Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update or what ?????

Comments

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 282
    maybe i should have said something to do with the baron fortress in all lands instead of towers my fault

maybe a timed thing they attack you so often and a timed thing you attack them so often 
  • Well I sure hope it is not the RB's guess, but that makes the most sense really as RB's are in all lands already.

I and other's in alliances that we know have not done RB's in years as we get so much more stuff in the events.  The ONLY place worthwhile to hit is the fortress's for a few hundred rubies and some coin.  But even that I do not think would move many buyer as they get rubies from most packages they buy.  Of course GGE could add some sort of quest to it and get something better after so many attacks.

And if it is RB's attacking players, most of the time they are so weak.   They could be 10x, 15x stronger and still would not be a issue for most players.   I get attacked once and awhile by one in Ice or Sand and usually it is 6 or 10 troops it seems.  So even if they really boost it up to 60, 100, or even 200 decent troops coming at you it is not a issue, at least for me.  It would have to be a standard full attack with good tools for most players to even think about that incoming.  Then there is the FC's we have in place.   With 100% loot and fire reduction even those might be brushed aside as just a pest.

I know you cannot say much old bud Poseidon and I understand and so do others.   Just my opinion but if it is some sort of rework of RB's attacking you then that will be a let down for me.  But I can see how that would be a easy reprogram for GGE to do.   Just set the parameters higher on troops and tools and the frequency.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,352
    Your wrong about tower the towers are key to the game , especially if your a free to play gamer, they are not just for rubies , albeit they change the amount of rubies, and of course fortresses.

There the coins and the resources , and yes nomad give an abundance of resources but you still have to move them to worlds, but i built my account on towers , i make about 20k rubies a week and it pays for my kingdom league .

In all honesty if you detest that much , why dont you leave , GGE can do what they want , but they live and die , on what they do with it , it is there game , we just play our part in it , there are no bolts on the door , maybe gge will do something that will make throw it in , but constant complaining here will not change the direction of GGE .

Being retire now it passes the time away , and i started to play more in Bird now as i do not spend much anymore and with the new equipment , i will not be getting any for a long time. but being in bird , does not take away my fun , i am a builder and hunt down as much free stuff i can get .

As for the whales they are what they are , and spenders have always been a law unto themselves they will abuse steal and do as they please, they love the adoration from  they members in there ally , and it give them a buzz . but it is just pixel what is destroyed can be rebuilt , i notice spenders burn out quicker when they play , they get bored and move on .

So i love this game and if i was on my own i still love it, and i have many many friends and be patient with the teaser it is a tease for a reason but we will find out soon enough, just enjoy your game . because we are a small cog in corporate game that employs people .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • FatherPretzel (US1)FatherPretzel (US1) US1 Posts: 550
    edited 03.08.2022
    UD1 you miss what I think is my point.

Yes there are free players like you who grind away at RB's weekly for rubies and stuff.   I know many players that do that on US1 server.   But for me I got tired of RB's long ago.   I can get extra rubies on some events like Beri.  Most of my stuff is upgraded to where it needs to be or above.  Was years of me just daily grinding away years ago.   

I have also not done the Kingdom League ruby buy option for a long time as it is not worth the cost as all you get is some extra build and upgrade tokens.  There are less ruby cost ways to get the extra build/upgrade tokens you would get for upgrading your title in KL.  The main point in KL is to get at least ONE first and then you will get final ranking and a good amount of tokens at the end of the month of the tokens and a few other rewards.  You do not get extra "Bonus" tokens for the ruby buy in option at the end.  Last month I finished 37th on US1 Server and I do not buy any booster packages for events.   It is just figuring out the best way to get rewards for least spending.  Once you do that just follow the pattern you found and you will do well in KL.    

There are better ways for non or low buyer players to spend rubies and smarter ways also.  Fire station upgrades, drill ground upgrades, etc.  

All I was saying was that if it is RB's they are reworking it would have to change alot to make it a new twist to the game.   I have fire/loot casts at Ice, Sand, and Fire and can do at OPs in Green if I like.   I am a long term player and my casts give over 100% fire and in the 90's for loot with the same commander when you factor in the fire station.  Could I make this type of commander now? NO, as GGE  took away the fire and loot reduction in most pieces you get now.   But the old time pieces you can still get in some events, and with proper old type gems you can build a very strong fire/loot cast commander(s).

