Home General Discussions

Capping of bonuses

edited 27.11.2017 in General Discussions
Can I know how the capping of bonuses in equipments work?
Are the bonuses of gems capped?

Best Answer

Answers

• HildegardHildegard Posts: 91
    I believe they are capped  except for the ones on sets   like lotus etc.
  • SeleneSelene Posts: 1,561
    Equipment and gems are capped. Set bonuses and heroes go over. 
  • Hellfire (IN1)Hellfire (IN1) IN1 Posts: 35
    Selene said:
    SO,IF PLAYERS HAS 60 GP COMMANDER & HE USE HERO WITH BONUS OF 24% GP WHILE ATTACKING , THEN TOTAL GP WILL BE 60+24 =84% ???
  • sir Rubio (US1)sir Rubio (US1) US1 Posts: 685
    Gems don't cap , why would they gems are not equipment gems are like heroes .  If you have proof tested it please show .. please and ty 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/comment/277716#Comment_277716

This is the thread where it is confirmed that the caps were put in place specifically for gems. So gems are definitely capped. 
    edited 12.01.2018
    That's just for wall and flanks , that's not all gems 
    And why put a cap on flanks you need 6 waves with 120 troop each wave to break some of these cast out there .. so why put a cap ? I know why :) 
  • Diogo4ever (PT1)Diogo4ever (PT1) PT1 Posts: 165
    I,ve a question.
    the set has the follwing stats 
    25% glory 
    30% glory due to set commbination
    3 gems with 15% glory each.
    what is the correct glory bonus?
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    edited 21.01.2018
    70% equipment will cap set combinations will cap the glory on equipment.. gems enjoy :) 70% set up a dry attack to see what glory it gives you to verify what I wrote I could be wrong but I believe I'm right ...

i multiplied by 4 earlier instead of 3 oops I fixed it 
    Post edited by sir Rubio (US1) on
    edited 21.01.2018

Thanks. Do you know anything about de bónus that we get when using the same item of a set. for exemple using the same gem of kala in the 4 itens i get the bónus of using 4 different ones (gate, melee force and ranged force)
    Post edited by Diogo4ever (PT1) on
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    Selene said:
    If the set bónus has 90% ranged force bonus and we use the aura gem that gives 17% ranged force Will we go to 107% force?
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    edited 21.01.2018
    No I don't know for sure .. you can use other gems from other sets but you'll have test it or figure it out ... I know the mods have friends that have sheets with mixing gems around never known why they don't show players on forum that would be a huge help . Only gems that cap are flank gems for attacks and wall gems for defense no proof on anything else . No reason for it either gems are not the same as equipment 
    example how can loot gems cap equipment loot bonus ? Equipment loot bonus caps at 70% gem loot bonus says + 500 army loot capacity so how does that cap ? After this convo I'm sure they will try something.. 
    Post edited by sir Rubio (US1) on
    I’m trying to uderstand how the caps work and when we don’t Have cap. the first ggs commander has 90-% ranged force but not from the pieces but from the bónus set. and acording To @Selene in that case there is no cap. they work has two different bónus. But honnestly something doesn,t add up
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    edited 21.01.2018
    To my knowledge if you don't see a cap you are good it's not capped , for what ever reasons they capped the flank gem for commanders and wall gem for cast .. heroes are a separate bonus so are gems except for flank gem and wall gem are capped .. combination pieces  using the gems they will cap ur equipment.. 
    The bónus from the gems are different from the pieces. One thing is Resources plundered. Another thing is looting capacity. 
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    edited 21.01.2018
    Well if you refer back to the other post about the same thing you asking here they tried to say the loot gems cap the loot equipment lol
    if gems cap equipment then it will show.. gems that come from combinations equipment will cap equipment stats . So if ur wall is maxed at 120 % and you add two gems from a combination set that gives you extra 20% wall percentage it will show the extra 20% but it will also show you are capped at 120% 
    Selene said:
    If the set bonus has 90% ranged force bonus and we use the aura gem that gives 17% ranged force Will we go to 107% force?
    @Samwise_Gamgee

Is it possible to get an official answer regarding this question?

Diogo4ever @ GG 1
  • Samwise_GamgeeSamwise_Gamgee Moderator, Bugwatch Posts: 607
    Hey @Diogo4ever (PT1) ,

As far as I am told, Set effects go over the cap. So I would bet you are getting 107% with the gem and the set bonus.

