This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Server Downtime 23/24.02

Comments

• hagar62 (US1)hagar62 (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    Are those Ruby tools?
    hagar62 @ usa 1
  • I feel bad for the folks that bought rubies prior to the server going down, because who knows when the last backup prior to the server going down actually was. Any rubies you purchased will disappear, and they already have your money.
    Yikes...and youreceived a confirmation in your email saying you cant back outof your purchase lol
  • "Be gentle"

Popeye, you of all people should know that wasn't going to happen! But we DO appreciate you, just not the techs/staff you coordinate with. Particularly at the moment.

Servers crash, communities lose power, and nobody is happy with it. Two scenarios I can see with this power outage is: 1. Local power went down, and nobody in the sleepy town of Wherever has power, or considers a gaming server a priority restore. or 2. Servers crashed with the power outage, and nobody thought to flip the right switches and push the right buttons, or knows which ones. The first is nobody's fault except the guy that hit the transformer while driving in the rain, and the second is the fault of whatever GGS-paid tech is down there (over there, under there, there). 

Rollback is good, as is compensation. Problem is, compensation often seems mediocre at best. And yeah, Customer Support earns a 0 this week.

But please keep up the good work that got so many people addicted to this game to begin with! And PLEASE, for the love of all things holy, send an email when you do! (Professionalism counts, if few appreciate it)

Findurian @ usa 1
    Proud Deputy of Aerth Legion
    "My respect costs nothing. My regard, however, is much less easily won."
    #DON'TBUYRUBIES
  • Do people have games on other servers?  I can't even get to the login screen after clearing my active logins, so if people have games on other servers, they're going to have losses on other servers as well.  Unless this problem is just me.

This just occurred to me as I briefly and shamefully considered starting another game on another server to get my fix (that's allowed, right)?
    Malorie Knox @ usa 1
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) US1 Posts: 397
    How long more it will take until we get back?
  • How can you mess the server up so bad, that it is gone for 18+ hours, did they let my 14 yo son work on it? This is costing all of us our coins, Glory Power Points and troops. Thanks GGS for the not so prompt response, if it had been a fire, all that would be left is ash. Take a little of the money, you get from ruby sales, and Hire a Competent Tech, that may help, put away the Duct Tape, and get a Tech that knows how to fix something.
    Coming from a player named dumbass...... Come on GGE lmfao
    lol (:
    Grydyn @ usa 1
  • come on POP

Give us something. 

It will be up in the next 24, 36, 48 hours

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    I feel bad for the folks that bought rubies prior to the server going down, because who knows when the last backup prior to the server going down actually was. Any rubies you purchased will disappear, and they already have your money.
    This is completely false. Transactions and game actions are handled by different servers. Any purchase you made is safe.

-Popeye
  • Ken11 (US1)Ken11 (US1) Posts: 154
    regardless of the roll back, thousand of players are still going to lose troops. People play this game around sleep and work schedules. They feed and protect those troops on that same schedule. 

It is impossible for those players to be online if the server ever comes back up. As I see it, it is a moot point.
    8jpg

Ken11 

Official Disturber of the Peace 
  • jim smith (US1)jim smith (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    CM Popeye said:
    I feel bad for the folks that bought rubies prior to the server going down, because who knows when the last backup prior to the server going down actually was. Any rubies you purchased will disappear, and they already have your money.
    This is completely false. Transactions and game actions are handled by different servers. Any purchase you made is safe.

-Popeye

I'm not saying people can't prove they purchased them, however a rollback of the server will subtract purchased rubies. That is inevitable.
    12345 54321
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 475
    this crash proves that there is no one in the GGE offices after the 8 hour work day.   for a game that runs 24/7 that is horrible.  there has to be someone there.   at least 1 person who can monitor things and call in help if there are problems like this.  customer service should be more than an 8-5 job at a company that runs 24/7
    commando @ usa 1
  • 7:00, its still down
  • They will be leaving in 3 hours. 
    If not up in the next 3 hours try tomorrow morning German time.
    GGE does not pay enough for the employees to work OT.
  • hagar62 (US1)hagar62 (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    Amen Commando!  
    hagar62 @ usa 1
  • Roy II (US1)Roy II (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    CM Popeye said:
    come on POP

Give us something. 

It will be up in the next 24, 36, 48 hours

I can confirm that it will be back up. If I had any more information I would give it to you guys. It has always been my style to be as transparent as possible with you guys because I know you can smell corporate lines a mile away. As soon as I get more concrete details, I will share them.

-Popeye
    I can appreciate what YOU are doing but we all get really angry when we can't get online & play. Especially when we are trying to complete certain tasks that are almost over. 
  • jim smith (US1)jim smith (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 24.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:
      Also not true.  A rollback will cause the rubies to be deleted from your account,

-Popeye
    That's exactly what I said in my post. Your payment department will have a lot of work ahead of them for sure.
    12345 54321
Sign In to comment.