Home Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Update - Berimond Invades the Great Empire

Comments

• It won't be just this event, at least for me. I have not been able to get going in berimond at all, admittedly this last week real life has intruded some so I have not been able to concentrate my energy on the game  but I have not been able to get my gold count above 350000 with the recruiting i have had to do. Normally I can go from 300000 to a couple of million in nomads and that includes using the tech and feasting alot. and if the nomads and samurai give the same gold as berimond is now giving ...then it will be the same for me there meaning I will not be able to keep up with hitting nomads as I have done n the past. I have played for I think almost 2 years now...I think I have done okay. I will wait to see one event, Nomad or Samurai, and how it goes but i have already told my alliance that they may be dividing up my RV's soon. its not a threat only, unfortunately, my reality. I know GGE will do fine without my business. I have posted several times about this one issue and have never posted before,so I guess I am beating a dead horse. I won't be posting anymore on this subject.  good luck to all who read on this subject.
  • Lowering coins would be fine as long as you do what Bonkerz (I believe it was Bonkerz) suggested. Lower the cost of wooden mantlets in the armorer. Wooden mantlets were already too costly to compete in samurai, nomad, berimond, etc. style of events. Now you're lowering the income gained, but keeping costs the same. This is like giving the whole nation a pay cut with very little notice, but the cost of commodities remains constant. And the commodities were already too expensive!

Have you ever met the guy outside of your castle called the technicus? As long as he is around I don't think the phrase 'abundance of coins' can exist. Since November the following have been introduced; nail biter equipment, two ice championship castellans, the samurai commander and castellan (they are actually attainable now at least), a commander and castellan from the new Berimond invasion, and people are still trying to get the Lion Pride and Bear Strength commanders compete. That is a total of 32 pieces of equipment people are trying to fully upgrade to +20, on top of whatever they were working on beforehand. I consider myself a very active looter (weekly rank is usually between 20th-50th on the server) and still have several pieces I'm working on upgrading to +20 and I know that more equipment will be introduced before I get there. You would have to fully upgrade a piece of equipment every 3.75 days to be able to keep up the pace, but continue to ignore all your other equipment. So sorry if I laugh at the fact you think the coins are being devalued due to an abundance. I guess it's true if you expect people to just use rubies on the tech once they get upgraded to 15.

Also this new style of Berimond is junk, losses aren't worth the rewards. Most of these camps I can't even zero out ranged defense without using ruby mantlets. This is true with other events too, but not as frequent with this new berimond because the lower level camps don't give you the necessary tool slots. If you aren't going to allow us to send more than 30 tools on a flank then don't have it defended with 3 bodkin arrows, or 2 bodkin arrows and a lime bomb. The Berimond that is outside of the Great Empire is a much better event. Losses are similar but you lose the ability to recruit auxiliary troops really fast to make up for heavy losses in this new event, making it hard to continually attack. On top of all this, tool burning is impossible. Killing off all our attackers during a rollback, and give us harder camps to attack is not a good combination.

• LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    CM Popeye said:
    I can understand not being happy about less coins, but this . This was having an effect on the balancing of the game, so we had to take action.

-Popeye

---snip---

The ONE thing the average player had in this game was the ability to invest his/her time into looting coins and resources to maintain a position and give them a fighting chance against the heavy hitting ruby player. In my view the more time a player spends in game interacting with an event the greater the chance they may be enticed into investing some hard cash in the game. The game is unbalanced not because people are working events, the game is unbalanced because it is WAY to easy to buy a powerful position.

Well said.
    LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 475
    CM Popeye said:
    the intended purpose is to force you to buy the demons 30 times each time the offer pops up and use rubies to upgrade the equipment instead of using coins to train troops and upgrade equipment.....

-Popeye
    commando @ usa 1
  • StrongEric4 (US1)StrongEric4 (US1) Posts: 295
    edited 29.02.2016
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I can see that overall you are not happy with the new event. From what I see, many of you feel it is just not worth it in the end. I can understand where you are coming from with this, and maybe the devs would be willing to make hitting the camps a little more worthwhile to hit in the future.

