October Update - Discussion Thread

Here is where we will discuss this month's goodies.

Comments

• vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 689AU1

I admit I have not read any notes.

Simply put don't bother. Fix customer service. Fix reward attrition, fix defaulting players into int4.

Nothing else is relevant. Only more opportunities for new bugs.

• NicAM (GB1)NicAM (GB1) Posts: 22GB1

Have any of the changes suggested during the pilot been implemented for this release?

Correction. I tried to read the notes. I'm simply not committed enough to try and translate them into English. So I stand by my comments above.

Don't do it. Stop destroying our game. Fix your service. Provide value. Don't treat players like dumb garbage with wallets.

• CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 512Community Manager
    @NicAM (GB1) They have been worked on but I am not sure what has actually been implemented from your feedback. I'll check now and get back to you.
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) Posts: 1,108IN1
    @NicAM (GB1) They have been worked on but I am not sure what has actually been implemented from your feedback. I'll check now and get back to you.
    My suggestion is to share with players the feedbacks and the resolution against each. Please be honest if any specific feedback has not been accepted and correction implemented.

This way you gain players confidence and with this the loyalty increases!
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
    Dear Lagertha,

We are already in the month of October and I do not see any Oktober fest being announced as yet!

I am hoping GGS uses the same calendar as we all do?

thank you.
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN

This game has truly become a complete waste of time. For over a year there have been line rooms with GG reps. Feedback directly provided. Ideas shared by players who have been dedicated for 5+ years.

New garbage added and nothing good coming. PVP is As long dead. Everything is NPC related. Events that serve no purpose like ShapeShifters, the beehive thing and the Eiloidon or whatever its called. What is this crap GG?????

LTE were the start of total downfall but at least there was tools and troops to be won. Now its one confusing currency to the next to buy more confusing items and a serious lack of quality prizes.

Go back to the roots of the game if you want to save Empire. People still play for friends they met along the way but soon that wont matter and we will all just be line buddies.

I am done spending money on this game and I know many others are too. Or have quit.

Serious changes need to be made, or this cash cow of yours will go the way of the dinosaur and the game developers will be to blame.

As long as players spend money these trash will be delivered to us all!

By just merely post threats here will not deter GGS from doing what they do...

Actions speaks louder than text here!

Follow Nike "Just do it"

BWM @ E4K IN
    To prove my point here is a proof:

BWM @ E4K IN
  • What will be done with old rewards ? If somebody has 3 million nomad tabs saved up, will one still have use for those ?
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,441GB1
    edited 02.10.2019
    bwm (IN1) said:
    To prove my point here is a proof:

Very interesting, less players spending but those who do spend are spending more. Seems high risk though, more reliance on a smaller number of players for income?
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 319Moderator
    edited 02.10.2019
    What will be done with old rewards ? If somebody has 3 million nomad tabs saved up, will one still have use for those ?
    You will not lose nomad tabs. That currency will still remain, as will the tent to use them in. 

"Tablets and Tokens will remain in the game as will the tents where you can spend them. All other rewards will be removed with some small exceptions and replaced with Gold and Silver coins." 

Can't wait.

US players said that effectively they only got a 1/4 of rewards equivalent to previous system and that shops are very limited for items you might actually want. So whilst u have more choice u lose quantity and quality of rewards.

• 2-3 years ago like half of this chart was castle building strategy games setting records like highest annual spending per paying players (550$/y Game of War: Fire Age in 2015) or Cash of Clans by itself grossing more than the last 5 Call of Duty games altogether, now Clash of Clans is the only game in the genre still making it to the 10th position on the overall chart. What we see is the collapse of the entire genre under its own greed (same premium buildings, point boosters, timeskips, and packages everywhere). The short term revenue increasing attempts of GG won't work forever.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,441GB1
    edited 03.10.2019
    Events changing for players level 60 and above.  For players who are not level 60 yet, when do events change to coin ones? First event after they hit level 60 or when next ltpe starts (ltpe would continue until it finished as it started).
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 855INT4
    edited 03.10.2019
    The way the Update reads we get gold pieces from LTPE, and silver from events. Is this correct?

But the final sentence of the Update (which appears to be an easier-to-digest summary), mentions gold coins only, not silver: “Like we did recently with our Long Term Point Event we will be removing rewards from all of our events and replacing them with a currency: Gold Pieces. These will be redeemable at a special event camp for prizes.”

What happens to the current Apprentice coin maker and those coins we have accumulated?

Will we still get top X rewards for each event (such as the current Top 50 and Top 100 for Bloodcrows)? Or only these new silver pieces?  And what about Top X for LTPE?

