Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Interference in Alliance affairs

I've got a player in the military who went into ruins... Rikari. Now since when doe's GGE decide to boot that player out of an active alliance??? This player WILL return and has now lost his OPS!
How about this... GGE keeps their fingers out of alliance business and takes care of the damn game!?
https://screenrec.com/share/urDMjhl6FI
Herc7407 @ usa 1

Comments

• JPS Kills (GB1)JPS Kills (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    I've got a player in the military who went into ruins... Rikari. Now since when doe's GGE decide to boot that player out of an active alliance??? This player WILL return and has now lost his OPS!
    How about this... GGE keeps their fingers out of alliance business and takes care of the damn game!?
    https://screenrec.com/share/urDMjhl6FI
    Nothing really to do with the mods or anyone else for that matter other than teh developpers. I am certain they type in a code that when the expiration date arrives, the player is removed because they are in ruins. This helps to free up the spot on the map and free up the ops too. I have seen it happen many times and when someone goes beyond the duration, then they are removed automatically by the software. It is nothing personal from GGE, just that new players need a place to park their castle and if there are ops involved later on, then so be it. If your player does eventually come back, his right to reclaim his old ops has gone.
  • Herc7407 (US1)Herc7407 (US1) US1 Posts: 40
    However long this player is carried by his alliance, ruins or not is entirely up to the alliance involved. I checked the time line and 2 months were left before the OP's returned to unowned status. I'm not new JPS, this is something new started by GGE. 
    Herc7407 @ usa 1
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,259
    I double checked but this is not a new feature.
    However long this player is carried by his alliance, ruins or not is entirely up to the alliance involved. I checked the time line and 2 months were left before the OP's returned to unowned status. I'm not new JPS, this is something new started by GGE. 
    No-one ever said you were new to this game so, that is one strawman argument out of the way.

This feature is once again, not a new feature since it happened a few years ago to one player I knew. It was in the alliance description that the player was removed. I asked the leader if he booted him but no, he was removed automatically regardless of having ops or not. At the end of the day, if that player has gone to ruins, and therefore does not care to play anymore, then he will be kicked out automatically. His ops are open to be captured by anyone. It is a war game after all.

Lastly, if a player is in ruins and in an alliance, of course there is a rule of not taking the ops unless permitted to do so, but outside of the alliance open season.
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 347
    Better not to speak before knowing the full argument. Let the mods reply
    edited 12.07.2022
    Better not to speak before knowing the full argument. Let the mods reply
    If I have seen a similar situation (not just once but many times)before, then I can give my informed opinion. If someone asks a mod if carrots are yellow, then I can give my own opinion and say yes, they are yellow as I have seen them and since you have no opinion to give on the subject other than to criticise me, then your opinion is misplaced. @Poseidon Am I wrong in my opinion given a few days ago; that it is something that was brought into the game years ago?

Furthermore, I may add that if he thinks that it is a bug, then it should be in the technical assistance thread and not in the general. See how much I am helping?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file