In my main with the HoL fire reduction I can get over 115% fire protection and no loot taken with the right Hero commander.  

If you enjoy hitting RB"s for stuff I am glad for you and others who do it.  Everyone has their own nitch and playing style.   I have hung around for the alliance chat with the few old players still playing that I know.   Once most of them leave I am gone and they are leaving one by one each month or two.  

Post edited by FatherPretzel (US1) on
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • how strange the teaser and this picture looks the same
    thus i think they are returning an old event or something (old players may understand this)
  • You are right that sure does look the same or very, very similiar.

I do not remember what that was from at all.

You also may be correct that they are bringing some old event back and updated it.

But I got now idea and now am under the bird for a good amount of time. 

Maybe the teasers will be done in a month when I get off of the bird protection....LoL

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    all i can remember is there was a place you could by troops and tools and send them to attack another castles without them coming from your castle so they never knew who sent them 
  • how strange the teaser and this picture looks the same
    thus i think they are returning an old event or something (old players may understand this)

Long years ago, on the beginning of GGE, there was a "winter event" (because it was the winter) that appeard just once, and by opposition the Thorn King was called "summer event". Maybe they are reintroducing the winter event ?

Merci à moi-même pour cette magnifique signature ;)

• If you go to my other post here asking mod Poseidon or BM HK you will see a link to a adventure that was done many years ago.

If they are bringing this back in some form it will have to be harder and such for it to be worthwhile playing.  Assuming you have a choice of course.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    sounds like one of those jig saw events build a bridge attack a tower related to blade coast/thorn king
    it could be fun if it is 
  • JPS Kills (GB1)JPS Kills (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    If I had to guess, I would hope (one of my old ideas from an old account) that they have created a new map that has robber barons that give out special resources and start from level 81, since the price of recruiting mead troops is expensive. However, I could be wrong. 
    My second guess is that there will be a new glory event that will replace the old bloodcrow and the other glory event. This one however, will involve not only hitting the glory castles that will be heavily fortified, but also trying to defend heavy attacks. Something tells me that with the animated image of fire, these glory castles will have attacks that include tools from level 4 siege/defence workshops. But that is my two'penneth.
  • My second guess is that there will be a new glory event that will replace the old bloodcrow and the other glory event. This one however, will involve not only hitting the glory castles that will be heavily fortified, but also trying to defend heavy attacks. Something tells me that with the animated image of fire, these glory castles will have attacks that include tools from level 4 siege/defence workshops. But that is my two'penneth.

Long years ago, forreigns could attack players, but it was removed because some little players could receive very big attacks and you couldn't choose when you get attacked.

Merci à moi-même pour cette magnifique signature ;)

My second guess is that there will be a new glory event that will replace the old bloodcrow and the other glory event. This one however, will involve not only hitting the glory castles that will be heavily fortified, but also trying to defend heavy attacks. Something tells me that with the animated image of fire, these glory castles will have attacks that include tools from level 4 siege/defence workshops. But that is my two'penneth.

Long years ago, forreigns could attack players, but it was removed because some little players could receive very big attacks and you couldn't choose when you get attacked.
    I remember those and to be honest, the incomings weren't great. As long as you set up your defences correctly, an incoming glory attack would never win. In those days, many players really believed that the incomings came from real players from other servers when in reality, it was just AI (no level 70 would defend with all attackers.)
    now that might be a good event if alliancess where matched up 
    it would be interesting to know if this is going to be a one off every year for the anniversary or an event that will happen more often 
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 347
    halfway through September and still nothing about the f-ing update
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,259
    halfway through September and still nothing about the f-ing update
    Hello, we never announce full updates this early. As mentioned before, there's closed alpha and beta testing going on performed by trusted players. The update is being worked on, just sit tight.
  • You can close this thread Poseidon.

I and others are not worried really anymore.   When it comes, it comes.......  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 347

Lo and Behold ! The new update is here with an amazing deco piece
This discussion has been closed.