Home Strategy, Tips & Tactics

Why it's best, most the time, to level up slowly

Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
edited 18.01.2014 in Strategy, Tips & Tactics
There are two aspects to levelling up (besides the mostly insignificant 60 rubies you receive for doing so): new buildings/upgrades and more waves/more soldiers and tools in each wave.

The fastest way to level up in the game is to complete quests. If you are a player who focuses on completing quests, you will not be as strong as a lower level player who focuses on building there castles. This is because the player who completes quests instead of focusing on building and upgrading will:
  • Be able to send more soldiers in attack but can also be attacked with more soldiers
  • They will not however have the defences to defend these larger attacks, nor will they have the decorations and farm-house upgrades necessary to support as large an army

What this means is that the higher level quest orientated player will not be able to complete with the slow builders who are the same level as they are. So, if you are level 49 and think you are stronger than a level 41- wrong! Look at their build points. Also, consider how much research they have completed, the number of decorations they have in their castle and the type of outposts they have.

These are the things which make a stronger player.

The best way to level

The best way to level is therefore, generally, slowly. When you unlock a new upgrade, upgrade all your buildings to the new level you have unlocked and in all your castles. The reason I say "generally" is because there are certain times when you will want to reach 'milestone' levels to unlock specific upgrades- such as level 4 walls at level 50, level 10 farm houses at level 40, the research tower at level 39, the moat at level 37 and level 3 walls/level 5 barracks at level 26(ish). You will want to complete quests in order to reach these particular upgrades but only when you are a couple of levels away or have completed all your upgrades.
Post edited by Lord Redrum on
Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED

Comments

• RosielRosiel Posts: 53
    edited 12.01.2014
    I agree with these points and I wish I had read that 2 months ago, as I actually found that out the hard way while being in my late 20s when I got from 25 to 30 in 2 days... I regretted afterwards and tried to slow down.

Quests that can make a big difference in your level up speed are the barbarian Kingdom ones.

However I've noticed that big ruby players can get away easily with these leveling problems...
    Rosiel @ GG 1
  • Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
    edited 13.01.2014
    Yes well it depends I have spent a fair amount on rubies but I've used them all on tools and buildings-but not speeding up building. Only the players who can afford to speed up lots of builds don't have to worry about levelling too fast.
    Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED
  • MohonbaganMohonbagan Posts: 28
    edited 18.01.2014
    Ya i agree with that, cause everyonewill need huge amountsof resourcesto upgrade at higher level. So it's better to upgradeall op as we do with our castle. This may take some time.
    Mohonbagan @ GG 1
  • Good advice. 
  • It's not about leveling up just don't jump worlds untill you r ready cause its gonna cost someone 
  • Jenne (NL1)Jenne (NL1) NL1 Posts: 552
    Since the new events the best way is to level asap to lvl 70 so you dont waste counts to crap equipments.
    And on worlds you get the most counts. Max fire robber baron for example.
    LVL 70 got the best prices and equipments.

Before the events I would say just level normall. Some prefer to do it extra slow but I never did that.
    Don't forget to rate and this game in the app store and social media. BGS read player reviews on the stores! Implement this in the updates.

BGS = Bug Game Studios

• sir Rubio (US1)sir Rubio (US1) US1 Posts: 685
    It's best to take you're time , because a level 70
    and no commanders or cast equipment will be burned out quit . You also learn the game taking you're time . I have to agree with last post . Before events made sense to level up slow . Now with all the events with commanders and cast I guess it doesn't matter . Leveling up slow was a thing of the past 
  • VoeVoe Posts: 337
    and no commanders or cast equipment will be burned out quit . You also learn the game taking you're time . I have to agree with last post . Before events made sense to level up slow . Now with all the events with commanders and cast I guess it doesn't matter . Leveling up slow was a thing of the past 
    I still think it's better to level up slowly. Getting good equipment from events is only half the battle. You need to know how to use it properly. I've seen players who rubied their way through the game far too quickly, and ended up in a situation where they were level 70, but couldn't even set their own defence without advice, and constantly had to ask what the best setup was for new events etc. Generally speaking, players who level up at a sensible pace have time to learn the game mechanics before they reach the legendary levels. 

• Sir rubio we still have wars ie : war games and so you need to have built a good slowly built bases . My alliance recently faced a server war and many of my members did not fair very well bcs they were fast built and did not understand the stratagies of the game at all . 
    bulderdash @ GG 2
  • I am hopeing that someone here can answer a question of how do we get or earn the pennies for the wishing wells we all invested in hmm , anyway, i am hopeing someone here may know how to earn them please 
    bulderdash @ GG 2
  • VoeVoe Posts: 337
    I am hopeing that someone here can answer a question of how do we get or earn the pennies for the wishing wells we all invested in hmm , anyway, i am hopeing someone here may know how to earn them please 

Hi bulderdash. The Lucky Pennies are actually being fazed out of the game. They had a bigger impact on the in-game economy than expected, they GGS decided to remove them completely. Players who still have Lucky Pennies can continue to use them in the Wishing Well, or they can trade them in at the Apprentice Coin Maker.

• Voe said:
    I still think it's better to level up slowly. Getting good equipment from events is only half the battle. You need to know how to use it properly. I've seen players who rubied their way through the game far too quickly, and ended up in a situation where they were level 70, but couldn't even set their own defence without advice, and constantly had to ask what the best setup was for new events etc. Generally speaking, players who level up at a sensible pace have time to learn the game mechanics before they reach the legendary levels. 

Yes leveling up solwely does work indeed. But if you are an expierenced player already i would still recommend to go to lvl 70 asap.

You dont need an overpowered castallen. I use the kala which is great but a fire castellan will do to.

Hey :D

• DO NOT BUY the Willow of Experience... you can never get rid of it and forever will it haunt your leveling destiny!
  • Just spend 10mil rubies to upgrade it for good PO
    Master Chaz @ GG 1
  • Lol. Glory memorial same price and is way better. Similar PO too. 
  • Poldark (INT4)Poldark (INT4) INT4 Posts: 1

Good advice and join Aquila domum

• LagerthaLagertha Posts: 973
    DO NOT BUY the Willow of Experience... you can never get rid of it and forever will it haunt your leveling destiny!
    Update as of a few updates ago the willow of experience can be destroyed.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
Sign In to comment.