Home Update Questions & Feedback

The Kings Shilling - Thoughts and Feedback

Comments

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416
    edited 30.08.2019

They are actually adding one more, since they say we'll also get silver coins lol.

• vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,173

@CM_Crom Cruach can u please explain

"WillyWiz (NL1) said:

So you get less and you pay more. And it is my concern the same will happen with the new gold coin rewards.

That is not how it has been presented to me. It has been said that once you get past the first two steps there is a big jump in what you can afford in comparison to what you would have won."

The first two steps? Big jump in what u can afford?

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,296
    12 new crafting materials does seem ridiculous. To add to the 6 we already had. 18 crafting materials in total.   Why?

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,093

As GGS has decided not to release anything anymore about future features/updates they have thrown away the possibility to explain/enlighten us about these new materials. Then there can be no other feedback as the ones given above.

Unnecessary, overcomplicated, unwanted, unexplainable.

And obviously completely deaf to the feedback given here in this forum.

• CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 767
    The test will begin today, I hope you find it to your liking. Please let me know here your thoughts.

As GGS has decided not to release anything anymore about future features/updates they have thrown away the possibility to explain/enlighten us about these new materials. 

If I had information I would share it with you.

12 new crafting materials does seem ridiculous. To add to the 6 we already had. 18 crafting materials in total.   Why?
    It enables the game to continue to expand. I understand the concern but I would have thought that new items requiring new materials would be par for the course.vonclis (AU1) said:

@CM_Crom Cruach can u please explain

The first two steps? Big jump in what u can afford?

As it has been explained to me, the first two reward steps in events have a rather low payout in terms of coins. However once you go past these, which won't be difficult, you will have a large increase in the payout which will enable you to afford more items from the shop. Basically if you invest the same effort and pass these first two reward steps you will earn at least the same value of rewards and in most cases more. I know that you will have to be the judge of that ultimately but this is how it has been explained to me.

edited 02.09.2019

@CM_Crom Cruach the test begins today?

Hmm. We have the same long term event. Same BC rewards too. What test?

Apprentice coin maker also no different except for being able to buy new building materials.

Where are the improvements in rewards? I don't see them. We still have grey broken discs. It's still 10k discs for first pass. The comm we could earn in one pass is still selling for 20k grey discs. Tools are still limited.

We will have to see what hard core rewards are but I'm not really holding my breath for that as I'm convinced I'll pass out from lack of oxygen long before I find an improvement.

I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,093

AFAIR it is only tested on US1. So we get it the next update.

• jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213
    edited 02.09.2019

These are our bloodcrows rewards in us1. No items just silver and gold coins. U use the silver to purchase items that would usually be rewards and the relic RSS. There's also a tent to exchange the apprentice tokens for gold coins. Only gold coins in the lte.

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,621
    edited 02.09.2019
    I don't even have new event to test, but new build items are bad enough.  Game turned into a shopping sim where you win various coins and spend time deciding what quantities you need of various items that are all different prices and sold in different quantities.

Sorry wrong thread... Realised too late i should have put in the update one not the new event one. 
    Post edited by Lezley (GB1) on
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 347
    The test is currently running on the US1 server. We're collecting feedback on the changes, that were announced, that have been implemented on that server. I know many of you are reluctant of this test, but lets give them a chance to voice their feedback on what they like, or don't like about it. 

Everyone is welcome/allowed to voice their opinion/feedback, but we do need players that are on US1 to voice theirs as well. 
    I will be giving my initial feedback report tomorrow around lunchtime. If you want to have your opinion included in that I would need you to let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated, both negative and positive. However please keep in objective and constructive.
    edited 02.09.2019

Ok i think we are getting less rewards because of the limitation with amount of packs available. But the amount of silver coins is fair in my opinion. You are just getting 1000 horrors and demons, for the whole month, but it is very easy to get enough coins for that.

You can get around 3700 silver coins by 800k glory, but 24150 silver coins are possible for those who get to 15 million(which is enough to buy the entire limited inventory in store...) Additionally, there is 1000 gold coins by 850k glory, but a total of 3500 are available. I mention 800k glory because i think its the average regular active players get but obviously lot of players get way more than that but i don't want to post the full list...

• GandaIf (US1)GandaIf (US1) US1 Posts: 3

- Too many new build materials. Even as new content keeps the game fresh and moving in a direction, this is extra complexity that does not provide depth to game mechanics or strategy, it creates a much longer list of different things to obtain. With what we already have been using and working towards, I probably would prefer fewer new build materials with higher reward costs than more new build materials with lower costs. I would really like to see GG fold in the original, initially introduced build materials somehow, of which the long time players have acrued thousands upon thousands, or make some kind of conversion for those.

- Need gold to silver coins conversion

- Limits for the reward packs in blacksmith shop seem quite low between monthly resets. I feel like the limits for what we can earn (more tiers for higher levels) and the rewards we can collect are pretty stifled. I think the options offered are an excellent variety of rewards available through those packs.

• Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546

Limits in packages is stupid. I dont want troops or pieces or decos. I will never been able to buy other stuff with my coins.To much build materials indeed. But you can skip wood stone oil coal glass iron. Most of us wont need them anymore 😁

Don't forget to rate and this game in the app store and social media. BGS read player reviews on the stores! Implement this in the updates.

