Home English (US) Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Update - Of Willows and Gems

Comments

• I really don't post often, but this update and the one before it are pure garbage. Ive been playing this game for 4+ years, and I must admit am a heavy ruby buyer... but this is getting ridiculous.  Less coins for nomads is a horrible idea that I'm sure will lead many people to say enough is enough.   Also, this money grabbing new Barimond event is impossible without a TON of money poured into it.  Also, the new glory building and experience buildings are WAY too expensive to get a decent bonus.   One more thing, the price to remove gems is FAR too high.

GGE appears to be a sinking ship (at least with how things appear to be heading).... you would think they want to gain customers, not lose them.

This is nothing against you @CM Popeye , but this is clearly a very unpopular series of updates.

ftdyfyjk @ usa 1
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    Yeah, I see that the last few updates have not been received very well by the community. This is the reason I exist, as it is my job to pass your thoughts on to the dev team. They won't always make changes based on my feedback, but I have seen a lot of progress in the last year when it comes to listening to the users. There is still work to do obviously, and seeing this improve is one of my top priorities.

-Popeye
  • neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 757

Fix the problems you have now not create more. Examples, the flash problem, the super lag, do I need to go on?

If it wasn't for the lag, nobody would accidentally heal ruby troops or instantly cash in the wishing well coins. You know they LOVE THE LAG because miss-clicks are their major source of revenue now.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Demon Lag is something fierce tonight.
    GoooseGamer @ usa 1

2nd Class Customer according to GGE customer service
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,711

Fix the problems you have now not create more. Examples, the flash problem, the super lag, do I need to go on?

If it wasn't for the lag, nobody would accidentally heal ruby troops or instantly cash in the wishing well coins. You know they LOVE THE LAG because miss-clicks are their major source of revenue now.
    And when we all railed against the placement of the +1 and rubyx2 buttons in the recruitment window...
    they said the process was too difficult to change.  Then they said it wasn't that, but instead because it just wasn't on their radar of things to bother with.  Thanks.

Eventually, what did they do?  They made built-in lag so the rubyx2 button pops up slightly later than the +1 button.  It was a way to do "something" while still making sure it was an accidental ruby generator.

Very transparent.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
    The idea that we have lag on purpose is honestly a bit silly. We do like to make money, but would not resort to tactics that low. The confirmation button is one that I am on your side with, but one that I don't think they will budge on.

-Popeye
  • I'd just like to put this out there, so it doesn't seem like I'm just a complainer.  With the update reducing the coin payouts, the update wasn't nearly as bad as it was described.  The rollout of the reduced coins was done with the new Berimond event, giving the implication that what we saw in the great kingdom Berimond was indicative of what we'd see for payout on nomads and samurai as well as the newish-old Battle for Berimond.  

Instead, what we saw is what I described in one of my other comments about having events to balance out that payout - ones where you "lose" coins and troops to earn the prizes instead of the coins and troops being the prizes.  In many ways, the new Berimond is similar to the special events like blade coast in that regard - we needed something to use all the coins on.

After a week of being able to sit on the results of the new Berimond and new coin payout structure, I am not displeased with the rollout.  The nomads and samurai are paying out enough that I can create a good buffer to float my earnings through other events, but still gives a challenge balancing between 24/7 recruiting and deciding when to do technicus upgrades.

So, thank you for not reducing the coin payout from nomads and samurai as significantly as it seemed it would be.  It seems like a good balance
    IronBeagle @ usa 1
  • I wish I could agree with you ironbeagle,  AS I stated a week or so ago I have never posted until this coin drop thing became known and then an issue. As I watch the really good members of my alliance play and the ones who tend to play the most  I can see where they can keep up the coin levels and even gain some but for me and I think a lot of others, though I log on a lot to play, I am only able to stay on short times for most of my logons and the only way I can recruit and maintain enough troops to be a contributing player in the events and such is to recruit troops in such a way that is admittedly not the most cost effective I have to recruit 4 or 5 troops at a time, I logon and run through all my castles and OPs to recruit and burn through a lot of coins. I have to do that and send attacks on towers to try and recoup some of my losses for recruiting but time is an issue for me at least until the evening time when kids are in bed and I can enjoy the little bit of time to myself to allow myself to get lost in the game for awhile. that's what the game is to me and it WAS fun but in the first nomad event even with the minimal troop losses30 to 50 per hit as I hit so many nomad camps in that short amt of time and still have to recruit troops I ended up with less coins than when started.  everybody playing this game has different lives and time constraints and I have seen people post "its a strategy game figure it out" well I have played the game  going on two years and have been with a great alliance and have learned a lot but unfortunately there is only so much that I can do to remain as active as I have when time is available. I think my time is almost over as I can not make it work given my current real life and responsibilities  GGE has made it to hard to play.
  • CM Popeye said:
    Yeah, I see that the last few updates have not been received very well by the community. This is the reason I exist, as it is my job to pass your thoughts on to the dev team. They won't always make changes based on my feedback, but I have seen a lot of progress in the last year when it comes to listening to the users. There is still work to do obviously, and seeing this improve is one of my top priorities.

