Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Tools?

Hi
What is happening about Event Tools? The only way a player can get decent tools is to spend. Not everyone can do this. If there is an error, it needs to be fixed quickly. If it is a deliberate ploy to get players to spend more, it will have the opposite effect. Players who can't spend will lose interest and leave the game.
I am L70/950 but, sorry, GGE have made a complete mess of the game by not giving out tools. I have looked over the different events, tasks and offers. No point in doing outer realms because who needs 5K+ vets if you have no decent tools. No point in taking offers to give additional waves of attack because, again, not enough tools to fill them. Collosus is a waste of time. I have now run out of  the special Nomad tools, so to carry on I could purchase  with silver coins but I would spend a lot more than I would gain, so the Nomads are finished with 2 days to go. This also means  that King Erics challenge is finished. For higher level players, the travelling knights are a waste of time also. So, where does that leave me and others? I guess we go and find another game to play!

Answers

• JPS Kills (GB1)JPS Kills (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    Hi
    What is happening about Event Tools? The only way a player can get decent tools is to spend. Not everyone can do this. If there is an error, it needs to be fixed quickly. If it is a deliberate ploy to get players to spend more, it will have the opposite effect. Players who can't spend will lose interest and leave the game.
    I am L70/950 but, sorry, GGE have made a complete mess of the game by not giving out tools. I have looked over the different events, tasks and offers. No point in doing outer realms because who needs 5K+ vets if you have no decent tools. No point in taking offers to give additional waves of attack because, again, not enough tools to fill them. Collosus is a waste of time. I have now run out of  the special Nomad tools, so to carry on I could purchase  with silver coins but I would spend a lot more than I would gain, so the Nomads are finished with 2 days to go. This also means  that King Erics challenge is finished. For higher level players, the travelling knights are a waste of time also. So, where does that leave me and others? I guess we go and find another game to play!
    It all depends on what your goal is. If you want to be 1st place in your Kingdom league for an event, then yes, you are going to use and need a large number of tools to go really far. If your goal is to get resources to complete buildings, then you don't need the tools and so, you just conserve them for a rainy day. 

If you are in competition with someone who already has 150k of nomad tablets and you know you don't have enough to compete, it is best to conserve those tools for the next time. Knowing your limits and when to stop is key to doing events.

I have around 5k of 10% glory banners left however, if I am in a KL with players who get 50 million glory without breaking a sweat, then there is no point in me using them as the fearless title is ok. You see, know your limitations because trying to keep up with the Joness, just like real-life, will eventually ruin you.
  • Ok, I understand all of that.
    I am not trying to keep up with anyone. I'm putting across my opinion and that of quite a few other players. Most of them have not bothered to do the latest Nomad event for example because they have not got tools and can't afford to purchase.
    I guess the question they all want answered is "why make this change"? Is it all about money? Do GGE just want the elite money spenders in the game?
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,348
    Well the way i see it GGE need both types of players , because without the ying there be no yang , ,
    most big spenders are about events , and those who fight like to hit empty castles , but without F2P playersthe money spenders will stop , .
    Who could you boast to to tell all how many you can kill , because they will all be the same , except the special one with the deepest pockets 
    So GGE need us all and yes F2p players need a little more help , but after all said and done , like most game it revolves around money, GGE know this , and that is why they have made a 220 bonus in rubies and the new 3 tiers sales where you can buy sceats , the game changes players come and go , 
    Just make the most of it when you can 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 398
    Kinhell you are correct there is no point really, most players I know log on just to say hello... Nothing will change as GGE are just after the money whilst it slowly dies..
  • Fordy:
    I have been checking my league table and nothing has happened for 18 hours. The positions and points gained have not moved.
    The chat room is empty and unfortunately I have to agree with you "it slowly dies". 
  • JPS Kills (GB1)JPS Kills (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    Kinhell you are correct there is no point really, most players I know log on just to say hello... Nothing will change as GGE are just after the money whilst it slowly dies..
    They do however, the game has always been about money so, it is not like we have been fooled by GGE or it is not as if GGE held a gun to the heads of those who pay. Just as we want ruby whales to respect us and let us play our own game in our own way, we should at least respect their way of playing, as long as it doesn't affect your game, it shouldn't really matter.
  • next time they send out a survey,  i wont be a happy gamer, i too dont see the reason to eliminate the tools for an event.  I wont be buying tools with rubies. So my play will probably drop off. as a 70/950,  I dont need this  game . Why play to  sit here and watch a tower grow for hours?
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 269
    the point about lack of tools/crates and not winning enough silver coins to replace what you use   has been mention before  and its becoming a big problem with alot of players now
    this ive been told by mods before is not going to change 
    its not about having enough to hit top spot every event its about having enough to be able to play an event so it does stop us playing how we would like to 
    ive  not done f/lords for months and down to playing every event on the forth go now to build up bits thats how it is now 
    in the long term gge loss out becouse like been said above theres no need to get all the other bits you might have got 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file