The coin situation in general is one they will be observing to see if the changes are actually working the way they intended. I will of course pass on your feedback regarding both issues to the game team next time I meet with them.

-Popeye
    The dirty secret here is this....they (the Devs & Bean counters) are going to get a nice shock when the ruby sales drop like a stone during a nomads event. I suspect that many people impulse buy to get that little edge or stay in the hunt for a top finish.

If and when the events turn into a net loss (or a break even) situation the community will not break out the cash to push the event hard. In the end they will hit them to get some food and take some resources, and then move on to towers, Dragons and fortresses for the coin.

Meanwhile back at the ranch we will all see the same 15-20 ppl on top of the leader board spending what they would have spent anyway.

In the end, I am over it...I am old school my boss here taught me how to loot coin effectively, Will it be more of a PIA, YESSSSS ??? BUT I know that I will no longer be making those last minute $50-$80 impulse buys to keep in the hunt for a top finish for myself or the alliance. I am posative had this Bier event been decent I would have spent some money to finish it, now I am not even hitting it  

As of this morning we are reemphasizing looting coin old school, Hit the towers, work the underworld type events and slow it all down......I am willing to bet our alliance membership will spending way less ruby's now that we are considering the possibility that events are no longer lucrative enough to work and show a net gain on the balance sheet when a member's time is considered as part of the investment.

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

• CBee (US1)CBee (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    CM Popeye said:
    Hey guys, I can see that overall you are not happy with the new event. From what I see, many of you feel it is just not worth it in the end. I can understand where you are coming from with this, and maybe the devs would be willing to make hitting the camps a little more worthwhile to hit in the future.

The coin situation in general is one they will be observing to see if the changes are actually working the way they intended. I will of course pass on your feedback regarding both issues to the game team next time I meet with them.

-Popeye
    if you mean by losing 3 million coins playing this event is what they intended, then yes it is working great for your end.

while your passing on info, let them know i am done playing in any event that has reduced coin value. I work hard at building up my coin so i can use your cheating technicus. Now i cant even tec up equipment due to coin shortage. Are your developers just trying to see what else they can do to make this game worse, so everyone will quit. each time you change something, it makes me want to play this game less and less.

CBee @ usa1

• @CM Popeye another day of unsatisfied players telling you what is wrong with the New Berimond...

To Sum it up:
    1) Lack of coins
        a) Loss of Coins do not cover the cost of spying and attacking camps..
        b) Loss of Coins do not cover the cost of recruiting new troops..

2) Benefits of Kingdom Resources
        a) Gain in resources we would normally have to send over to Green..

3) Non Benefits of Lack of Coins
        a) Having to hit Towers in EverWinter for Coins
        b) Having to hit Towers in Sands for Coins
        c) Having to hit Towers in Fire for Coins

4) Recruitment Cost and Income up 1000%
        a) Recruitment of troops in Green up 1000% ( results of lose's from attacks on Beri camps )
        b) Recruitment of troops in EverWinter up 1000% ( results of needing enough coins to replace troops in Green and
            EW )
        c) Recruitment of troops in Sands up 1000% ( results of needing enough coins to replace troops in Green and Sands )
        d) Recruitment of troops in Fire up 1000% ( results of needing enough coins to replace troops in Green, EW, Sands,    
            Fire )  

***Berimond***
    1) Troop Replacement
        a) Needed slots to recruit troops compareable to old Berimond:
            Example ( Berimond Troops were recruited at 5 per slot, then 10 per slot, then 20 per slot ) all for low cost and    
            speed of recruitment of troops...
        b) Coin values have to be compareable to lose's and replacement of troops...
        c) Raise the Coin value 50-75% of what is offered right now..instead of 3K coins raise it to 6K-9K per attack 

***Final Request***
    1) Raise the Coin value
    2) Allow recruitment of troops of 5, 10, 20 per slot
    3) Lower the cost of troop recruitment during Berimond event e.g. 5 per slot=100 coins...10 per slot=200 coins and so on
    4) Lower the troop recruitment speed values during the Berimond event e.g. 5 troops 2 minutes...10 troops 4 minutes..

