Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

So do we still need to "Prepare for battle NOW!" Mods and BM's

As the 8-15-2022 last teaser said

Prepare for battle NOW!

Well me and some others did just that and now I my self am sitting on close to 400K of Val Defense which is a decent amount for a non buyers or very occasionally low ruby buyer but when do we see these battles we are to prepare for?

There has not been a teaser for over 18 days now and not a word from GGE or anyone on this.

Is there any update on this unknown event/update that any MOD or BM can tell us.

The best I got from someone over a week ago is it will come sooner or later to the game but do not expect the sooner option.

As some have said the game is just so dead on playing.   It is the same over and over, month after month.   Not sure the point of the 1/2 Sept post as it is just the same stuff as always.   Like others I will not be surprised if Sami somehow does not show up. 

Also GGE is sending email now to me and announcing the same stuff which is nothing new.   They make it seem like a 200% ruby bonus is a big deal.   Well they fully well know that a 200% is offered at least once everyday if not more.   Also they mention to stop this or that event like FI or BC from overrunning my place.   I have skipped them many times and noting happens to any of my places.   So that statement is just a bunch of crap.

I truly hope when and if the "NEW" event/update comes it truly is something worth waiting for.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,218
    There's a link at the top and the bottom of those emails where you can unsubscribe to the newsletter.
    You know we can't tell you when the update will get released, you've been around the block a few times already ;-)
  • I know I can unsubscribe to the emails but then I would not get a notice of these upcoming events......LoL

I really like the last sentence about been around the block a few times already.    You are great Poseidon......

I know you cannot tell us anything really worth a hill of beans when it comes to GGE.   

But considering they STILL have 3 more pictures to finish the last teaser I will go with the LATER rather than SOONER.

I know the big buyers will just keep on buying for some reason and do the same stuff over and over.   

But I also know that some come to there senses and leave the game.   We had another leave from our alliance that actually did spend quite a bit each week but they finally got fed up.  

Me I stay for TWO reasons.   

1st for the few friends left that are still semi active that I have made over the years.  Once the last 1/2 dozen are gone no reason to keep logging in.

2nd to see if GGE can really make something NEW or UPDATE something and make the game a challenge or at least a bit exciting for a week or two....

Poseidon you are a good mod and it is a shame that GGE ties your hands and feet and mouth where you Mods and BM can not give even small bits of information when asked.  

Take care and I think you need more Sami chests as you are down to just over 3 million in your inventory you mentioned in a post.....LoL  I bet you go through 1 or 2 million chests each time it is run.....

Bless U......

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    I know I can unsubscribe to the emails but then I would not get a notice of these upcoming events......LoL
    Did you see we have a public 2 week event schedule now?

And I am indeed running low on samurai chests ;-)
  • FatherPretzel (US1)FatherPretzel (US1) US1 Posts: 550
    edited 03.09.2022
    Yes I did and like others if it gets pulled for some reason I will not be surprised. 

You are a good mod old friend and it is a shame how they tie your hands on saying any little thing.  

There public relations employee(s) if they even have any just do not have it down on growing the player base of the game and communication with the current player base.

I remember how we went back and forth on the mead brewery and the it only being able to go up or down in 10 percent increments.  Myself and others said and gave suggestions on this forum on how to fix the issue.  Time and time again we did this and you tried to toe the line and keep us going.   It was brought up that if they got the code set at 10% they should be no reason they could not just change the variable to being done in 1% increments.

I remember you posted some reason they gave and posted a temp workaround and then the next day they did the fix at 1% like many were suggesting.  Of course hat fixed the issue but they were to stubborn on it really and even though you mods and BM's most likely knew it was going to happen you still could not tell us "Just wait and tomorrow your will see a fix".  Just does not make sense from a business point of view to not give out positive info when it will happen.   

For all we know the only reason they did fix the issue is Whales may have started to complain and GGE did not want to piss off to many of their bread and butter spenders.

So in closing, you are a good mod Poseidon, really, and just hang in there with our suggestions and questions.   Maybe one day GGE will let you actually give at least small practical answers to questions......LoL

Post edited by FatherPretzel (US1) on
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 268
    if you look at the last few months gge are starting to do more and from what the mods said they do ask gge to bring back sams so maybe just maybe they are starting to listen more
    there must be something wrong with the new event gge getting ahead of themselves a gain it will not the first time there done that  i also notice we have not had a september update yet 
    lets hope there is one 
  • Not sure about that and after only a  1/2 schedule of September posted we will find out if it is coming after then or not.  If I was a betting person of real money I would put my money on it not coming.   

You are also right they have not done any kind of patch/update this month like they use to even though most were not much to talk about.

