This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Return of the Alliance Tournament

1235»

Comments

• I still think the Alliance Tournament is better than the FC event. But I think they should modified to make it more fair

When Corm was getting farmed. Good Ol'e Days
  • i like it  LOT 

• First let me make it clear I am not a fan of the alliance Tourney.  However, I do agree that many attacks sent by very high level players could be defended against.  Cheaply no, but they could be defend and the defenders could win.  The very big players had nothing to gain by sending undefensible attacks and toned down many of their attacks for that reason.

Are all big players that way.  NO but my hat off to those that were.  

As far as bonuses etc the big players have, well many earned them.  I do not begrudge them for that.  I have had very few issues with the super players and expect it continue.  

Decide what you are capable of in doing, then concentrate on that and slowly improve yourself.  Complaining the game is unfair will not help.  

• Relis (ASIA1)Relis (ASIA1) Posts: 1,402
    I think alliance tournament is ended.sadly i have never saw this event on my eyes.
    A Proud Member Asian Sensation.Which is a sub of Drunken Fist (But now we looks like a restaurant).
    18th in berimond invasion without buying rubies or having a bakery.
    Most active member of Asian Sensation.
    I always be alone in alliance chat like 3-4 hours :D
  • StrongEric4 (US1)StrongEric4 (US1) Posts: 295
    edited 07.02.2016
    The game is unbalanced and the line between the player who buy's the occasional ruby pack and players who's subsistence is fueled by ruby's is as wide as the Grand Canyon...you either have to learn to live with it and work with it or find another game that is more balanced to spend money in    

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

• We_Ner (US1)We_Ner (US1) Posts: 365
    edited 07.02.2016
    The game is unbalanced and the line between the player who buy's the occasional ruby pack and players who's subsistence is fueled by ruby's is as wide as the Grand Canyon...you either have to learn to live with it and work with it or find another game that is more balanced to spend money in   

Very well put. Like to add, if your resourceful, smart and network with people you can learn some tricks to getting attacks like those you speak of. Not everyone out there spent money/a lot of money to get what they have. Play events, get on good alliances, loot everyday and put the same amount of effort into the game as some do crying on these forums. If other players can figure out how to have full hall bonuses, 6 waves and do million glory hits on lords for free then anyone else can too. That is why you play hard and go to an alliance with experience, or like strong said go play something else. Whining in the forums is not going to help.

We_Ner @ usa 1

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    We_Ner (US1) said:Very well put. Like to add, if your resourceful, smart and network with people you can learn some tricks to getting attacks like those you speak of. Not everyone out there spent money/a lot of money to get what they have. Play events, get on good alliances, loot everyday and put the same amount of effort into the game as some do crying on these forums. If other players can figure out how to have full hall bonuses, 6 waves and do million glory hits on lords for free then anyone else can too. That is why you play hard and go to an alliance with experience, or like strong said go play something else. Whining in the forums is not going to help.

You're comparing the best skilled / experienced non-buyers against just random buyers who buy their way into relevance.
    No good.
    Simply put: purchasing rubies allows mediocre players to be on par with the heavily skilled & invested non-buyers, and that's what you're seeing with the similar granary / hall / npc events etc.  But all other things being equal, the skilled buyers are light years ahead of the skilled non-buyer, even though the non-buyer is often putting in more effort.  Consider:

A buyer can now purchase 15 demon armies at 20 different times during a week for a war.  And when they're used up, simply buy 15 more.  No downtime, no spending 7 months to accumulate rubies.  No needing to carefully consider whether to level their moat to 2 or not.  And on a Sunday when nomads show up right after they've spent all those troops, they simply buy another 4 demon armies, 12 hour chest bonuses, and instantly purchase food in all of their castles. 
    Also, a ruby buyer can maintain the same armies as a non-buyer while being online only half the time.  We both know players like this.

The non-buyer?  Well they might do one of those, but then they have to balance it against another 6 months of saving up rubies.  So typically, they have to ignore spending their hard won rubies on buying multi-rush demon attacks that are so damaging, and save their rubies for events instead.  Or for farming.  Or tools / events.  Etc.  As we all know, most of their time is taken up hitting npc tower after npc tower, and demon towers (and now Berimond when it's around).

I just wish the game wasn't as lopsided as they've made it.  How do you encourage a game to fix something like this without bringing it up and being accused of whining?

The gulf is there.  Sure non-buyers obtaining high end shinies is possible.  But non-buyers playing hard with experience versus buyers playing hard with experience is a farce. Especially in terms of pvp.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • I'm going to start by saying I don't buy rubies.

I agree with Manatee, but would go further.  There is a huge gulf between non ruby buyers and ruby buyers, and a bigger one between ruby buyers and whales.  So that's 2 huge gulfs.  

