edited 16.07.2017 in Strategy, Tips & Tactics
Coming soon... D
Post edited by Voe on
Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED

Comments

• Jack HoleJack Hole Posts: 2
    edited 14.10.2013
    If i capture someone else's outpost, Does it start me from scratch? or do i get to keep all their hard work?
    Jack Hole @ GG 1
  • Lord RedrumLord Redrum Posts: 979
    edited 15.10.2013
    You keep all their hard work. I'll post a full guide soon but waiting til I've finished my own capture attack

RETIRED
    edited 16.10.2013
    Firstly, some thing dab out how a capture attacks which are different to normal attacks and some general information
    *you cannot get honour points from them although you can get glory points and this is the same for defending attacks attempting to oust you from your victim (this I know from bitter experience as I had 40+ attempts to get me out)
    *capture attacks are very slow
    *you must occupy the outpost for 24 hours before it becomes yours. If all your soldiers in your original capture attack die, or if you pull them out, you will fail
    *you cannot send as large an army
    *you can station extra troops at the outpost during the 24 hours and get support from your alliance members. There is a glitch at the moment which shows a much longer time to reach the outpost when sending support compared to how long it actually takes
    *when you take over the outpost some of the buildings will be destroyed. They will turn to rubble which has a negative effect on public order but takes a short while to demolish and gives a good amount of resources about 3-500 wood and stone
    *if you have attacks during the 24 hour holding period you will not be able to adjust how your defenses are set up

Tips
    *try and target a player who is inactive. Check the loot collection rankings to see if your target is still active. Having an active target makes holding the outpost costly
    *send some attacks to arrive just before your capture attack arrives so that you are more likely to succeed in your capture
    *if you are stealing an active players outpost or an outpost that's far away station as much defense as you and your alliance can spare. Talk with your alliance beforehand and hopefully they will commit to helping you. That is the point of an alliance in the end :)

If you are in GB world 5 find me and take a look at my shiny new outpost 'Vigone' stolen from the level 60 player from knights Templar called 'Vigo' who is quitting.

RETIRED
  • TOTAL2TOTAL2 Posts: 15
    edited 18.10.2013
    Can you actually have more than 3 outposts?
    TOTAL2 @ GG 2
    edited 18.10.2013
    Nope only 3

RETIRED
  • king w1stking w1st Posts: 62
    edited 19.10.2013
    You keep what's there you just need a strong defence , your alliance may need to support with this as you need to hold it for 24 hours before it's yours, if you pull it off its ground breaking
    king w1st @ GG 1
  • Jasmine of ArchJasmine of Arch Posts: 1
    edited 25.10.2013
    How do you abandon your outpost so that you have an open spot to capture someone elses?
    Jasmine of Arch @ GG 1
    edited 25.10.2013
    You have to go to admins then economy then select the tab with a throne symbol then scroll through your castles by pressing the arrows and when you reach the when you want to abandon select surrender outpost. It will take 24 hours

RETIRED
  • ArkonnArkonn Posts: 32
    edited 26.10.2013
    So if I was to abandon an outpost that I built up to grab a different one, do any of the buildings stay for the next person to grab it like capturing? Or does it start from scratch again?
    Arkonn @ GG 1
    edited 26.10.2013
    The outpost you abandon will completely reset and the outpost you capture will lose a few of the original owners buildings

RETIRED
  • Naveen10Naveen10 Posts: 106
    edited 26.10.2013
    Lord Redrum,
    How do you cancel an outpost capture attempt in progress?
    Thanks,
    Naveen
    Naveen @ GG 1
    edited 26.10.2013
    You need to select the white flag if you're on the map or if you are in movements tab then press the stop/cancel button. If you don't have either of these than you can't retreat. If you're holding another players outpost then you can withdraw your army by selecting the outpost or again going to movements and pressing the stop/cancel button

RETIRED
  • Sir LinksalotSir Linksalot Posts: 94
    edited 28.10.2013
    I know the buildings convey to the new owner assuming they haven't burned to rubble, but does that include all upgrades and/or buildings that are above the new owner's level (i.e. a moat for a level 28 new owner)?
    Sir Linksalot @ GG 1
    edited 28.10.2013
    Yes I captured an outpost with level 4 walls and keep which didn't burn down even though I haven't unlocked them yet. I think buildings which you can't demolish can't turn to rubble. Moats can't be demolished so you should be fine there

