Home Update Questions & Feedback

The Kings Shilling - Thoughts and Feedback

Comments

• Not sure what we expect from GG. The new system is for players over level 60, even more so it is geared towards players who have been playing long term. It needs some balancing for sure (reset purchases, similar value to past reward amount), but this was in response to many complaints that the old rewards system wasn't worth trying for.

Whether we are talking LTE or individual event, many players recieved little to no value from more than half of the rewards. For most who easily completed the LTE the cast or com was pointless, half the tools rewarded were not any good, time skips for many were empty rewards they didn't even get, material sacks had lost their value & the deco rewards were sub standard to what they all ready had or could buy with Khan medals.

The new system, especially if they tweak a couple things gives more control to the players. No longer do you have to max out an event to get the best rewards, so even if you play casually, you can still save up & buy what you want. If you need that old com or cast, it's there, need deco, it's there, need new build materials & so on.

I think we should be happy GG is giving us the control of what we get & instead focus our efforts on asking for them to balance old & new rewards better, change the monthly reset to weekly or by event.

Me personally, I would rather buy the new build materials than win some wooden ladders or another useless deco.

• Not sure what we expect from GG. The new system is for players over level 60, even more so it is geared towards players who have been playing long term. It needs some balancing for sure (reset purchases, similar value to past reward amount), but this was in response to many complaints that the old rewards system wasn't worth trying for.

Whether we are talking LTE or individual event, many players recieved little to no value from more than half of the rewards. For most who easily completed the LTE the cast or com was pointless, half the tools rewarded were not any good, time skips for many were empty rewards they didn't even get, material sacks had lost their value & the deco rewards were sub standard to what they all ready had or could buy with Khan medals.

The new system, especially if they tweak a couple things gives more control to the players. No longer do you have to max out an event to get the best rewards, so even if you play casually, you can still save up & buy what you want. If you need that old com or cast, it's there, need deco, it's there, need new build materials & so on.

I think we should be happy GG is giving us the control of what we get & instead focus our efforts on asking for them to balance old & new rewards better, change the monthly reset to weekly or by event.

Me personally, I would rather buy the new build materials than win some wooden ladders or another useless deco.

I don't disagree on the context and overall arguments you are making for the most part. Thankfully, they are placing some control in the hands of players themselves for what rewards they get. Although I disagree on the bit that effectively states that we should be happy that we get any further control even if it gimps us in the long run. If GG gets the silver shop right, this system could be the perfect balance for both GG and the players in my opinion. I don't think anyone is unhappy that GG is giving us more control over the rewards, just that the limits set are too low. Just my thoughts on the matter.
  • jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213

Really hurts with berimond. Lack of berimond tools since only one purchase per month. And top rewards aren't great compared to the other events

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,296

Really hurts with berimond. Lack of berimond tools since only one purchase per month. And top rewards aren't great compared to the other events

Agree RE Top X rewards for Berimond. These really need to be reviewed.
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 767
    Thanks again for your efforts in testing and getting this feedback to me. I've forwarded it again to the team this morning and they are going to see what they can take on board from this!
    Thanks again for your efforts in testing and getting this feedback to me. I've forwarded it again to the team this morning and they are going to see what they can take on board from this!
    The previous change to LTPE rewards significantly reduced the total number of rewards, including the removal of VIP time and crafting materials. This change appears to massively reduce time skip rewards. What's next? 
  • Hello Everyone, I like the picking and choosing event rewards and with that not feeling the pressure to get 100,000 nomad points to get my last needed reward. my largest compliant currently is the limit on time skips and vip points. I am currently level 9 VIP time and will now have to wait 23 rounds before I can get to level 10. Other issue is I usually would buy rubies once every month or two and then use my time skips down till I could get the event awards. Now I would have to buy rubies almost every event if the time skips are not increased. That is a deal breaker for me.

Good improvements GG, hopefully you can make some adjustments to make it even better!

Adjustments to this are being considered at the moment and I've forwarded all the feedback so far. Please keep it coming though.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,621

Reset stores every event and youll of addressed damn near every single issue

If they  can combine with a rolling pack cap, so if you don't buy packs during an event, it gets added to your cap for next event, would be even better. 
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
    GGS still needs to deliver on your assurance of "same amount of rewards for same level of effort".  That is looking more and more like outright deception. 

Reset stores every event and youll of addressed damn near every single issue

I've brought this idea forward to the team, they seemed to like it. Current caps would have to be reduced slightly I think to reflect that more is available over the long term?

• HYDROgoose (AU1)HYDROgoose (AU1) AU1 Posts: 147

A slight reduction would be fine anywhere from 10-25% and it would still do wonders. Anything more than that and it gets shakey

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
    Well its all with the team now and they are actively looking at what tweaks can be made. I'll push to have what was mentioned here implemented in some form or other.
  • zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416
    edited 17.09.2019

I am fine if it maches what was given before, plus an extra to make up for the equipment sets. Skips need to be raised way up though. The current cap for one whole month of skips is not even half of ONE single event previously.

