New Shapeshifter Castellan Stats

Comments

• 3 years ago right after the addition of the gems to the game the worst scenario an attacker could face was around 400 royal sentinels on the wall, and here we are now. (Yes, I know shapeshifter view, but still)
  • Selene said:
    so odd... they tell a February, they have the stats... why wait until March?  Just to annoy us?
    Not to annoy. They announced the stats and received a lot of feedback on them. So they had to consider that feedback. They’re trying to do what players want them to do... listen. Let’s give them a chance to do that. 
    @selene the following response is NOT a attack/blame/flame message directed to you.

Seriously.

1. The initial announcement of the castellan: LOTS of feedback was sent. HOWEVER: the castellen was first implemented, and than withdrawn within an hour, due to feedback received?

2. MONTHS went by: no update from the development team.

3. Woohoo! the Castellan is re-announced: 3 versions. My opinion: wow. Nice castellan, and de differences between the 3 are small. My compliments: NOT a pay to win castellan. (the rob version castellan is still worse than the best castellan that can be created right now.)

4.  Announced: the castellan's will be available in February.
    5.  Announced: When available for purchase at the shapeshfiter/merchant shop
    -  the charm version next shapeshifter run (15/02)
    - insignia & rob version the run after that (25/02)

6. Announced: All of the versions will be made available at once in the March update.
    6.b. In another thread is was explained that the month X update is in fact released in month X+1. So the announcement @ point 6: march --> released in april?

7. "They announced the stats and received a lot of feedback on them."
    What the hell Selene? is this what they told you? if so: why the pidgeoncrap is the "reason" for everything always different in the announcement than in any other announcement/reply/whatever?

Providing good customer service isn’t rocket science – it comes down a to good support tool and remembering to keep the customer in the loop at all times. 
    WE DON'T CARE THAT ANYTHING TAKES LONGER/GETS POSTPONED, if you tell us in advance: and dont tell us your working on it and continously come with shitty excuses/reasons/explanations.

Seriously:
    GOOD:"I crapped myself" <-- Well that sucks for your but oke
    BAD: "Who farted?" > You crapped your pants... > "No i didn't" > yeah you did... its dripping down your pants > "Thats not mine" > Wut? > "Crap is removed from the game, due to feedback received concerning its flying abilities".
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • LagerthaLagertha Posts: 170Moderator
    edited 14.02.2019
    I think all need to remember this forum is one of many across the Internet for EK4 and Empire.  As of recent Empire is more matched with Ek4.  Do you remember the days of EK4 being second in line for most everything? 

I am with Selene on giving them a chance.  This update comes with more a 50/50 split then I have read on here over the years on "yes" we want it now and "no" please don't implement.  

As soon as more information is released, we will post directly.  Pinky swear!  :)
  • Lagertha said:
    I think all need to remember this forum is one of many across the Internet for EK4 and Empire.  As of recent Empire is more matched with Ek4.  Do you remember the days of EK4 being second in line for most everything? 

I am with Selene on giving them a chance.  This update comes with more a 50/50 split then I have read on here over the years on "yes" we want it now and "no" please don't implement.  

As soon as more information is released, we will post directly.  Pinky swear!  :)

Sorry i don't remember. I've been playing 1,5years now...

I don't really care if the castellan is coming or not... Neither about the stats...

The things that annoy me are:
    - repeating similar stupid bugs (yes: bugs can occur, but bugs like the tools that get a %boost for  fame/nomads tab/samurai coins and return after using them should not occur on all 3 occasions: fame/nomads/samurai)

- knowlingly  miscommunicating, or simply think were a bunch of morons that can't remember what was communicated hours/days/months before.
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • HK_(INT2) said:
    3 years ago right after the addition of the gems to the game the worst scenario an attacker could face was around 400 royal sentinels on the wall, and here we are now. (Yes, I know shapeshifter view, but still)