RETIRED
  • Sir LinksalotSir Linksalot Posts: 94
    edited 28.10.2013
    Thanks for the confirmation, Lord. I was fairly certain that was the case, but when a teammate questioned it I started second guessing myself.
    Sir Linksalot @ GG 1
  • AxeGrindAxeGrind Posts: 8
    edited 10.11.2013
    What happens if I send my Castellan out and the guy I am taking the outpost from puts on active protection just before I get there? I did this and Active Protection for him just came into effect. It took me a long time to build up that army... I really don't want to lose it. Does my army just poof back to my castle or do they all die?
    AxeGrind @ GG 1
    edited 10.11.2013
    You definitely won't lose your army. Whether you'll still capture the outpost or not... I'm guessing you won't.

RETIRED
  • Prince MateoPrince Mateo Posts: 10
    edited 28.12.2013
    Hi, am about to leave my old outpost in order to capture one from inactive player, do I need to demolish buildings in that outpost am leaving?what will happen with the troops they stationed there after pressing surrender outpost?do I have to move them before? What will happen with all those resources they still ther?should I transport them before surrender? Or can I do it after?thanks for answering my questions.
    Prince Mateo @ GG 1
    edited 28.12.2013
    Everything you have in an abandoned outpost will be lost. Troops, resources, buildings- the lot. Definitely move as much as you can out.

RETIRED
    edited 28.12.2013
    So I dont need to demolish buildings before surrender? They just get lost ? Just dont want other player to come n get ready build up outpost with which I had a lot of work...am demolishing at the moment..as u suggested I will transport everything out and then surrender..thanks for the answer
    Prince Mateo @ GG 1
    edited 28.12.2013
    So I dont need to demolish buildings?just dont want other player will get ready build up outpost in which I put a lot of time, I should transport everything out and then surrender thats what u suggested?
    Prince Mateo @ GG 1
    edited 29.12.2013
    Yeah that's right. You don't need to demolish the buildings that will be done automatically

RETIRED
  • FuchNotingVilleFuchNotingVille Posts: 2
    edited 02.01.2014
    Correct in that you do not need to demolish your buildings. BUT, by demolishing them, you do gain some wood. It takes time to demolish. If you have time and want some of your investment back, demolish. If you are out of time, remove as many troops and resources as you can as suggested by Lord Redrum and split.
    FuchNotingVille @ GG 1
  • deywuzsootiddeywuzsootid Posts: 3
    edited 16.01.2014
    Hey Rum, thanks for the bullet points. I definitely understand how to go about getting an outpost should I want one.... Would you mind helping a newb out with why I do want an outpost? What's the advantage? I know I must need them, just not sure why. Also what level would you reco capturing your first?
    deywuzsootid @ GG 1
    edited 16.01.2014
    They produce resources which help you to build your castles up and grow your army! I recommend going for sparkly food outposts if you're thinking of being a competitive player. I would capture a new outpost as soon as you build/upgrade your estate

RETIRED
  • ANTHISLAND (US1)ANTHISLAND (US1) US1 Posts: 40
    edited 16.01.2014
    Hey, I like this, if I may? You can no longer watch coin collection to check activity, since GG up and took it away. Other than that it looks good.
    ANTHISLAND @ GG 1
  • Madame BaMadame Ba Posts: 1
    edited 16.01.2014
    Where do I find coin collection rankings
    Madame Ba @ GG 1
    edited 16.01.2014
    Oh yeah that's true. I'll edit that out

RETIRED
  • Hayleys KindomHayleys Kindom Posts: 1
    edited 22.01.2014
    I want to abandon an outpost to capture a new one. But how long do I need to wait before I capture a new one after abandoning one?
    Hayleys Kindom @ GG 2
    edited 22.01.2014
    It takes 24 hours to abandon an outpost. After you've abandoned the outpost you can capture a new one straight away.

RETIRED
Sign In to comment.