Home General Discussions

Kingdom's League

Comments

• For now I'm ignoring it, nothing else to do. I'm again in a group of full lvl 70s and all of them are active. 
  • What about the titles? Selene said earlier that you need 2 gold medals to lvl each title and its 21 kingdom titles. The event only last for 16 days. Players is not even getting halfway.

They need to either change the xp of medals or the length of the event. 

• MrChaos (SKN1)MrChaos (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 189
    What about the titles? Selene said earlier that you need 2 gold medals to lvl each title and its 21 kingdom titles. The event only last for 16 days. Players is not even getting halfway.

They need to either change the xp of medals or the length of the event. 

It was announced that the event will run for 6 week once the "beta" testing is done
  • Yet again I'm the only one under lvl 70 in my group (suppose my feedback was ignored completely) Is there a way to not participate in this event at all and not get that ticket popping up again and again?

• Those extra "event end" rewards from the season pass, are handed out after each segment is concluded. As there are 9-10 different events in this 40-day Kingdom League, that means an extra ~800 upgrade tokens, just for buying the season pass, even if you don't advance your title at all during the whole event.
  • Ice Queen (US1)Ice Queen (US1) US1 Posts: 88
    Those extra "event end" rewards from the season pass, are handed out after each segment is concluded. As there are 9-10 different events in this 40-day Kingdom League, that means an extra ~800 upgrade tokens, just for buying the season pass, even if you don't advance your title at all during the whole event.
    Exactly! It is a simpler way to win the much anticipated construction/upgrade tokens needed for the new relic buildings. 

I'm glad someone else can see the bigger picture too.  :smiley:
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,379
    Those extra "event end" rewards from the season pass, are handed out after each segment is concluded. As there are 9-10 different events in this 40-day Kingdom League, that means an extra ~800 upgrade tokens, just for buying the season pass, even if you don't advance your title at all during the whole event.
    Are they worth the 17,500 rubies? (genuine question).  For me, that's a lot of rubies. I realise I might not be the target market, and that's fine.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,667
    edited 02.06.2019
    I found this on the help shift pages...

I don't remember this ever being mentioned on the forum, but it seems to be saying all medals are not equal, it depends on your event score as well.  Am I reading that correctly?
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416

Yes. It means that if i manage to obtain a gold medal by collecting 10k tablets, i will be lower in the rankings than a player who got a gold medal with 100k tablets, and i will progress less with titles. You can see that very clearly if you scroll through the rankings a bit. You'll eventually see that the people in lower rankings have more medals but are still lower.

Like this:

Indeed it does explain a lot, if that is what is happening, but we have never been told this on the forum, even though the titles and medal rankings have been asked about many times.
    Indeed it does explain a lot, if that is what is happening, but we have never been told this on the forum, even though the titles and medal rankings have been asked about many times.
    we were told rankings were based on titles, not medals. we just weren't told precisely what determines titles. your screenshot suggests it is medals plus event points that determine titles. 
  • MrChaos (SKN1)MrChaos (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 189
    Each rank requires 2000 points to unlock.

The points given based on medals are
    • Gold - 1000 points
    • Silver - 950 points
    • Bronze - 850 points
    • Glass - 700
    • Copper - 500
    • Stone - 300
    • Wood - 100
    So you need 20 wood medals or 2 gold medals to advance to the next title
    So, Titles are based on medals as outlined by MrChaos above (thanks!).

And Ranking is based on title, then medals, then event points? (presumably event points only used if number of medals are exactly the same. I'm assuming that's what Lezley's screenshot above is saying).
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 809
    edited 04.06.2019
    Ranking for the Seasons End, which I think that's what you are confused about, is based on the following in the order written:
    1. Title
    2. Gold Medal Total
    3. Silver Medal Total
    4. Bronze Medal
    Event points do not have an influence on the Seasons End Ranking. If Player A has three gold medals, three silver and two bronze and Player B has four gold only and both have the same title, then Player B would be ranked more highly at Seasons End.
    Hi @CM_Crom Cruach,

The question was about title progression, not season end rankings.  

Do event points change how much progress towards the next title we get for each medal, or do we always get the same amount of progress for the same medal?
  • Event score has zero effect on title progression. Every bronze medal has equal value, all golds are equivalent, silvers, the same. What people are overlooking is the fact that 4th and 5th place daily rankings contribute significantly to the overall title progress.

