Home Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Update 16.06.2016 - Friends and Future Technology

CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
Hey lords and ladies, Please go ahead and leave any thoughts or questions regarding our latest update in here. You've got a friend in me!

-Popeye

Comments

• The Carnifex (US1)The Carnifex (US1) US1 Posts: 1,206
    edited 14.06.2016
    Nothing that takes our money, so can't complain.
    Much
    Recruiter @ The Black Flag

edited 14.06.2016
    Going into more detail:

For me research was not confusing, since you added the pop up for when it's done I've had no trouble. A re-design is nice, but not needed.

The friends thing is interesting." you’ll be able to see each other’s online status, level, distance from you, alliance name, and their total might points"

So it will show me everything I can quickly look up already apart from the online status. Which might be different since they can choose to look offline, which any smart play will choose to do.

Purchase camps blah blah nother cash grab. Probably won't be a huge camp say like a level 40 castle when you join everwinter at lv25...Right guys?

New points event also a cash grab, "not just through recruitment" O boy, wonder which person beginning with the letter N will win that...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Although the main focus was not a cash grab, it was not actually needed. Especially with all the problems in the game already. An update cracking in on multis, cheaters, alliance tourney exploit ect would of been much more appreciated.Set it to a high priority.

And the other changes are for money, had to have it somewhere I guess.

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    I am disappoint @Carnifexx (US1).

-Popeye
    What?

• When is this fix going to happen
    bob1958 @ usa 1
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    On the 16th my good man.

-Popeye
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,993
    yes! great update, I always wanted to be able to friend people in game.
  • LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    I like the new points system for recruiting. Hopefully, the system will remain within reach of all players' activity levels, from casuals to the addicts.
    LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• What I am curious to know is when there will be tourneys that are uninfluenced by rubies, aka buying the win.  Right now the its next to impossible for non and low ruby buyers to win most of the tourneys in the game.  Its a buy the win system not earn the win.  Folks like me believe in earning the win not buying it.  Which pretty much leaves folks like myself and the vast majority of players out in the cold.  There needs to be like a hardwork/skill tourney where its all about your ability to play the game...not buy victory.  Lets face it the beri heroes are for ruby buyers only and the foreigner invasion is getting closer to that every event.  What is there for those of us who truly believe its wrong to buy the win?  Who want to earn it.

hmmmm Popeye?

• commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 475

What I am curious to know is when there will be tourneys that are uninfluenced by rubies, aka buying the win.  

it's not going to happen...and honestly i am not sure how it could happen.   the guys with bought decos can build, train,repair,heal everything quicker than the guys who have game decos can.  the guys with bought armor and troops can destroy more faster than the guys with game play commanders and troops can.   i can't see anyway to have a competition that takes away all the bought advantages to give the non whales a chance to win.   first place will always be reserved for the most motivated whales.
    commando @ usa 1
  • visionman (ASIA1)visionman (ASIA1) Posts: 403
    edited 14.06.2016
    If your goal in the game as a non-ruby or even low ruby buyer is to compete with the best ruby whales.....you are going to have a very depressing game experience.  It just isn't going to happen....
  • If your goal in the game as a non-ruby or even low ruby buyer is to compete with the best ruby whales.....you are going to have a very depressing game experience.  It just isn't going to happen....

Not asking to compete PVP, just asking for tourneys that everyone can participate and have an equal chance at.  Not buy the win.  Don't think that's unreasonable to ask for a fair shake when it comes to contests and tourneys.  Lets face it in wars and PVP ruby whales have a huge advantage and that's fine. 

But contests and tourneys should be earned not bought.   Unless you believe that only if you buy you should be the only ones allowed to win contests and tourneys.  Then that's not much of a win but actually a purchase, no matter how much you want to pretend it was earned.

• There are plenty of events where you can earn rewards without having to compete against ruby whales.  You can earn great equipment, tools, and troops, that normally have to be purchase.  

Even for those that buy tons of rubies, they actually have to play a lot (or have multiple people share the account and play!) in order to win.  Not much at all you can simply "buy the win" in this game.  But buying definitely gives a huge advantage...as it should be.... 
  • Much rather a hot fix Popeye but a no screw up update I'll take :) 
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • Much rather a hot fix Popeye but a no screw up update I'll take :) 
    When you say "hot fix" the developers read "hot mess".....LOL
  • There are plenty of events where you can earn rewards without having to compete against ruby whales.  You can earn great equipment, tools, and troops, that normally have to be purchase.  

Even for those that buy tons of rubies, they actually have to play a lot (or have multiple people share the account and play!) in order to win.  Not much at all you can simply "buy the win" in this game.  But buying definitely gives a huge advantage...as it should be.... 
    Not saying they don't play hard but big difference between buying the victory and earning the victory in contests/tourneys.  They get plenty of advantage in regular play in PVP and wars but that should end in tourneys and contests.  I and others believe that non and low ruby buyers who play hard should have the equal chance to get those same rewards instead of denied or blocked out due to not buying advantages.  I could purchase to win events but it goes against every principal I have to buy victory, literally it would be like ashes on the tongue and of no true meaning.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,699

It looks to me to be a very "Meh" update.   But, that is a good thing IMO.  Dust settling time.

Withholding judgment on the "pre-built" castles until we see it.   First thoughts are mixed.   Can see + / - to it.

Same with the points system.  Will wait and see. 

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Time for GGE to fix the massive amount of new bugs introduced with the city update. good update in my book.
    Proud Recruiter of Empire of Vor, A fast growing alliance on USA1!
    Im quite an honest person. If you are offended by me, tough for you.

If your into action/adventure stores, you will love my story called "The Jade Flames", which can here read using this link https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/309370/the-jade-flames-story?new=1    <------------- L00K!!!
  • What if you joined an event map before this update, for instance The Thorn King? Players already in the map don't get the option to prebuild? Unless of course that's a map that isn't getting that feature.
Sign In to comment.