Urgent plea to redistribute new players.

Dear GGS,

As you, and quite a lot of players, know, a while ago you have decided to not place new players on their national servers, but to funnel everyone into int4. This means exactly what it sounds like. When a new player starts playing, they will have to abandon their starting castle to move over to the national server. Once they discover there is a national server, they mostly don't want to move anymore. This has resulted in the sad fact that there is now an influx of 0 new players on NL1.

The foreign lords event that started yesterday had 27(!) sub lvl 70 players with a FL score after a day. Multiple of these 27 are beyond a doubt and well known 2nd accounts. What is left is about 15 that are "new" or restarting players. 15, on the entire server.

Lvl 70 players are quitting, thats what people do sometimes, but there are never any new players. We are bleeding out.

Therefore I urge you to either reconsider the default int4 server, or offer players the option of transferral to those servers. Im not going to start over, but Im not going to keep spending money on a server that is being suffocated by GGS. This is no lack of interest of new players, this is mallicious intent by GGS

Widar

Why local servers are dying.

Current policy is to direct most traffic to INT4. (...) This will remain the policy for the foreseeable future

Regional servers are bleeding to death.
GGS knows this, GGS planned this.

Comments

• WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 726NL1

And GGS, If it was done intentially please have the courtesy to say so, so we can, as we say in Dutch "onze knopen gaan tellen" regarding the future of this game.

• Merge servers... thats the way to go i guess... 

How? i wouldn't know... Main castle location on green, and the outpost distances to main castle is the problem i guess... 
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 559AU1
    edited 26.08.2019

This problem has been identified a while ago. It has been raised over and over for the past 3 months. GG has consistently ignored it. They're killing regional servers. Cm's are aware and have raised it but we have had ZERO feedback as to how much longer the current policy will continue or any feedback at all on the issue.

The silence is deafening and disturbing.

• I have been tracking US2 population through the might ranking lists since the beginning of June.
    As of this morning it appears our total number of accounts of all levels is down over 8% .
  • Widar (NL1)Widar (NL1) Posts: 370NL1
    @CM Cellardoor @CM Evoke @CM_Crom Cruach @CM_Wylka @CM_Nazhandiel @CM_Katsuo @CM_Keledar @CM Margo @CM iSac @CM Popeye @Hadrian @Black Rose @Lagertha @Alpinolo

Are there any plans for the national servers, or are we really left to die? 
    There are no new players anymore. This is not a bug, this is the end of our servers.

Current policy is to direct most traffic to INT4. (...) This will remain the policy for the foreseeable future

• Per L (SKN1)Per L (SKN1) Posts: 44SKN1

Quite odd situation... Its not only the lack of new players that kills the regional servers. The uncertainity about wether the old servers are left to die or not is a killer too.

It seems like int3 for pc/web version is a mirror to int4 for mobile. Started as a pvp only server little earlier than int4 and got events in july, when big enough for it.

Do anyone know if new players are directed to the regional servers for pc again?

That could be a sign for what gg have in mind maybe? Maybe its only about starting up a new event-server fast, and then go back to as it was before, with new players sent to the regional servers again?

• HadrianHadrian Posts: 437Moderator

As far as getting new players I recommend you post in the Alliance page of Forum to draw players together. They would have to start a new account , but if they do it early enough they can switch to your server depending on their language.

The ( old servers ) as you call them are the main ones. They are not meant to be left to die or left period.

• MrChaos (SKN1)MrChaos (SKN1) Posts: 138SKN1
    edited 27.08.2019
    Hadrian said:

As far as getting new players I recommend you post in the Alliance page of Forum to draw players together. They would have to start a new account , but if they do it early enough they can switch to your server depending on their language.

Only a fraction of the players read the forums, and most don't want to start all over, when they finally discover that if they want to play with some from the same region they have to abandon months of progression, just because they where put in INT4 from the beginning
    Post edited by Black Rose on
  • WillyWiz (NL1)WillyWiz (NL1) Posts: 726NL1

Well, if that is the case, why are they bleeding to death now because GGS decided to put all potential new players on INT4? They will die if this continues period.

Hadrian said:
    Are you kidding me? Players don't look on this forum, and new players look even less than GGS employees (SPOILER: GGS employees only look when you tag them). You know visitor numbers of these forums are visible to the public do you? There is a small ammount of addicts who check the forums, but overall nobody looks, because there is zero feedback or communication with GGS*. The forums are a joke, and your response proves this.

