Home Update Questions & Feedback

UPDATE: New Subscriptions

Hey guys,

A new update is upon us! Please let us know your thoughts on the new Subscription features.

Voe

Comments

• for what you are charging you should get better bonuses. Who cares about wood and stone bonuses rather see a bigger food bonus. What about storehouse increases over 80K! Great we can create bigger armies but keeping them is harder!

also making the user having to sign up for two is a bit much. The personal one should count towards the alliance bonuses. But now another question raises why do we have to sign up for another one when we already have VIP so we have two too maintain!
  • Is subscriptions going to come out on amazon? I dont get any of the subscription bonuses when i log in through amazon even though i have the personal and alliance.
  • ECCO (US1)ECCO (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    Would love to have seen a food increase, all those winning food on attacks go to waste since we cant fit anymore food,  a stupid juggling act, win, move food quick,   lol.  
    ECCO
  • I spend around €10 a month on rubies.  The subscriptions do not offer the versatility that rubies do, so I will not be switching to buying a subscription. 

My ruby purchases are my existing subscription fees to Good Games
  • bwm (IN1)bwm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,212
    Technically I would recommend GGS to offer subscription free to regular Rubies purchasing players

They can also Cap the amount

example if the player monthly purchase is 50 USD and above he or she is entitled for free subscription
    We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
    My advise to GGS 

dont be penny wise and Pound Foolesh

We post our feedbacks, observations, opinions and suggestions to help make the game better!

We express our anger and frustrations not that we hate the game, but because we still love the game!

We are sticking around for the past 7+ years in this game itself is the proof that we love this game!

So atleast give 50% of what we request for and suggest to implement, you will see this game will reach new heights of success! 

BWM @ E4K IN
    I read in Royal Post that one can purchase this Subscription from Google Store and play on IOS and the subscription will still be valid

Am I correct in this understanding

BWM @ E4K IN
  • VoeVoe Posts: 337
    edited 28.06.2017
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

The subscription options are just there to give you an additional way to supplement your play style. If you prefer investing in Rubies instead of subscriptions, that's still a perfectly viable option. 

Regarding what you get for your subscription; if the bonuses were better, you'd probably start to see a lot of complaints about it increasing the gap between standard players and players who spend. While the subscription gives players a good overall boost, it shouldn't make them overpowered compared to a non subscription player.

Personally, I'd consider the subscription exclusively for the improved tool production speed. I use my resource tools faster than I can make them during the Nomad event. With the subscription I can hopefully keep up with my usage, and avoid having to buy tools to use on NPCs.

Voe

• TBH the personal one won't stick for alot as it with their interferes rubie purchases. 

Better ideas.
    1. Give rubies to player if they subscribe to personal one on each montly payment.
    2. if the player has the personal boost give them a permanant 100 persoanl ruby bonus.
    3. Give the player a a free box of their choice once a month.

I bought both to try out but not sure I will continue personal one.
  • Will the subscription purchase interfere with personal 75% & 100% timings?
    Jons world @ GG 1
  • To Gge
    with love 

This new update makes game more for buying... So people who actually playing for fun and buy often are forced to buy all the time... a this update sucks....SUCKS

AH

• Also you guys change setting so that people who buy once or twice a month wont get and targets unless they buy you cheap offers .. unbalanced... this game isn't worth that much money
  • So now I have to purchase VIP time and a subscription seems like double-dipping to me. How about working on some new original events instead of recycling the same crap over and over and the long-term events of the same thing you just keep changing the names of them
    To Gge
    with love 

This new update makes game more for buying... So people who actually playing for fun and buy often are forced to buy all the time... a this update sucks....SUCKS

AH
    Wrong, GGS is not forcing anyone as it is mentioned in CM Voe post, this in addition you dont have to purchase the subscription. You can continue playing for free.

I have seen non-Ruby purchasing players doing very well in comparision to Ruby Purchasing players.

BWM @ E4K IN
  • SeleneSelene Posts: 1,580
    Will the subscription purchase interfere with personal 75% & 100% timings?
    No - it is a separate purchase through your app store.  

@deak (US1)You don't have to purchase either or you can purchase both or just one.  It is entirely up to you.  Personally, I don't have either subscription and only get VIP time when I get it for free. 
  • So my question is this: The alliance subscription goes up to -100% Support Travel Time. To me that sounds like all the time it takes to support someone is taken away. Is that correct? Is it automatic support with no travel time?
  • jacknuts (US1)jacknuts (US1) Posts: 50
    edited 04.07.2017
    The purchase of the subscription is being considered a ruby purchase, thus the personal prime time counter us being reset. 