:p you beated the wall. What's the problem?
    Veni vidi Verduveltje
  • How do you figure that the ruby version is still weaker then the best cast that can be created, every one of the ss is better then the best cast we can make right now, really the only difference is 10% troops on wall that can be put with wk or a little more with the right hero but your giving up a lot of cy strength, the extra range and melee strength for the ss cast actually makes the charms version better then a highlander with 60% wall or even 66% with the hero. Bc the added strength actually makes it like there’s more on the wall then really I’d, Plus the cy bonus for ss is already unmatched, now the ruby version without hol. 
    Its not that I don’t want to see this cast, they just should have something that’s going to make offense be able to compete with it with out having to wait hardly anytime bc it’s already so lol sided. 
  • Current stongest castellar in my opinion: Winged Knight set (4 base pieces+Cloudmaker), Woodland Nymph hero, Eagle's eye gem X2,Goat's eye gem, Kala's tongue gem.

only the more important stat's: 
    malee: 134 (better than the shapeshifter)
    range: 115 (tied with the insignia version of the shapeshifter)
    wall limit: 70 (20% more than the shapeshifter)
    countryard: 50% ( stunning 50% weaker than the ruby version of the shapeshifter set)

btw. the actual current wall limit cap is 81%, Winged Knight hero gives you +6%, and Kala's left eye (used by no-one lol) gives you +5% agains players which goes beyond the 60% gem effect cap.
  • HK_(INT2) said:
    Current stongest castellar in my opinion: Winged Knight set (4 base pieces+Cloudmaker), Woodland Nymph hero, Eagle's eye gem X2,Goat's eye gem, Kala's tongue gem.

only the more important stat's: 
    malee: 134 (better than the shapeshifter)
    range: 115 (tied with the insignia version of the shapeshifter)
    wall limit: 70 (20% more than the shapeshifter)
    countryard: 50% ( stunning 50% weaker than the ruby version of the shapeshifter set)

btw. the actual current wall limit cap is 81%, Winged Knight hero gives you +6%, and Kala's left eye (used by no-one lol) gives you +5% agains players which goes beyond the 60% gem effect cap.
    I'm not sure if you realize but you forfeit the extra melee and ranged stats from those gems, because they do not exceed the cap of the 90/90 melee/ranged max. As for the hero, you need to watch for the wording, because eq with the same wording all tie into the cap, and don't stack above it. So in reality, it's not a stronger cast than the new ss cast. 
  • Ivan Again (INT4)Ivan Again (INT4) Posts: 302INT4
    Looks like some players need to revisit the threads on here explaining how caps now work. 

Of course, no one should have to read it here. In a perfect world the castelan and commander descriptions would clearly show their complete stats and what is capped.
  • The cap system makes no sense, the 120+40 wall protection somehow works here but the 60+10 unit limit on the castle wall does not. 

HK_(INT2) said:
    The cap system makes no sense, the 120+40 wall protection somehow works here but the 60+10 unit limit on the castle wall does not. 

Wall protection is supposed to be capped at +120%. Weird if your castelan above goes over that.
    Unit limit on the wall is capped at +60%. But if a bonus is worded differently, such as "... against castle lords", then that isn't constrained by the cap. So you should be getting 66% on the wall (your +6% should work but the +10% shouldn't). 
    edited 15.02.2019
    Here are the caps:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/comment/290715/#Comment_290715

But note that some of the comments immediately after this list are not correct (eg set bonuses do not necessarily go over caps). You will have to read the whole thread to get to the truth.

• I think I've found the actual current strongest castellar, this one actually has 75% wall limit and 57% countyard with the double 90. 
  • difoe (GR1)difoe (GR1) Posts: 322GR1
    HK_(INT2) said:
    The cap system makes no sense, the 120+40 wall protection somehow works here but the 60+10 unit limit on the castle wall does not. 
    Bonuses that come from a Hero always go above the cap (except for later detection)
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,200GB1

HK_(INT2) said:
    Bonuses that come from a Hero always go above the cap (except for later detection)
    Only if they specific stats, otherwise they don't.
    the glass isn't half empty or half full... it's just half a glass.
    Nope, heros go over cap no matter the wording. except for later detection
  • Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,200GB1
    edited 15.02.2019
    Are you sure? This is last statement from GG, it says "most" heroes go over caps because they are specific.

Alpinolo said:
    Now is clear. only some set bonus goes over the cap if the wording of them are difference.
    an advise never put in wringing something like this, "set bonus goes over the cap". this induces wrong interpretation.

Thanks for the clarification.

