Discussion Thread - January Update

Here you can discuss the January update announcement!

Comments

• Lezley (GB1)Lezley (GB1) Posts: 2,149
    edited 16.01.2019
    How much for unique gem removal? Are they having a giraffe? (Limited, most things i want to say will get filtered out)

Personally i think there is a problem in game with sets not being clearly differentiated (tiny little numbers being the only difference between some sets) and there being no advance warning if you are putting a non set gem into a set, or if you are going to exceed a cap by adding a gem.  These are both caused by unclear information in game and it shouldn't cost players £14 to make up for gg inadequacies.  Changing your mind later is different scenario.
    Post edited by Lezley (GB1) on
    the glass isn't half empty or half full... it's just half a glass.
    edited 16.01.2019
    Can we have some screenshots for new filters so we know what to expect? Are the tool filters just for auto fill and not for manually picking tools, if so not sure this is going to be much use to me either, as I don't exclusively use tools on same wave of an attack that all come from the same categories that have heen announced.
  • difoe (GR1)difoe (GR1) Posts: 286
    why no attack presets along with the new autofill and search features?

• So we will no longer get hit by the bloodcrows & foreign invaders.  Bad move.  They will just turn into another version of the nomads.  We already have the samurai as an alternate nomad.  We dont need more
  • Anyone else excited about this update besides me?!?! You guys find the smallest, most random things to complain about. Woohoo GG, gem removal!!! :smiley:
  • I'm glad they are replacing Samurai with nomads on the 18th.  Its been a real struggle keeping horsetails for the next foreign invaders while still using them to hit bloodcrows
  • AlpinoloAlpinolo Posts: 3,810Community Manager
    Can we have some screenshots for new filters so we know what to expect? Are the tool filters just for auto fill and not for manually picking tools, if so not sure this is going to be much use to me either, as I don't exclusively use tools on same wave of an attack that all come from the same categories that have heen announced.
    Well, it would look like this:

Pretty simple, huh? :)

The other filter for manually picking tools will come at a later point. For now only for the Autofill feature.

why no attack presets along with the new autofill and search features?

They are planned for Q1. A search feature is implemented in the new equipment filter system.

So we will no longer get hit by the bloodcrows & foreign invaders.  Bad move.  They will just turn into another version of the nomads.  We already have the samurai as an alternate nomad.  We dont need more
    That's correct, no more attacks will be triggered by the Foreign or Bloodcrow castle lords. As always, we will analyze the player behavior after the update, so if this is really gonna be something bad we can try to think about measures.

Best,
    Mario/Alpinolo
    area area area area area
    Thanks for quick answer with screenshot.
    edited 16.01.2019
    How will it decide whether to put melee or range in specific waves, that doesn't really work properly at moment.
  • So we will no longer get hit by the bloodcrows & foreign invaders.  Bad move.  They will just turn into another version of the nomads.  We already have the samurai as an alternate nomad.  We dont need more
    Are there any plans to introduce taunting for events other than the nomads?  There is so little pvp nowadays that newbies will no longer get any practice in defending
    @Mary Contrary (GB1) read my mind, higher level players won't miss bloodcrow or invader incoming, but low level players need practice.
  • Will the Royal Post return with this update?
    edited 16.01.2019
    A much better way to change foreign and bloodcrow incomings, would be to have them only attack when player is online. If player doesn't come online during event they get hit in last hour of event.
  • Black RoseBlack Rose Posts: 45Moderator
    So we will no longer get hit by the bloodcrows & foreign invaders.  Bad move.  They will just turn into another version of the nomads.  We already have the samurai as an alternate nomad.  We dont need more
    Are there any plans to introduce taunting for events other than the nomads?  There is so little pvp nowadays that newbies will no longer get any practice in defending
    I'm not aware of any events that will have taunting, outside of the khan event, but you could always have training wars between similar size/level alliances for the purpose of learning both attacking and defending. 
  • For f*ck why you gotta change the planning last freaking second. I want to get a lot of samurai tokens to buy quick attackers so i deleted defense to have more space for ranged attackers for samurai. I used 100% melee ruby troop attacks to have more space for ranged attackers. I bought tools because i wouldnt have had the time to produce enough for the 18th and now boom you just change it. I know some people prefer nomads because of horsetails but then put horsetails into samurai invasion instead of never starting it. I believe the new samurai has been here 3 times, while it was introduced 3 months ago. 

