Home English (US) Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Return of the Alliance Tournament

Comments

• Hey all,

I am a bit upset about the Samuri change. If I read this correctly, there is no real difference between it and the nomads. My only hope:

The shop needs to be filled with simple items for super low prices. It needs to have the same general value as the card game - 100 of the coins of whatever needs to be able to purchase 10 wooden mantlets, 100 stone, 5 heavy crossbowmen, and 5 stones (just the same amount of stuff you could've gotten in one run at the card game). Otherwise, I will oppose the change.

Regards, 
    E
    Stikethroughitailiziedbold, normal.
    Just sayin'.
    Rated by Baldrick for a sum 0 gain. Like a Boss.
    Baldrick said:
    +100 points for originality.
    -100 points for the greater good.
    Overall score = 0
    So? Mr Elliotell is a far better CM imitator than Dauglas (no offence, man).
  • MaxMaxon (US1)MaxMaxon (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Wouldn't the big question be...will it run smoothly without any glitches?

You want to know what is going on at support? Oh, yeah. Send an email to xyzxyz and then have them tell you an email address to ask for a phone number so you can get an address for international mail to Mars. Once Elon Musk finally lands on Mars they'll tell you where to go in the Andromeda Galaxy to ask extraterrestrial intelligence what GGE support is truly doing because nobody on Earth knows what they do. The logic here is that we can't ever know what they do because they don't do anything! - dliu3

• Wouldn't the big question be...will it run smoothly without any glitches?
    ^this lol
    Hey all,

I am a bit upset about the Samuri change. If I read this correctly, there is no real difference between it and the nomads. My only hope:

The shop needs to be filled with simple items for super low prices. It needs to have the same general value as the card game - 100 of the coins of whatever needs to be able to purchase 10 wooden mantlets, 100 stone, 5 heavy crossbowmen, and 5 stones (just the same amount of stuff you could've gotten in one run at the card game). Otherwise, I will oppose the change.

Regards, 
    E

No, just no...Nomads are the best event in the game...anything more like it is a plus...period

Samurai lack the number of time skips acquired in prizes though, so this will be interesting..however I quit doing samurai when I got to that lotto crap...so hopefully this will be an improvement...

If you are complaining about it being too similar to nomads, idk why you are complaining now...from the get go it was just a way GGS thought of mixing Nomads and Wheel of Fortune to try and make more money..but it apparently didn't work. It was a skin of nomads with a VASTLY INFERIOR rewards system right from the start.

Personally, I would like to see GGE bump Nomads and Samurai from 95k to 190k in points for rewards...implementing more skips and the recently added feathers as prizes. I will praise GGE though, the idea of a nail biter and the ice championship was a great thing to get players into the events...my only advice is make sure your events are ready to run on time as lots of ppl including myself were greatly angered by what was lost back when the Nomads this weren't counting towards Ice Championship.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    tech support, my account says it's suspended and that i'm to contact support. I've sent 3 e-mails and have gotten nothing back. I just want an answer to why my account is suspended. am I losing all my progress that I've made in the game? am I going to be aloud to continue in the game? how long do I have to wait to hear from you? I've spent enough money on the game, at least you could tell me why i'm suspended. please get back with me. the game is good game of empire, at least it use to be. thank you.
    Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discuss this with you. The support team is a little behind, but they will get to your ticket as soon as they can.
  • Anyone else noticing changes to their attack screen? For me, in the bar at the top where you see the defense setup of the target, everything is tiny and difficult to see.

Not sure if this was intended or if it's a mistake.
    Malorie Knox @ usa 1
  • Update?  The espi when attacking is now so small you can hardly read it.  Is that some kind of improvement?
    Loki The Weak @ usa 1
  • Anyone else noticing changes to their attack screen? For me, in the bar at the top where you see the defense setup of the target, everything is tiny and difficult to see.

Yeah i got the same thing. 
    Lord septimus @us1

Yeah i got the same thing. 
    It's like someone bumped the scale toggle and decreased it by 10% or so.  Really should be fixed.  It's a small thing, but really aggravating in terms of gameplay.
    Malorie Knox @ usa 1
  • Hate the new way coins are shown, cannot see the full amount.  I want to see every coin.

Scrooge  McAwesome

• Yeah same, I see 17m that's it, I can't tell anything else, a bit annoying. 
    Lord septimus @us1
  • Zortem (US1)Zortem (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    same thing when we get glorry rewards and donations its all cut short I would preffer to hve both the card game and be able to buy prizes with the samurai event
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    when do the max rbc's change? 
    commando @ usa 1
  • is this event only for us1 or does it take longer for the event to come to other servers 
  • Keenanxbox (US1)Keenanxbox (US1) US1 Posts: 567
    very sound update,sounds like you guys are starting to listen to our cries

# Stop Bakery Inflation
    # never forget

• Is it just me, or does it feel like the max level robber barons are exactly the same as before.  Maybe only difference is 10% less wall and gate on them. 

JDBisAWESOME @ usa 1

"In my experience there is no such thing as luck-only highly favorable adjustments of multiple factors to incline events in one's favor."

• WIll the alliance tourney have alliance troop rewards? 
    "To be or not to be" William Shakespeare 
    PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Member of Hellbent Brave, sub of Hellbent (now Fluffy Unicorns)
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

• I have a question about this:  how long will this Alliance Tourney Event last and how many other things will there be to try to do at the same time.  