The problem is not that my alliance has difficulties recruiting players, we are the biggest on NL1, and will probably be the last to die. The problem is that there are NO NEW PLAYERS ON THE SERVERS. I even showed the numbers.

TWENTY SEVEN

sub lvl 70 players

Let me repeat

TWENTY SEVEN

And you think this is a joke? The servers are dying because of the GGS policies. There are less than 25 alliances left that are not filled with doubles. There are less than 5 alliances left that are not a total joke. There are - Let met repeat it again- 27 sub lvl players who managed to hit a FL on day one of the event. What future do you think the servers have? How do alliances replenish numbers when there are people quitting, but no new players joining? Do you think that one player you might reach through the forum will save the server?

Do you really not understand the problem? You say the servers are not left to die, then please enlighten me of the plans GGS has to bring new players to the servers? Yeah, I know, there are no plans. GGS is letting us die. They don't care about us, they will only focus now on the new server.

And all the while, Hadrian is laughing in our faces while he manages to tell us everything is allright.

To quote the 'great' dutch statesman Colijn, right before all hell broke loose

"Gaat u maar rustig slapen"

"Go and sleep easily"

Now please go and produce something that is actually an answer instead of this bundle of insults you throw at us, and go do it swiftly.

*inb4 'I DO REPLY ONCE A MONTH BLABLA'

Maybe one of these guys and gals will actually try and answer this instead of insulting players

• Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) Posts: 393NL1
    edited 30.08.2019
    If they would read this forum they quit asap. 😁😂😁

Its weird that some players on our server get more glory by them self then alliance nr 6.
    Those players counts for 50.

We all ***** about new blood but we keep spending high amounts of money? Why? Because everything very cheap with the special offers and the high prime?
    Soon we have alot of pixel money and many robs and rob cast/coms but none left to play.
    Spending money on BGS is like throwing it in a black hole.
    Post edited by Hadrian on

Don't forget to rate and comment this game in the play/app store and social media.

If they would read this forum they quit asap. 😁😂😁

Its weird that some players on our server get more glory by them self then alliance nr 6.
    Those players counts for 50.

We all bitch about new blood but we keep spending high amounts of money? Why? Because everything very cheap with the special offers and the high prime?
    Soon we have alot of pixel money and many robs and rob cast/coms but none left to play.
    Spending money on BGS is like throwing it in a black hole.
    Don't fill this thread with other content than the absolute lack of new players please.

• CM_Crom CruachCM_Crom Cruach Posts: 448Community Manager
    Don't fill this thread with other content than the absolute lack of new players please.
    That's a nice oxymoron. However onto the matter at hand: 
    Current policy is to direct most traffic to INT4. I don't know the reason for this as it was a policy from before my arrival here. This will remain the policy for the foreseeable future and while it might change at some point currently I don't see that coming. As for the neglect of smaller or regional servers, these still get traffic albeit less. This in some cases leads to a reduction of players on the server. We are aware of that and if we deem action needs to be taken we will do.

Now as to what I can do on your behalf is raise the concerns of the players with the decision makers here so that they are aware of the concerns and will factor them into any decisions that may be taken in the future. There is no more that anyone on this forum can do.

@Widar (NL1) could you reduce the font size on your signature a little as by this stage the message has been received.
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,404GB1
    edited 28.08.2019
    Most traffic to int4? Isn't it all traffic to int4? Only players that don't go to int4 are ones who have played before and know it is a multi server game.

When a brand new player starts they don't know there are multiple servers and don't know it's important.  By the time they realise it is too late, mostly they stay where they are or just quit and play something else.  Occasionally one will jump to different server.
    To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years.
    To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.

• @CM_Crom Cruach

First of all... Why do you refer to "smaller or regional servers" while @Hadrian calls them main servers?.

"As for the neglect of smaller or regional servers, these still get traffic albeit less. "

Yes, this is correct and the exact problem. There are players playing on the server... albeit less.

I really wonder how GGE measures the activity on the servers. PLEASE concider the following:

Force every player to create a new password.

this will greatly improve your measurements on active players and would get rid of lots of the accounts given away by players that have left the game.

Veni vidi Verduveltje
    edited 29.08.2019
    Ah yes, as I said. We are left to die. GGS does not give a single Kumquat about the death of servers.

