Home Announcements

Update 05/01/2017 - Performance Fixes

WintermuteWintermute Bugwatch Posts: 325
edited 19.04.2017 in Announcements
Hey Lords and Ladies,

the new update will come to Open Test on January 5th. There is not much content I can present you, because mostly the release contained a lot of fixes. Still, we think you will like it, especially on public test.

One of our main purpose was to fix some of our performance issues and we have to stress test young open test a bit. This means, we will flush your accounts with several gifts a day, that contain units, food, time skips, fast traveling feathers and some cease fires, so you are enabled to launch as many attacks as you want or can. In the meantime our server developers will check how much the server is affected by this high activity to estimate how good or bad those fixes will perform on the live systems.

Remember, we will run this test until Wednesday, January 11. Until then we will give out gifts.

I'll inform you before the update starts and let you know when the server's back with the new version.
Post edited by Kousagilove on

Comments

• WintermuteWintermute Bugwatch Posts: 325
    edited 06.01.2017
    Hey, if everything goes according to the plan the update will start within the next two hour. Update will start on short notice, so the open testserver may already be down before I have the chance to inform you.
  • Dr. CortexDr. Cortex Bugwatch Posts: 305
    edited 06.01.2017
    Fasten your seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen, as we will start the update process in a few minutes.

If you have auto-login enabled and want to switch back to your normal server, please delete your flash cookies.
    Post edited by Dr. Cortex on
  • WintermuteWintermute Bugwatch Posts: 325
    Update is done and new version is available. We will start giving out gifts soon.
  • Dr. CortexDr. Cortex Bugwatch Posts: 305
    As you may have already noticed, the Attack vs. Defense Rebalancing Feature got removed with our update as our focus for the next few days is now on performance. I'm sorry that we didn't announce this beforehand. 
    I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek at the feature and we all would really like to thank you for your informative feedback. 

Kind regards,
    Dr. Cortex
This discussion has been closed.