I bought the subscription on June 29, one day before the 100% personal was suppose to arrive as it wasn't suppose to count as a ruby purchase. When the personal didnt arrived I line messaged the cm. He agreed that it wasn't suppose to count towards the personal. Yesterday, July 3rd, the cm again said the gg team agreed it wasn't suppose to apply and that they were going to give doublers to all that were affected by this.
    Now today the cm said sorry the team back peddled on their decision and are going to consider purchases of subscriptions as a ruby purchase.
    So then discuss the subscription first. I checked an account with a 100% personal and the subscription doesn't reduce in cost. On the update page it shows that the subscription was suppose to be managed on the app store page. But again that's not the case. Now if anyone has the subscription they can kiss their personals good bye.

But this isn't my issue. My issue is how good game studios back peddled on their reasonings anytime they feel is in their interest and could careless about their paying customers. I'm forwarding all the screen shots so everyone can view the discussion with the cm and watch him attempt to justify how they cannot get their statements straight.

So the question that needs to be answered is why should people continue to pay for a service if the quality of the service provided doesn't meet the standards they continue to say they offer.

EDIT: Removed screenshots of personal conversations.
    Post edited by Voe on
    The last I heard, anyone who missed a personal offer because of the subscription needs to contact the support team to get it back.

from the messages you posted, it looks as though this isn't going to be fixed in the next update, and will probably end up being a bugfix which will be detailed later.

The update stated that the subscription was managed through the relevant store, which is correct. Once you buy it in-game, the subscription has to be managed in the relevant store.

In a mostly unrelated note; You really do like to swing your wallet about, don't you? I used to regularly spend more than that per month. You know how many times I've brought it up? Once. Right now. The fact that you spend that much is irrelevant to how this impacts everyone else, and it's everyone combined who keep the game running. Sure, we make a decent contribution to GoodGame's income, but it doesn't cover everything, and it doesn't make our opinions more important than everyone else's. Show a bit of humility  :#

• No vote. You're wrong. They are not compensating. 
  • Apparently you're not in the loop with the other gg team members as you would have heard the new position.
    No, what I said is still correct. If you had a personal offer active, and lost it due to purchasing the subscription, you have to contact the support team to have it restored.

If you lost your personal offer timing because you purchased the subscription, there's nothing that they can do at the moment. However, they are looking into a solution for everyone, as it isn't functioning as they originally stated.

This is based on information posted in our official team chat. If the situation has changed since then, then I'm unaware of it, which is why I said 'last I heard'.  

• I lost a personal because of it and they are not going to give it back. If you would have read all that I posted you would have saw that
    No, I assure you that I read it all. Perhaps you didn't read what I posted?

You said: "I bought the subscription on June 29, one day before the 100% personal was suppose to arrive as it wasn't suppose to count as a ruby purchase."

My response: "If you had a personal offer active, and lost it due to purchasing the subscription, you have to contact the support team to have it restored.

If you lost your personal offer timing because you purchased the subscription, there's nothing that they can do at the moment. However, they are looking into a solution for everyone, as it isn't functioning as they originally stated.

You had your personal offer timing reset due to buying the subscription, you didn't have a 100% offer active at the time you bought the subscription, did you?

That's the situation at the moment, but it may well change after they investigate further. I imagine the subscription feature will be dead in the water if it interferes with personal offers, so I assume that they will be endeavoring to find an amicable solution for everyone. 

• Guess what i am cancelling my subs as i want my p100.
  • subs renew each month so will always affect p100
    subs renew each month so will always affect p100

I'm not sure if the renewal process effects the Personal Offers, as that will be handled directly through the appropriate market place, and not in-game. I'll find out for sure and let you know, though.

They are working on an official announcement regarding the issues with the Subscription feature, so hopefully all this will be cleared up in the next day or two.

• if you not giving rubies with the subscriptions then it should not affect ruby buying.
  • This needs to be answered because it would mean if players cancel they would once again need to renew through the game.  It seems logical that not needing the game for renewel would effect personals going forward.  I look forward to seeing a response.
  • What about Amazon app store?  They can handle subscriptions and it appears ready. I called Amazon customer service but they couldn't tell me for sure it would work.  Please validate.
    This needs to be answered because it would mean if players cancel they would once again need to renew through the game.  It seems logical that not needing the game for renewel would effect personals going forward.  I look forward to seeing a response.

I think this is the official standpoint on this:

Personal Offers are generated based on a set of criteria. This criteria has never been shared with players. The fact that players figured out the timings, and have noticed that the subscription feature impacted it, is irrelevant. It wasn't intended for players to know when the Personal Offers would appear, so this isn't being treated as technical problem.

That being said; Goodgame are always listening to feedback, and if this proves to be a bigger issue than previously thought, they will more than likely invest the time to set it right.

Sign In to comment.