Home General Discussions

Where did the fun go

This is not about PvP is dead or events only. I enjoy a little bit of everything. I'm not a purist who thinks PvP is the only thing worthwhile. Neither am I a castle builder or a pure event player.
But I am really struggling atm. Somehow gg has managed to kill all the fun and turn the game into a rat race and hard work.

A fair bit of effort should yield a fair bit of rewards. If U spend more U get more. But U can make up for less spending if you work hard.  Fair enough

However, gg keeps throwing new things at us we did not ask for. On the contrary, we keep asking them to stop and fix current bugs.

Now we have a new event where the only challenge is how to best exploit the extremely poor setup of the event until they fix it (and yes we have asked endless times for new content to be beta tested). The only thing fixed is the tool bug in favour of players.

It now also appears that other events have been tweaked in order to force us to play the broken shape shifters.

Fl is supposed to be random. Some are good some are bad. In over 70 hits I have not managed to find a FL with more than 1000 troops in it. It has become a pointless tedious exercise.  I have had bad luck before but not to such a ridiculous extent. Waste of troops. I have given up on using flags. The more I hit the more I drop in rankings. But it appears I'm not the only one struggling with FL. On average lvl70 fls I flipped have maybe 300 troops in it. I had a few under 100. Many players seem to have the same problem. Absolutely dismal fls.

It appears that the whole event has been adjusted down so we waste more tools to achieve anything.

And I'm sure gg will assure us nothing is wrong. Everything is wrong. Gg greed is destroying the game.
Issues are not fixed. New bugs are added and everything we like is taken away. 

I'm an addict like most of us. But cold turkey is starting to look like a real option. 

Comments

• HildegardHildegard Posts: 91
    I appreciate your approach and can understand your frustration.   Shape shifters is in its beginning phase and I agree needs some tweak's.  GG is however working on modifying it and it will evolve as they see what does and does not work.  
    For FL  it does take a ton of flipping    what I do, because I am OCD, lol is I spy all of them  and then flip all 10 at once.  If they are under 300 I use no flags.. 301 to 500 I will use 1% flags and 500 to 800 4% flags and 900 and up horse tails.   I flip around 8 times a day and usually end up well in rankings. I have several fl commanders.   I hope this helps.

the current bugs are not being consistent in trial so gg can not get to the root of the source but I assure you they will.
    I know it is frustrating and again I appreciate your effort. Please understand that GG does care, they are a huge company and have many departments. 
    Thank you for your well written letter and know you are heard.  :)

best regards
    Hildegard
  • GG, I too am about to walk and take my subscriptions with me. I'm Viper Victoria in Int 3, GOW family. I've been playing for 1 1/2 years.  I spend $20-$30 a month and play mostly NPC events.  I'm level 92 legendary. So what's my beef? Russians constantly making new low levels and alliances for 90/90 that I don't have.  A level 17 capped my best ops overnight,  after not being able to spy 4 times.   This is well developed op, upgraded bakery, level 6 granaries, upgraded stables, lots of decos. Big brother legendary knocked out 5000k def troops, red walls, ruby tools so low level could cap. There are now over 34k troops stationed there.  Where does a level 17 get 34k troops????  This shouldn't be possible. If this game can't be fair and fun to play,  I'm walking and taking my subscriptions with me. And I hate the shapeshifter event. I hope you are listening,  GG!! Thanks.
  • HildegardHildegard Posts: 91
    viper Victoria    I hear you and yeah that sounds shady.   they bought them right before they capped probably  unfortunately taking op is part of the game.  I sadly say this because I understand the level of frustration you are feeling. Is there any way you can join a large group that will help you take them back?  or find you some outpost that could be taken over  or move your castle to another more quiet part of the map?  again I am sorry 
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,220
    Sigh. I find myself complaining again but what has happened to loot?  Aqua loot has roughly halved and food loot in green has dropped by about 30%. Food loot in other worlds has also dropped sustantially. It's really frustrating. Has anyone else experienced the problem?

I hit maxed barons in all worlds with the same commanders. The difference is very noticeable. 
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,127

Two years later and it only got worse. When will this end?

• Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500

@Lagertha @CM_Crom Cruach

what happed to above mentioned adjustments and modifying of the shapeshifter event?

Did some kind of bug eat it?

Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • LagerthaLagertha Posts: 957
    I will ask this week about any plans for the ShapeShifter event.  Best I can do for now.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,220

@Lagertha that event is seriously the least of our problems. It was merely used to highlight the inability of GG to follow through on promises.

Sign In to comment.