Does “construction items” (available from the Gold Shop) mean construction and upgrade tokens? Or are you referring to build items?  Or crafting materials? I wish Forum updates would use the same nomenclature that the game uses.

So VIP time is gone for good? It's been taken out of the prize pools and I see no mention of it in what is available from the Gold and Silver shops. Must buy it with rubies from now on? 

If what US1 players said about the lack of time skips hasn't been rectified then it could kill the game for me.

• Milizio (IT1)Milizio (IT1) Posts: 633IT1
    In the LPTE you get points by spending tablets.
    When we move on to the new system, we will still be given points by spending tablets or as I imagine idiots like me who have tens of thousands of tablets accumulated to climb the rankings at the right time have only lost time because they won't score points?

Meglio vivere osando che non conoscere né vittoria né sconfitta

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 403US1
    edited 03.10.2019

At least the way it was implemented in us1, ltpe remains basically unchanged from the coin maker system, you get to change ltpe coins for gold coins now is all. In other words, its just a currency name change. The real changes are in event rewards themselves, now you get a bunch if silver coins with them too instead of actual items, but the store has a ridiculously low amount of items for sale, so its a massive reduction compared to the events you ha e right now in your server

At least the way it was implemented in us1, ltpe remains basically unchanged from the coin maker system, you get to change ltpe coins for gold coins now is all. In other words, its just a currency name change. The real changes are in event rewards themselves, now you get a bunch if silver coins with them too instead of actual items, but the store has a ridiculously low amount of items for sale, so its a massive reduction compared to the events you ha e right now in your server

you haven't read very well.
    I'll give you an example.
    I have 100,000 tablets. I spend them during LPTE. so I can get among the top 100.
    If they change the system, the tablets to spend will no longer score points for LPTE. I got it?! And I only lost time accumulating tablets.

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 403US1
    edited 03.10.2019

You are the one not reading.

No. Again. As i said. No changes happened to the ltpe, it is basically unchanged from the current system in your server. They are literally just changing the name currency you get in it from "apprentice tokens" to "gold coins" . No changes to the way points are scored, the point brackets, or the items sold in the shop. even the prices in the shop remain unchanged. The rewards for top 250, 100 and 1 were changed though.

All significant changes are in events themselves. Instead of getting troops and tools you get silver coins and a new store similar to the ltpe one that uses said coins.

• Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) Posts: 438NL1
    The end is near by.
    Doing crap that nobody ask for.
    Insteadof listing to the free player feedback were alot of other companies are dying for such value information.

Don't forget to rate and comment this game in the play/app store and social media.

@zeverso (US1)
    I repeat again.
    in this LPTE I spend tablets and get locksmith points and coins in LPTE.
    In the next LPTE I will have to spend gold coins. so if I spend my tablets instead of gold coins, I won't get any points. Did i get the idea?

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 855INT4
    @zeverso (US1)
    I repeat again.
    In the next LPTE I will have to spend gold coins. so if I spend my tablets instead of gold coins, I won't get any points. Did i get the idea?
    You will still earn tablets from hitting Nomads. And there will still be a Nomad trader where you can spend these tablets.
    AND when you spend these tablets at the Nomad trader, you will still get LTPE points. 

So - as Zerverso said - it's the same as current LTPE.  (except LTPE points will now give gold coins instead of grey coins, and there will be a Gold shop to spend them, instead of current Apprentice Coin Maker).

Can @CM_Crom Cruach or someone else from GGS confirm this?

• Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 319Moderator
    @zeverso (US1)
    I repeat again.
    You will still earn tablets from hitting Nomads. And there will still be a Nomad trader where you can spend these tablets.
    AND when you spend these tablets at the Nomad trader, you will still get LTPE points. 

So - as Zerverso said - it's the same as current LTPE.  (except LTPE points will now give gold coins instead of grey coins, and there will be a Gold shop to spend them, instead of current Apprentice Coin Maker).

Can @CM_Crom Cruach or someone else from GGS confirm this?

You are correct. It's the rewards systems/tents that are updating, not LTPE or Nomads trader.

And what about the fact that what we can buy is mere fraction of what we used to get?

How often will shops reset?

• HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 512Community Manager
    @HYDROgoose (AU1) It will refresh more often but not after every event.
  • Hopefully that works ill leave any comments until we can try it out

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • Sneaky Pete (GB1)Sneaky Pete (GB1) Posts: 63GB1
    edited 05.10.2019

Any word on horsetails, or equivalent, being added to samurai shop?

It's a nightmare hitting 2 glory events on the quota from the last nomads.

Post edited by Sneaky Pete (GB1) on
    Banshee @ GG 1
This discussion has been closed.