Now i can mail support again because you just keeping messing stuff up, and you are damn straight im gonna make sure i get a compensation for this cauze i used items that cost money to prepare for an event you had planned and those are gone now
    enricoluS @ GG 1
  • And before anyone says that in the event planning it says "the planning might change", I know it does.

But just because you have the power to, doesnt mean you have a right to
    enricoluS @ GG 1
  • edited 17.01.2019
    Well, for 20k rubies or cheaper you can buy a new gem. 

Btw Im a low lvl player and I wont miss the blood/fl incomings,  finally you disabled that useless and annoying feature.
    edited 17.01.2019
    @Other98ofEmpire INT2  didn't say low level players liked the fl and bc incoming, doesn't mean they still don't benefit from them. 
  • Might cover some @Lezley (GB1) but for me its just tools eating. 
    I never bother to check the incoming setup, or actually wait for it to be visible, coz it's not from the very beginning, besides ,I don't have anything from defending it.
    If they need to learn they will through more experienced alliance members and mini wars with real players ,they can't learn anything from fl incomings, IMO.
    Any other benefits I really don't recall.
    edited 17.01.2019
    Ah yes, but... If they only send when you online you have plenty of options (apart from not getting the you are under attack notifications) you can counter or exile and not get the incoming, or you can accept the incoming for the extra glory and switch out your best tools. If you check the setup you can get away with using really low grade tools, and it helps players learn how all the defense tools work.
  • edited 18.01.2019
    Idk, for myself it's just useless. I can live without those "benefits".
    Post edited by Other98ofEmpire INT2 on
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) Posts: 882
    Hello @Lagertha

Can we see sime correction or fixings on these illogical offers 

like Glory flags and Horses Tails during Khan Revenge 

This has been going on for last more than six months now!

The offer which comes only during first few hours of the Start of Khans Revenge should be repeated with Prime Time
    BWM @ E4K IN
  • It wasn't worth posting the event schedule change in the royal post?
  • Oh, and I note that you are running the Samurai event at a time outside a Long Term Event, so all of the saved Samurai tokens will have less value.
  • And before anyone says that in the event planning it says "the planning might change", I know it does.

It actually makes more sense for Nomads to run versus the intended Samurai event. While I understand you're frustrated because of your planning, having nomads here to win horsetails is a better preparation for the Kingdom League event. That event starts with the Foreign Lord on the 22nd. Seeing that some of the rewards for that are construction tokens for the Relic Greenhouse, I'm sure that's more of a priority than cashing Samurai tokens for LTPE. 

Not sure what compensation you think you're going to get when they clearly state the events are always subject to change. 
  • difoe (GR1)difoe (GR1) Posts: 286
    @Ice Queen (US1)
    Where do you see the Kingdom League rewards?
    And before anyone says that in the event planning it says "the planning might change", I know it does.

It actually makes more sense for Nomads to run versus the intended Samurai event. While I understand you're frustrated because of your planning, having nomads here to win horsetails is a better preparation for the Kingdom League event. That event starts with the Foreign Lord on the 22nd. Seeing that some of the rewards for that are construction tokens for the Relic Greenhouse, I'm sure that's more of a priority than cashing Samurai tokens for LTPE. 

Not sure what compensation you think you're going to get when they clearly state the events are always subject to change. 
    I agree with Ice Queen totally the new Samurai is a total flop!

Khan Revenge is better option as it gives Horse Tails!

BWM @ E4K IN
    Dear Friends,

I believe that Winter Prey is going to be a regular Event which gives the flavour of PvP attacks and it is in actual a Real incoming attack.

This I believe is a better practice as it does not give fire or troops loss!
    BWM @ E4K IN
  • Indeed, perfect for tests/practicing as for low lvls n high lvls too. 
    Much better practice than fl incomings 😁
  • enricoluS (NL1)enricoluS (NL1) Posts: 65
    edited 19.01.2019
    And before anyone says that in the event planning it says "the planning might change", I know it does.

Kinda agree yeah but some people already got enough horsetails. Furthermore, we dont know yet whether its glory that you need to earn. Maybe to get points in the Kingdoms League you need to just defeat foreign castles, kinda like the LTPE
    enricoluS @ GG 1
Sign In to comment.