***Conclusion***
    In conclusion all we want is a fair and equally balanced game to play. We are not as much worried about how many rubbies a whale can buy, but rather how we as players can handle what assets we have that make us the player who we are..

Please ask the Devs to consider using the last two VIP slots during the Berimond event or even add a Special event Slot for Recruitment for Events such as Berimond. And make them only available when that event is running...It is Not Rocket Science only Coding to add the Slots and perimeters for them and when to open them...

Again it comes back to the value of the coin, why have Achievements if the new coin values are being lowered. Makes no sense to set Achievements of 2 Million Coins if the New GGE plans on not allowing players to have that many..We pride ourself's in being able to meet the accomplishments of the game..and the rewards that come with it...Don't strip that away also..  

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 01.03.2016
    The problem I have is not with the Berimund Event, but with the dropping of coin value and especially for the Nomad and Samurai Invasions. I like a challenge and the Berimund Event is challenging which makes it fun, but a lot of people here don't like the idea of dropping coin value from the Nomad and Samurai tents. You may be able to get away with having low gold coin drop from Berimund tents, but having to use tools for increase gold coin drop from Nomad and Samurai tents may be a step too far. Having to use tools for increased coin drop may be an experimental idea from GGE, but I honestly don't like this idea. What about the coin's value? I would not build another golden Colossus again until I have more than a million gold coins so that way I can get a really high public order which is hard enough as it is already to get and will be even harder to get if gold coin value is dropped from these tents. Last time I built a golden Colossus I spent more than 500,000 gold coins, but turned out having only 162 public order even though I was expecting more. Also, the only way to get any significant amount of gold coins from Nomad and Samurai Invasions is by spending a lot of tablets and tokens for extra gold coins. I had made 1 million gold coins once, but I may have not gotten that far if I had not spent tokens or tablets to get them. And of course their are the decorations too. A lot of people would rather get them than extra gold coins, but decreasing gold coin drop might force us to spend tablets and/or tokens for getting extra gold coins as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I think the issue is non-ruby players and occasional ruby buyers think they should have just as much opportunity to win events and advance in the game as the ruby whales do.  That is just foolishness, IMO.  If you don't want to buy rubies often, then that's fine.  But then don't complain when those that do have extra advantages!  They PAY for those advantages, and should get them!!!
  • I think the issue is non-ruby players and occasional ruby buyers think they should have just as much opportunity to win events and advance in the game as the ruby whales do.  That is just foolishness, IMO.  If you don't want to buy rubies often, then that's fine.  But then don't complain when those that do have extra advantages!  They PAY for those advantages, and should get them!!!
    You could not be more wrong.  Before I saw it mentioned here on the forums that the same people always won events I had no idea that was the case because I didn't care.  I had a reasonable expectation to advance and though I would never directly compete with heavy ruby buyers I did believe I could perhaps be competitive with lesser ruby buyers with hard work. I used Nomads and Sams to fund everything I did.  I was even in the slow process of getting rid of dwellings to maximize PO.  I didn't hit towers anywhere because I simply did not need them.

Now?  Forget competing in an event, trying to gain skips or enough coins to visit the technicus I literally cannot afford to play Beri, the FI event and I assume Nomads/sams.  Hitting towers doesn't begin to net me what I need to continue.  I considered 2 million coins to be a safe goal each nomads or sams event to allow me to get through the coming Foreign Invaders.  Now I will run out of coins I am guessing on day two or three of this Foreign Invaders event.  Being the most active player in my alliance I defend most of our players in a large portion of the attacks.  I won't be able to do that as I will be flat broke. 

Assuming Nomads or Sams coin has been nerfed in a similar fashion ( which we STILL don't know because GGS developers are unwilling to allow us to actually plan for a change ) I and my alliance are going to be in for a terrible time if I am even willing to put in the effort to recover. 

I am sure this is the economic imbalance Popeye keeps referring to.  The problem is this "imbalance" existed the entire 8 months I have played the game.  There was no need to hit towers in addition to the fact that there was no time to do so.  But GGS calls it an imbalance and pulls the rug completely out from under my feet. 

