Home English (US) Update Questions & Feedback
This forum has been merged with the EN forum to create the International Forum. You can find them here.

Discussion: Return of the Alliance Tournament

Comments

• Well what they would accomplish is a more boring and expensive event than FL's. I would simply fire cast and tool waste any huge flagged hit that came my way in one of those events. Also would hide every troop and tool waste as to keep hits from coming my way, no troops = no glory. So would prob 95% of the server. No point in wasting my defense troops or helping a rival alliance get glory to beat us. That option wasnt available or at least used in old pvp days but it will be now. So every glory flag in almost every attack would be used to kill 3 soldiers and you also lose all wave 1 attack tools on top of it. WOW.... wouldn't that be fun? No glory for thousands and thousands of ruby's worth of tools on every single attack you made. Unless of course you catch them offline with their troops not stashed at a birded player. Not like you could ever feed enough defense in your main to every be able to defend the current hits anyway, i know i cant with 7300 food per hr and a 1k metro bonus. So most people would put them up at a bird when offline. Last glory hit i found a 90 90 with 3500 defenders, i lost 330 troops on the attack. I'm sure everyone on the server wants to be under 24/7 threat of attack with 7 fire casts and having to hide every troop every time you left the computer or lose them all. That is what the current war came down to.
    I agree with your synopsis about the consequences of a glory tourney being brought back into the game.

It also will probably stonewall everyone but the whales from gaining progress in legends levels, as anyone whose fire cast doesn't also give anti-loot is gonna get looted dry of those legends resources.

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Last night's repair left damage...
    My atk on a watchtower in Berimond ignored and sent back my siege tools  on the front resulting in an unexpected loss of 180 troops. What is up???
    An earlier atk found all bear warriors on the right flank while the espionage showed many bear bowmen. This also resulted in larger losses and my mantlets were not sent back. What's up with that?
    Shoptalker @ usa 1
    My atk on a watchtower in Berimond ignored and sent back my siege tools  on the front resulting in an unexpected loss of 180 troops. What is up???
    An earlier atk found all bear warriors on the right flank while the espionage showed many bear bowmen. This also resulted in larger losses and my mantlets were not sent back. What's up with that?
    The event switchs defense on tower every hit. Very annoying unless you tool burn. 2 waves of 1 troop each flank and middle, then every tower is 60 gate 60 wall 100 range. Do that and the changes will not affect your losses or tool use. Will always use same amount.

We_Ner @ usa 1

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 916
    A return of the alliance tournament? I bet this will cause so many people to quit because they wouldn't be able to defend. And people aren't going to be willing to be tool-wasted by fire-castellans. I bet even huge spenders will not won't be too interested in this. 

Spending to waste everything... the folks at GGS should fix the current issues intead of throwing more petty tasks at us. I hope you start reading these forums Empire team, it would do you all good.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • edited 23.01.2016
    Be nice if the points even added up now  ,not really worth my time. I get no rewards.It was working fine for me, now no points no prizes .I will just attack real players . So how would this even work ?This alliance tournament .I have not missed a day in almost 2 years  but I see a lot of people quitting from all your ideas ,maybe fix the current bugs and issues before adding another one . 
    Post edited by merlinswrench (US1) on
  • Got to give props to you GGS I like the new samurai.

Only input for it would be some more skips maybe.

• I like the new samurai event, but my one question is about the smoke bomb tool you can get from the armorer. It looks exactly the same as the swiveling shield and I don't think thats how it should look.

"To be or not to be" William Shakespeare 
    PROUD NON-RUBY BUYER
    <[Haythem<>Kenway]>
    Member of Hellbent Brave, sub of Hellbent (now Fluffy Unicorns)
    Former Member of Horde
    PROUD OPPOSER OF KoN 
    Server USA1

• Love, love, love this revamp of the Samurai event. 
    Thank you, GGS. 

• figured the store would have one key item that's useful for other events. Nomads has horsetails for lords, sams has nothing of value. If you get the eq and dont need po items your left again to waste your tokens just like before with that dumb card game. Yes im guranteed stuff now but the choices of things to buy is complete shit. The one attack i get from lords never need lime bombs lmao. Other than that never see any attacks to use them. I dont need re branded lime bombs or arrows weaker than slits. I dont need more troops to have to spend my money to buy more manlets to use. Not gonna go stashing other ruby deco for these. Either throw some manlet type tools and or glory tools into the shp or just bring back the card game. Cause this event as it stands is just as useless to bigger players now as it was before. The first question posed in DT chat when this event started was "What the hell do i even spend these tokens on, theres nothing i can use" Ringing endorsement of new shop if I ever heard one. Im not even going to waste my coins to buy wood manlets for this event.

