Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Fabric

Hi all

Any way to get fabric apart from the Horizon event, small alliance so no chance so held back, Advice please?

Comments

• DaishoDaisho Moderator Posts: 234
    Fabrics can be earned from BtH, like you said, and can be earnt from two sources: alliance rewards and individual rewards. The source you want to focus on is the alliance rewards since this is far easier to achieve for small alliances/low spend. On multiple occasions, I have managed to get a top 1000 rank with my alliance in BtH with minimal effort. Any rank above 1000 rewards you with a small amount of fabric, however far less than the individual rewards which require a lot of spending, teamwork and cross alliance interaction. 

From my experience, the top 1000 threshold is roughly 100,000 influence which is easily achieved by 1 player getting a city state on the last day and successful defending the capital. Now factor in an alliance of 22 players and this is quite achievable- even easier if a couple players buy the basic starter package.

My colleague @Poseidon X Angel created a guide on how to play Beyond the Horizon: 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5171337/#Comment_5171337

Hopefully this can help you as well, 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    BM_Daisho said:
    Fabrics can be earned from BtH, like you said, and can be earnt from two sources: alliance rewards and individual rewards. The source you want to focus on is the alliance rewards since this is far easier to achieve for small alliances/low spend. On multiple occasions, I have managed to get a top 1000 rank with my alliance in BtH with minimal effort. Any rank above 1000 rewards you with a small amount of fabric, however far less than the individual rewards which require a lot of spending, teamwork and cross alliance interaction. 

From my experience, the top 1000 threshold is roughly 100,000 influence which is easily achieved by 1 player getting a city state on the last day and successful defending the capital. Now factor in an alliance of 22 players and this is quite achievable- even easier if a couple players buy the basic starter package.

My colleague @Poseidon X Angel created a guide on how to play Beyond the Horizon: 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5171337/#Comment_5171337

Hopefully this can help you as well, 
    This is actually correct.  I have done it multiple times as a 1 person alliance.

However, the real issue is the amount you need for the long term.............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 398
    Speaking of Fabric did the amount we win for Beyond just get reduced this round?
    Was that why it was held back a week to make it even more unobtainable 
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,218
    Speaking of Fabric did the amount we win for Beyond just get reduced this round?
    Was that why it was held back a week to make it even more unobtainable 
    No changes were made.

• Great advice people except that fabric isn't even in the rewards for BTH anymore.  That is why my question is: Where can I get FABRIC these days.

I will not go to BTH again to get pounded on if I can't ever get what I need from the event! 

This is ridiculous!
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,218
    There's still Fabric in BTH.
  • Great advice people except that fabric isn't even in the rewards for BTH anymore.  That is why my question is: Where can I get FABRIC these days.

I will not go to BTH again to get pounded on if I can't ever get what I need from the event! 

This is ridiculous!
    if you are in lvl 50-60 don't reach lvl 70 and keep getting relic prem food build items and destroy them, you'll get materials without going to BTH
  • 2100 fabric pieces for 20% melee 2100 fabric pieces for 20% range 2100 fabric pieces for 40% flank 2100 fabric pieces for 40 Fronts 2100 fabric pieces for 40% courtyard,  10,500 fabric pieces to get these is ridiculess when you will only win 6 8 or 10 pieces getting in the top 400 to 1000 places as an alliance in BTH, and this is not even maxed the flank front and courtyard go to 60% but I felt it was just ridiculess the amount of fabric you need, so to keep it simple, 2100 of each will get those gains, and thats still 10,500 fabric pieces needed, this needs to change, but its the very reason its done, to make you spend in BTH hoping for individual, you will get boared or skint tryng to finally get the items you wanted before you got the mead troops so you could go against these mead players that hit you, by this time its near pointless lolol, unrealistic ridiculess carrott dangeling from GGE yet again, spoils the game, i feel like a donkey playing this chasing a carrot, or you can hope for individual top 400  a good 20 times to get 11k fabric, and we all know how much spend is needed to get individual 400 not only that but the constant time you need to spend on this game, its so wrong, thought up by deamons. never mind the ridiculess event end times, like nomads and the glory hits, that are not even global entry and could all end at 11pm in every country not a problem, but they want you to stay up or spend more to get a bigger lead and dont even say this is wrong coz its blatently obvious, its so wrong its untrue, event end times could be at a responsible time and effect no country server, and im talking about nomads and glory hits, not the events we play the world alliances at. but yeah sort the fabric out, its a joke. at least put them in nobility, or an obtainable page in the alliance rewards, and who ever said earlier that small alliances can reach the fabric in alliance rewards without much spend is a joker, the fabric is near the end pages, a handfull of alliances reach them, the individual rewards are easier to obtain, but only nomads, i think on extreme you get fabric, I tried archmaster once for the summer mystery boxes and they didnt even stat untill 850k points lol, nice one, do you know how many chests you need to buy to reach that target, 60k huge nomad chest,  so about 170k rubys, just to reach the first summer mystery box, thats just over £25 on a 200 prime, the fabric If I remember corectly was around 300k points, but yeah they gave you 1 piece, yeah thats right 1 flipping piece, 
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 268
    its good that you still would like to progress
    but
    for me how the last year has been with this game  i see no point in progressing it does more harm than good 
    there are things you can do in bth to make it easier but you will never finish in the top 100 thats been fixed for a long time now and one reason our alliance never does it anymore 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file