This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Update - Berimond Invades the Great Empire

Comments

• salt1234 (INT1)salt1234 (INT1) Posts: 41INT1
    Having played the berimond update, I think you went too far on the coin rebalancing.

Losing anywhere from 25 to 100 troops on a berimond camp attack with a 90/90 commander and tools to negate all wall, gate, and range defenses to loot 3k coins (regardless of other bonuses of exotics) is a bit too far.

I am okay if the attack results in a little loss of coins since the gains of exotic resources, wood,stone,food are good, and the event does help replace troop loss by hitting alliance milestones, but a 90% reduction (compared to nomads before the update) is too much.

Plus, there is no incentive to spend rubies on boosters if your number of attacks is going to be limited by how much gold you have (even with feasting to help on the recruitment time, you can't afford to lose 1 mil gold per 80 hits when the event requires 300 hits to complete).

Just my 3 cents.

It doesn't require 300 hits.  All you need to do is spend 50-100k rubies on reputation boosters.
    salt1234 @ WWW 1
  • nottma (US1)nottma (US1) Posts: 26
    edited 26.02.2016
    Let's have fun with math.
    (15000-200)/50 = 296 AtW (Attacks to Win)

4% booster = 85 rubies * 25 = 2125 ruby cost per hit

You can easily boost each attack with 390 boosters = 33150 rubies
    This will make that single attack worth 16.6 Attacks = 17.83 Attacks to Win
    Total Ruby usage ~ 591108

I will leave calculating the $ to ruby rate to you guys.... (hint. It matchs close to the largest purchase option on prime day)

So you decided to say screw ruby use?
    Okay well 296 hits is a lot! Let's even pretend your troops instantly return home after each attack.
    30 seconds to scout
    30 seconds to setup
    used manlets? ~20 min attack time
    used special tools? ~12 min
    throw a feather in? ~ 6 min

best cast scenario 7 min attacks * 296 = 2072 min or 1d 10h 32m ( Doable without a life but unrealistic)
    expected scenario 13 min attacks * 296 = 3848 min or 2d 10h 8m ( You really need to re-evaluate life chooses)
    no-ruby scenario 21 min attacks * 296 = 6216 min or 4d 7h 36m (Your chance for success has passed you already)

Yes I know you can get like 365 cheap boosters free. They account for 7.3 attacks worth.  21m * 288.7 = 4d 5h 2.7m .. nope still a no go.

TL;DR  New Beri event is a whole lot of nope.
  • I also agreed by Commando ,
    The good thing (the coin) they have taken from the game an attack cost 5K and spy cost minimum 1K where as they give only 3K? and the troops lost are extra i.e the attack is in loss!?
    I request good game community to please change this because this game has most reputation game.
    No player is liking this they can made the survey for this so they know that what the importance of coin

danyal3 @ usa 1
  • It seems GGE is telling the non ruby and low ruby players to please leave. As a teacher I play to get away from the real life and evil influence of the golden rule. For a quite a while I have seen GGE make this game about money interests, not game balance so its fun for all. I understand wanting to make money but when you toss game balance and a large part of your gamers under the VW bus...its just not fun now. The trend of making tourneys and contests spending races, decent equipment completely out of reach of the hard working player but non-low spender and now taking away coins makes this game more work then fun. It used to be that with hard work and good play a non ruby or low ruby buyer could be have impact against those purchasing and be able to be a challenge. Those days are gone. I would have a lot more respect for GGE if they told non ruby and low ruby players that they are piñatas for the ruby players instead of pretending they actually have a chance.
  • Having played the berimond update, I think you went too far on the coin rebalancing.

Losing anywhere from 25 to 100 troops on a berimond camp attack with a 90/90 commander and tools to negate all wall, gate, and range defenses to loot 3k coins (regardless of other bonuses of exotics) is a bit too far.

I am okay if the attack results in a little loss of coins since the gains of exotic resources, wood,stone,food are good, and the event does help replace troop loss by hitting alliance milestones, but a 90% reduction (compared to nomads before the update) is too much.

Plus, there is no incentive to spend rubies on boosters if your number of attacks is going to be limited by how much gold you have (even with feasting to help on the recruitment time, you can't afford to lose 1 mil gold per 80 hits when the event requires 300 hits to complete).

Just my 3 cents.

It doesn't require 300 hits.  All you need to do is spend 50-100k rubies on reputation boosters.
    i just spent 90k on bosters and got 700 points

THE MISC
  • Question to CM (not sure if it has been asked, but me not going to read 11 pages prior to this post):
    What is the point having gallantry point in this in-kingdom berimont event? All rewards comes with the rank over gallantry points up to and including Guardian of the Sword seems only available to out-kingdom berimond event (the old event), like auxiliary space, morale, berimond special troops recruitment, etc. So what's the point of having gallantry points, except the top 6 title, which MAY have effect in green?????

