Home General Discussions

Veteran Composite Bowman deserting before Royal Scout

Where is the logic here??

Highly paid veterans deserting before cheap coins defense.

This should be fixed.

Comments

• MrChaos (SKN1)MrChaos (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 189

Where is the logic here??

Highly paid veterans deserting before cheap coins defense.

This should be fixed.

They most likely wont after all those troops cost rubies to revive and cannot be recruited, so your only option is to buy them with rubies, which makes GGE money
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 345

At one point it was offense troops that deserted first, but after players complained that by offense troops deserting first, they lost the ability to loot more coin to recruit more. (Plus no one wants to lose all the horrors they bought before free defenders).

Keep in mind this was before ruby defenders were available to buy/win.

• Well, I'm quite sure no one wants cheap Royal Scout to stay over Veteran defenders...

Ripping us off, literally.

It's one of the things we have asked for that has been consistently ignored. Choice of troops that go into hospital and change in priorities for deserters. Or let us choose that too.

It's infuriating that Goldie's desert whist the garbage blue guys from missions are still there...and the red guys and the black guys etc. Strongest go first. Player hostile system.

It was changed because of the feedback players had given, it's proof that the players weren't ignored. Now that we have ruby defenders, the players opinion has changed. This does not mean that the game will change again. As the game reminds you, make sure you have enough food to feed your warriors. 

With the introduction of greenhouses, food build items, higher deco po prizes (plus the ability to forge higher), and increased food titles in Berimond, increasing food productions levels have never been easier. 

• Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1,379
    It was changed because of the feedback players had given, it's proof that the players weren't ignored. Now that we have ruby defenders, the players opinion has changed. This does not mean that the game will change again. As the game reminds you, make sure you have enough food to feed your warriors. 

With the introduction of greenhouses, food build items, higher deco po prizes (plus the ability to forge higher), and increased food titles in Berimond, increasing food productions levels have never been easier. 

Doesn't change the fact that many times here on the Forum players have requested some way to choose which troops dessert first.

(in the PC version of the game, players have choice in what resource they will loot more of. so player choice can be incorporated into the pc version. everything just seems much harder - or impossible - to implement in the mobile version.)

• Changed and what now? It's new defenders, no one wants them go before cheap royal defenders. Are being serious?

edited 25.05.2019

@Black Rose troops desert strongest to weakest. We have not changed our minds because there are ruby troops involved. We never wanted strongest troops to run first whilst weak ones hang around eating. The blue guys from daily tasks are redundant, even for lower lvls, and the red ones from missions are only good for suiciding on shapeshifters.

We asked that you didn't desert all attack first. That's not the same as asking 'please keep the rubbish safe and march off the good defenders'.

And whilst it's easier to improve food production than before it's certainly barely keeping pace with requirements. Attacks get bigger and bigger, required defence numbers have gone up accordingly.

In general everything just gets inflated. More of everything is required.

So by no longer deserting attack first, I accept you listened to something. Too bad it's not done properly and that GG didn't think it through.

It's a bit like watching kids fight. You say 'hey stop hitting your brother' and like a good kid he stops hitting his brother. Then he starts kicking his brother cause you didn't say he couldn't do that.....

I'm fully aware of what order troops desert, I've been playing this game for over 4 yrs and I've probably deserted x100 times more vet defenders than I've ever used (15k in the past 2 days alone). So from a personal perspective, I can understand completely. 
    But from a neutral point of view, now try to keep in mind that it is a strategy game, if you could pick which troops deserted first, would you be as worried about preventing desertion? Probably not. For example, if I knew that desertion was only going to cost me 8k royal defenders, I probably wouldn't be as concerned as knowing I was going to desert 8k vets. It loses its sense of urgency. It is frustrating as all heck? Yes, it can be, but there is a strategy to it. 
  • Other98OfEmpire (INT4)Other98OfEmpire (INT4) INT4 Posts: 222
    edited 25.05.2019

Has nothing to do with strategy. I pay for them I want to decide about them (then it would be strategy, when i have control over them). Just like I would like to have control over which troops I want on wall.

All gg is doing here is hoping for desertion and then ramming you with veteran def offers for 20k rubies.

Besides, you seem to be the only one fine with this. When they make us decide then you can put your veterans to go first and keep having fun being strategic :)

• jagerboom (US2)jagerboom (US2) US2 Posts: 213

Only game I've ever played that takes away what u paid for.

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,667
    Troops disappearing from castles without desertion reports now as well.  I had food though, so they shouldn't have deserted, but other players also getting desertions without messages

Can this be looked into please?

Not raising a ticket. Be 2 weeks before they reply, and i won't need troops by then i will have replaced, and they will tell me it's impossible anyway.
    Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
    Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.
  • gusmedic (US1)gusmedic (US1) US1 Posts: 4

Guys I have same issue

7k of my vets horrors and demons deserted

The desertion is my own fault

I been playing this game for 4y

I talk with 2 peeps from gg costumer service

For my surprise is both are telling me the desertion are random pick of the troops

And I still trying to. Find out when or is any post from gg telling us the what the cs is true.

Unfortunately most people on gg costumer service never played or play this game to have the knowledge of what players are talking about

Reading a scrip is not costumer service

Understand what u selling and have a knowledge of it is costumer service

• NicAM (GB1)NicAM (GB1) GB1 Posts: 25

@lagertha could you advise on @gusmedic question please, as I am repeatedly being told the same thing (that desertion order is random once troop food consumption has been taken into consideration) by the support team, despite all evidence being that premium ruby defence ALWAYS deserts ahead of coin royal defence. Thx

• Verduveltje (NL1)Verduveltje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 500
    edited 03.08.2019
    LOL dertion is NOT random.

Desertion of Melee/Range first might be random. But desertion is in this order:

01 - EliteFlamethrower
    01 - EliteArrowthrower
    02 - Flamethrower
    02 - Arrowthrower
    03 - Renegadepikeman
    03 - Renegadespearthrower
    04 - SamuraiDefenderMelee
    04 - SamuraiDefenderRange
    05 - EliteSpringDefenderMelee
    05 - EliteSpringDefenderRange
    06 - EliteChristmasDefenderMelee
    06 - EliteChristmasDefenderRange