As to getting things from events, it is really tough as a non ruby buyer. Believe me, I know all about it.  The game increased the difficulty on the events to give the whales some challenge.  As a non buyer, I can forget about competing on even the simplest.  For example, I play on the tablet version, and I need 50% more troops to take an aqua island on the PC version.  It is very hard to must that many troops to try to compete with someone who just bought an army and rubied it to storm, and has a super commander.  

The issue gets worse the higher you are.  When I was a 19 or 29 or 39, I could place in the top 50 in a nobility contest.  Now I'm lucky if I get in the top 200.  

I'm not whining about it, that's the game, and I play the way it is.  
    Salty Pretzel @ usa 1
  • Salty, you are right that getting into the top twenty of a nobility contest as a level 70 player is very difficult.  But that is not because of the gap between ruby and non-ruby players, although the does contribute to it.  

The difference between a level 70 legend level 2 player and a level 70 legend level 500 is tremendous.  Thus the low level 70 player has a disadvantage there.  But the biggest consideration is the sheer number of level 70 players is large.  Competing in a pool of 1000 level 20-30 players of who half out active, is far different from competing in a pools of 10000 level 70 players of which half or more are active.

• My level is still in the 60s.  So Im against 51-69 level players for the contests.  I realize that getting into legendary levels will put me back again.  The current nobility contest is "gain glory"  to get into the top 50, I would have to get at least 16,000 glory points (so far).  So I know I won't get in the top 50 for this (I'm currently in 599th position)  When I was lower, I did get in the top 50 regularly.

You are correct, that there are more players in this level, and that they also have been in the game longer, and know better about the contests, so it would be harder without the rubies.
    Salty Pretzel @ usa 1
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    Also, the construction yard will be 5x5 for those that were curious.

-Popeye
  • A tournament  implies some kind of play off matching system this is nothing but an excuse for the large alliances to burn out small alliances  .

Just letting you know as a member of Defcon of Neph, everytime I send out an attack I message the person telling them somthing like this-

As you know that Alliance Tournament is going on and as a way to help both our alliances, I'd appreciate if you counter-attack me. Please only attack my mains as I only attacked your main.

Thank you,

CaptainBro

Heck... bigger alliances aren't using this as an "excuse" to burn smaller alliances, we ask for people to hit us back. It's not our fault if people aren't willing to even TRY to make us burn with them.
    So basically you are suggesting that a small alliance donate defense troops, defense tools, attack troops and attack tools.

Sounds smart.
    Dear GGE,
    Stop coming up with crappy ideas to rip us off. WE should determine what events we are in NOT YOU. STOP GOUGING YOUR USER BASE! STOP UPDATES UNTIL YOU FIX THE LAGS/CRASHES! HIRE WEEKEND STAFF! THE USERBASE DESERVES IT!

"You want to lose all of your customers? Lie to one of them." - Bartolo Aglialoro, 1909-1989 GRHS

#NotEnough

That will be all.
    Sneaker

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 21.02.2016
    Thanks GGE for making the Alliance Tournament easier by having part of it be included in the Foreign Invasion. It helps make up for not being able to get demon and deathly horrors as a reward for third prize as well from it and everyone can get demon and deathly horrors now more easily.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Thanks GGE for making the Alliance Tournament easier by having part of it be included in the Foreign Invasion. It helps make up for not being able to get demon and deathly horrors as a reward for third prize as well from it and everyone can get demon and deathly horrors now more easily.
    95% sure it's a bug...language still reads player attacks.

It's a bug in our favor...be prepared for it to be rescinded.  This one obviously doesn't affect everyone equally.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • Thanks GGE for making the Alliance Tournament easier by having part of it be included in the Foreign Invasion. It helps make up for not being able to get demon and deathly horrors as a reward for third prize as well from it and everyone can get demon and deathly horrors now more easily.
    95% sure it's a bug...language still reads player attacks.

It's a bug in our favor...be prepared for it to be rescinded.  This one obviously doesn't affect everyone equally.
    You have a point and what your saying may be true, but I hope not. Would be disappointed if it actually was a bug.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • the alliance tourney needs to be rebalanced in the upper levels.  I mean legendary 800 hitting level 140 s.  REALLY GGE!  is this what you want?  drive all the non-ruby whales out of the game?

it needs to be balanced like the lower levels, no glory and lose honor if you attack someone x levels below you.  I am tired of being nothing but a glory farm for some folks.  Many of us lower quantity ruby buyers are getting tired of the crap from the big boys and are seriously thinking of leaving the game and finding something that hasn't been screwed up like this one has over the last 3 years

• For what it's worth, I've never bought a ruby and I have 5 waves, demon armies, always place in the top 100 for nobility and have a commander with over 100 CY that is 90 90.  It's possible to do all these things if you are active, learn the game and join a great alliance.

Daniel

danielbannister @ usa 1
  • Herkko (SKN1)Herkko (SKN1) Posts: 2SKN1
    Plpo
  • Hey guys where is alliance tournament now??? Why did GGE banned it,
Sign In to comment.