Also my opinion on coin reduction, I can understand why the coin is reduced, BUT it's reduced to too much. It should be still good enough to offer incentive, not as much as before but definitely not as less now.
  • I, FOR ONE, DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW STYLE OF BERIMOND!

I want the coin loot along with the rubies, RUBIES! Hate that I have to use my own men too. Where are the ones u can recruit? Oh wait, I just went broke, uh o.

This is a great way for the alliance to earn rewards and all, but everything else about it just stinks. Waste more coins on these camps than you gain. It's hard enough to build tools (seeing as I only use resources and two slots, really), why can't it be like Legends of Honor where u can build to the max of your resources if u want? Could've just left Beri the way it was. It makes one feel privilege to even enter Beri and the mere mention of Beri use to get me all excited. Now, I'm like... 'okay... well off to the next camp for a reward, but dang my hospital is full'. 

**I would love to express my feelings about this new update but enough has been said already.**

Urgh, just not very happy. I'm just complaining and venting my non-excitement about Beri :(

I guess the the pro is the alliance rewards, well the rewards in general is awesome!! But the CONS are little coin loot, cost too much in coins, no rubies and a bit confusing at the start. I think some of my tools are missing too from the last Beri event. *SIGH*

What's exciting?!?
    I got something that could get you excited ;)

LOL, what's exciting? I have a feeling your comment is gonna be way off the mark. XDD

• looks like the general concences says bring back the coins, how could they possibly hurt the balance ?
  • looks like the general concences says bring back the coins, how could they possibly hurt the balance ?
    they act like coins make a big difference in this game 

THE MISC
  • my question is,.... are the berimond camps supposed to change lvl randomly?  I hit a lvl 70 camp and it changed to a lvl 62.....hit a lvl 62 yesterday and it changed to a lvl 69....is this the way it's supposed to work?
    Reeker @ usa 1
  • @CM Popeye  and @CM Arcanine as you can see most players from the US and on US1 Server all agree that the New Berimond is not even close to being an event..

I am not much of a Ruby buyer anymore...

So I do rely on coins to recruit troops with, well that is until this Berimond event..As with the out put of coins from the Berimond camps do not even cover replacing troops..

My vote on the New Berimond is a Big Thumbs Down..

When I have to do a Aristicratic Feast for 80K Food and in 6 hours can only recruit enough troops to fill 2 waves when attacking one camp and lose around 100 troops per hit..not even worth my time playing this event anymore..

Second thing is that I have to attack EverWinter and Sands Towers to get enough coins to replace those troops atleast 20 each..and then having to replace troops when doing that also..I am not getting anywhere at all..

If Berimond was done the way you say it was @CM Popeye to level the playing field I very much disagree with you 100%..

What you have done is quite the opposite and made it where only those that can afford to buy Rubbies will survive..

You want to level the playing field I suggest you raise the price of the Rubbies to where only millionaires can afford them..then we are at a level playing field since no one can afford the high prices that GGE has set for Ruby buying..   
  • Question to CM (not sure if it has been asked, but me not going to read 11 pages prior to this post):
    What is the point having gallantry point in this in-kingdom berimont event? All rewards comes with the rank over gallantry points up to and including Guardian of the Sword seems only available to out-kingdom berimond event (the old event), like auxiliary space, morale, berimond special troops recruitment, etc. So what's the point of having gallantry points, except the top 6 title, which MAY have effect in green?????

Also my opinion on coin reduction, I can understand why the coin is reduced, BUT it's reduced to too much. It should be still good enough to offer incentive, not as much as before but definitely not as less now.
    ^ Ok, apparently recruiting special troops works also in green. But I don't see how extra aux & morale is beneficial at in-kingdom beri event.

And what happened with ability to loot Ore? Anyone can confirm pls? I can't loot Ore. I wonder if it's because I was lvl 69 when the event start and now become 70 and my camp stuck Oreless?????? Knowing the non-existence of coding skill for GGS developer, I'm not surprised that this is the case.
  • New Berimond Update / General Feedback...

The event itself is fine in its gameplay.  I like that it added an alliance component to the reward system.  I also think that the rewards for the points are fine for the amount of effort required to get them. The randomization is kind of neat, and the inclusion of kingdom resources into the camps has the potential of helping players build the lvl 70 buildings a bit easier.  I say potential because see item 3 below.  Here are my criticisms:

1) Coin output: This will apply to nomads/sams too.  Coins are the lifeblood of the non-ruby buyer.  In another thread, it was mentioned that the reduction was to balance the game economy.  Balance it against what?  It is clear immediately that reducing coin is an attempt to get people to buy those demon offers more frequently to supplement their troop supply because they won't be able to keep up with coin income to be able to play events, use the technicus, and use things like the armorer. This type of move is going to make your free-player community die because the game will no longer be fun to play.  Even as a moderate ruby buyer, I am already seeing the effect of fewer coins on my own ability to actually play the game.  I spent most of my playing time today hitting towers and dragons, which believe it or not, is not fun and does not make me want to play this game, never mind this new event.  As it stands, without a profit of some kind there is no incentive to play the events. Players need to be able to recruit troops to keep playing.  If they can't do that, the only ones left able to play are the ruby buyers.

