Home Strategy, Tips & Tactics

Relocating Main Castle

Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
edited 24.06.2015 in Strategy, Tips & Tactics
To relocate your main castle:

1. Admin
2. Economy
3. Select the tab with the throne icon (the 'admin' tab)
4. Then 'relocate castle'
5. You can then select a ruin on the map to see how long until that ruin becomes free to occupy
6. Once the time expires, you must be first to claim the ruin
7. *EDIT* There has been diffulty for some users with the timer reaching zero and a dash symbol showing. Once this happens, keep refreshing the map by entering and exiting castle relocate mode. Once the map has refreshed you will then be able to select the now free ruin but this will not be done automatically.

After you've claimed a ruin, there is a waiting period before the location of your main castle changes. During this time you cannot move resources or soldiers to or from your main castle; so plan ahead! The first move is free but after that you will need to use rubies to move your main castle. Outposts cannot be moved and are not effected by moving your main castle.
Post edited by Lord Redrum on
Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED

Comments

• Lord FarrLord Farr Posts: 6
    edited 10.12.2013
    What happens to your outposts if you move your castle?
    Lord Farr @ GG 1
  • Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
    edited 10.12.2013
    They stay where they are. Unfortunately you can't move outposts (damn)

RETIRED
  • Lord FarrLord Farr Posts: 6
    edited 10.12.2013
    In which case why would you move your castle?
    Lord Farr @ GG 1
    edited 10.12.2013
    So it's closer to a certain outpost? More central between your outposts? If you're a new player with no/one outpost then you could move closer to an ally

RETIRED
  • King CoachKing Coach Posts: 1
    edited 10.12.2013
    Does everything (buildings, resources, troops) move with to the new location? Does this also include ruby buildings?
    King Coach @ GG 1
    edited 10.12.2013
    Since I haven't been able to move my main castle yet, I can't honestly claim to know the answer to this one. I would assume that nothing about your main castle changes- except of course it's location

RETIRED
  • helper5helper5 Posts: 5
    edited 12.12.2013
    It´s not possible to move castle. I tried it more than 20x but still same problem - castle location is occupied by a ruin - expected to be free in: 1min, then 10second.... but I wait and trying it... no move possible - this castle was occupied by a ruin...more than 5other minutes i tried again and again...then come new other member and has this place. I woke up for it at night.. :(
    helper @ GG 2
  • - Kolka -- Kolka - Posts: 1
    edited 12.12.2013
    Hello all, any further updates on castle moves? I am considering a move but clearly don't want to rebuild from scratch.
    - Kolka - @ GG 1
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 258
    edited 12.12.2013
    - Kolka - wrote: »
    Hello all, any further updates on castle moves? I am considering a move but clearly don't want to rebuild from scratch.

Hi Kolka,

When you move your Castle it will stay exactly how it was before the move, with all the buildings and decorations within it. Your outposts however, will not move with the Castle.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve.
    edited 12.12.2013
    but it´s impossible to move castle... does not work on the site of the ruins of. afther time left still not work
    helper @ GG 2
  • gossie1gossie1 Posts: 3
    edited 12.12.2013
    I agree with this, I have alliance members that are wanting to move closer to me. They have been trying for last 2weeks and every time the ruin spot they are trying to get is allocated to a new user. It is impossible to be quicker than the system.
    gossie1 @ GG 1
  • BiiiLiiiBiiiLiii Posts: 56
    edited 12.12.2013
    Will try relocating in the next 2 hours, i know you need to be quick and make it in a moment...but if that doesnt work, try locations closer to the edge of the map. I think sistem first puts new players closest to the center. But its a preety big lose lose situation going away from all the action :/ will report if i made it :D

Btw, maybe the system should be tweaked a lil to give atleast a minute of time on a ruin before puting a fresh player on :)
    BiiiLiii @ GG 2
    edited 12.12.2013
    Ok just tried, waited the timeout to the second, the last notice i got said that the slot is ocupied by a ruin (no countdown left at this moment) i press ok and a fresh castle is there already.
    In other words i totaly agree, one has no chance to relocate, except on the total edge on the map.

Castle relication totaly useless!!

