it impossible to defend, and winning against top alliances with 80k troops at their capital is impossible anyway. Oir alliance has done kinda ok but even with a kala equipped in our capital it has been extremely hard to defend. 900 to 1k troops can kill 3k of yours using a coin commander... Big alliances send like 20 attacks in one go on you, there is not way to defend that with those crazy attack boosts.

• Make it end! I can't watch 24 hours of effort disappear so quick and we are in good company.  I might as well just go in on the 2nd to last day and buy a pack. 

Outers is a far better event, at least you have a chance. 

I hope after this you can afford to employ new development team, with events like this you need it.      

It's probably not the strategy GG intended but I make a science out of getting the most out of those I'll designed events. We try to see how we can make the current loopholes and flaws work for us. Whilst I still feel prizes outside top are pathetic at least we managed to get some 😁

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 835NL1

Tomorrow a new iteration starts most likely with the same issues and the same unfairness.

As expected none of the feedback here has been taken into consideration.

Maybe we get the same generous compensation as was promised to the PC version of this event

• LagerthaLagertha Posts: 545Moderator
    WillyWiz (NL1) said:

Tomorrow a new iteration starts most likely with the same issues and the same unfairness.

As expected none of the feedback here has been taken into consideration.

Maybe we get the same generous compensation as was promised to the PC version of this event

See response here to same message. 
  • Can we get a time?

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • Winter (GB1)Winter (GB1) Posts: 14GB1

@Lagertha Any news on reward pool being reshuffled my alliance finished 6th and cutoff points for bakery buildings was fifth yet we still received one.

I spoke with other alliances that finished below us and they also got the relic bakerys.

Or was this perhaps a “compensation package” for the tremendous amounts of bugs 🤔

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 414US1

@Lagertha Any news on reward pool being reshuffled my alliance finished 6th and cutoff points for bakery buildings was fifth yet we still received one.

I spoke with other alliances that finished below us and they also got the relic bakerys.

Or was this perhaps a “compensation package” for the tremendous amounts of bugs 🤔

How did you guys check your ranking? We only got the rewards but the message did not have any mention of ranking anywhere. A few of our members got over a million in the last 2 hours and those were supposed to transfer right at the end. So the last ranking we had was not really a good indicator of the final ranking. 
  • So... top 10 alliances received rewards of top 5, fine... But why wasn't it shown that way.😤 would've saved us a great amount of money!!🤬

Sign In to comment.