Home Balancing and numbers

Relicus

I think the decay on your chance of success is too fast.  At the steady rate of a 5% of the first few steps, I can only conclude that the chance of success from step 20 on will  be essentially zero.  Going to take lots of rubies at the guarranteed rate.  I don't think that's a good ruby value.  I predict there will be lots of complaining on the cost.

It would have been a very good idea to include a pile of shards included in the gift box so we could properly test and give feedback on actual experience instead of needing to extrapolate.  I don't think anybody has enough relic pieces to sell on the test server to do anything but extrapolate.

On the building front, I find the building material of choice to be interesting:  Kingdom resources, not relic tokens for a relic building doesn't seem right.  

It would be really nice if there was some acknowledgement that someone from GGE read this here on the test server forum.  I don't think I'll get it, and I predict the relicus will be released as is to the main servers to much dissatisfaction   by the players.

Comments

• Dr. CortexDr. Cortex Bugwatch Posts: 305
    Hi, thanks for your feedback! 
    I will forward it to our design department. :)

In around 5 hours, I will start a gift box that also has shards included. Looking forward to more impressions.

Best regards,
    Dr. Cortex
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,837
    edited 31.07.2019
    Hi, thanks for your feedback! 
    I will forward it to our design department. :)

In around 5 hours, I will start a gift box that also has shards included. Looking forward to more impressions.

Best regards,
    Dr. Cortex
    Much appreciated on the gift of shards.  The functionality seems to be working fine.  The complaint IS going to be the high cost.  Comparing to the Technicus, the Relicus only gives a MAX of 5% boost to the Primary Effects.  The Technicus would give from 4% - 16% depending on the items and effect.   AND at a much lower cost.

Could you also explain what Upgrading the Relicus does?  The only explanation in-game is "Relic Shards Bonus".  Max = 25%

To get to a 2% increase, the Ruby Cost was: 40,337.  Rate of increase is interesting as well.  Coins?  I didn't add them up, but for level 21, it is at 1.44M

550 = 10%
    623 = 13%
    719 = 15%
    838 = 16.5%
    980 = 17%
    1145 = 17%
    1333 = 16.5%
    1544 = 16%
    1778 = 15%
    2035 = 14.5%
    2315 = 14%
    2618 = 13%
    2944 = 12.5%
    3293 = 12%
    3665 = 11%
    4060 = 10.75%
    4478 = 10.25%
    4919 = 10%
    5383 = 9.5%  Coin = 1.44M
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 936
    @Dr. Cortex  Thanks for letting us know you read it.  Much appreciated, as was the gift with the shards.

I upgraded the relicus to lvl 10.  Other than the shard gain(which is pretty pointless due to the number of relic pieces one gets that will be sold because they aren't worth using) the only thing I can see is the PO gain.  Given the time the upgrades take without skips the only people who will bother with any upgrades on it all will be LL800's with nothing else to do.  Now if upgrades increased the success rate and/or made teching cheaper instead of the shards' sales price increase there would be more motivation to upgrade.

I tech'ed a piece to +25 after upgrading the relicus.  I stopped because I saw no point in going farther right now.  The decay isn't as bad as I was expecting.  At lvl 25 to 26 the reported success rate is 35%, shard cost 761, coin cost 2.04M, and ruby tech cost 8650.  Wish I had done two pieces, one before upgrading the relicus and one after, but I didn't see any difference in the first 4 lvls of relicus upgrade.

@Wasso (INT3)  Not sure what you're trying to illustrate with your list/chart.  I think maybe a thought didn't get from the brain to the post.
    happens all the time...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Dr. CortexDr. Cortex Bugwatch Posts: 305
    Sorry for the late reply, but bernhardt is right, upgrading the Relicus will increase the amount of relic shards you are getting which can raise up to 25%.

Later today, I will launch one more gift that includes shards, coins and rubies. 

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 936
    @Dr. Cortex  I hope you realize that in my previous post I was saying that increasing the shards one gets from selling relic pieces is not going to be enough motivation to upgrade the relicus given the amount of time it takes and the modest PO boost one gets with each level.  I highly suggest changing the shard increase to lowering the cost/increasing the odds of success of the tech'ing.
  • Hitman (SK1)Hitman (SK1) SK1 Posts: 6

Hitman

70/800

@Hitman (SK1)  That is the Technicus.  We are talking about the Relicus.  New building you have to build.

@Dr. Cortex His confusion IS also going to be common in the live game.  Perhaps they should NOT allow the Relic Gear to show in the Technicus screen?  Just as the regular gear does not show in the Relicus……..

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sign In to comment.