Well I don't know if that was a deliberate change to time skips. I'll bring it up with the team again.
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,173

Do u honestly think that any reductions are accidental?

I would say punitive limits to everything we want and generous limits for items we don't care about are to be expected.

Of course u can buy rams in one ltpe to last u for 6 months. On top of the 10k u already have.

But 3% flags are limited to effectively just one hit per ltpe.

Are we really surprised? Why would they give us sufficient time skips? We actually use those....

• bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,212

Do u honestly think that any reductions are accidental?

I would say punitive limits to everything we want and generous limits for items we don't care about are to be expected.

Of course u can buy rams in one ltpe to last u for 6 months. On top of the 10k u already have.

But 3% flags are limited to effectively just one hit per ltpe.

Are we really surprised? Why would they give us sufficient time skips? We actually use those....

I fully agree with your comments here!

beside the consumption of coins have gone up drastically and coins rewards were reduced!
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • There are many positive points about the LTPE test being run on US1 currently. Buying items when you want & need them is huge IMO, but there are some glaring issues!

The rewards over the same period of time are less than what you could have won from the same events worth of work. Just looking at troops you can buy Vs what you wpuld have won there is a noticeable difference.

The lack of any way to convert gold coins to silver, considering many players do not need or want the equipment offered (yes, it should still be offered for those who do). This creates the same issue many of us have with shape shifter tokens & older building materials, we now have plenty of it & nothing worthwhile to spend it on. Some system needs to be put into place for players to trade in old items, materials, equipment & so forth.

• Another issue, the change in alliance score needed for nomads. The previous score needed was 2.2 million for the top decoration & lvl 7 food build item. That has now changed to 80.3 million for the same decoration & food item that many players sell. It also coincidentally is the same number of required GLORY for FL & BC. At first we all thought it was a mistake & would be corrected, but after talking to support this is not the case.

Support states that is the new requirement & balancing of the event.

So the new required score is 10 times higher than what the average top 10 spots earned last nomad event...

• Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 30.09.2019

That has now changed to 80.3 million for the

That is a sick alliance score for nomads. Those players must be insane after the event. Hitting non stop 4 camps or the khan ower for x hours. Every 3 mins an impact.

If I should do this they could put me in a madhouse 😁😀
    Post edited by Jenne (NL1) on
    Don't forget to rate and this game in the app store and social media. BGS read player reviews on the stores! Implement this in the updates.

BGS = Bug Game Studios

• LagerthaLagertha Moderator Posts: 972

Another issue, the change in alliance score needed for nomads. The previous score needed was 2.2 million for the top decoration & lvl 7 food build item. That has now changed to 80.3 million for the same decoration & food item that many players sell. It also coincidentally is the same number of required GLORY for FL & BC. At first we all thought it was a mistake & would be corrected, but after talking to support this is not the case.

Support states that is the new requirement & balancing of the event.

So the new required score is 10 times higher than what the average top 10 spots earned last nomad event...

The new 80m threshold is something I brought up last nomads and a few moderators have already discussed with GGE.  While I have nothing firm to share back, I did provide actual pictures from the last nomads to aid in painting the picture from US1.  All we can do now is remain hopeful our message will be reviewed before releasing to other servers. 

It was stated that 80m is obtainable by an alliance of 65 active members.  While I agree it is an obtainable alliance goal it is not realistic to the game as it is today for any server/alliance in my opinion.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    Will this new system be rolled out to other servers next LTPE?
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,093

Good, because it seems we have to pay a high price for getting the flexibility in the rewards we can choose.

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,621
    In the apprentice coin maker it would be good if vip tools were available for a cheaper price as well as the elite ones.  I'm thinking particularly cast iron mantlets, as i don't need the more expensive shield walls for every attack particularly event ones.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
    In the apprentice coin maker it would be good if vip tools were available for a cheaper price as well as the elite ones.  I'm thinking particularly cast iron mantlets, as i don't need the more expensive shield walls for every attack particularly event ones.
    Agree Lezley. 
  • zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416
    edited 29.09.2019

Yeah, no. Iron mantlets are slowers and relics don't boost their speed. Unless they still sold the same current amount of shield walls, and the iron mantlets were an extra addition, the current system is leagues better. And you know if they added iron mantlets, they would just decrease shield walls to give an equal amount of ranged tools over all.

Yeah, no. Iron mantlets are slowers and relics don't boost their speed. Unless they still sold the same current amount of shield walls, and the iron mantlets were an extra addition, the current system is leagues better. And you know if they added iron mantlets, they would just decrease shield walls to give an equal amount of ranged tools over all.

Hopefully they could offer same amount of shield walls and add iron mantlets.  We are still constrained by the number of coins we earn.
    Iron mantlets are slower, yes. But that's ok for Nomads and Samurai. So if they are cheaper than shield walls (and they should be cheaper), they'd be attractive for some players. 
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,173

This thing scares me. Whilst we all appreciate choice it seems clear that it's going to be another opportunity for GG to short-change us.

This discussion has been closed.