Feedback Thread - New Event: The Outer Realms

Comments

• bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) Posts: 1,112IN1
    After very long time I played the New Outer Realm since nothing was interesting for me in Main Realm.

Here are few Pros & Cons for GGS to review:
    Pros:
    1) The Swap feature is good specially looking at the short duration of the Event.
    2) The introduction of the new Tiered Offers is very good
    3) The listing of Daily Ranks is very good as once can scroll through them and target specific Rank for swapping 
    4) The introduction of Prime Time offers is very good

Cons:
    1) All level irrespective of level either higher or lower are allowed to attack each other. This needs to be allowed for few levels + & - to make it challenging 
    2) Exactly identical to Main Realm which is for longer duration is not making the Event interesting. Need to introduce new quick action features, like introduce a monument which when attacked multiple times destroys and gives bonus resources and coins, then it gets replaced by a higher level one much stronger gives more resources and coins.
    3) The Quest is too boring 
    4) Looking for swap targets to climb up the ladder is a bit cumbersome. Currently we go to Daily Ranking to scroll and find the targets an spy them then attack too many steps considering it is a short duration event.
    5) The swap benefit is low example a player swaps from 30k rank to 1700 rank daily ranking get 280 points.
    6) The Capital, the Metropolitan, the Royal Tower is not suitable as this event is for short duration.
    7) Expansion to Other Kingdoms and Storm is not suitable as it is a short event.
    8) The Outer Realm is very slow , needs to have quick action features to create excitement and challenging.
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 414US1
    edited 12.08.2019

I honestly think it would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable if they dropped us there on level 30 or something. You can make real attacks at that point, travel to winter where you actually start making coins right off the bat. Combine it with the recruitment bonus they give and it would be a very fast pased, very fun event since its a masive free for all. It would probably make their money too since there would be a need to drop cash on tools and stuff. Right now you can beat almost everyone without even sending tools by buying the coin equipment set

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 913INT4
    they should start RBCs at the same level as players too.  6 day Outers isn't very long to level up RBCs.  They start us at a higher level, why not start RBCs too?
    2 observations in current Outer Realm:

The Daily Task ends before 5 minutes of the clock shows zeroes 

The Pedlars and Offers disappears 2hours 50 minutes before Event ends
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • I can explain the way how the Outer Realms was designed.

Step 1: create a problem (terryble equipment, terryble coin loot, long building wait times, with almost no timeskips available)

Step 2: sell the solution, (first the 2€ ''icebreaker deal'' then the big boys)

Step 3: profit

Honestly, the Outer Realms is the lowest point this game has ever reached.

The current version of Outer Realm is very boring as there is not Swap feature only collect Heritage points!

As a result many players after entering leaves their ID un-developed!

BWM @ E4K IN
  • LagerthaLagertha Posts: 548Moderator
    bwm (IN1) said:
    The current version of Outer Realm is very boring as there is not Swap feature only collect Heritage points!

That makes me wonder if we ran a poll what woud be the favorite version for outers.  I really like the swap myself.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,466GB1
    Lagertha said:
    bwm (IN1) said:

That makes me wonder if we ran a poll what woud be the favorite version for outers.  I really like the swap myself.
    Be good if they could work out an in game way to rank the versions in order from 1 to 3.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) Posts: 206US2

The rotation in versions is nice. Keeps it from getting stale.

Yeah. Prefer having different ones rotating. The one i like less is the might one because its literally a wallet measuring contest. But the swap and heritage are both great IMO, you still need to spend for the top ranks, but they reward activity much more than the might version.

Hello Lagertha,

Here is my suggestions:

Since there are preferences for different version my different players, here what can be done is advance notice of upcoming  version of Outer Realm so that players can decide for themselves to player that version or not.

BWM @ E4K IN
    I prefer the rank swap one, just because I don't get smashed by players 20 levels higher than me. 

Although I enjoy getting Outers Rewards more often, I still prefer it to last longer. No time to do much in 6 days, or meet people from other servers etc.

I have no idea why people spend money in Outers, especially when it is so short. The rewards are pretty good without spending a cent. Ego I guess.  
    Hello Lagertha and Black Rose,

Please state which version Outer Realm is this current one?

is it a Heritage version or Swap version?

before I take part I would like to know.

thank you!