Cheers,
    SG
    edited 22.01.2018
    the set is the first ggs commander and the gems are from the last one. can you get any confirmation on this, support told me to verify this issue in the forum

Diogo4ever @ GG 1
    the set is the first ggs commander and the gems are from the last one. can you get any confirmation on this, support told me to verify this issue in the forum

@Samwise_Gamgee

did you get confirmation? is important because de gems are very expensive
    Diogo4ever @ GG 1
  • Hey @Diogo4ever (PT1) ,

As far as I am told, Set effects go over the cap. So I would bet you are getting 107% with the gem and the set bonus.

Cheers,
    SG
    Why are you telling players that the set bonus go over caps? You and I established last year that this is not the case. 
    Are you instructed by GG to mislead the players into spending money on things that don't work?

@Samwise_Gamgee

did you get confirmation? is important because de gems are very expensive
    I'm afraid you won'y get any clear confirmation because the truth is nobody at GGS knows whats going on in terms of commander and castellan stats and their caps, its just a mess! I tried challenging this in June last year, eventually got swept under the carpet with no definitive answer or resolution and now I don't even get a response, waste of time :(
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/44524/please-can-we-have-some-clarity-on-equipment-gems-heroes-stats-bonuses-and-their-maximum-caps/p1

enter the Cosmo @ GG 1
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,648

It is a tad confusing however, Samwise starts his example with "What I can say, is that if you would take for example 50 fire damage" I presume that means the attacker has +50% fire damage(a possible amalgamation from equipment, gems, heroes and Hols) which would explain why his example leaves 50% fire damage.

@Samwise_Gamgee are all my presumptions here correct? Also is there a max to front, flank, cy and number of defenders on wall?
    Hey guys and gals , I hope you had a nice weekend!

@enter the Cosmo (GB1) I meant if you would originally get 50% damage on a single building(from whatever bonuses, it doesn't matter), with 100% reduction from Equipment, you will get half the Damage on that building. I would like to stress again that in our game the way the formula is written, there is no way to get no fires at all, or to minimize through equipment any effect to 0 or 0%. You might get such a reduction that the chance to get damaged is so low that most of the times you don't get fires, but that does not mean you will never get fires. For those with a bit of a mathematical flare, I'd suggest googling the percentage change formula ;)

I am told that the Gem effect rework was in the Royal Post with the Subscriptions update, but I have no way to check it at the moment. In the forum link you posted, sadly only the Subscriptions where announced, and not all the fixes, new features etc that came with that update. I am sorry this was not more clearly communicated! 

There is no maximum cap on Front, Flank, Courtyard and number of defenders on wall. In any case, I have found the full table of all the effects and each individual cap, but it's written in code, so I will try and beautify it but it will take some time to cross-reference all the differently-named bonuses that stack up together...

Furthermore, I stand corrected from our Balancers. Equipment Set effects ignore the maximum cap, so I was wrong earlier about that, sorry!

@Lezley (GB1) , thanks for all the feedback for the Equipment! Most of these are planned for the future already, but sadly have received less-than-top priority, because they are essentially high-risk, high-effort without introducing new content to the game. I'll relay your feedback and I'll try and push the equipment display rework for higher priority. It is far from ideal, that's for sure!
    And yes, as you mentioned, the fix is planned to be a display fix, not a function fix. So the gem effects are not planned to change, the cap display will be fixed.

Sorry if I missed some questions, I'll try and go over them all again soon.

Cheers,
    SG

Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,648
    edited 28.01.2018
    Hi @enter the Cosmo (GB1),

There's post above from that old thread. I have no idea which is true, but this does say set bonus goes over the cap. It's a long thread, and highly possible i missed a later more up to date comment.  @Samwise_Gamgee said community managers have more sway over feature updates, so @Alpinolo any update on when commander and castellan stats display rework update will be?

Until display correctly in game, who knows for definite (although if it wrong now, would we know if it was right if they change)? Personally I'd like to know how accurate spy reports and battle setup screens are?
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • Demorte (US2)Demorte (US2) US2 Posts: 346
    I just did a little test, set bonuses do not go over the cap.
    If set bonuses were not capped, then my commander should be getting 100% travel speed due to the 20% speed bonus from the set, but it has the same travel speed with or without the hero that gets the set to the speed bonus. 
  • Demorte (US2)Demorte (US2) US2 Posts: 346
    @Samwise_Gamgee Any word on this?
  • chr (SKN1)chr (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 354
    @Samwise_Gamgee my troops didnt get fewer losses even though i used a set effect which gives me 165% ranged power how?

Hey guys. @Samwise_Gamgee is currently on holiday so won’t be able to answer this. It was my understanding that set bonuses go over the caps but i will ask the QA department again regarding this. 
    Thx because that was my understandibg too when will update notes come? @Selene
Sign In to comment.