Foreign Lord / War of the Realms concerns

We've noticed a large drop in camp sizes in our alliance and overall glory has dropped significantly on our server. Before the exile and fortify options were added, we would clear camps and larger ones would spawn. Now they are more consistently remaining small (400-600 range). 

Many players are starting to discuss their frustration with this event and they may skip the event in the future. Are others finding this to be an issue? 

Comments

• It's the same on INT1, also with Bloodcrows, same shitty castles.

Either GGE changed it intentionally or they made a bad code merge  (much more likely given the wide array of bugs they produce)
  • big Ron (US2)big Ron (US2) Posts: 26US2
    We've noticed same in our alliance.  Massively lower glory scores caused by weak castles for second glory event running.  Folks are having to exile and fortify excessively to even get half of what we were getting a couple events ago, and won't carry on doing that for long.  

I am wondering if this was the intent all along.  Just speculation but perhaps they knew if they released exile and fortify along with shitty castles there would have been a big backlash so they gave us a couple events with 'good' castles and now have reduced them significantly server by server to get people spending more.
    Big Ron [US2 - 1.7m Might 4.2k Honor]
  • Its the same everywhere, atleast i can use my troops and time on something else ;)
  • difoe (GR1)difoe (GR1) Posts: 308GR1
    In my server it's only bloodcrows that never spawn anything over 500 anymore. FLs are normal with 8000 defs etc.
    Maybe it has something to do with the servers we're up against.
    I wouldn't be surprised if GG did this on purpose in order to get people to spend rubies on fortifications.
    It is still better than having to attack lvl65 castles and since it is the same for everyone in the server i guess it is fair
  • It has been unfortunate to see this trend of foreign lords and blood crow castles only spawn 400-600 men camps.  My frustration makes it difficult to want to play the event, as it has taken the fun out of the competition element and replaced it with irritation.  Even when camps were fortified,  the numbers disappointed, and did not seem worth fortifying.
    Previously when campswere cleared...larger camps would spawn be it 900 or 1400....this no longer the case.   Its a very disappointong trend to experience 
    The camps used to be based on pvp castles on other servers...this allowed for more random opportunities for larger camps...maybe that aspect could reintroduced back into this recent update for better functionality during the event
  • It's most definitely a money issue would be my guess .. if they can make a dime by selling u a better target by having to use your rubies coin or Kahn then my guess that is whats going on with FL.. we are now basically buying good predictable glory hits... Sad but looks like that's what's happening folks...
  • Also the technius has gotten soooo greedy and so bad I have some pieces upgraded to 17,18 and won't upgrade anymore.. been trying to get some these pieces from 17 to 20 for the better part of a year now and they just won't upgrade.. seems they are trying to force you to just buy equipment pieces fully upgraded out right with rubies instead of using technius.. I can see having 5 maybe 10 million coin in a piece full upgrade but I probably have 50 to 100 million in some pieces that won't go past 17 or 18.. absurd and insane
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 185INT4
    Also the technius has gotten soooo greedy and so bad I have some pieces upgraded to 17,18 and won't upgrade anymore.. been trying to get some these pieces from 17 to 20 for the better part of a year now and they just won't upgrade.. seems they are trying to force you to just buy equipment pieces fully upgraded out right with rubies instead of using technius.. I can see having 5 maybe 10 million coin in a piece full upgrade but I probably have 50 to 100 million in some pieces that won't go past 17 or 18.. absurd and insane
    To my knowledge the probabilities of success at the Technicus haven't changed.
    For many pieces it may not be worth upgrading past level 17 or 18 unless you are rolling in coin. The expected cost to upgrade one piece from level 18 to 19 is 845,667 coins, and from level 19 to level 20 it is 1,384,000 coins. This is the cost on average. Sometimes will be less, sometimes more.
    There should be a cap on the maximum each upgrade can cost (technically without a cap it could go to infinity) but I don't know if such caps have been implemented.
  • SeleneSelene Posts: 1,427Moderator
    Thanks all. I can confirm that GG have not changed anything in relation to numbers in FLs or bloodcrows. So there is no reason for this reported change. But I will pass this on. 
  • @Ivan Again (INT4) Sometimes upgrade from 19 to 20 can cost 20 millions and more. I did a thousands of experiments, and can prove that actual success chance is significantly lower than Technicus says.
    What I mean exactly: For example, we see 50% chance of success. This is not mean that you will have a guaranteed success with two tries. 50% means that you have 1:2 odds in favor of winning. So odds against winning will be 2:1, it's the ratio of unfavorable to favorable outcomes. NOT an expression of how likely you are to lose. 2+1=3, - total outcomes, this is 100%.
    100/3=33%.
    So we have actual chance of losing 33*2=66%
    and chance of winning 33*1=33%
    This means, that displayed 50% chance of success actually mean just 33%. On higher upgrade levels, where 2-3% is displayed, actual chance is very low.

Руки - это очень загадочная вещь. Они могут расти буквально откуда угодно.
  • nispa (SKN1)nispa (SKN1) Posts: 9
    edited 13.02.2019
    Not to be rude or anything but we what we can see and what they have told you @Selene doesnt rly seem to be the same, the fact is that they have changed

We can all see they changed, when we first got them all in lvl 70, we got better castles all in my ally got atleast 3 with above 7k, and many with 2-4k and now since the last bloodcrows it changed we havent gotten a single castle with 1,6k and above and for 2 hole events we only got castles with 400-600, if lucky we got a few with 800-1000 So if they didnt change anything witch i highly doubt that they didnt. 

