Altering prizes

Hello,

ive noticed that the odds for the wheel of affluence have changed, to reduce the number of good tools given out

and more critically,

to reduce the odds of receiving rubies in the lvl9 jackpot. 0.28% chance of 2m rubies, compared to the prior 1.11% chance of 1m rubies.

it doesn’t take a genius to see the % chance per ruby have effectively been halved

why this post? Well I wanted to voice my anger at the gerrymandering of odds as to make it less likely for more players to receive large numbers of rubies

I would also like to suggest that those with tickets prior to wheel changes are entitled to a full refund should they choose under EU and some international law due to the alteration of the product. If I have this wrong please point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Tacticus (INT4)Tacticus (INT4) Posts: 83INT4

Hello,

ive noticed that the odds for the wheel of affluence have changed, to reduce the number of good tools given out

and more critically,

to reduce the odds of receiving rubies in the lvl9 jackpot. 0.28% chance of 2m rubies, compared to the prior 1.11% chance of 1m rubies.

it doesn’t take a genius to see the % chance per ruby have effectively been halved

why this post? Well I wanted to voice my anger at the gerrymandering of odds as to make it less likely for more players to receive large numbers of rubies

I would also like to suggest that those with tickets prior to wheel changes are entitled to a full refund should they choose under EU and some international law due to the alteration of the product. If I have this wrong please point me in the right direction.

Yes please. Can’t change a rewards when you bought before hand
  • Radboud (NL1)Radboud (NL1) Posts: 20NL1

Hello,

and more critically,

Under law in most EU countries this Wheel of Affluence is illegal, as it is a online gambling game, which requires at least ID- and age verification.
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 662Community Manager
    Under law in most EU countries this Wheel of Affluence is illegal, as it is a online gambling game, which requires at least ID- and age verification.
    That is an incorrect assumption.
  • Radboud (NL1)Radboud (NL1) Posts: 20NL1
    edited 18.02.2020

I could try test my assumption by asking the Dutch “Kansspel Autoriteit” about it, but it would probably have the game banned and GGS paying a fine plus additional gambling taxes, so i d rather not prove myself to be right. The current Dutch law prohibits all online gambling games, but a new law is planned to enter into force in 2021, resembling the current Belgian law. This new law could allow online gambling games, having been granted a valid permit, implementing ID and age verification and having an effective company policy against gambling addiction. Until this new law is promulgated, current Dutch law prohibits all online gambling, even if  gambling is hidden in disguise of some online game feature.

Post edited by Radboud (NL1) on
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 922NL1
    edited 17.02.2020

Loot boxes (which is the general term in this context) are only illegal if they can be traded between players.

However, there is a serious concern about the effect of loot boxes on developing a game and/or gambling addiction.

Especially among the underaged kids that play the game.

See: https://kansspelautoriteit.nl/onderwerpen/a-z/loot-boxes/onderzoek/

• Tacticus (INT4)Tacticus (INT4) Posts: 83INT4
    Not too sure on this one boss. 
Sign In to comment.