We_Ner @ usa 1

• ummm how the fuk are we to even play the event? 40 5hr skips aren't going to do anything. I guess im just supposed to spend 10k rubys every 3 minutes to skip time. Thanks gge you stupid fuks, i already cant even afford your tools.

We_Ner @ usa 1

• ummm how the fuk are we to even play the event? 40 5hr skips aren't going to do anything. I guess im just supposed to spend 10k rubys every 3 minutes to skip time. Thanks gge you stupid fuks, i already cant even afford your tools.

ya GGS revamped the samurai, rewards are at least somewhat better than they were before...but now they have shafted everyone by not providing skips...which means you gotta collect skips from nomads and then use them on samurai...

I say just bump the nomads/samurai reward totals from 95k to 190k and add in more skips and feathers into the mix of rewards.

• WarrenPeace (US1)WarrenPeace (US1) Posts: 68
    edited 24.01.2016

edit- So the amount of players that are going to quit from this will prob finish the server off. So many left from the pointless war, and now they are going to force us to go around and demolish everyone with troops that wasnt in the war. RIP USA1 and GGE
    Except they can't force us to demolish anything. The answer to this would be to boycott the event. GGS obviously does not listen to anything we say here. If we want to be heard we will just have to boycott events that we don't want: no ruby attack tools, no ruby defense tool, no healing of ruby soldiers, etc.. Ignore and boycott this event and I'd bet you it'd disappear from the game in short time. 

An event like this could possibly be an entertaining challenge IF the larger players would use discretion. E.G.- just hit hard enough to score. But we all know that won't happen. Ego maniacs will want to flex their virtual muscles and will just wipe out smaller players. Neverminding the fact of what's the point of being King of the Mountain when there's no one left to see it? 

I know many people will laugh and say "it's a war game! stop whining!". Yeah, that's easy to say when you're not the resource player staring down the barrel of a ruby whales 100% ruby tool/troop/comm barreling at your gate. 

Good luck all. We'll see how this plays out. I intend to completely ignore the event. I see it as GGE encouraging bullying in order to prompt ruby sales. I'm not buying what they're selling...literally. 
    Post edited by WarrenPeace (US1) on
  • jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,103
    Bring back the card game as an option.
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    Bring back the card game as an option. I'd rather not.
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

The event switchs defense on tower every hit. Very annoying unless you tool burn. 2 waves of 1 troop each flank and middle, then every tower is 60 gate 60 wall 100 range. Do that and the changes will not affect your losses or tool use. Will always use same amount.
    Is this conversation in the right place?  This is a post about the Alliance Tournament, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Berimond.  Start a new thread on a different topic please.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Johnsons666 (US1)Johnsons666 (US1) US1 Posts: 132
    What is this all about?? Alliance Tournament. Looks like crap to me. More wars on the doorstep and absolutely GGE profit rising!
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 25.01.2016
    What is this all about?? Alliance Tournament. Looks like crap to me. More wars on the doorstep and absolutely GGE profit rising!
        ^^^^ This...

Yes they are trying to bring back the pvp elemement to the game but i'm not sure if this alliance tournament is the right way to do it..

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• imamy (US1)imamy (US1) US1 Posts: 113
    I loved the path to enlightment game.  That game made Samurai event my favorite.  It was different... hope it comes back 
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 25.01.2016
    What is the point of achievement points for the alliance tournament then if you can not even get it? Hard to get? Yes, but not necessarily impossible to get either if the alliance tournament were to ever at some point return. If GGE were to eliminate the alliance tournament entirely they might as well eliminate something that is not achievable anymore if GGE were to listen to the complaints about the alliance tournament. There are achievement points that can be gained from participating the alliance tournament, but would be pointless without the alliance tournament. Plus, maybe the tournament could possibly occur at the same time as the Foreign Invasion as well, but you would get points from attacking other players instead of the Foreigners for the alliance tournament. Meaning that to get points for participating in the alliance tournament you would have to attack other players, but attacking Foreigners would be an option as well. Only problem with this is that the only alliances who would really benefit from the alliance tournament if it started again would be those currently engaged in a server war (like Neph and other alliances engaged in a server war for example) or strong independent alliances (like Hard Knocks or Bad Company for example). For the sake of gaining achievement points again for the alliance tournament is the only reason why I think that it should return back, but on the other hand of course is that weaker players and weaker alliances may not necessarily benefit from the alliance tournament.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,103
    Bring back the card game as an option. I'd rather not.
    Don't change my words. I'll hit you with a lawsuit. 
    jema3 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.