Home General Discussions

Incessant offer pop-ups

Since the June Update Part 1, there's been a large increase the number of offers popping up.
This seemed especially bad during Samurai, when I was getting pop-ups every second time I tried to set up an attack, but it's still a problem now. Really interrupts with game play.

While setting an attack is the least likely time I am going to buy rubies, so what's the point? It doesn't increase your sales, but it pisses off your customers. Please stop this.

Comments

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,127
    It has reached a point where we do not look at them anymore. These advertisments should never popup when a player is busy in the middle of something. 
  • Neja (INT2)Neja (INT2) INT2 Posts: 60
    Not only offers but ALL other popups should be visible only in castles and not in world view (on map)
    Neja [St0rM] | INT2
  • Not only offers but ALL other popups should be visible only in castles and not in world view (on map)
    Amd no pop-up should appear during setting up an attack
  • Shomit (IN1)Shomit (IN1) IN1 Posts: 13
    With the new update m Fred up by the continous pop ups for offers... We players should be given an option to turn them off if we are not interested in buying rubies...
    These pop ups should not appear while attacking as many times we are giving skips to Khan camp and these pop ups come on screen and our attacks gets bounced   :/
  • Kamenna tvrz (INT2)Kamenna tvrz (INT2) INT2 Posts: 836
    edited 24.06.2018
    First what I see when log to game is... advertising of GG offers... and next every 10 minutes again and next 10 mins again ets. Horrible.
    Kamenna tvrz [ TAE 420 ] @ INT2
  • SeleneSelene Posts: 1,561
    I believe it was planned to have a lot of offers this weekend. I have provided them with feedback about it. Sorry guys! 
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,652
    I'm guessing they currently have no way of not sending pop ups depending on what we doing (as that would mean they sending them at most annoying times on purpose).  Easiest would be to stop all pop ups, and send special offer messages instead.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • qweryt (US1)qweryt (US1) US1 Posts: 70
    Also pop ups ... While typing....interrupting conversations.... Especially during multiple incoming attacks .... 
    qweryt @ GG 1
    I think it would make more sense to put blue box gifts on left hand side, and ruby doubler on right or not at all, just displayed in hub.
  • I'm sorry, but I took this information from the update to mean that we would be getting less pop-ups, not more.  I also assumed that we would just have one icon with all of the offers.  Instead, all they did was add an additional layer of things to look at.

New Feature: The Offers HUB

Do you know that feeling? You log into the game and there is one popup after another? Well, we have good news for you. With this new Offers Hub, those situations won't happen that often anymore.

• You open the Offers Hub by clicking on that respective new icon in the top right corner of your HUD  (The icon can change and be replaced with respective offer icons)

• In the Offers HUB, you will have a scrollable list of active offers and rewards which can be collected by you.

• Offers which are maxed out or where the time ran out will vanish from the list.

• Check out the animation below for a sneak peek:

Golden Domer @ GG 1
  • It sucks when you are preparing a fast attack and then see 5 pop ups. Its getting really Boring  :s
  • SeleneSelene Posts: 1,561
    I’ve merged these threads 
    Also when setting tools for attack, pop ups, then tools in different position to where i was!
  • shangri (SKN1)shangri (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 17
    Everytime they pop up in the middle of an attack setup or even worse when I am worried about food shortage, I want to quite the game. “Oh, what a nice offer, must have right now”. NO! It doesn’t work that way, dear GG.
    shangri @ GG 1
  • Demorte (US2)Demorte (US2) US2 Posts: 347
    I just lost a battle because of pop-ups. Was castle covered and was switching my best cast between each castle in-between attacks. One had only a 30 second gap, which was close, but still more than enough time. Started taking the cast off, then Boom! A couple of deals popped up one by one. Panicking, I close out of them then continued switching my cast, but not fast enough. Horribly lost the battle as a result. 
  • Lord Drab (PL1)Lord Drab (PL1) PL1 Posts: 182
    It was supposed to be better and it went out as always.

And GGS is just laughing with us !!
    Lord Drab @ GS2 1
  • Ruby... Ruby...
    Let's sell... Ler's sell....

This is the most important thing....
    When you guys learn that... you'll stop complaing...

They will do all they can to reduce the chance to get rubies in game.... to incentive you to buy and expend your money.... 

Ignore these promos... this is nothing more tham a virtual game... 
    Save your money....
  • HadrianHadrian Posts: 445
    I'm sorry guys . I'll mention this again right now about the pop ups.
  • They are popping up so often. I just automatically shut them without looking at them. I can't believe that this is effective in inducing people to buy. 

maybe they're getting us ready for a new business model of no pop-ups and ads if you buy/subscribe.  
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,220
    They are popping up so often. I just automatically shut them without looking at them. I can't believe that this is effective in inducing people to buy. 

maybe they're getting us ready for a new business model of no pop-ups and ads if you buy/subscribe.  
    Are U insane? If they have thought of it ....bad enough. But if not this will be the only idea on the forums they will implement and promptly tell us we wanted/ asked for it.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Most annoying, 2 pop ups come together, then few seconds later a 3rd one. Be slightly less annoying if they all came actually together.
  • Neja (INT2)Neja (INT2) INT2 Posts: 60
    With june update you declared the end of this insanity with popups, and then launched a half-finished product. In order to further anger players and encourage them to stop playing this game. Typically for GG
    Neja [St0rM] | INT2
    Something to let us know that there is a new offer is all we need, maybe get rid of all the icons under the hub unless it's a brand new offer we haven't seen, or send a game message, or change colour of something. Then we can just go and look what offer is without the popups! Please!?!
Sign In to comment.