Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Misty Castle Outers was brutal and needs changes

Just finished the Mistry Castle Outers and it was brutal and so much is tilted on the attack side it is hard to place even in the 3000-4000 for low spenders now unless you somehow get a medium or big alliance to take you in which is like pissing in the wind (slang term).

I did everything right like I have done before but this time the big spenders are getting even worst.   GGE does not make it any easier for us low spenders as we do not have any real way to defend effectively.  Even if your alliance bands together your coin troops are no match for the large spenders to just come in and take much.  We are realistic and know that we will not finish in top 500 or even top 1500 like spenders will but at least give us a chance to survive.

You go into the equipment tent and there are many many relic bonuses for attacking and super strong commander's for rubies.  Yet if you look for Defense stuff to get there are ZERO relic bonus items and the only commander you can get is the son of the eagle.  Which you also  have to renew each 24 hours.  But the stats are set at 82/82 with a 60's CY max if you do the gems.  Yes you can sell your deco's for coin but then your PO goes down and you can produce less food so you can hold less troops.  Even with your HoL set to all Defense it is a struggle to just survive for 6 or 7 days.

We got hit time and time again by Rubie attack commanders with 140/140+ and over 120CY.   They have all these bonuses and then on top of it they sell for rubies the extra attack waves item.   So you are hit by 6k+ attacks and since you have such a low Defense commander it will takes a lot of coin or even the Rubie troops offered to hold.  We were losing 20K easily to there 5-6K but you can only keep up so long that Defense support.   Even if you win they will just come back and hit you again and again till you run out.  

Is it no wonder that you see so many players crash and burn in one or two days.   There is no way to keep up your points if you and your alliance is targeted by the medium and large spenders.

Sure you can open gates but most of the alliances and using Legion XIII as an example they will send many after you one after the other to clean you out.  There are also Russian and French ones that do the same thing and is getting worst.  Of course they will not pack with you ever to help you.  Also what we saw this version is they would wait till a hour or two before the point reset and then hit you.  They know that low spenders and free players are grinding many hours to get points.  Then they take most away in a short burst of 30-45 minutes.

It would not be so unfair if GGE at least gave you the opportunity to get a better Defense commander even if for rubies.  But it seems they want to stack the deck so much for attack and destroy.

Also even though you get a copy of you place in green it is not with any of the updates to troops you may have finished.  You can still only recruit at a slow place base level Val Defense troops.   Yet in the tents you can "BUY" level 10 ones with rubies.   

I know GGE has to make some money but the game is bleeding players each month which is not healthy for the long term.
Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 316
    Its obvious that this version is much harder but at least its different. There were only 15k players I think which would be about half the normal outers but would be interesting to see if  it generates more income due to the settings.
    The only way to get a defence casty is the alliance smithy but that takes a lot of luck. Its just a matter of picking when to defend and you have to be online throughout the reset period.  I do think more players will drop off there though
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,556
    Unpopular opinion but I reckon misty gives the none spenders a better chance than might points, rankswap (maybe) and heritage. In misty everyone is able to get some points because they can sell decorative items, this isn't possible in the heritage mode.

As someone who spends money on these events, I prefer heritage for it's ease, misty for the payout and might points is just boring to me. I have also competed in these events without spending, and to be fair, it wasn't great in most events, but I was still able to put up a decent score in misty.
  • Yes players did drop off as the days went on and we saw more and more sub 1000 and then sub 100 point places.  On the last day we even saw players with zero points and many, many single and double digit places.  

That just meant also that the main groups moved on to someone else or alliance to destroy.   Buy the 4th or maybe 5th day we were in there sights and was a real struggle them last few days just to try and stay in top 2000 or 3000.  A few of our players just made it under 6000 which is the rewards drop-off point.

I am not saying it has to be exactly fair on both attack and defense sides but at least make it where it is possible to defend.

