Home Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Server Downtime 23/24.02

Comments

• Alex121 (INT1)Alex121 (INT1) Posts: 10
    edited 24.02.2016
    Over 24 hrs! Whats wrong!

I'm Alex121 on US1. I got SOO bored waiting, I made this account on Int1.

Good thing I know how to speak German...and use google translate...
  • Here it is 211 pm est and your still down  I know I'm not a big time ruby player like some on KON and Misc but still I love to play. So when are we going to be able to?

Balentrea @ usa 1
  • hagar62 (US1)hagar62 (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    They are probably rounding up refugees with terrorist backgrounds to come in and take over
    That way the explosion that ensues will explain everything   as they retreat to their Island sanctuary
    This of course would absolve them of any and all liability
    Including that of gross incompetence    which occurred the day before!
    hagar62 @ usa 1
  • it really doesn't matter how much we all bitch and complain we will never get a straight answer anyhow, besides even when they do it will all be a crock, they will take heat and everyone will be mad but we will all continue to play and put up with it because we are junkies for it.  I am not defending it but really when u think about it other than complain no one is going to be happy no matter what they do to resolve the situation
  • It would be appreciated if some one in GGE would give us a estimate of when the usa 1 server will be back on line. we are sure that there is some one in GGE that has some knowledge of when it will be bck on line 
    i think everyone is home for the evening in germany now.   if they left anyone working on the solution it is 2 blind squirrels and 1 poo flinging monkey furiously tapping keyboards in the off chance they might hit the right keys to fix the problem
    They have an office here in the US that Popeye said would not be going home until the issue is fixed, however, he lives in Germany and does have to sleep from time too time!
  • The server is still down here in USA.  Any time frame as to when it will be back up.  This sucks!  Know power outages can be real big issues and this is only a game.  I sure do miss playing it as I have been for several years and nothing like this has ever happened.  Hope you all can get it back up and running again and correct the other issues as well.
  • We passed that time already, I figure they will bring it back up when I am at work just so I lose in the end because I will not be here to prepare for my off time.
  • It would be appreciated if some one in GGE would give us a estimate of when the usa 1 server will be back on line. we are sure that there is some one in GGE that has some knowledge of when it will be bck on line 
    i think everyone is home for the evening in germany now.   if they left anyone working on the solution it is 2 blind squirrels and 1 poo flinging monkey furiously tapping keyboards in the off chance they might hit the right keys to fix the problem
    They have an office here in the US that Popeye said would not be going home until the issue is fixed, however, he lives in Germany and does have to sleep from time too time!
    Popeye hasnt responded to anyone since page 7. go figure
    kittyrules @ usa 1
  • I work for a very large bank in IT.  I know that if a person who is responsible for the backup/resiliency of a cash generating system could not get it back in 24 hours (actually we have 1 hour), would be terminated ASAP.  There should be a DR (disaster recovery) site in place and ready to go at all times.  Ideally, you have a production system, a backup/load balance system and a DR.  If an update is scheduled, it should be done on the backup system, UAT (user acceptance testing) should be done, then when it passes the backup becomes the primary.  The DR then gets updated, then the old production system is updated and set to backup.  This is system resiliency 101.  It should not matter if it is hardware/software/malware attack.  GGE IT does not have this system setup correctly, otherwise the game would be back up in 1-2 hours tops. Think of the loss by them, 24 hours x the ruby purchases made in a 24 hr. period + LOC (loss of confidence) by the user base.  How does a multi-million dollar company do this?

We wait impatiently.

LG
  • its 7:38pm in Germany right now don't expect to play GGE today im almost 100% sure they went home for the night. this will be fixed tomorrow most likely
    I believe Popeye said the US server is in America.

He also said no one working on it will likely go home until it is fixed.  It is the rollback that takes time, apparently.  So take heart knowing the wait will resurrect your dead troops, but wait you must.

That said, the people who interact with us on the forums are indeed in Germany, so we will hear radio silence no matter who is working on the server.
    Absolutely Malorie, why would GGS want the game to be down? They are losing money left and right here. I am just happy to hear that our troops will return and the food will be reimbursed, or even better, increased. To me, that puts us at even, then they said they will compensate for time and trouble. I think a 24-36 hour down time might be good for some of us more "involved" members of the game. Let's just try to remain calm, we don't need anybody losing their composure :smile: 

• Well, I think US1 is partially up, because I was finally able to log into this Forum.  
    NobleTad @ usa 1
  • zudek (US1)zudek (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    nope -- CM said earlier that the Forum is on a different server than the game
  • hagar62 (US1)hagar62 (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    Hey @caslo  My patience got used up about 5 am EST  when we had no word from GGS of what was going on
    I give people credit where it is Due
    But wipe that stuff off your nose
    I think it is DOO-DOO
    hagar62 @ usa 1
  • i got kicked out of the game at 1;45 pm yesterday est right b4 the foreign castle event and ice championship event ended
    our alliance(TheSpartanArmy) was in 20th place and only leading the 21st place alliance by about 300k glory im in such suspens you have no idea lol
    Bram @ usa 1
  • So is the server up or down? I keep seeing where it is said the serve is up but I have not been able to get past the maintenance msg all day. Since it is closing time has passed I am sure we are now going to have a 2nd night of no gge.
    Axle3 @ usa 1
    Popeye hasnt responded to anyone since page 7. go figure
    Yes, human beings do require sleep on rare occasions, even GGE representatives. Plus, people posting every 5 minutes doesn't make that big of a time gap from page 7 to this page! He's just telling us the BS he is getting told anyways.
  • I've talked to a lot of players and most say if it not done bdq that about 10 of the biggest alliances will not be buying rubies.
      Maybe then we can get improvements advertised in advance, and mass emailed about problems. 4000+ troops ouch!
  • I keep reading that is just a matter of time and have patience and wait.  It's been over 24 hours and it's still down. I've read that we'll be compensated in a gift package but I'm sure it'll only replace what we've lost already. I hope GGE makes its right!
  • ted1945 (US1)ted1945 (US1) US1 Posts: 173
    It would be appreciated if some one in GGE would give us a estimate of when the usa 1 server will be back on line. we are sure that there is some one in GGE that has some knowledge of when it will be bck on line 
    In the business world when one person has to leave, another takes his place. It's called shifts. If gee cared or were an efficient business they would hire enough people to keep their customers informed 24/7.

• LadyPzaz (US1)LadyPzaz (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    So is the server up or down? I keep seeing where it is said the serve is up but I have not been able to get past the maintenance msg all day. Since it is closing time has passed I am sure we are now going to have a 2nd night of no gge.

Hey Axle! No, still down...
    LadyPzaz @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.