Well then tell me, what are the plans to move accounts or merge servers?

@Widar (NL1) could you reduce the font size on your signature a little as by this stage the message has been received.
    Sure, even though you just told me 'you can go and **** yourself, we don't care about your server', I am a decent man.
    Post edited by CM_Crom Cruach on

• vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 559AU1

@Hadrian your suggestion to save regional servers via advertising on forums is laughable. It's absurd but we actually have tried to recruit, especially those ppl complaining about no events on int4

The message is simple. They are too invested too start over.

99% of active lower levels are 'family members' of existing players or returning players who's original accounts are gone or too dated.

@Hadrian and @CM_Crom Cruach I'm tired of hearing how valued players and their opinions are. And that maybe action will be taken if deemed necessary.

We are telling u it's necessary and urgent.

Just because you brought it up before doesn't mean much as three months later we're getting the same fob off answers. We have not had a decent response from GG. 'Please be patient your call will be answered' isn't good enough. We have held the line for three months.

And the 'maybe if deemed necessary' is not an answer but an insult. It was urgent three months ago. It was necessary 3 months ago. GG don't even care enough to give us a proper explanation.

And as you strangle us slowly we put in one last effort here to save our servers. It won't be long before we give up as we have zero credible reassurance that things will change.

Then the forums will go quiet, complaints will be reduced as we quit. But GG can tell themselves that there are no complaints because everyone is happy.

@CM_Crom Cruach

First of all... Why do you refer to "smaller or regional servers" while @Hadrian calls them main servers?.

As thats what they were referred to above. There are no main servers. If it is anything other than International then its a regional server as its language/country specific. Small shouldn't have been used. These are my terms by the way and all servers in my eyes are created equally.

Absolutely out of the question!

Yes, this is correct and the exact problem. There are players playing on the server... albeit less.

The difficulties have been noted and I will bring them up as I have said before. I really am not that familiar with how the direction of traffic works for E4K so I'll have to do a little bit of research first. I also can't promise that things will change. 
    Sure, even though you just told me 'you can go and **** yourself, we don't care about your server', I am a decent man.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I also didn't say that and if it came across like that I am sorry. That would never be my intention to do here. I am here to work for the players and I would do anything to ensure that your voice is represented internally. 

We are telling u it's necessary and urgent.

I know that is how the people replying here feel. I don't have a switch I can flick to solve the problem. I have to work within the restraints of the role to effect change. That is what I am trying to do on a daily basis. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • Force every player to create a new password.

Absolutely out of the question!

Just wondering.... why is that absolutely out o the question? does gge recognise the problem for which this is my proposed solution:

accounts being kept alive / used for bread / defense --> in fact: against the terms and conditions usage of multiple accounts by the same player on a single server?
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
    edited 29.08.2019

First of all Widar Moderators and CM's are on here every day looking at the feedback. And yes they do look at every thread. The feedback is then taken to the board for discussion. Blahblahblah as you say , but if you want a response I suggest you tone it down a bit. Its comments like that , that make people want to skip your comment or read as you say. Second of all your right. New players are needed on the( Main/Each Countries Servers) and that is being relayed to the people it needs to be relayed to. Don't take it out on the CM's or the Moderator's since their the ones that have to relay it. They don't get to make the main decisions, but play a big part as the feedback of the community is given. Third ,over 70,000 players come to Forum to discuss and give feedback to us. So they do use it or at least look for the topic they need.

The main issue here is getting new players and we agree with you. I can't make any promises of when things will change or if it will stay indefinite, but rest assured we want the servers to get the players they need. This is an issue that has been pressed and we see that's what the players want. That's why we are doing are jobs and giving the feedback daily.

Hadrian said:

First of all Widar Moderators and CM's are on here every day looking at the feedback. And yes they do look at every thread. The feedback is then taken to the board for discussion

Cool, that explains all these important threads that never see a reply until someone is tagged in it. You really changed my pov here mate!

Hadrian said:
    Blahblahblah as you say , but if you want a response I suggest you tone it down a bit. Its comments like that , that make people want to skip your comment or read as you say.
    Yes, ye olde tone of voice argument. Ofcourse it is better to attack me for my tone of voice than to look at your own reply, consider if you might have addressed this issue another way. 

