Home Update Questions & Feedback

The Kings Shilling - Thoughts and Feedback

CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 767
Please let us know what you think of the change to our event rewards here! Also if you have any questions please ask them here too.

The following events will be changed for player of level 60+: 
  • Foreign Invaders
  • Bloodcrows
  • Nomads
  • Samurai
  • Berimond
  • LTPE
Post edited by CM_Crom Cruach on

Comments

• When does the test start?  Nomads are offering usual awards
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,079

Without seeing the event (I'm not playing on US1) I already know that this (yet again not needed nor wanted new) currency will devaluate the prices that can be won in these events.

We have seen it when the rewards for the samurai, BC and FL were changed. We have seen it recently with the change in LTPE rewards. So there is not a shred of trust this change will be beneficial for the players.

LTPE has become a boring, brainless repetitive event. That looks like the future as well for the other events

It seems GGS is lacking any kind of creativity. No wonder they do not want to share the roadmap anymore with the players because they would run away if they knew what was coming.

• HYDROgoose (AU1)HYDROgoose (AU1) AU1 Posts: 147

Picking what you want in general is good obviously but now when you use it as a chance to skim us on rewards so i hope to god thats no what you're gonna do

HYDROgoose @ GG 1
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,617
    Changes to ltpe ruined ltpe for many players and greatly reduced rewards.  If this is similar and doesn't address issues caused by ltpe changes, it could finish off game.  Do we all get chance to try and give feedback at a later date, or did you pick server with least amount of forum posters to test on?
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • mirder (GB1)mirder (GB1) GB1 Posts: 26

Bring back the rewards please! Don’t want any more currencies!

mirder @ GG 1
  • CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 767
    When does the test start?  Nomads are offering usual awards
    With the next update, it says that in the text.

Without seeing the event (I'm not playing on US1) I already know that this (yet again not needed nor wanted new) currency will devaluate the prices that can be won in these events.

Please don't judge before seeing the changes.

Picking what you want in general is good obviously but now when you use it as a chance to skim us on rewards so i hope to god thats no what you're gonna do

I have been assured that this is not the case.
     Do we all get chance to try and give feedback at a later date, or did you pick server with least amount of forum posters to test on?
    I choose here as it enables me to have a conversation with you about the changes and get the feedback more efficiently fed to the team.

Bring back the rewards please! Don’t want any more currencies!

They haven't gone anywhere yet. This is just a forewarning so that you are all prepared.

Can we have a list of where rewards are being removed from and replaced with new currency.  All events... Nomads, foreign lords, samurai, bloodcrow, berimond, alliance rewards too?, Nomad tablets not event rewards so stay? Same for samurai tokens? Kingdoms league rewards? Nobility not an event.  Outers? 
    edited 28.08.2019
    Can we have a list of where rewards are being removed from and replaced with new currency.  All events... Nomads, foreign lords, samurai, bloodcrow, berimond, alliance rewards too?, Nomad tablets not event rewards so stay? Same for samurai tokens? Kingdoms league rewards? Nobility not an event.  Outers? 
    Tablets and Tokens will remain in the game as will the tents where you can spend them. All other rewards will be removed and replaced with Gold and Silver coins. These can be used in the 'gold coin' tent, I'm not sure of the name sorry. In that tent, which for the duration of the test replaces the Apprentice Blacksmith, you will be able to spend the coins accrued for the usual event rewards. There will be caps on the amount of most of the things you can buy. This will be a little higher than what you could have earned in most cases. Please give us feedback on the caps you think are okay and those that could be adjusted just don't expect them to be lifted totally. That would ruin the in-game economy and probably have a lot of unforeseen results.

The very highest level in the events will have some Relic Items available as well as currency, just be aware of that if you see it in the reward tiers.

The following events will be changed: 
    • Foreign Invaders
    • Bloodcrows
    • Nomads
    • Samurai
    • Berimond
    • LTPE
    Is this for all levels of players?
    edited 28.08.2019
    Now that is a good question... let me check

It's level 60+
    Post edited by CM_Crom Cruach on
  • Feedback?

FIX RELIC FLANK LIMIT ISSUES AND SUCH FIRST!