GGE just does not seem to get it that businesses usually try to inform their client base on new items coming or updates. They prefer to keep us, there clients in the dark on everything.    
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    Not sure about that and after only a  1/2 schedule of September posted we will find out if it is coming after then or not.  If I was a betting person of real money I would put my money on it not coming.   

You are also right they have not done any kind of patch/update this month like they use to even though most were not much to talk about.

GGE just does not seem to get it that businesses usually try to inform their client base on new items coming or updates. They prefer to keep us, there clients in the dark on everything.    
    Can you name a major gaming company that doesn't do this?
  • No point in doing that as it would not change the way GGE/Stillfront Group runs in anyway.

It is their company and they run it as THEY want.   Does not matter what other's do or do not do.

Peace be with you Poseidon

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    No point in doing that as it would not change the way GGE/Stillfront Group runs in anyway.

It is their company and they run it as THEY want.   Does not matter what other's do or do not do.

Peace be with you Poseidon

My point is that every company keeps people in the dark, it just happens to be the case that in these larger companies it's very hard to prevent information from leaking.
  • Well if you asked me what was coming I could not give you any kind of answer.  That is not a good sign at all for the amount of teasers they did.

Just a bunch of  pictures that really tell nothing and I cannot even figure out a story line they might be trying for.

Maybe if they did a screenshot or two that would help and said something like coming October 2022 or November 2022.

I know you mentioned it would start to come in focus but I do not get anything.

So as I said I gave up on it coming soon if at all.  For all we know they may be in what we in business called development He!!.......  Maybe that is what they were trying for and never intend to release it if the feedback is not positive.

Lastly, to me there have been no leaks really.  So I guess they are successful in that regards.

The one thing I can say is the game is not thriving.   When you have five or six of 9 players in your weekly KL bracket under the bird that is not a good sign of a active/thriving game.   This has and is still happening to me every KL the last 3 or 4 months and several times also during the month.   Maybe other servers like the DE or World have mostly active players.  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 347
    edited 04.09.2022
    Honestly this sucks. More and more people are getting absolutely fed up
  • I call it being bored with the same events over and over so players say why don't I just bird for a few months and see if something changes.  Or in other cases they just quit and say goodbye as the game has gone stale in their opinion and the opinion of many more.

That is what I hear from the few friends I have left on the game.  I go on for like 15-20 minutes, say hi, catch up on news, do minimum on troops and then leave as it's just the same stuff and just not exciting enough to stay on longer.   Once an awhile I do push for a day or two but only when I got enough chests or banners saved up.  

GGE has invested a lot of time and effort on trying to make ways to generate more cash via ruby buying like the Ad banners that now many of us have.   So my 21" screen is now like a 17" with a top and right side white boarder.   That sure makes me want to stay and play...LoL  

If GGE gives me something worthwhile to spend on I would spend a little but not for the same old events that do not excite me at all.  And the equipment stuff with the timers are a real turn off for me.  

The game has been on a slow decline and unless GGE brings in something new or challenging that will continue.  This is evident on US1 like others servers as there is more and more open spaces and not many new players.  All I would need is 3 or 4 more to quit in my area and then when I log in I would have no one around me anymore.

I can go to several of the OR events on the last day and still finish in the 25,000 or better range with doing nothing and those are GLOBAL events for all server players.  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • I agree with most of your comment but would still play if the rewards were worth going for without having to spend the rip off ruby prices, I used to spend at least £20 to £25 a month (I know not allot) but now just to do the KL and keep the adds away, it won't be long probably the next one and it won't be worth buying the KL add on as I will not have the Banners to get anything and will not pay the way overprices for tools and banners so will not play enough, used to be able to get the banners from blacksmith now they are limited and silver is hard to come by.

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 268
    i would have to agree with both of you   sad to say 
    but this problem with silver coins and lack of tools  is now becoming a big problem for many a player 
    do gge see whats going on in the game or are they only interested in making money but even that option  they seem to have it wrong  
    time will tell

• FatherPretzel (US1)FatherPretzel (US1) US1 Posts: 550
    edited 04.09.2022
    $$$ is there main focus for sure and yes GGE should make some  CASH to keep the lights on.

But GGE  has invested what seems like very little time or energy on expanding the game map or brining in "NEW" events or major upgrades.

The mead and Val troops from a few years ago are something newish but PvP is mostly dead for most players except a few on US1 Server.  So if  Vals were put in by GGE to try and bring back PvP I think that did not go as they planned.   Now it seems that the whales and semi-whales have even stronger stuff and the game just went even more out of balance.   

But back to the main point of the post. 

Many are prepared for battle Mod's and BM's, like GGE said we should be.   But when are these battles coming?  October 2022, December 2022 or Summer 2023 maybe?  Last but not least, maybe never if it does not play as they want it to (i.e. make more $$)

Post edited by FatherPretzel (US1) on
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file