-Popeye
    Well, either they are not being passed along, or the developers don't give a rat's ass about the people that pay their salaries.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
    One thing you have to understand is that the game team will not accept ALL of the changes that the community asks for. I think you guys have seen in the past that they were not very receptive to change based on the users, but that is something I have definitely seen changing for the better. This is however a work in progress, and going from one way of making a game to another takes some time.

-Popeye
  • Well my suggestion is that they stop changing and changing the game as often as they are and fix "ALL OF THE BUGS" in this game.  Shockwave Flash crashes quite often in the game and every time a new change is implemented it gets worse and players have to complain repeatedly to have it fixed.  When I started playing again about 3 months ago up at the top was that Announcement about the problems with Flash, and since that time, there have been quite of number of additions and changes to the game (most of them ruby costing changes), but NOTHING has been done about the problems with Flash.  With the announcement about reducing the amount of coin given by Samurais and Nomads, all of the other changes were adding new ways for us to spend our money on rubies.  They used the reasoning with the lower coins that they need to balance the play in the game.  What a joke that is.  Every change that has been added lately has been for more and more and more ruby buys.  How exactly is that balancing the game?  I see it as balancing the game more and more and more in favor of the ruby buyers. For example, the Glory Monument starts at 7500 rubies to place the building and has 100 upgrade levels, which will probably work out to about a gazillion rubies.  How is that helping to balance the game?  I don't think the devs know what "balancing" means any more than politicians know what "balancing a budget" is.  We have recently had 2 long term players leave because of all this crap.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
    We are aware that the performance issues still exist in the game. The problems with Flash stem from issues on both sides, and we have no power to force them to make any changes to their software. The fact is that Flash is slowly losing support ,and is therefore not being supported quite as good as it was in the past. I completely agree that we should not have introduced so many new features and changes the past few months, and I hope we slow things down to get a handle on things before moving forward again.

-Popeye
  • CM Popeye said:

-Popeye
    I have seen you make several such comments. I have also seen a comment you made regarding how you like to see people grind for free here.
    It seems nobody is listening because nothing is changing, rather things are getting worse. EVERY update revolves around GGE driving revenue while catering ruby players. The latest insult is a users ability to gift legendary armor to anyone in the game. I have said it before and will say it again and again...GGE is "forcing" people to buy ruby's to enjoy the game instead of enticing them to make a purchase that will enhance that experience. Economic balance and coin devaluation are nothing more than code words for increasing ruby sales.
    The fault lies in the community in the end, because we are like lemmings running off a cliff. People don't complain to much and the one's that do are still likely buying ruby's. We sit back and tolerate a platform that is full of bugs, glitches and ruby traps. Plow on GGE maybe we will all hang around long enough to see things like an being able to buy an extra OP with ruby's or an event that will cost you ruby's to enter. 

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

Flash is actually being killed off, By Adobe. The more up to date the browser, the worse that is going to get. A lot of companies have been forced to launch their own stand alone clients to get around that problem.

Deliberate Lag is kind of a joke, but there are clearly a lot of things that Nobody Buys deliberately.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

@StrongEric4 (US1) I actually agree with the basic ideas behind what you are saying. I like to be honest as possible in here, as I feel that is an important part of my job. While I do work for the company, this does not mean I have to blindly follow every decision they make. I think we could do a much better job with our monetization practices, but that decision is not up to me.

-Popeye
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    You should really change the way you remove gems.

Every time you scroll over equipment, it brings you to change the gem instead of being able to pick up or look at your equipment piece.

This has resulted in making me spend 6k rubies to remove a level 6 cy gem I had no intention of removing in the first place.

This should be fixed.
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• You should really change the way you remove gems.

Every time you scroll over equipment, it brings you to change the gem instead of being able to pick up or look at your equipment piece.

This has resulted in making me spend 6k rubies to remove a level 6 cy gem I had no intention of removing in the first place.

This should be fixed.
    I agree with this.  I have come very close to losing rubies this way also.  I think they do it on purpose.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais

You should really change the way you remove gems.

This should be fixed.
    I agree with this.  I have come very close to losing rubies this way also.  I think they do it on purpose.
    At first I couldn't imagine removing a gem this way deliberately, unless it was a very high level gem that you put on lower level gear for some reason.

Then i considered possibly removing the discontinued %chance of something showing up purple gems, possibly being removed as a pure novelty.

Generally speaking though, this is definitely on the list of things people mostly buy, accidentally.

Possibly due to drunk clicking.

PSA, Drink responsibly when Empiring ;)

-Popeye
Sign In to comment.