Home General Discussions

Wheel of torture, do we even have a choice?

Other98OfEmpire (INT4)Other98OfEmpire (INT4) INT4 Posts: 222
edited 16.07.2019 in General Discussions

The jackpot rewards are added to the account even before we choose one of the 3 cards, so the rewards are predefined.

Check it out in this video, watch it in full screen.

https://youtu.be/LxwWaTf5XGI

Post edited by Other98OfEmpire (INT4) on

Comments

• Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500

Price is determined when you hit jackpot, the 3 card Draw is only visual (and therefore useless)

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • Yes and where is the choice there? It's said we are choosing one of the 3 cards, but we don't.

Jep, no choice. The choice would be a random 1 out of 3 so it really doesn't matter... But the whole card draw is useless.

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,139

This is pure misleading the player thinking (s)he has any influence on the outcome of the draw. I even wonder if there is an equal chance of getting one of the three.

• Other98OfEmpire (INT4)Other98OfEmpire (INT4) INT4 Posts: 222
    edited 16.07.2019

Of course there isn't. I had 20 jackpots with a card which contains rubies, only got it once heh

The "luck" I had at wheel, I would sooner upgrade an equipment item to lvl 20 than getting those rubies, so much about 1/3

But I'm only speaking for myself. My teammate bought tickets for 300k rubies and got back 300k rubies from the wheel and 100k tickets left, and ofc some other stuff like equipment, coins..

I'm not sure how it works but it's probably decided who will have "luck" and who won't, after all they can't make everyone unhappy :)

This is pure misleading the player thinking (s)he has any influence on the outcome of the draw. I even wonder if there is an equal chance of getting one of the three.

sidenote: You never have any influence on the outcome of a card draw...
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 809
    @Other98ofEmpire (INT2) I brought this up with the designers and developers this morning. So what happens when you go to the Wheel of Fortune is correctly shown in the video. Once you commit to the card selection screen, the game calculates the three prizes and chooses which one of those you will receive, then immediately places this into your game account. This is done due to a technical limitation on our end. I agree it isn't very satisfactory. 

It is not only not satisfactory it is pure misleading the players. It gives a false perception of reality. It looks like a card draw, it feels like a card draw but it is no card draw. So it is basically a scam. It gives the idea a player can influence the outcome but he cannot. It is just an animation. So, get rid of the cards and just show the selected price.

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,379

You can find the probabilities of each prize somewhere in the info section of the Wheel.
    Of course there isn't equal chance. The best stuff is less likely, as you'd expect.

You can find the probabilities of each prize somewhere in the info section of the Wheel.
    Of course there isn't equal chance. The best stuff is less likely, as you'd expect.
    :P Yeah its there... however: i dont trust the "randomness" of the random generator that is used... I simply win too many VIPpoint/time rewards compared to other rewards...
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
    You can.WillyWiz (NL1) said:

It is not only not satisfactory it is pure misleading the players.

It's random and you have the same chance to win any the three prizes displayed.

It is misleading because the player gets the impression he has some influence on the outcome of the draw, but he has not. It is presented as a card draw but it has nothing to do with a card draw.

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,379

I thought these "draw chance" shown below meant that you do not "have the same chance to win any the three prizes displayed". Com Cruach, are you saying these are instead the chances that it is one of the 3 jackpot prizes, and then it's 33.3% after that? (my experience suggests not).

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,667
    Any chance of changing the decoration for a better one? 
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
    CM_Crom Cruach said:

This statement is 100% incorrect.

You do NOT have the same chance to win any of the three prizes displayed: the prize is determined the moment you hit the jackpot: 2/3 prizes displayed are only there for display purposes, the 3rd prize is the one that you alreaddy won: no matter which card you choose.

The 2/3 prizes displayed are only there for display purposes:
    If this is NOT true: than the card draw is no longer a useless display thing, than this is truelly a scam. because this implies that:

The shown win chance % for the jackpot prizes is the chance that they show up as 1 of the 3 cards when you hit the jackpot AND that theres a 1/3 chance to win 1 of those 3 prizes.

This would mean that for example on wheel lvl 7 jackpot.

Cards drawn:
    - 400.000 coins : 12% chance (according to game explanation)  
    - 16.000 rubies : 3% chance  (according to game explanation)  
    - 20.000 rubies : 1% chance  (according to game explanation) 

Would be followed up by a 1/3 chance for each price.

Which would result in a actual win chance for these 3 prices of:
    - 400.000 coins : 12% initial chance * 1/3 card draw = 4% chance
    - 16.000 rubies : 3% initial chance * 1/3 card draw = 1% chance
    - 20.000 rubies : 1% initial chance * 1/3 card draw =  0,33% chance
    I do not know if this is correct math: but the ACTUAL win chance for low chance rewards: is FOR SURE lower than stated than.
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
    I thought these "draw chance" shown below meant that you do not "have the same chance to win any the three prizes displayed". Com Cruach, are you saying these are instead the chances that it is one of the 3 jackpot prizes, and then it's 33.3% after that? (my experience suggests not).

That is a very good question actually... I'll have to ask but what you bring up here makes more sense I think.

• enricoluS (NL1)enricoluS (NL1) NL1 Posts: 148

It really does not matter at all which way it works.

If the percentages shown are just the chances you get the card, and afterwards you have a 33% chance of picking any card out of the three, then any reward will have its own draw percentage • (1/3) as its chance to be picked on any particular card...but since there are 3 cards it will be its own draw percentage • (1/3) • 3 = its own draw percentage

The only thing that will be different is the rewards shown on the cards that you dont pick in the end, but that doesnt really matter because as @Other98ofEmpire (INT2) showed here

The prizes are pre-determined anyway. The whole card picking is just to make it more entertaining and honestly I like it.

If you dont like it, i would suggest the android users to just press the "return" button to skip the animation of picking the cards, and i would suggest the apple users to buy an android.

Now on a different note, where did the wheel go? I haven't seen it the past 2 days, but before i saw it everyday

Still have a whole bunch of tickets left to spin and test my luck...

enricoluS @ GG 1
  • HYDROgoose (AU1)HYDROgoose (AU1) AU1 Posts: 147

Exactly right. If the wheel is going to be like this just give us the reward straight out instead of making us pick a card that will have the exact same thing behind it no matter what you pick

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213

Rams % of win should say 99.9%😂

edited 31.07.2019

That is a very good question actually... I'll have to ask but what you bring up here makes more sense I think.

@CM_Crom Cruach
    @CM_Wylka 

Any update on this?
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
    I will have to corner a designer first and that's not easily done. They are wily creatures.
  • MrChaos (SKN1)MrChaos (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 189
    We should receive the actual odds with the next update, since after 1st of September google (Apple) also requires that percentages for lootboxes be displayed.

I think the wheel can be compared to a loot box, it's a random virtual item
    They are displayed in the game.

@CM_Crom Cruach

I will have to corner a designer first and that's not easily done. They are wily creatures.

any update on this?

Veni vidi Verduveltje
    I assume that the second Wheel of  Fortune doesn't count as an update? I' actually didn't get a straight answer from the designer when I asked so I will do so again... sorry for the delay.
    Okay so from what I understood, when you click on the wheel a set of three items is generated and your prize is then selected from that. This is done instantly and so the card flip is not an arbitrary one. 

Alright. Thanks @CM_Crom Cruach .

So: the reward chance %, as schown in the wheel's information, is the chance for the reward to generated as 1 of the 3 card flip rewards?

And: is the chance of getting 1 of the 3 generated jackpot reward cards equal (1/3) for each card?

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • Of course not, otherwise I wouldn't be getting rams always 🙄

Sign In to comment.