BGS = Bug Game Studios

• HYDROgoose (AU1)HYDROgoose (AU1) AU1 Posts: 147
    edited 03.09.2019

If what zeverso is accurate then it does actually sound like we'll be getting a fair amount. In which case my only suggestion is please reset the stores every event instead of every ltpe and then this sounds like a wonder update that i look forward to seeing implemented to my server.

Just a quick add on

We get roughly 2460 misc attack troops in the current bloodcrow layout (4 days) which would drop to 4000 every ltpe (35 days) which is a huge drop and one of the main reasons i think it should be reset more frequently

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • Drednaught (AU1)Drednaught (AU1) AU1 Posts: 180
    Any chance GG can introduce a mechanism to sell or trade up accumulated surplus tools? Some stuff is seldom used and just builds up stocks. Swapping such items for ones we use - or for coin like surplus equip items - would be a good move.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am about to prepare the initial feedback now so if you want to get any in please do so quickly. We will also still take feedback over the course of the test but this will only be compiled towards the end.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,621
    I expect you going to get a split with some players really liking it and some players really disliking it, if reactions to original ltpe token change are anything to go on.

What I was trying to say, i admit fairly badly, about the new relic build items is i think it's badly done, so many different quantities of different materials but you buy them all in one place with the same currency. It could have been made much simpler by having less components.

Unless anyone feels like doing a direct comparison we not going to know how the quantity of rewards works out compared to version of events on other servers, regarding number of each type of coins we get and limits on packs.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.

It enables the game to continue to expand. I understand the concern but I would have thought that new items requiring new materials would be par for the course. 

The Kings Shilling update notes was all about reducing complexity and making things less "byzantine". Then at the same time the September update introduces 12 new crafting materials.  New items sure, but why do we need 12 new materials to get them? Why not just buy these new build items with the new gold or silver coins? Isn't that much less byzantine?
  • MachineGunMike (US1)MachineGunMike (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    edited 03.09.2019
    Gg dropped the ball with this update if their goal was to make the game less complicated with less currency, instead of just lte tokens you have gold and silver now. My biggest issue was that there is no trade for gold tokens to silver tokens. I have an account on us2 also and I can buy more of the new build craft materials with the apprentice tokens that I had already accumulated from previous events bc it cost less apprentice tokens ( equal to a gold token) then silver ones. And it will cost 5 silver to transfer into a gold token but since there’s no new crafting materials available on the gold side it’s kinda pointless, should be able to trade 1 gold for 5 silver  or just do away with having two types and go to one and make it less complicated then you already have. And it is kinda ashamed that we have to have new materials at all. 
    Post edited by MachineGunMike (US1) on
  • Below I have made a list of what it cost depending on if your using apprentice tokens( all but Us1 severs) compared to the new system with silver for US1

Type.   Apprentice.      Silver.       Quantity.
    Clay-     10.                      15.           100
    water-    1.                        10.           100
    paint-      15.                      20.           50
    Rope-      15.                      20.           50
    Pr metals.   20                    50.           20
    magma.      50.                   120.          5

• jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213

Yep as the test server, us1 got cheated. No option to buy the relic materials with gold coins. Can't really get an accurate comparison in silver coin to previous rewards because all our silver coins is going into relic builds.

So u guys are saying spend the dull broken grey discs whilst we can?

• Veddy the Sly (US1)Veddy the Sly (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 04.09.2019
    I'm in agreement with Zeverso. Other than the limitations on the items purchasable in the silver shop, it seems to be rather well thought out. There are a few ways that come to mind on how to deal with this. Way #1: Have the silver shop reset the troops and items every event (FL, Nomads, Samurai, BC), not every LTPE. Way #2: Eliminate or increase the limitations so that it is more in line with the normal rewards. I have no qualms with the number of coins given, just the spending potential in the shop itself.

Also agree with the thought of Gold to Silver conversion, not just Silver to Gold.
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,212
    Any chance GG can introduce a mechanism to sell or trade up accumulated surplus tools? Some stuff is seldom used and just builds up stocks. Swapping such items for ones we use - or for coin like surplus equip items - would be a good move.
    Agree here we could exchange these unwanted Equipments and Tools for Shards which will help us to upgrade our Relic Equipments 
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN

There is one thing that just hit me and hope it wasn't implemented the way i am imagining. But there is only 50 (5 pack of 10) 30 mins and 50 mins skips. I hope those were meant to replace the ones we got in berimond only and nomads still give out some like before. Cause the game is going to suck big time if we can no longer obtain skips in nomads. Means less tablets which also means less horse tails and then everything cascades down from there.

Below I have made a list of what it cost depending on if your using apprentice tokens( all but Us1 severs) compared to the new system with silver for US1

Type.   Apprentice.      Silver.       Quantity.
    Clay-     10.                      15.           100
    water-    1.                        10.           100
    paint-      15.                      20.           50
    Rope-      15.                      20.           50
    Pr metals.   20                    50.           20
    magma.      50.                   120.          5

I'm trying to figure this out.  1 new gold coin = 1 apprentice disc, right? (i think they said they will be swapped one-for-one).  And does 1 gold coin = 5 silver coins? If so, it looks like under the new system some materials are more expensive and some are cheaper.  We should buy now all we can of the materials that will become more expensive with apprentice discs while we can.  Or have I got this wrong? 

This discussion has been closed.