BWM @ E4K IN
  • @bwm (IN1)

Build points

HYDROgoose @ GG 1

@bwm (IN1)

Build points

I thought there were 2 versions, one where one could attack a player with higher ranking and you win to swap your ranking position lower to his which is higher, second version you just attack players and get Heritage points and based on your Heritage points collected you gain ranking positions.

so which one of them is the current version?

BWM @ E4K IN
    edited 06.09.2019

There have been three for a while now... Current is might points

This seems to be the first version where one just needs to built and score points

BWM @ E4K IN

Well, it isn't It was introduced more than 2 months ago. Around, but not in the same update, as the coin maker. I even made a comment above saying i don't like it because its a cash grab, i didn't predict the futire to post that.

bwm (IN1) said:

This seems to be the first version where one just needs to built and score points
    I thought you said you never played Outers? So it's not surprising you don't know how many versions there are. 
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 838NL1

You can see for yourself which version of Outer Realms is running in the game without the need to open it. Go to second tab in the Outer Realms screen on green.

• Build points is by far the best outter realms version

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
    bwm (IN1) said:

I thought you said you never played Outers? So it's not surprising you don't know how many versions there are. 
    I hope it is not a crime to not to play the past versions of Outer Realms!

BWM @ E4K IN

You can see for yourself which version of Outer Realms is running in the game without the need to open it. Go to second tab in the Outer Realms screen on green.

Thank you very much!

it seems those who has been regular with all Outer Realm versions does not event know this simple point as you have pointed!

BWM @ E4K IN
  • Not a crime just annoying to wear the fact that you don't play like a badge and then argue with people, about an event you clearly know nothing about, who are answering your question.

• Might points was the ORIGINAL version of the Outer Realms event, introduced last fall. We just started at level 1 instead of level 11, like we do now.

\r\n
    Ivan Again (INT4)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    \r\n
    bwm (IN1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    \r\n
    zeverso (US1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n

There have been three for a while now... Current is might points<\/p><\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nThis seems to be the first version where one just needs to built and score points<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nI thought you said you never played Outers? So it's not surprising you don't know how many versions there are.&nbsp;<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nI hope it is not a crime to not to play the past versions of Outer Realms!","bodyRaw":"

\r\n
    Ivan Again (INT4)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    \r\n
    bwm (IN1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    \r\n
    zeverso (US1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n

There have been three for a while now... Current is might points<\/p><\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nThis seems to be the first version where one just needs to built and score points<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nI thought you said you never played Outers? So it's not surprising you don't know how many versions there are.&nbsp;<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nI hope it is not a crime to not to play the past versions of Outer Realms!","format":"Wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2019-09-06T23:34:55+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":115329,"name":"bwm (IN1)","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6025129\/uploads\/userpics\/646\/nEVTNNM10H06M.jpeg","dateLastActive":"2019-09-07T18:58:01+00:00"},"url":"https:\/\/community.goodgamestudios.com\/fourkingdoms\/en\/discussion\/comment\/319049#Comment_319049","embedType":"quote"}">

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/comment/319049#Comment_319049

Not a crime just annoying to wear the fact that you don't play like a badge and then argue with people, about an event you clearly know nothing about, who are answering your question.

It is also annoying to see you jumping into discussion or exchange of information between other parties and then take personally when responded.

suggest to grow up in life chill.

no body is expert here and we all know and also acknowledge that GGS has been flawed in all their updates.

when you dont like my comments suggest stay away.

BWM @ E4K IN
  • Ooo, considered me reprimanded... I shall go "grow up in life chill" right away now ;) ;)

• jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) Posts: 206US2

30 dollars for the start up pack. Talk about getting greedier. Big markup from last month's $2. Killing rest of game might as well wipe out outer realms too.

• 'Fun' event.

30 dollars for the start up pack. Talk about getting greedier. Big markup from last month's $2. Killing rest of game might as well wipe out outer realms too.

starter pack is A$7.99 for me. But there's a second "starter pack" that's A$46.99.
Sign In to comment.