Home English (US) Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Return of the Alliance Tournament

Comments

• Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    Bring back the card game as an option. I'd rather not.
    I'm glad you accurately quoted me, thank you.

• jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,103
    Bring back the card game as an option. I'd rather not.
    I'm glad you accurately quoted me, thank you.
    I'm very sorry that I was trolling you. I deserve some time in the corner.

jema3 @ usa 1
  • A tournament  implies some kind of play off matching system this is nothing but an excuse for the large alliances to burn out small alliances  .

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 916

A tournament  implies some kind of play off matching system this is nothing but an excuse for the large alliances to burn out small alliances  .

Just letting you know as a member of Defcon of Neph, everytime I send out an attack I message the person telling them somthing like this-

As you know that Alliance Tournament is going on and as a way to help both our alliances, I'd appreciate if you counter-attack me. Please only attack my mains as I only attacked your main.

Thank you,

CaptainBro

Heck... bigger alliances aren't using this as an "excuse" to burn smaller alliances, we ask for people to hit us back. It's not our fault if people aren't willing to even TRY to make us burn with them.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • Graycat (US1)Graycat (US1) Posts: 9,990
    Alliance tournament = 5 or more attacks on my castle every day during the event. I really, really, do not like that event at all. I don't have any troops at my main anyway.

but, I did like the new samurai event. It's great! :)

I would suggest level 70s being able to buy the epic version of the samurai heroes too. Only lower levels can get the epic/rare version, but I'd like to get an epic version while I save up for the best version too.
  • Johnsons666 (US1)Johnsons666 (US1) US1 Posts: 132
    PETITION!

Discontinue this event. This event undermines codes of our fair play. Top alliances are introducing their unfair codes, unfair rules and it is called rules of stronger. They are attacking OPs, RVs. If it already suits you GGE well it doesnt suit me and many other players.

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 27.01.2016
    PETITION!

Discontinue this event. This event undermines codes of our fair play. Top alliances are introducing their unfair codes, unfair rules and it is called rules of stronger. They are attacking OPs, RVs. If it already suits you GGE well it doesnt suit me and many other players.

"fair play" does not exist, what does exist is whether or not someone is willing enough to go out of their way to get some reaction out of you or to gain something within the game by accomplishing something. This is a war game, like it or not...trading blows is part of the game.

Cliffs: Fair play is not a thing, fair play is a way for people to prevent others from disrupting what they consider "fun" & what is "fun" is subjective and entirely based on each individual player.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• New Glory tournament is full of xxxx  bring back foreigners instead 
    dragonmonkey @ usa 1
  • I like the glory tournament better than the forgein invaders.

When Corm was getting farmed. Good Ol'e Days
  • so when a legend lvl 560+ hits a legend lvl 7 I suppose a nice little note inviting him to kill off all his attack troops would be a nice gesture
  • and as far as this being a war game let me put it like this .

the Arkansas Naturals which is a farm team for the KC royals will never play the Yankees in the world series because they

are in different divisions

• CM Popeye said:
    Hey everyone, Go ahead and post any questions or feedback regarding our latest update in here. Now get to work planning your strategy with your alliances!

-Popeye
    Not very fond of the alliance tournament. A level 50 alliance declared a bogus war on us, a Level 12 and several other small alliances so they could freely attack everything we had for the glory points. I feel it got out of hand and there should be some limitations set to prevent this. If you are a big boy or girl alliance, go play at that level!
    Lord Blackfury @ usa 1
  • A tournament  implies some kind of play off matching system this is nothing but an excuse for the large alliances to burn out small alliances  .

Just letting you know as a member of Defcon of Neph, everytime I send out an attack I message the person telling them somthing like this-

As you know that Alliance Tournament is going on and as a way to help both our alliances, I'd appreciate if you counter-attack me. Please only attack my mains as I only attacked your main.

Thank you,

CaptainBro

Heck... bigger alliances aren't using this as an "excuse" to burn smaller alliances, we ask for people to hit us back. It's not our fault if people aren't willing to even TRY to make us burn with them.
    You want the smaller alliances to counter attack in a futile manner, sending 1000's of support units to wipe out the attack.
    Lord Blackfury @ usa 1
    edited 28.01.2016
    CaptainBro (USA1) said: [Text removed to save space]
    You want the smaller alliances to counter attack in a futile manner, sending 1000's of support units to wipe out the attack.

You forget that when WE send attacks we take that risk as well.  
  • Johnsons666 (US1)Johnsons666 (US1) US1 Posts: 132
    I like the glory tournament better than the forgein invaders.
    Yes you like it now. As lvl44 and 35k PP are out of reach for top alliances and you don t drag attention. I will ask you when you reach lvl 50+.like your leader who is on fire.
  • CaptainBro (USA1) said: [Text removed to save space]

Nope, didn't forget that at all,especially if your bigger alliance's battle it out among yourselves and don't declare bogus wars on smaller alliances. The chance of me making a winning attack on you is greatly less than the other way around,due to the shear number of possible supporters.
    Lord Blackfury @ usa 1
  • cool. that sounds awesome.
  • Reeker (US1)Reeker (US1) US1 Posts: 85
    just as I said previously the alliance tourny was re-instituted for KON...so far we've been massed by one of their pact groups...and a few of them have made a few attacks...feel sorry for the peeps they hit...cuz they totally wipe you out and leave everything burning (unless you happen to be online and can open gates) which I imagine benefits gge cuz you have to have rubies to do that......so unless you're a big spender, you're in the sinking ship with the rest of us poor boys...if they decide to make your alliance a target that is...so if you end up being a target every month..the rest of the time you will spend trying to rebuild everything .
    Reeker @ usa 1
    edited 29.01.2016
    CaptainBro (USA1) said: [Text removed to save space]

Nope, didn't forget that at all,especially if your bigger alliance's battle it out among yourselves and don't declare bogus wars on smaller alliances. The chance of me making a winning attack on you is greatly less than the other way around,due to the shear number of possible supporters.

I disagree with you on the text that I bolded. Here in Defcon, we try to only recruit active people, and only people who are online/active will receive support when attacked. Just in the past several days we've been hitting one very active alliance for glory. As a result of their activity, the defender received support and beat our attacks.

Even if you're not online most of the day it's perfectly fine. As long as you share phone numbers and alert each other of attacks then you're good-to-go. Just today I got a call from a fellow Defcon member telling me I had an incoming. So all I did was walk to my computer and beat the attacker.

The number of troops you have don't matter as much as the amount of activity in your alliance.

As an ex-member of Valyria Lev, I can tell you people had tons of defense because our alliance was not interested in war. However when a larger alliance came around, Misc *cough-cough* the massive amount of defence we had didn't matter because people were not active and didn't receive support or didn't change their defense set-up.

If activity isn't the problem in your case, it may be the equipment you're using to defend. It may even be the way you are defending. With the courtyard bonuses of today's Commanders, you must always hold off at least two of the flanks when defending.

Hope this helps!

-CaptainB
  • Can you make a button next to the minichat bar that displays which players are online? That would be great :)
Sign In to comment.