Ofcourse, I understand it is nicer to have a nice post which clearly states the problem, provides some statistics, and kindly asks for a resolve. For such a post, I would like to refer you to the OP, you know, before your insulting replies. I really would love a normal interaction with you, or anyone at GGS, it's not like I love to be mean to you. But please re-read your replies, and tell me if you see them fit for a thread like this? Do you not understand how this causes a lot of frustration? 

Hadrian said:
     Second of all your right. New players are needed on the( Main/Each Countries Servers) and that is being relayed to the people it needs to be relayed to. Don't take it out on the CM's or the Moderator's since their the ones that have to relay it. They don't get to make the main decisions, but play a big part as the feedback of the community is given.
    This is the answer that I would have appreciated in the first place. Not 'Go and recruit on the forums and fix our problems for us, while we enjoy your suffering'. I understand you dont make the decisions, I understand you can not change it overnight. I want GGS to change it overnight, sure, but I understand that all you can do is relay it, and apply pressure. 
    Hadrian said:
    Third ,over 70,000 players come to Forum to discuss and give feedback to us. So they do use it or at least look for the topic they need.

Over the years maybe, but if you believe this to be regular, or even only once a year, they have lied to you. I understand you don´t want to sell your job short though, so I assume we can at least agree that the recruitement page is at the least ineffective and not a solution for this situation.
    Hadrian said:

The main issue here is getting new players and we agree with you. I can't make any promises of when things will change or if it will stay indefinite, but rest assured we want the servers to get the players they need.

This is an issue that has been pressed and we see that's what the players want. That's why we are doing are jobs and giving the feedback daily.

Well, thank you for doing your job then. Maybe try and leave out the insults next time and tell us this. That would have saved us all a lot of time and frustration. 

Kusjes, 
    Widar

@Widar (NL1) tagging me into a thread shows me that you want a direct answer and then I tend to provide one. I also like to give space to forum users to discuss among themselves without me answering or diverting the topic. I read all of the threads in the general discussion section. Some days I am a little preoccupied so it would be unfair to say I do it everyday. I would say four days of the five I do. On weekends I only look if I am tagged and only then if I think there might be problems. It is the weekend after all.

As for tone of voice you can scream and shout as much as you want as long as there is no rude language. I listen to everyone but will admit that it is often easier to understand arguments that are presented in a calm and thoughtful manner. Please call me out if you think I am rude, demeaning or insulting. It would never be my intention to be such. Though I do like a joke every now and then to lighten the mood it would not be made at anyone's expense.

Hadrian applies pressure believe me....

Yeah, I understood from his latest post that he does care. That's reassuring to know. But let's not let my tone of voice take over this thread. Let's focus on the problem at hand. 

How to give me more enemies. 

At least in real life that is not a problem i have ever had to face.
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 736INT4

Absolutely out of the question!.

Why?  
    (Though I know you don't need to do this to get a clear picture of how much the number of active players has fallen.) 

• Conkey (INT3)Conkey (INT3) Posts: 3INT3

Regardless of the tone of words used by a player who is bringing an issue to the attention of the moderators, as the face of GGS on this forum, you are responsible to be professional and provide a certain level of customer service. Players are rightfully frustrated at the lack of response or actions taken by GGS in a timely manner.  Logging in to read the unpleasantly condescending replies by moderators to legitimate player concerns is rather insulting.

• WAYETEARP (INT2)WAYETEARP (INT2) Posts: 133INT2
    edited 30.08.2019

I don't understand wy u all ***** here about this matter... U all don't already know how gg thinks about all that matter about this game?

Here are some proved stuff:

- ONLY THING THAT IS MATTER FOR GG IS MONEY... Nothing else

No more new players... Here is wy...

If 90% of the server or more is already legendary lvl... This means that new players have NO REAL chance... The deference in development is to big.. So they will quite after few weeks.. Making it no more extra money for gg.

Just think how much it took for u to arrive were u are now... And how the game dynamic was then... With all this new stuff that they throw in the game... And then try to see yourself from begging but now... And see what u will decide...

Then... Sending all players to a new server is a strategic move for a game that is died... Wy? Because they can still suck some more money... For the players point of view will give the sense of fairness.. As development range is not so huge... And therfore gg gets more money from them compared with what they Will get in national servers...

The fact is that servers are died... GG will never say it official because players are still buying... And if it will be official.. Well then this will stop too...

This is how it goes.. Get as much money as u can from the ignorants that still think that this game can still have a future...

Post edited by Hadrian on
Sign In to comment.