This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Server Downtime 23/24.02

Comments

• Looks like not personal problem. I just worried about my troops.
  • hugs?  who needs em I gots hugs

I was thinkin about it bro, then I remembered that you said earlier you got that itch...lolz
    jimbo6 @ usa 1
  • I am almost certain that their IT teams are actively working on a resolution to the problem.  Understand, that the CMs are glorified PR employees and work regular hours. There is no need for them to work past their normal shifts.  IT teams will work around the clock to resolve whatever the issue may be. 
    giphy.gif

“When I say Who’s the Master?!? You say SHO’NUFF!!!!”
  • So do we have a time estimate for when it will be back up yet?
  • TWR (US1) said:
    So do we have a time estimate for when it will be back up yet?
    Yes, maybe about December  20th 2019.
    Thats the closest esimate
    I'm Alex121 on US1. I got SOO bored waiting, I made this account on Int1.

Good thing I know how to speak German...and use google translate...
  • This has to be a hacker. I don't see any other way it could of been out this long. Also the reason Popeye wouldn't tell us what was wrong. I hate to say this but it probably won't come on today. Hope I'm wrong.
    I agree that this must be a more serious issue.  A full restore to a backup doesn't take this long.  Similarly adjusting food etc is not a time consuming task.
    This has to be a hacker. I don't see any other way it could of been out this long. Also the reason Popeye wouldn't tell us what was wrong. I hate to say this but it probably won't come on today. Hope I'm wrong.
    I agree that this must be a more serious issue.  A full restore to a backup doesn't take this long.  Similarly adjusting food etc is not a time consuming task.
    Quick little bit of education for the non-techies out there: Fact One: The company is located in Germany. Fact Two: The server is located in the US (likely on the East Coast). Fact Three: Rollbacks require the physical presence of a human being. Fact Four: Power outages all over the East Coast due to bad weather. Fact Five: The company is losing a lot of revenue every hour the server is down. 

I'm sure they're just as frustrated as we all are. It's been over 24 hours for me here on the West Coast but I also have had personal experience with major server farm crashes (I had one on a US military base back in 1999 that took my team 2 days to get running again) so I feel for GGE Support team since they are at the mercy of a company 1000s of miles from them. Let's just all be patient, okay?

Pastor Jon
  • 25 HOURS LATER AND STILL NO SERVER.. wonder how many demons I have left????
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
  • DUDE, it's hard enough not being able to play, but was I the only one having issues trying to log onto the forums. This is getting whacked up.

I say we get our pitchforks and torches out and storm ggs

Shoo.. I kinda agree with this comment since I was locked out. LOL.. XDD

• DUDE, it's hard enough not being able to play, but was I the only one having issues trying to log onto the forums. This is getting whacked up.

I was too
    I'm Alex121 on US1. I got SOO bored waiting, I made this account on Int1.

Good thing I know how to speak German...and use google translate...
    @WARRIORCHRIS69 (US1)

they will reset the sever to right before it crashed
    A Level 55 Player!

I say we get our pitchforks and torches out and storm ggs

Shoo.. I kinda agree with this comment since I was locked out. LOL.. XDD
    I was getting locked out of forums too, just go in about 5min ago
    A Level 55 Player!
  • Same Old sht GGE screws us over
    grower316 @ usa 1
  • This has to be a hacker. I don't see any other way it could of been out this long. Also the reason Popeye wouldn't tell us what was wrong. I hate to say this but it probably won't come on today. Hope I'm wrong.
    This has to be a hacker. I don't see any other way it could of been out this long. Also the reason Popeye wouldn't tell us what was wrong. I hate to say this but it probably won't come on today. Hope I'm wrong.
    Quick little bit of education for the non-techies out there: Fact One: The company is located in Germany. Fact Two: The server is located in the US (likely on the East Coast). Fact Three: Rollbacks require the physical presence of a human being. Fact Four: Power outages all over the East Coast due to bad weather. Fact Five: The company is losing a lot of revenue every hour the server is down. 

I'm sure they're just as frustrated as we all are. It's been over 24 hours for me here on the West Coast but I also have had personal experience with major server farm crashes (I had one on a US military base back in 1999 that took my team 2 days to get running again) so I feel for GGE Support team since they are at the mercy of a company 1000s of miles from them. Let's just all be patient, okay?

Pastor Jon

I agree with you Pastor Jon, I know the headaches that goes with this type of situation. I have had the same issue with an aviation system and that's not funny when it comes to safety of flight issues. But we have backup systems and sites luckily that prevents those issues.
  • CM Popeye said at 6:27 am (not sure which time zone) that the server would be back up shortly.  If this is EST time, it is now 7 1/2 hours after he made this announcement and the g^&&^%##m server is still down.  I really hate it when people lie to you.  

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • CM Popeye said at 6:27 am (not sure which time zone) that the server would be back up shortly.  If this is EST time, it is now 7 1/2 hours after he made this announcement and the g^&&^%##m server is still down.  I really hate it when people lie to you.  

Popeye also mentioned that he was mistaken in a post shortly after that. I am sure we will get updated about a time frame when they have a better idea of what is going on. He did apologize for his mistake very shortly after making that announcement.
    @WARRIORCHRIS69 (US1)

they will reset the sever to right before it crashed

THAT WAS AN HOUR AGO FOR ME..
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1

Popeye also mentioned that he was mistaken in a post shortly after that. I am sure we will get updated about a time frame when they have a better idea of what is going on. He did apologize for his mistake very shortly after making that announcement.
    He also said he was going home, and is likely in bed at this point.  I doubt we will have any communication before it is back online...or until around 2am EST when they get back to the office tomorrow...
  • Serious compensation will be a major factor for me & my future $$$ spending in the game. They got caught with there pants down. This should've never happened with the amount of money players spend in today's gaming market.
  • And I still can't get in - is ok I needed a vacation from the game
    Bakasan @ usa 1
  • *eye twitches*  

Panda needs his preciousssssss 
Sign In to comment.