Event schedule

GG is not the brightest tools in the shed....... LTPE says what events are next for all players to see so it doesn't help to announce the event as it happens. @Black Rose

Comments

• Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) Posts: 484NL1
    edited 01.07.2019

I cannot believe the arrogance GGE has towards its customers... You truely think we are complete idiots?

"Such auguries have never proven accurate and so King Eric has turned to his Royal Heralds to announce to the Lords and Ladies the events of the Kingdom as they arise."

Correct, changes occuer. However: even announced in time that's no problem.

"No more will you be left in the dark, shuddering from the fear of Invaders and Attackers appearing to ravage the kingdoms unannounced."

What? When did this happen? Usually the scheduled events are started as scheduled: the fckups are problems within those events.

"Instead you will stand in the light, secure in the knowledge that the Heralds will proclaim with certainty what is to happen from day to day amongst the kingdoms."

Lol. Yeah, when an event starts we will see that.

It's a great quick fix for Your problem. However IT does not fix Your problem.

The problem is that you are not capable of properly testing software updates before releasing.

Taking away the event schedule does not fix this problem, it simply masks some fckups like starting a different event than scheduled: IT does not resolve any problem, masks/hides IT for your customers

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • brittie87 (NL1)brittie87 (NL1) Posts: 51NL1
    edited 02.07.2019

I really think now is the time to stop playing GGE!!! I had enough of them en there stupid bugs,support,not listen to us and a 100 more mistakes they make. Adios GGE you lost me after 2 and a half years!!! I loved the game very much but you ruined it for me

• But but but.... social media said I'd battle fierce Foreign lords and ladies.....

and I got Bloodcrows.....

granted, they are similar, but not the same. Even announcing the event at the time it is released isn't working? Good Gravy.

Sir Bootybonker @ GG 1
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 893AU1

Yes. Not the same. BC are worse as they are expensive to exile.

And now it's official. We are mushrooms. GG keep us in the dark and feed us manure, expecting us to thrive and grow.

• Amazing.

Even announcing the correct event after it started goes wrong... Haha

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) Posts: 416US1

My theory at this point is that there is probably lead in their water supply....

• CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 628Community Manager
    edited 04.07.2019
    @Death Lord
     We are aware that you can see the upcoming events in the LTPE... so you also realise that you already have an event schedule too right? It just isn't on the forum?
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,523GB1
    Where does it tell you what is next? It just says coming soon against all events... No clue what is actually next.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 994INT4
    edited 04.07.2019
    Where does it tell you what is next? It just says coming soon against all events... No clue what is actually next.
    In the LTPE "tent" outside my MC I can see that Samurai is next, then FL, then Nomads.  It doesn't say when, just "this event will start soon"
    The order is the order of events? Never needed to know when there was a schedule...
    The order is the order of events? 
    Yep.
  • Gondod (GB1)Gondod (GB1) Posts: 59GB1

It may show some events, but LTPE does not show berimond, alliance tournament, kingdoms league, outer realms or shapeshifters dates.

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 895NL1

And it only mentions the LTPE events, not the others. So that is too easy @CM_Crom Cruach. Please do not try to convince us this was a smart change, it is just a way to hide future mistakes made by the people that starts/programs the events. Or the decision makers that change their minds for some unknown (to us) reason.

Is collectors event being run again? (Hive mind was 2 months ago).
  • Gondod (GB1)Gondod (GB1) Posts: 59GB1

Probably not. Gg would rather spend their time on boring, money grab, events such as outer realms. Gg doesn’t care about collectors events, as not many people would spend their cash on it to buy the decorations and look items.

Why do you bother posting events in announcements once we know they're there?

I don't normally mind the new lingo but it's really annoying and clutters up the official announcements. Those of us trolling forums tend to be committed players and have probably noticed already.

It's a bit like being told what yesterday's weather was like.

• LagerthaLagertha Posts: 661Moderator

I don't normally mind the new lingo but it's really annoying and clutters up the official announcements. Those of us trolling forums tend to be committed players and have probably noticed already.

We have decided to post all as an announcement and after a day or two move to the current months news.  

Believe it or not, clean forum threads is the goal.  🙃
  • Lagertha said:

We have decided to post all as an announcement and after a day or two move to the current months news.  

Believe it or not, clean forum threads is the goal.  🙃
    Clean forum threads is the goal?

seriously? well than i applaud this solution!
    A clean forum will be achieved this way: guaranteed.

No players = no forum posts.
    Veni vidi Verduveltje

My statement was to answer why we make an announcement for events now.   No intention to muck up official announcements so we will move.  
  • Lagertha said:

My statement was to answer why we make an announcement for events now.   No intention to muck up official announcements so we will move.  
    Ah oke... well than it's business as usual. 

Goal: clean forum threads:
    Solution: New thread for every freakin event that already started in the game.
    consequence: A huge amount of spam with new forum threads giving obsolete information

You do realise that the old way of announcing events is something that we (your customers) liked? and that all those new spam threads announcing events that alreaddy started (most of the time the correct event is announced) are just anoying?
    Veni vidi Verduveltje

My point was more that the posts are pointless. Too little too late.

My point was more that the posts are pointless. Too little too late.

I wish I had the power to make it as it was but sadly do not.  Planning real life activities around this game was actually done a lot for myself and many others.  

One thing I know, nothing stays the same and continue to take forward this forums dislike of the new format. 
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 628Community Manager
    We are aware of the current feeling about the changes to the announcements. We will continue to explain internally that the players would prefer a monthly schedule. As to whether a revision is made I have no idea and I can sadly assure you that it won't be soon.
  • Even if you could tell us 24hrs in advance that would help with planning. 

The unexpected return of the Hive event with no notification is a case in point
    edited 05.08.2019
    Yep.

It's not, there is no clue in game as to what event is next. Samurai was next in list last night, but it's nomads today.
    In our past, on forums, we published a monthly view of a schedule.  Even though it was stated the schedule could change at any time, Mods/CMs got to hear about if the schedule was not kept.

While today the event changed in lte from sams to nomad/kahn, to me it means ek4 update isn't ready.  I am good with not having an update before it is ready.  Even a properly planned update never goes well in a mobile environment due to many other factors over pc updates.  So I will enjoy easy feeding of troops today until the update is ready.

I will, however, continue to ask for a bit more notice.  Finding a happy medium would be good.
  • enricoluS (NL1)enricoluS (NL1) Posts: 110NL1

For you it means the update isnt ready?

Since when is there an update? O wait, i forgot...nothing is announced until its already there...

enricoluS @ GG 1
    Yep.

It's not, there is no clue in game as to what event is next. Samurai was next in list last night, but it's nomads today.
    yes, i got thrown by that too. was expecting Samurai.   :(
  • K-9 (IN1)K-9 (IN1) Posts: 19IN1

Why good game studios is not providing monthly shedule list.

This was a decision out of Mods and CMs control.  We do however keep putting forward this forum thought on not having a schedule. 
Sign In to comment.