Someone may have 15, 4th place finishes, and 1 gold, in 16 days. They may rank higher than someone with 4 golds, because the overall medal count, and value of those medals is higher, even though they have fewer golds.

If they made it based on event score, then many divisions' gold winners, wouldn't progress as far as some divisions' 9th place players.

The event is designed in such a way that gold every day, will earn you the top title. Anything short of that, and you won't reach it. If weighted by event score, someone could put up 3 million points in every nomad event, and take the top title without even playing in the glory events, at all, potentially.

• There is no light to shed. If there were, everyone who is top-50 in most events, would be top-50 in the league, whether they get gold, or finish in 9th, every division.

I have had brutal brackets, with 7 top-75 players in one group, and finishing 8th got me nowhere in the title progression. I have also taken gold, and leveled up 2 titles, in a nomad event, with less than 30k points.

Llama King Tic, I understand all you are saying.  But this discussion was prompted by this (posted by Lezley):

What does this mention of "event points" mean?
    The question was about title progression, not season end rankings.  
    Sorry, I'll ask the Game Team how it is calculated.

• I think everyone is overthinking it, as that statement was in reference to overall rankings, and a reminder that ALL medals contribute points to the event (being the Kingdom League, in this case). So yes, while higher finishes will earn titles faster, two people with the same gold, silver, and bronze counts, may still have different event point totals (value of all medals), and thus, be different titles.

Or at the very least, the one with more 4th place, 5th place, or however far is needed for the tiebreaker, will be in front, even if they have the same overall title.

It has nothing to do with individual event scores, in this context. Chalk it up as another poorly worded, albeit accurate, explanation by GG.

The amount and quality of medals determine your title progression in the Kingdoms League. The quantity and quality of medals you receive determines how quickly you will progress.
    The amount and quality of medals determine your title progression in the Kingdoms League. The quantity and quality of medals you receive determines how quickly you will progress.
    Sorry @CM_Crom Cruach   still confused... 

Does the same quality of medal always give the same quantity of title progression?
  • Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500

The only thing that matters for rank/title progression is the medals you obtained.

So the quickest way to reach the highest title is 40 gold medals. This means that you can only reach the highest title is the kingdoms League event runs atleast 40 days.

Veni vidi Verduveltje
    Yep, what he said!
    edited 06.06.2019
    I found this on the help shift pages...

I don't remember this ever being mentioned on the forum, but it seems to be saying all medals are not equal, it depends on your event score as well.  Am I reading that correctly?
    Ok... That's what I always thought was happening, @CM_Crom Cruach then I saw the helpshift / support faq above, it seems to be saying something different? (Sorry am I being annoying?)

Crom Cruach have you ever been told you look a little like Robert Trujillo?  ;)
  • Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500
    Ok... That's what I always thought was happening, @CM_Crom Cruach then I saw the helpshift / support faq above, it seems to be saying something different? (Sorry am I being annoying?)
    Read what the faq says like this:

The rankings are based on the titles held. Next to the titles the rankings wil total amount of gold, silver and bronze medals held by the player.

Please note, these rankings are based on titles and while the attaining of higher placed finishes will help you earn titles faster, it will also be based on the total amount of contribution (or event medal points) received.

It's not wrong, it's just written over complicated. Read it like this:

The rankings are based on the total amount of medal points received.  The attaining of higher placed finishes will give you better medals, better medals give more medal points.
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
    edited 06.06.2019
    Read what the faq says like this:

The rankings are based on the titles held. Next to the titles the rankings wil total amount of gold, silver and bronze medals held by the player.

Please note, these rankings are based on titles and while the attaining of higher placed finishes will help you earn titles faster, it will also be based on the total amount of contribution (or event medal points) received.

It's not wrong, it's just written over complicated. Read it like this:

The rankings are based on the total amount of medal points received.  The attaining of higher placed finishes will give you better medals, better medals give more medal points.
    But that is not what it says, changing it like that is changing the meaning... The heading on the helpshift is "I received the same medals as a person in my seasonal rankings, but they are higher in the rankings, why?". Changing it like that doesn't answer the faq... (Which is indeed a frequently asked question, because everyday we look at the overall season rankings and don't understand why players with the same medals are ranked so differently).
Sign In to comment.