I have played this game but quit more than a year ago.  I started up anew about 62 days ago.  Since that time I have seen the Samurai event 1 time (it was supposed to be more than that but GGE kept changing at the last minute to the Foreign Invaders again and again).  I saw the Nomads 2 times in 62 days, Berimond 3 times in 62 days and the Foreign Invaders ad nauseum (meaning at least 6 times, if not more) and the Underworld and the Thorn King, not to mention the monthly Storm Islands.  I heard that it was supposed to be a month long.  If that is the case, does GGE realize how many players are going to be annihilated and quit the game?  Big loss of revenue.

With all of this stuff going on that drains your coin and resources faster than a full bathtub could drain of water, how on earth are newer players supposed to enjoy this game and continue on?  We do have Real Lives outside of this game you know.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • We_Ner (US1)We_Ner (US1) Posts: 365
    edited 21.01.2016
    As a 6 wave player with mostly undefendable attacks i have to say that any PvP glory tourny is going to completely obliterate most of the server in about 5 days. Two glory hits on a medium sized alliance targeting the weaker cast players can take about 15 - 20k defenders out. Also rendering that team almost defenseless and on fire. Just one larger player can do this 4 - 5 times a day. I dont think you guys have any idea whats in store for usa1 with this tourney being that most players werent playing to know what it used to be like. Wasnt so bad though cause 90 90 comm and 1280 troops was max you had to defend. Now you got to defend things like my 90cy super with 2500 troops at plus 25 combat strength with total of 30 flank and 35 front...... yah right. That comm setup has taken out 13k defense on a 30m 0r cast glory hit. Being an avid glory hunter i can tell you the ideal target for me is the weakest cast player with the most troops to wipe and a chance of support. Im sure the up and coming level 70's will enjoy being destroyed in one hit on the first day lol. The whining your going to see in the forums will be epic. Sams event needed a store though so bravo on that and fix the damn tiny font!

edit- So the amount of players that are going to quit from this will prob finish the server off. So many left from the pointless war, and now they are going to force us to go around and demolish everyone with troops that wasnt in the war. RIP USA1 and GGE
    Post edited by We_Ner (US1) on

We_Ner @ usa 1

• As a 6 wave player with mostly undefendable attacks i have to say that any PvP glory tourny is going to completely obliterate most of the server in about 5 days. Two glory hits on a medium sized alliance targeting the weaker cast players can take about 15 - 20k defenders out. Also rendering that team almost defenseless and on fire. Just one larger player can do this 4 - 5 times a day. I dont think you guys have any idea whats in store for usa1 with this tourney being that most players werent playing to know what it used to be like. Wasnt so bad though cause 90 90 comm and 1280 troops was max you had to defend. Now you got to defend things like my 90cy super with 2500 troops at plus 25 combat strength with total of 30 flank and 35 front...... yah right. That comm setup has taken out 13k defense on a 30m 0r cast glory hit. Being an avid glory hunter i can tell you the ideal target for me is the weakest cast player with the most troops to wipe and a chance of support. Im sure the up and coming level 70's will enjoy being destroyed in one hit on the first day lol. The whining your going to see in the forums will be epic. Sams event needed a store though so bravo on that and fix the damn tiny font!

edit- So the amount of players that are going to quit from this will prob finish the server off. So many left from the pointless war, and now they are going to force us to go around and demolish everyone with troops that wasnt in the war. RIP USA1 and GGE

^This 100%, only way to implement a pvp glory tourney and not kill the game, is to balance the mechanics somehow.

Literally only thing I can think of, without crippling players who do not have such undefendable attacks as well...is to reduce food consumption, cost, and recruitment speed of defenders...since troop for troop defense is worth much less.

Otherwise RIP GGE 2k16

I also noticed someone else posted that FLs/FCs/whatever they are called by people are being spammed like crazy.

Foreigns get spammed so much I am guessing since they get the most money from said event, and yes Samurai was introduced about 4-5 months ago and I can only recall seeing it 2x..where as before samurai were brought into game..nomads came 2x a month.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Well what they would accomplish is a more boring and expensive event than FL's. I would simply fire cast and tool waste any huge flagged hit that came my way in one of those events. Also would hide every troop and tool waste as to keep hits from coming my way, no troops = no glory. So would prob 95% of the server. No point in wasting my defense troops or helping a rival alliance get glory to beat us. That option wasnt available or at least used in old pvp days but it will be now. So every glory flag in almost every attack would be used to kill 3 soldiers and you also lose all wave 1 attack tools on top of it. WOW.... wouldn't that be fun? No glory for thousands and thousands of ruby's worth of tools on every single attack you made. Unless of course you catch them offline with their troops not stashed at a birded player. Not like you could ever feed enough defense in your main to every be able to defend the current hits anyway, i know i cant with 7300 food per hr and a 1k metro bonus. So most people would put them up at a bird when offline. Last glory hit i found a 90 90 with 3500 defenders, i lost 330 troops on the attack. I'm sure everyone on the server wants to be under 24/7 threat of attack with 7 fire casts and having to hide every troop every time you left the computer or lose them all. That is what the current war came down to. Now this event would be a real server war, not just two egotistical crybaby's with a few peeps still doing their bidding. At least with that the rest of us get to watch and laugh at the absurdity and waste.

We_Ner @ usa 1

Sign In to comment.