For those still playing the game, continuing to make change, after change, after change, without first fixing the issues already in the game, is just a slap in the face.

These reward changes are something people keep asking GG not to do, and yet, they decide to change them all, now?

While the feedback is being taken SO seriously, I think we need warrior llamas in the game! Nobody likes getting spit on, they would be UNSTOPPABLE, in battle!

So LTPE will be changed as well? Does that mean the current Apprentice coins are to be replaced by gold coins? If so, what will be the exchange rate?

More currencies make the game complicated. It would be better to have only 1 currency left and that is the universal ruby.

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416

Meh. I know gg has been less than trustworthy with updates. And i have no doubt this will reduce the overall number of rewards, but event rewards are bad anyway. The sets are absolutely useless. WHY would i want event specific sets and over?

So I'll welcome the change if it means i can get a different thing instead of those sets and still get a similar number of consumable.

FIX RELIC FLANK LIMIT ISSUES AND SUCH FIRST!

It is being worked on.

So LTPE will be changed as well? Does that mean the current Apprentice coins are to be replaced by gold coins? If so, what will be the exchange rate?

More currencies make the game complicated. It would be better to have only 1 currency left and that is the universal ruby.

It's all in the announcement, 1:1 for apprentice tokens and gold coins. This is being done to achieve just that, a single currency.

So I'll welcome the change if it means i can get a different thing instead of those sets and still get a similar number of consumable.

Then you will enjoy this change.
  • jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213

Only positive is rewards will get updated. Is nice to choose what u want. But just like LTE there will.be no progression. Makes it extremely boring and no real goal to aim for. Don't get why developers are so focused on making the game more confusing. Put focus into fixing what needs to be fixed. Give us what was told we would get in roadmaps. Stop running people off and not introducing new players into servers.

@jagerboom (US2) More gold means more rewards? That's progression albeit of a different kind.

But it takes out an addiction factor. Example. Let's say fl is here. I'm at 3 million. Okay I need another million for the second equipment piece. 5 hits later. Not enough so I hit again and reach it. New system. Another million I get 300 gold pieces. What can I buy? Nothing. There's no incentive to reach the next step.

Well I just don't know, its replacing a direct reward with an indirect reward so there is some validity in what you are saying I think. I am not a game designer though so I can't really judge what works best.

And right now I have enough lte points to go through old lte twice. I've spent the tokens on troops and tools. I only have 6500 left including about 2k I carried over. There is not a equal payout. Giving us less to work with and making it harder to build. Luckily some of us been playing for years so our accounts are built. Any newer players in legendary levels are left with scraps to build with.

• "It is being worked on" isn't sufficient, when it has been what, like 3 months since the issue was reported?

The issue should be a fairly straight-forward one to address. Caps are being applied in the incorrect order, lumping NPC/castle lord, and regular flank limits together, before checking for the presence of the NPC or castle lord stat, and applying that 20% cap to the SUM, rather than the individual components.

It is properly capping straight flank limit stats, so that is enough information for them to go off of to track down the few possible pieces of code that are causing the issue, fairly quickly. Then again, GG has shown they are not very effective, when it comes to testing for bugs.

And to make matters worse, they CONTINUE to push relic pieces on the players, despite one of the MOST CRITICAL stats that commanders can have, being fatally flawed!

edited 28.08.2019
    Well I just don't know, its replacing a direct reward with an indirect reward so there is some validity in what you are saying I think. I am not a game designer though so I can't really judge what works best.
    Indirect rewards make game less addictive, so depending on your point of view that is either a good or a bad thing. 

I miss the specific rewards point in ltpe, pushing to get the full set, pushing to get the decoration.  For players not scoring extremely highly in other events there wasn't many markers to aim for beyond the decorations in glory events, the equipment sets are unachievable for many.

I am currently feeling the lack of troop and tool rewards in ltpe, took a few months for it to really bite.  If new vendor isn't right game could be in trouble I think. Less addictive, so easier to quit too. Would be helpful if unlike coin apprentice new vendor was divided into categories to click on first then showing items within to help us find troops, tools, decorations.  I'm hoping for lots more categories of course 😉.
  • Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500
    To be honest, i do like the apprentice blacksmith... so having a shop like this with a single currency does sound good.