They have made yet another coding ......(edited for language)
    Post edited by Lagertha on
  • @nispa (SKN1) Here is a quite real graph what you can expect. I will translate axis means, horisontally is a defenders amount, vertically a percent of chance you'll get this.

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,170GB1
    Under 600 is most common though, so graph isn't right.  Needs to start up high, then drop right off.
    the glass isn't half empty or half full... it's just half a glass.
  • @Lezley (GB1) Sorry, this is not a somebody's thoughts but raw data from game files.

• nispa (SKN1)nispa (SKN1) Posts: 9
    edited 14.02.2019
    I am aware we get mostly low, but for 2 hole events no one saw a big castle? 

And every event before that we all saw big castles and btw we do so this event again.
  • What i mean is we get many with 1800-3000 and some with 7k+ again after the most resent game update ;)
    What i mean is we get many with 1800-3000 and some with 7k+ again after the most resent game update ;)
    Lucky you.  Not me.  This event i did get one 1.7k target (after Exiling) which is my biggest for some time.  But every other target (and I am hitting lots) is under 1k. Most are 450 to 700. 

At least the move to all lvl 70 targets means we don't get the horrible tiny targets anymore - though they were easy to clear. 

I've also noticed that targets nowadays are more likely to house attack troops. So a 1k target might actually only be 500 defenders. We should talk about number of defenders in the target, not total troops per the spy report.
  • @Lezley (GB1) Sorry, this is not a somebody's thoughts but raw data from game files.

Yeah this is the exile data.  they mean the basis amount of troops in a BL/BK.

However: Just smash Them. Something Nice Will come around =D
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • And once again it’s only shait castles:(
    GG working hard to take away the little excitement left in the game..
  • Interestingly enough, the most recent Bloodcrow event was horrible, even inside of the Kingdom League event, glory totals were HALF of what they were for the event before (which was outside of the Kingdom League), but right on par with the event before that, which was scheduled to be a part of the Kingdom League, but had issues, and was not.

Seriously, 2 events ago, 12.2 million glory was 37th for the alliance rankings, OUTSIDE of added competition from the Kingdom League. The last round, I'm pretty sure that same glory, DURING the Kingdom League, would have been good for 22nd or 23rd.

I know we can expect some variance from one event, to the next, but for the one event outside of the Kingdom League to produce DOUBLE the glory numbers of the one within the League runtime, certainly makes it seem like the numbers are cooked, to sell more boosters, and make us spend more rubies.

I fully believe it is an intentional "adjustment" to the code, to make more money from the event. I won't even hit the FLs this event as the troop and tool loss isn't worth the abysmal glory totals, and why trigger the 18-hour Season Points Booster, if I won't even get anything good out of the deal? Much rather wait for nomads, where we at least know what we are going to see for the event.
  • This started roughly 4 events ago. We were told that no issues were found. Update occured....and the castles went back to normal with some sporadic monsters. Like an occasional 7k castle. Now the castle counts have reverted back to 400-600. Its a programming flaw....period. if GG does not see what we are seeing then they have absolutely lost touch. I would assume that they have some quality control accounts that they can log into to verify our widespread complaint. Please fix it. Its broke. I'm saving real coin by not buying rubies during the event. Normally I'd drop 20 bucks easily. Just look at the glory counts on the scoreboard as stayed earlier. We deserve better. Cheers

• This started roughly 4 events ago. We were told that no issues were found. Update occured....and the castles went back to normal with some sporadic monsters. Like an occasional 7k castle. Now the castle counts have reverted back to 400-600. Its a programming flaw....period. if GG does not see what we are seeing then they have absolutely lost touch. I would assume that they have some quality control accounts that they can log into to verify our widespread complaint. Please fix it. Its broke. I'm saving real coin by not buying rubies during the event. Normally I'd drop 20 bucks easily. Just look at the glory counts on the scoreboard as stayed earlier. We deserve better. Cheers

Most likely a merge bug if they use any kind of source code repository, which you have to doubt looking at all the problems they have.
  • Thay clearly decreased the spawnrate of the bigger castles by a LOT! When thay added the exilement function I had at least one castle with over 7000 defenders every day and the other big castles were also so common that I had to change my strategy to only use my 2-3 strongest commanders and attack everything with full armies to minimalise the loses. Now I'm attacking 8-10 castles at the same time again with 1000 units/attack becouse none of the targets require any more, and I'm supposed to feel lucky when I get one 7000 in the whole event.

HK_(INT2) said:
    When thay added the exilement function I had at least one castle with over 7000 defenders every day 
    Every day! Wow. I've only had a target over 3000 once ever (and that was last year).
    But I too definitely am not getting the targets I used to get. That could be because I stopped buy rubies some time ago. Or maybe I just aren't hitting as many targets as I used to (because using more troops on each attack now, can't send as many attacks as I used to) so aren't clearing as many bad targets and uncovering the good ones. But I am exiling a lot, which should clear bad targets but that doesn't seem to help much (makes 400-500 targets into 700-900 at most). 
Sign In to comment.