Well, we never said they don't go over, right? We always said they go over but you were right, it was not very clear from our side. In the end, it was never wrongly communicated, it just needed some additional information apparently.
    It is actually opposite of what we were previously told, but makes more sense given the examples players have shown that proved previous advice could not be correct.
    Why exactly?
    I'm sorry but this brings more confusion to me.

Main discussion was if set and hero bonuses go over the cap or not.

Can you please look into my post above and explain why do I have 2 different effect results in 2 very similar cases (not to say almost exact cases).

Thank you!

Almost all heroes go over those caps, if you look closely most of them have always specific effects.

Grüße,
    Mario/Alpinolo

the glass isn't half empty or half full... it's just half a glass.
  • Are you sure? This is last statement from GG, it says "most" heroes go over caps because they are specific.

Almost all heroes go over those caps, if you look closely most of them have always specific effects.

Grüße,
    Mario/Alpinolo

The hero only goes over the cap when the wording is different, as stated in Alpinolo's post. 
  • Yep. Has to be a specific scenario. Against NPC, Enemy castle Lord's, etc. That's why the general raiders hero on a 60% tow cast doesn't add extra 5%. But the winged knight hero does because 6% is against enemy Lords. 
    Nope, heros go over cap no matter the wording. except for later detection
    That is not what GG have told us. 
  • GGS doesnt even know themselves. Ive tested around a lot and i found out that heroes do go over the cap, no matter the wording.

However, your hero does not go over the cap if its either extra units on wall (unspecified) or later army detection (unspecified). Specified versions of this stat do exceed the cap
    enricoluS @ GG 1
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/fourkingdoms/en/discussion/46413/capping-of-bonuses
    Alpinolo said:
    Hey guys,
    The list we provided you contains the current cap bonuses. Every effect that caps is on it. If you look closely there is also one hero cap on that list but that is the only exception, otherwise, heroes can go over those caps. And of course, there are technical limits, even tho we say everything else that's not on that list has no cap, has a cap but you will never reach that number so it has basically no cap for you but for the servers. That's how it goes in this digital age. :)
    Also, caps/effects are shown correctly in the game. Despite that, we are looking for a better visibility which makes it easier for you to understand how these effects work but that is still work in progress.
    Best,
    Mario/Alpinolo
  • Yes only there was no cap at units on wall at that time, now there is
    enricoluS @ GG 1
  • This gonna make low level players over powered as easy for them to get insigna version where as lvl 70 would be lucky to compleate in a year.
  • This gonna make low level players over powered as easy for them to get insigna version where as lvl 70 would be lucky to compleate in a year.
    No, it's really hard to get insignia for low levels, the shapeshifter camps never give you more than 1000 points for an attack, not even with full army hard mode, meanwhile a lvl 800 gets 2800-3000 points for a hard mode attack with 32 units.
    HK_(INT2) said:
    This gonna make low level players over powered as easy for them to get insigna version where as lvl 70 would be lucky to compleate in a year.
    No, it's really hard to get insignia for low levels, the shapeshifter camps never give you more than 1000 points for an attack, not even with full army hard mode, meanwhile a lvl 800 gets 2800-3000 points for a hard mode attack with 32 units.
    you don't get Insignia based on your attack, you get it from your rank. you get Charms per attack.
  • Another ss event as started still no cast sets

GG JUST DO THE CAST SETS LET THE MASSES HAVE THEM AVAILABLE WHEN THEY ARE OUT IN USE THEN YOU CAN START DOING A COM TO COUNTER IT BUT UNTIL THEN ..... STOP DELAYING IT ......
  • It took long i know but now they have actually announced it to be in the march update a few weeks ago, so screaming that it isnt here yet really is just stupid and pointless because it isnt supposed to be

The march update will most likely be in the last week of march since its like that basicly every month, so until the last week of march just wait and see

enricoluS @ GG 1
  • Ok dont get all gobby I'm having a rant enricolus 
  • vonclis (AU1)vonclis (AU1) Posts: 267AU1

GG are always deliberately vague and ambiguous. That way they can say it was always right, we were always wrong, we just didn't read it right. When do we ever get a straight answer or an admission they messed something up?

Sign In to comment.