2) Tool Slots:  The amount of tools able to be put into the berimond camps is absurd.  It is intentionally designed so that you can't match the percentages with resource tools, only ruby tools.  The result is that a free player loses 170 troops on a lvl 63 camp, while the ruby player loses 17 with the same commander.  Compound that with the reduced coins and a free player can play berimond for approximately 30 minutes before running out of troops to play with.  Then must spend the next week looting towers.  

3) Kingdom resources:  With the output of kingdom resources that these camps give there is a big incentive for non-ruby buyers to play this event.  It is an opportunity to get a significant amount of glass and ore, even oil and charcoal in green where it is primarily used.  It makes it so that a non-ruby buyer doesn't have to wait 2 months between HoL upgrades, etc.  However, because of the high troops loss and low coin return that excitement is shortlived because of the significantly reduced playing time in the event.

My point here, GGE, is that you want people to play your game.  The more time we spend in the game, the more you'd expect to profit.  You really need to find the balance between enticing people to buy rubies/troops to gain that edge over the competition and REQUIRING a ruby purchase to just play.  If it's the latter, you're going to see people walk out the door quickly as they become discouraged at how un-fun the game has become.  It shouldn't cost $500/mo to be successful in this game.  Entice me to buy rubies, don't force me.  The second you force me is when I walk away.
    IronBeagle @ usa 1
  • @Peter John (US1) one of the questions that remains unanswered is why we can not have a slot or two slots to recruit the Berimond troops themselves..as we all know the troop strength of those troops is superior to the ones we normally use in other Kingdoms...

The way that GGE set it up is by adding Reputation to replace the old way of building camps and adding drill grounds to increase our troop strength...Only problem is you have to be a ruby buyer to get that boost...unless you have the rubbies already and can purchase the Reputation Booster..

Just another short fall to make the non-ruby buyer come up short...

About the Ore I can still loot Ore but it is such a small amount now it is almost not even worth hitting to loot it..another way GGE is phasing out looting to make it where a player has to buy the resources from the merchant now.. 
  • I do not mined the toughness of the camps or the lack of coin. It encourages me to attack more towers in sand and fire, where there is few loses and good coin. What I do not like is the amount of ruby tools you need and the lack of them in the rewards. It would be nice if there were more reputation tools/shields and gallantry point tools.
    Wendy Hnatuik @ usa 1
  • visionman (ASIA1)visionman (ASIA1) Posts: 403
    edited 27.02.2016
    I am over lvl 70, but a non-ruby buyer.  I am greatly enjoying this event, and the rewards it provides.  It takes skill and strategy to do.  Well worth the "cost" in coins and troops, IMO.  I like this better than FCs by far!

And once you make Fearbringer, you can recruit the imperial bowmen, just like in regular Berimond (which I have not played yet in this game!)  Long live Greenberi!!!
  • After 1 day of hitting the camps non-stop I see no point in going on in this event. 

The coins are to little for the losses. 
    The "Loot" is really not that great.
    The effort to get enough loot like Ore for upgrades is just to hard. 

There is just no "Fun" in this event.  Do not care about titles either.

Just an opinion and will sit this event out.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • IronBeagle @ usa 1 makes some very good points in his post. The one area where I would disagree is his point on resources. The return on iron and glass is a honey trap, An active player can loot considerable amounts of premium resources from his RB's (if you have bothered to lvl them up) and the FL's. This is done in a far more cost effective way as it relates to tools and coin used to pull those resources. I should also note that the premium resource return from the camps only benefit the lvl 70 players and thus compounds frustration for the all the other players in the game as they see no "silver lining".

The issue here is the Devs at GGE empire have likely been charged with coming up with a way to increase revenue by the bean counters, It seems they had a think tank and decided that economic model of the game could be adjusted to "force" people to spend more money to maintain a decent position in the game. they did this under the theroy that the "coin" in the game was becoming devalued and to easy to obtain. Last week they floated the idea of reducing the coin drop in events and seem to be using this as a test bed for that theory. 

In my view if GGE does not adjust the currant event and continue's push on with this plan and reduce the coin drop in other events they are crossing the Rubicon with many of us. "Entice me to buy rubies, don't force me". I am currently looking at other platforms and will not spend any money here until this shakes out.  

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

• If you are a non-ruby buyer, you can still have fun and achieve a lot in this game.  But you are never going to come close to challenging the ruby buyers in events and contests.  And there's no way GGS is going to make it so you can...ever.  

Have to have different goals.
Sign In to comment.