Home Announcements

Welcome to the Public Testserver Forum

Dear Lords and Ladies,

Welcome to the Public Testserver Forum of Goodgame Empire!

As you may have noticed, this forum is a little different to our normal forums. It's not as nice and cosy, which means there are no social sections or areas reserved for diplomacy, wars or spam. The forum focuses on the same things as the testserver itself: Trying out new features, sharing your opinion on them and report errors, that you encounter, is the key function both of the server and the forum.

This means, this forum is not supported by Community Management but from Quality Assurance (QA). As you will notice over time we tend to ask different questions like asking for more precise description of errors. Also, we have a list of things we need to know when you report an error, which I will share later once it is completed. Since QA people tend to be technical people focusing on the technical problem rather than on feelings, we might tend to cut discussions short if they start to run in circles without adding value to the discussion.

Feel free to join us on our quest to improve Empire! Make also sure you read the house rules, once they are published and enjoy, discuss, rate, dislike, hate or just destroy the new features you will find here!

For the Empire!

Comments

• Hey,

is it possible to remove the e-mail newsletter? it shows up everytime you level up. thats VERY annyoing.

also i guess, it could be very helpfull to see english names of things ingame, next to the language we are actually playing in. for a better communication.
  • Good evening , a suggestion for this server is either to make everything buyable with 1 ruby ( and give 500k again ) either to give resources&rubies like once a week/day   , because we need to test everything , with this current situation we can`t.
  • WintermuteWintermute Bugwatch Posts: 325
    Hey and thanks for the feedback!

@texti (INT2) I'll dive into the topic and will suggest to hide that feature. It's not useful to have it on a public testserver, you're right.

@Avenger We plan to have give out gifts with resources, coins and rubies on a regular base in the future. Timeline is not finalized yet, therefore I can't give you a date.
  • Hey and thanks for the feedback!

@texti (INT2) I'll dive into the topic and will suggest to hide that feature. It's not useful to have it on a public testserver, you're right.

@Avenger We plan to have give out gifts with resources, coins and rubies on a regular base in the future. Timeline is not finalized yet, therefore I can't give you a date.
    okay thank you for response but , a commander/castellan for beggining couldn`t be given ? like system ones , to be tested of course :)) , it will be easier for us to test the event bugs with a good commander on our side
    Actually, fair point. Will discuss it with the team and we will see early next week what we can do here. I'll keep you in the loop.
  • Actually, fair point. Will discuss it with the team and we will see early next week what we can do here. I'll keep you in the loop.
    so we get free highlander coms? :p
    my esophagus big. 
    I said I will raise the discussion on Monday, I can't foresee the outcome this Friday ;)
  • I said I will raise the discussion on Monday, I can't foresee the outcome this Friday ;)
    anyway i hope this server won`t reset monthly or even weekly , we need to build ourselves max accounts to be able to test actually everything on our way to the top
  • ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) IT1 Posts: 3,955
    there is any building materials for test

• there is any building materials for test
    as in the stuff in construction yard? no. in fact, getting crafting material is very hard lol

as for building material, everythign seems the same
    my esophagus big. 
  • michal1238 (PL1)michal1238 (PL1) Posts: 5
    edited 03.12.2016
    dobrze by bulo gdybyście dali jakies dodatkowe ubranka na kasztanów lub dowódców  no i co do tych rubinnów i zasobów to tak dobrze by było  gdyby były takie prezenty raz na tydzien moze zasobów az tyle nie trzeba ale ruble mogą być 
    Pozdrawiam :)

[ Communication language in the forum is English ;) | Sir Wodan ]
  • fav9 (FR1)fav9 (FR1) Posts: 27
    edited 03.12.2016
    quand on clique sur les messages ça marche pas tous le temps

Post edited by Sir Wodan on
  • edited 03.12.2016
    Buna Ziua am o intrebare serverul acest va fi sters sau ramine mereu?

o zi buna!

Post edited by Sir Wodan on
  • Hey will this server be removed or only the rubies
  • bug in test server................... i get a pm i open it it shows the same pm over and over i refreshed same thing and it dont wont to let me send a pm or fwd a spy report
    dragonwing @ usa 1
  • damm cant open spy reports even at the castle i spied....ahhhhhhhhh gge are you ever going to get the game right
    dragonwing @ usa 1
  • this is  a test server so lets test it instead of capturing each others ops
  • @Wintermute this forum will devolve into confusion, chaos because players don't adequately title their threads so others can identify the contents, and so numerous duplicate threads will be created for the same bug report.

Other games have test server bug reports collected by clicking a Report button that is included in-game, which we click to report glitches and/or bugs directly, with a drop down menus to select the category of issue, the sub-type of issue, the severity of an issue, then an open box in which we type freely, then click ‘submit’.  Without this sort of organization I feel very sorry for the Bugwatch team having to sort through what will surely be numerous, badly titled, duplicative, disorganized bug feedback here.

This test forum is organized on only the most basic of levels for reporting bugs, and insufficient instructions have been given to us to, for example, standardize how we entitle our reports. Maybe it would help us to find existing threads about a bug we also want to report if you instructed us to start each thread title with the player level at which the bug was encountered, then a description of the bug, IDK...

To reduce the disorganization, you could add more major bug categories to this forum, THEN add numerous sub-categories of bugs underneath each.  For example, I'd add forum bug categories for:
    - advertisement bugs:  subcategories for typos, awkward, vague or misleading text, non-functional
    - quest bugs:  subcategories for typos, awkward, vague or misleading text, non-functional

• @Wintermute

I'm surprised we're expected to take the time to re-create our castles and other locations rather than GGE simply taking a copy of the current live server each time the Test Server is opened, to which players over a certain level are able to sign in using their existing account as other games do, with all progress made in test lost each time it closes.

Will the progress we've made building our castles etc. in test be saved and appear the next time test is launched, or will all progress be lost when test closes?  This is confusing - I'm used to all test progress being lost, but here if we have to recreate our castles, etc. each time test opens, many won't want to bother to participate.

Will alliances be recreated from scratch each time test is launched?  Meaning, will we have to create or join an existing one, donate, etc. each time test is launched?

Please require a minimum live player level to join test; I'd suggest no lower than 40.  To allow even brand-new players to join test will result in an enormous additional amount of entirely avoidable, unnecessary test server and test forum chaos.  Alliances shouldn't have to deal with trying to manage, assist and train a flood of brand new players in test either.  The quality of feedback will also be minimal from new versus experienced players.
  • @Wintermute

It appears players are able to buy rubies in test.  If so, why haven't player purchases been blocked?  It's not sufficient for you to state:

"As you noticed, there is a shop included with this server. This shop has to be there, because there are things that needs also to be tested on a live and not only on a test environment. The interaction of the shop and the game is one of these points ... Since this shop is public it is available to everyone. Feel free to do whatever you want, but please be aware that this shop is fully operational."
    • To state "do whatever you want" sounds as if we're able to buy rubies with real funds only to lose (or perhaps likely lose) them when test closes.  While I certainly hope that wasn't what you meant, if players can spend real funds in test, to allow this option to exist is disturbing and incredibly irresponsible.  The ability for players to buy anything with real life funds in test should be blocked.  All players should be equal in test.  Allowing ruby purchases in test will only create player hysteria when their purchase disappears (as it should) when test closes.
    • Your announcement was strangely written and confusing.  For example:  "... there are things that needs also to be tested on a live and not only on a test environment".  Because you're talking about a test server function, what could that possibly mean? 
    If GGE desires to test making ruby purchases with real-life funds in the test server, then please allow only members of the Bugwatch team to do so.  Your customers should be protected!

Sign In to comment.