Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

cheats

funny how a thread about cheats  gets shut down that just shows you whats what come on gge sort it out you can but that might be against the grain for you
one of the biggest problems is many alliances are short of members so they take new members in  and also  at there word also lower alliances are should we say not aware of these problems so get sucked in alot more
many alliances dont take many new members in becouse of the problems
but this in turn does not help returning players or new players so they falter after a few months and give up which is not healthy for the game either

Comments

• the beast (GB1)the beast (GB1) GB1 Posts: 12
    what happened to the previous thread on this topic? I made a few posts to the thread about an hour ago after my alliance become a victim to these cheats, just returned to the forum now to see if anyone has responded to my comments only to find that the thread has been closed by a moderator, with no reason being given as to why the thread was closed. Is any moderator here able to give a reason why the thread was closed?
    the beast
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,218
    Hello @bazzara (GB1) and @the beast (GB1),

It was me who closed the thread earlier today. As you can see in the Community Guidelines under naming and shaming, threads like the one closed are not allowed. See the following from the official guidelines, these can be found at the bottom of the quick links (Right hand side of the screen).

1. Naming and Shaming

A. Introduction

I. It is not allowed to publicly discuss other players / alliances / cooperatives actions and behaviour in the forum, this includes accusing other players / alliances / cooperatives of dishonest behaviour, such as cheating, hacking, alliance theft or similar things, and blaming them for certain things. If you really encountered a case of another player cheating, please contact support or our forum teams on this matter with evidences.

II. (Empire and E4K) The naming of player names for the reporting of events in the game, in combat reports or in other in-game disputes is explicitly allowed. Publishing private messages is not allowed.

B. Explanation on penalty points

I. 0 point warning = For discussing another players / alliances / cooperatives actions openly in the forum (e.g. using it as an example) or criticising those actions whilst not being aware that it is forbidden.

II. 2 point warning = For criticising another players / alliances / cooperatives behaviour and actions openly in the forum knowing that this is forbidden.

III. 3 point warning = For directly accusing other players / alliances / cooperatives of dishonest behaviour.

In this case, after reading all the messages carefully and speaking to some people in private, I believe this user is not a hacker but instead someone who abused the good faith of others. Password sharing is not allowed for a reason, unfortunately it still happens and people still fall victim to it.
  • Great Crumb (GB1)Great Crumb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 77
    edited 26.06.2022

I see you have been hit by the same hacker as us
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 268
    thats a hard one poseidon but i know where your coming from
    but is this not one place that you can make aware to other alliances whats going on so others dont get caught out 
    these things like you said should not happen but do
    as regards to reporting  to support would they help   ???

• JPS Kills (GB1)JPS Kills (GB1) GB1 Posts: 323
    but is this not one place that you can make aware to other alliances whats going on so others dont get caught out 

To quote "poseidon"

"In this case, after reading all the messages carefully and speaking to some people in private, I believe this user is not a hacker but instead someone who abused the good faith of others. Password sharing is not allowed for a reason, unfortunately it still happens and people still fall victim to it."

At the end of the day bazz, what is the reward for hacking an account? If this player is so good at hacking, he would be able to hack into the server side and change all his information, give himself the rubies etc. Since this has not happened, then it is clearly down to password sharing which has been brought up ever since this game started. It is not allowed and yet the ruby alliances and other alliances are doing it blatantly.
    i agree jps
    i dont think hardly any of the above things are hacking so yes down to players passing passwords on yes 
    unfortunately these things do happen i do think in a few low alliancess they do do it as part of the game right or wrong
    the thing is if you have you need to change it 
    my point was they know things like shells bots go on and still let them happen even if evidence is handed to them on a plate did you notice the bots out in the last nomads it got to a point where everybody was watching it was amazing to see 
  • Just to add we had someone join saying he was someone in the alliance with exactly the same name (we have looked and looked and couldn't see a difference), this shouldn't be possible if GGE were doing their job, but it did. Just saying to be aware of what can happen, the difference was he was a level 6.

I've left the thread visible for this very reason.
    At the end of the day and, I am not afraid to say it; the only CHEATS in this game are those players or alliances that persists in sharing passwords. Crimson Guard in the old days were vilified for it by the old BSK, yet at the same time BSK were practiciing it. Even today, alliances that took the moral highground aer openly abusing it. I can think of one alliance who has a player go into pro-mode for 50+ days and once it is over, he goes back into it. His one op is probably 300 clicks from his own main, he doesn't have a flag of any sorts, yet he is in a top alliance. 
    i think the points have been made now but just beware of sharing passwords
    as an example
    in one of my old alliances it did happen and the player affected did pass  his password on right or wrong but the player who had it kept it for 7 months before picking his time to using it in that time he had left our alliance
    so if in doubt change it
    also the other thing about very near names dont let them into your alliance  and dont put them in the command 
    enjoy the game how it should be enjoyed
    This is now getting out of control. 5 new accounts have surrounded my main castle and something needs to be done. @Poseidon. I am going to put up the screen capture and I might just put up the namesakes of these players. I have contacted each player to let them know that their account has been recreated with special characters.
    you need to report them to  support and the castles with the right names need to report them  as well

it just shows you that gge need to take action or more players will leave the game 

you need to report them to  support and the castles with the right names need to report them  as well

it just shows you that gge need to take action or more players will leave the game 

For a player like me, it has taken me years to get to level 70 and I have had 3-4 pauses in the game because a lowering of morale. This is due to a tendinopathy of the shoulder which makes it difficult to type and you just cannot concentrate on the game. In any case, the report has been done however, going to be tricky to give them the names because support might just throw out legitimate players. I cannot even get the right co-ords for those castles.
    i see it looks like the bots are out again on the uk server hitting into nomads 
    if this is the case it is happening every event now it seems to me
    so how come gge are letting it go on
    this i thought was against the game rules 

Can you explain to me what makes you think that bots are being used again? I would argue the change in rewards has made people try just a tad bit harder than usual.
    hi poseidon
    you maybe right
    with my low grey cells i find it hard to see how somebody could get 130 million nomad points in two hours 
    i know there are bonuses and addons that can be used and also i realise players do spend money
    if that sort of score is possible then good for them putting the hard work in and i apologies and i will not bring the supject up again  
    it would also show how out of touch i am with this game now
    I am not a fan of this fact but it's very possible to get that amount of points in roughly 2 hours. It's steep but at a higher difficulty level combined with the biggest boost an experienced player can get it done.
    that sums up that then they must be getting more nomad points from one hit than what i get from six nomad events 

it would be interesting to know what sort of totals per hits in levels for nomads tokens is possible  

hi poseidon
    you maybe right
    with my low grey cells i find it hard to see how somebody could get 130 million nomad points in two hours 
    i know there are bonuses and addons that can be used and also i realise players do spend money
    if that sort of score is possible then good for them putting the hard work in and i apologies and i will not bring the supject up again  
    it would also show how out of touch i am with this game now
    It is no different to one player getting over 3 billion glory points and the next best player only has 200 million. The difference is the bonus (1,000% glory bonus for £99) and the higher glory because of number of waves used, the castellan faced and the defensive troop type faced. As for nomads, I have seen a report from an incoming khan with 27,000 attack troops so, you can imagine the amount of KL points that represents.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file