If someone has any input on this pls share..
    BiiiLiii @ GG 2
    edited 12.12.2013
    Try contacting support they might be able to help you. Send them the coordinates of the ruin you want to move to and explain your situation

RETIRED
    edited 12.12.2013
    I have same problem... :(
    helper @ GG 2
    edited 13.12.2013
    I have seen one player from a friendy alliance who moved, but is a lil closer to the edge, i will ask him also ;) maybe i just was not fast enough :D
    BiiiLiii @ GG 2
  • gossie1gossie1 Posts: 3
    edited 13.12.2013
    I have spoken with other players who advise if is a waste of time trying to relocate. They all say try recruiting or join alliances that are already near you, and be carful of Who you attack.
    I think doing this defeats the object of the game slightly. Especially when that forces me to join an alliance that I don't want too or have little choice of who to attack because all players around me are higher level and all in large alliances.

I agree with Biiiliii, system should be tweaked even if to allow a 30 sec window of opportunity for you to place a claim over a ruin spot.
    gossie1 @ GG 1
    edited 13.12.2013
    Try contacting support they might be able to help you. Send them the coordinates of the ruin you want to move to and explain your situation

help on support? :D They have no desire to help -deride us.
    helper @ GG 2
  • CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 258
    edited 13.12.2013
    Hi Guys,

As I have stated in another thread, it is simply a matter of the games mechanics. When a new player joins, the game will try and place them in a well populated area with a free spot. This is why you must be fast to try and claim these spots when the Ruins disappear! Other than that, there is nothing we can do as it is simply part of the game.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve.
    edited 13.12.2013
    I don´t sleep and trying again and again and nothing.
    please do not claim us that I have bad luck for 7 times if I try every second before and after the end of time
    helper @ GG 2
    edited 13.12.2013
    It is very possible to move castle without going to the edge of the map. Just keep checking. I know others who have done it and I have noticed free slots I could move to near me as well. So it really is bad luck

But persevere :)

RETIRED
  • DanLittleDanLittle Posts: 3
    edited 24.12.2013
    Not it really doesn't.
    DanLittle @ GG 1
  • JercarJercar Posts: 5
    edited 24.12.2013
    I can't move my castle a second time. The move button is staying grayed out. It will not let me select it
    Jercar @ GG 1
  • Bert BBert B Posts: 8
    edited 30.12.2013
    Hi Guys,

As I have stated in another thread, it is simply a matter of the games mechanics. When a new player joins, the game will try and place them in a well populated area with a free spot. This is why you must be fast to try and claim these spots when the Ruins disappear! Other than that, there is nothing we can do as it is simply part of the game.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve.
    Hi Steve, thanks for the explanation but this feature is SO frustrating. Wouldn't it be really straightforward to change the mechanics so that free slots have a 30sec window of availability to current players before releasing them to new players...? Would be a great upgrade to am otherwise great game!
    Bert B @ GG 1
  • wnatwnat Posts: 1
    edited 30.12.2013
    I have done all of everything u have said for the past two days I have clicked on the same spot that is free and yet still nothing has happened or changed and ia still free its getting a bit annoying and more words I aint going to put on here fix ur guys errors ... I want my castle to move to the spot I want before someone else takes it which ill have to wait who knows how long for another one yet this one has been free for awhile and nothing
    wnat @ GG 1
  • E StellE Stell Posts: 1
    edited 30.12.2013
    I need yo be able to move closer to my alliances and the computer will not allow me to do so before Its taken by Another PlayeR this time I will need 48 hours and even county down to the last second and it was still taken from me...frustrating to say leasttired
    E Stell @ GG 2
  • Mary The WiseMary The Wise Posts: 2
    edited 08.01.2014
    I understand I feel the same way can't move can't defend but so much and the rest of the time iam putting out fire When I should be in joy the
    Mary The Wise @ GG 1
  • ammar117ammar117 Posts: 2
    edited 08.01.2014
    Hey does anybody knows that how much times can v move in gg empire android
    ammar1 @ GG 1
  • kkdkkdkkkkdkkdkk Posts: 7
    edited 12.01.2014
    Hi Steve

If this is a matter of games mechanics then IMO the mechanics must be changed. I have spent more than a couple of hours trying to relocate a castle and it is a maddening experience.

Anytime the counter goes down to zero either another castle appears or the time left shows ' - ' and it is still greyed out. What does a spot that is ok to move to look like anyway?!

Surely an option to get round this would be to allow each player one window at a time where they could reserve a spot. If after a specified time, maybe 1 hour or even 5 minutes, then the site becomes fair game for anyone else. Remember most people will be moving from another site in a heavily populated area that will be freed up immediately for someone else.
    kkdkkdkk @ GG 1
  • Bert BBert B Posts: 8
    edited 08.02.2014
    Very good point kkd. They don't seem interested in sorting out this bug or improving the game. I know players are giving up and leaving because of this.
    Bert B @ GG 1
Sign In to comment.