Home English (US) Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Update - Berimond Invades the Great Empire

Comments

• only question is how much iron ore do we get per nomad/sammy hit? i am guessing some egregiously low amount like 5 iron per hit to "keep the game balanced."
    BeastMode
  • RedMarvel (US1)RedMarvel (US1) US1 Posts: 65

So... yesterday my Daily Tasks tab was in my book and working normally.

This morning, it's gone. 

It's not mentioned in the update notice - is it a bug?

RedMarvel @ Home in Toronto
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516

This morning, it's gone. 

yeah...a brand new bug confirmed on the english server by a cm.  has GGE ever implemented an update that didn't have bugs?
    commando @ usa 1
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713

This morning, it's gone. 

yeah...a brand new bug confirmed on the english server by a cm.  has GGE ever implemented an update that didn't have bugs?
    Yeah, there was that one time...
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    CM Popeye said:

This morning, it's gone. 

that 1 time must have been before i started 2 years ago.
    commando @ usa 1
  • Bakery update went off without a hitch...man that was painful. So so painful. 
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • I highly disapprove of this update.... specifically the lowering of coins.

ftdyfyjk @ usa 1
  • yon beast (US1)yon beast (US1) US1 Posts: 59

the list of daily tasks has been removed from my account.

354 days in a row its been there.

new update 'assumes' too much!

yon beast @ usa 1
  • ObarfoUser (US1)ObarfoUser (US1) US1 Posts: 114
    edited 18.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:

This morning, it's gone. 

Proof? Screenshot or it never ever happened....  :p
    ObarfoUser @ usa 1
  • CM Popeye said:
    Well I see that you guys are overall not so pleased with this update. After taking a look at the amount of coins that were being given for hitting samurais and nomads, the team responsible for balancing the game economy saw that too many coins were being given for the work that was put into the attacks. This devalues the coins in the end, so needed to be changed. To make up for the loss, the team decided to allow iron to be looted from these attacks.

Well whoever is responsible for "balancing the game economy" needs to be fired because they are dead WRONG.  Between recruiting, making 1% flags, buying ladders and rams, sending out attacks, and moving troops and tools to green, I have a hard time just trying to stay even, and I attack npc towers constantly.  I literally have timers that let me know when my towers are refreshed.  Not to gain coin, but just to keep me from running out of it!  I'm not part of the group who buys wood mantlets from the armorer and I still can't even make a profit, so just face it already, this game is screwing everybody over except the $500 a week ruby whales. 

JDBisAWESOME @ usa 1

"In my experience there is no such thing as luck-only highly favorable adjustments of multiple factors to incline events in one's favor."

• Callofktulu (US1)Callofktulu (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 18.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:
    I can understand not being happy about less coins, but this change was needed as they were simply giving too many coins for what was being done. This was having an effect on the balancing of the game, so we had to take action.

-Popeye

So how much "less coins" are we talking about here?  1%?  10%?  50%?  Worse?

If we are talking a small decrease in coins I can probably absorb the hit.  If we are talking a large decrease, say down to Foreign Invaders levels I will seriously consider quitting the game. 

EDIT:  Also I take issue with this:  "this change was needed as they were simply giving too many coins for what was being done."  The effort to produce enough tools to get through sams or nomads is nothing less than an every day grind.  If you suddenly make a topped out nomad tent drop the same amount of coins as a Foreign Invasion hit then I no longer have a reason to go to all that trouble and I no longer can finance tool enhancement at the Technicus.  Again, this is all speculation, why not just tell us how much "less coins" really is and then we can make comments on real numbers instead of conjecture. 
    Post edited by Callofktulu (US1) on
  • The latest update on daily tasks shows once more (how many times has this happened?) the mean and greedy side of GGE accountants. When will the gaming folks at GGE rebel and say no to the accountants?? 
    cal3cal @ usa 1
  • StrongEric4 (US1)StrongEric4 (US1) Posts: 295
    edited 18.02.2016

I'm "shocked" you all decided that Ruby players are more important then the average guy. Many players who invest time to remain competitive against the Ruby whales in the game are once again left in the cold.  Less coins means less to invest in upgrading armor and buy resource tools to compete in events. Just another nail in the coffin for me, at some point it will be closed and Eric will be playing another online game where the playing field is much more level

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

• TempranceTemprance Posts: 858
    CM Popeye said:
    Well I see that you guys are overall not so pleased with this update. After taking a look at the amount of coins that were being given for hitting samurais and nomads, the team responsible for balancing the game economy saw that too many coins were being given for the work that was put into the attacks. This devalues the coins in the end, so needed to be changed. To make up for the loss, the team decided to allow iron to be looted from these attacks.

Now some answers to a couple of questions I saw in here.

- The new Berimond camps will not attack you
    - Losing reputation with one faction will not cause anything to happen to you. It is possible to get participation rewards for hitting both factions
    - The 2 Berimond events should never be run at the same time

-Popeye
    The problem is that lowering the coins makes it almost impossible to keep up a high pace. Wooden mantlets require far too many coins as it is, and lowering the coins per camp is just a terrible idea. Top hitters will use 20k+ wooden mantlets per event and without the right amount of coins this is just not sustainable. The work does not come from each attack, it comes from the consistent grind of hitting hundreds of camps over and over again.Your team is looking at things from the wrong angle...again. I am certain they don't play these events to the same degree we do, or they would clearly see this.

Wooden mantlets should have been reduced in costs a long time ago, so perhaps this update has given the right time to do so.
    Exactly my point, unfortunately yet another aspect heavily overlooked by GGS...

Yes, would be excellent to see a cost reduction in mantlets as well and/or insta build for the coin increase tools otherwise it will be increasingly difficult to compete without spending rubies in this 'free' game

Temprance @ usa 1
  • Enough is enough first they take away the 700 demon reward for some ridiculous construction slot tool now they reduce our coins from nomad and samurai GGE needs to knock off making changes that adversely hurt their layers we are their bread and butter and they need to remember that. After my Traveler rewards I will not be hitting any Fl's until they change the reward back to Demons and I refuse to buy any more  rubies until they set it right again. Shame on GGE for constantly trying mess us over.

Melanie40 @ usa 1
  • Monster100 (ASIA1)Monster100 (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 338
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey lords and lordettes! Go ahead and leave any questions or feedback regarding our latest update in here. Now get ready to build your rep up and send out some greedy piggies;)

-Popeye
    Whats your game username?
    monster100 @ usa 1
  • Wow, I only see a couple people complaining about the effect the reduced coin will have on the technicus, and forging new equipment. Everyone else seems to be complaining about the fact that they will have a hard time buying wooden mantlets... why would you buy mantlets when you can produce them? Sure it is faster to buy them, but that coin could be used for other things. If you rely on buying mantlets, you should probably rethink your strategy. I only build my mantlets, and of course receive them as rewards. I keep a balance of about 500 of them, and am constantly producing more to maintain that balance. Of course there are times that I run out, but that means I must stop attacking for a day, which, as a good strategist, is what I do. Mantlets have always been too expensive to be worth buying, and ruby tools are only for attacking players in my opinion, so if you find this reduced coins from Nomads is going to give you problems with buying mantlets, try producing them like a normal person. 
    Also, has anyone considered that the Berimond camps in The Great Empire will probably drop coins as well?
    Seanb3 @ usa 1
  • I build mantlets and buy ladders and rams...I never buy a mantlet 

If you produce mantlets as part of your daily routine you can maintain enough on hand to get most anything done 

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

Sign In to comment.