I don't care about ruby buyers, I don't care about the server war, I know I will never have god commanders.  The big boys can keep them.  At legendary level 24 I never dreamed I would go back to worrying about having enough coins to ship resources to a new player asking for help in chat but thanks to this rebalancing of the economy that is squarely the position I am in.  I don't find it enjoyable in the slightest.  Again, ruby buyers have exactly zero to do with it. 
    @visionman (US1) I would think the question is not about whether you are a ruby buyer or not...

The question and problem is the value that GGE is now placing on coins...

And what or if anything needs to be done with the Berimond Event itself played in Empire Kingdom e.g. Green...

I am one that thinks if you can afford to buy rubbies then I am happy for you..I can't afford to buy rubbies because I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps and limited to a small and I mean small monthly income..

I am disputing the buying of rubbies that is not what this thread is about, it is about how we feel about the way Berimond is doing and if it is worth the trouble to play..

When moving up to Level 70 I was a player that would stay inside the Top 10 and after reaching Level 70 the events are much more challenging themselves. And the competition for Top Places is for the ruby buyers without a doubt. But this thread is not about that and it should not be considered as part of the decision factors when deciding how the event should be done. We ( e.g. non-ruby buyers or occasional ruby buyers ) want to discuss ways to improve this event for all players.

I have sen ruby buyers and non-ruby buyers asking for GGE Devs to change the way this is done, and i dont remember seeing anywhere that people are worried about buying rubbies. More or less we are asking for certain things to change ( e.g. coin increase, troop slots for recruiting extra troops, ) to help make the event better..

Hopefully you and others understand we all just want to play our game and live with our addiction to it..

@CM Popeye would you not agree that we are looking for ways to improve what is now created and make it better.   
  • The coin reduction from nomads was to address an imbalance in the game?  Really? But for rubies aka dollars we can purchase piggy bank tools to gain back that coin flow. So the imbalance was what? Not enough income for GGE? Massive fail Popeye.
    GoooseGamer @ usa 1

2nd Class Customer according to GGE customer service
  • edited 01.03.2016
    The coin reduction from nomads was to address an imbalance in the game?  Really? But for rubies aka dollars we can purchase piggy bank tools to gain back that coin flow. So the imbalance was what? Not enough income for GGE? Massive fail Popeye.
    10/10 

Piggy banks lol #massivefail
    BeastMode
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    I have to say that if you guys really don't care for the event, then don't take part in it. If the devs see that there is no participation, then they will have to consider the future of the event.

-Popeye
  • Seems to me we have a bunch of people complaining, instead of trying to use their brain and figure out ways to strategize and play around it.  I guess that's easier.  

Figure it out, people.  It isn't rocket science...
  • I just attacked my first nomad this time around, and I was happily surprised that the coin reduction wasn't that much! 

Ok I used to get 20k, but it isn't the end of the world.
    - Cvehmas111

Is that a lucky Norsemen hit or what?!?
  • CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 1,713
    @cvehmas111 (US1) Your reaction is nowhere near strong enough ;)

-Popeye
  • CM Popeye said:
    I have to say that if you guys really don't care for the event, then don't take part in it. If the devs see that there is no participation, then they will have to consider the future of the event.

-Popeye

The idea of Berimond as an event in green is great and I welcome it.  I simply believe the problems that nearly everyone save a handful have voiced need to be addressed.  I will not and did not play Berimond as it stands but I find the absolutism in your post disturbing.  Perhaps you did not intend it as such but you seem to say the devs will not consider making adjustments, we either like it and play it or don't and they will shelve it.  I hope I read too much into the post as there are positive aspects to Berimond in green. 
  • cvehmas111 (US1)cvehmas111 (US1) Posts: 127
    edited 01.03.2016
    EDIT: I found them. Only problem: 

http://prntscr.com/a9vb8d

1k wood for only a 1% increase?!? No way am I buying them.

Also:

http://prntscr.com/a9vbsr

It's not samuri... it's nomad. :wink: 
    - Cvehmas111

Is that a lucky Norsemen hit or what?!?
  • CM Popeye said:

-Popeye

That is the plan

Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too?

Sign In to comment.