What i dislike about the apprentice blacksmith... is that I (i know, ME: but this is my opinion :) )... purchase the enitire shop except for deco's and comms on day1... and i can get nothing for the rest of the month...
    Veni vidi Verduveltje

The concept is good that you can pick and choose your own rewards but the price you have to pay is high. You cannot buy all rewards of the old LTPE with the same effort in the current LTPE. You cannot even buy a single commander, which was possible in the old LTPE.

So you get less and you pay more. And it is my concern the same will happen with the new gold coin rewards.

• zeverso (US1)zeverso (US1) US1 Posts: 416

The thing i don't quite understand is if it will be a new merchant that uses those coins inside the respective event tents, or will it be the same apprentice blacksmith but now ltpe is not the only source for his currency? And if it is the same vendor then i assume this means its inventory will be expanded no?

edited 29.08.2019
    "It is being worked on" isn't sufficient, when it has been what, like 3 months since the issue was reported?
    It's just the nature of the development cycle. Once something gets reported it gets prioritised and slotted into the cycle sometimes this can be easily accomplished and sometimes it has to wait until other features are completed. Right now it is being worked on actively.

I am currently feeling the lack of troop and tool rewards in ltpe, took a few months for it to really bite.  If new vendor isn't right game could be in trouble I think. 
    I only got a cursory preview of the vendor but it looks good to me though more expert players than I might have a different opinion. 

What i dislike about the apprentice blacksmith... is that I (i know, ME: but this is my opinion :) )... purchase the enitire shop except for deco's and comms on day1... and i can get nothing for the rest of the month...
    I think they've noticed that and have included some more expensive items in the shop and removed caps on some. Again I haven't seen the full workings of this.

So you get less and you pay more. And it is my concern the same will happen with the new gold coin rewards.

That is not how it has been presented to me. It has been said that once you get past the first two steps there is a big jump in what you can afford in comparison to what you would have won.

The thing i don't quite understand is if it will be a new merchant that uses those coins inside the respective event tents, or will it be the same apprentice blacksmith but now ltpe is not the only source for his currency? And if it is the same vendor then i assume this means its inventory will be expanded no?

It is a new vendor with an expanded inventory
  • Widar (NL1)Widar (NL1) NL1 Posts: 380
    Just my 2 cents, even though I am screwing myself over by posting this. 

I play events for the rewards. In the meanwhile I get some useless stuff, which I never use or don't really want. About 30% of rewards are actually usefull. If I can cherrypick those, I have to work only 30% as hard as I normally do. Even though I like this personally, it will have a negative influence on player activity I'm afraid.
    Whatever it takes.
    @Widar (NL1) hence why this is being tested soon.
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,212
    Hello Crom,

here is my 2cents 

1)The Equipments set needs to be replaced with Relic Sets
    2)The coins to be only 2 types, (a) Regular coins or Gold coins that we get from RBC, Nomads, Khans, Berimond as part of loot.
    (b)The Apprentice Coins
    (3)The Nomad and Khan Tokens to remain and continued 
    (4)The The Shards to be offered from more options beside Relics Equipments Sale
    (5)The all current old rewards coming from missions, like troops , tools, to be replaced by Apprentice coins
    (6)Most of other generic rewards to be replaced by Apprentice coins, Shards, Relic Equipments, Relic built and Relic upgrade tokens
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,271
    Ahh, so is this why the Apprentice Blacksmith has been mis-labelled the Apprentice Coin Maker all this time and never fixed?

Crom, you said for the LTPE change we would get the same rewards for the same level of effort. Well we aren't. So don't be surprised when we fear this new change will again reduce the rewards we get.  

What is this new gold piece replacing exactly? Not tablets, not medals, not tokens. Not coin and rubies. Not Insignia and Charms. What about construction and upgrade tokens? Is it replacing them? It isn't replacing any existing currency at all, is it?  So it isn't "a less byzantine system" as far as I can tell. 
  • Bikerbud (INT3)Bikerbud (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2

If you run Foreign Lord and Bloodcrow back to back then I will be taking a longer break before the next event. I stay on the bird do to Bullies in are Server.

This discussion has been closed.