Right now if you do not spend anything you are burnt toast within 2 days at most.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 796
    Misty used to be alright, but it is getting worse and worse, because it's getting easier and easier for the big spenders to buy more and more bonuses and fighting power.
    This time my castle spawned near Legion XIII. Despite having a decent castellan (for a non-spender that is) and plenty of defenders (around 20k if I remember correctly), overnight my army and my points were reduced to nothing. I couldn't even see who the big attackers had been, because those battle reports were already pushed out by the sheer amount of newer reports.
    I didn't bother to get new troops, as there was nothing left to fight for.
    I just logged out and never returned...
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Hey Poseidon I cannot do squat in Might points without buying so have given that one up 100%.

Rankswap I can do ok (2000-3000Area) with just one $4.99 bonus buy.

Hertitage is same as Might points and I do not do as cannot get anything without spending at least $9.98 (2 bonus times at $4.99 each) and just not worth it.  So it is skipped 100% of the time by 99% of f2p players.

Misty I can do without buying "IF" we do not get targeted by the big boys to early in the event.   If we are the I need to do at least one $4.99 buy on the bonus and save the rubies for when I come back.

But the last 2 times the medium and large groups just creamed us on day 4 or 5 and was a struggle to even get top 2500.

Yes you are a buyer and you do not have the disadvantage of going in with a small or med alliance that is 25% non spenders, 25% buy the lowest package at $4.99 on the bonus.   Another 40% do about $20 bucks and the last 10% (1 or 2 players will drop 25-50 bucks).

I am sure you go in with the big boys or are asked to join them.   

Yes you can sell the deco's you are right but as the large waves come in the deco's go fast and the more you sell the less food you produce.  So after a day or two at most you are seeing dead places already in large fires.

But you are right as a F2P and low, low buyer Misty might be the best for tokens but not the last 2 times.  Was a real struggle.  The alliance groups have worked together to leave each other mostly alone and so we are just fodder.

Forget BTH as it is a 95% big buyer event to do anything.  Maybe 5% get the crumbs but not worth the effort.

So we skip it as a alliance 9 times out of 10 times run.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • So then by your admission of spending (how much is your business) you have no real idea how f2P and low spenders ($4.99 one time'ers) struggle in the events to even get crumbs.  Like I said above some we just skip as just a waste of time for us.

Also you did not answer the main point on how GGE has made Misty now so lope-sided favoring attackers.

Why cannot Defense get some bread crumbs at this table.   

You try living like us and be a coin person and have a spender group go after your group of low or non spenders and see how it feels to grind and grind all day just to have some players spend and take most or all away in 30 minutes.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    So then by your admission of spending (how much is your business) you have no real idea how f2P and low spenders ($4.99 one time'ers) struggle in the events to even get crumbs.  Like I said above some we just skip as just a waste of time for us.

Also you did not answer the main point on how GGE has made Misty now so lope-sided favoring attackers.

You try living like us and be a coin person and have a spender group go after your group of low or non spenders and see how it feels to grind and grind all day just to have some players spend and take most or all away in 30 minutes.

]I have also competed in these events without spending, and to be fair, it wasn't great in most events, but I was still able to put up a decent score in misty.
    You must've missed this then ;-)
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,559
    edited 03.12.2021
    So then by your admission of spending (how much is your business) you have no real idea how f2P and low spenders ($4.99 one time'ers) struggle in the events to even get crumbs.  Like I said above some we just skip as just a waste of time for us.

]I have also competed in these events without spending, and to be fair, it wasn't great in most events, but I was still able to put up a decent score in misty.
    was that in you're own alliance ?  then it's easy to do indeed  cause not many alliance will attack alliances like your with all those money spenders :)  cause they know what will happen . maybe try in a small alliances of 2 players :)  yes 2 cause most of my alliance gave up with this event cause of it. and i'm giving it up to with this event 
    flug @ nl 1
    Misty used to be alright, but it is getting worse and worse, because it's getting easier and easier for the big spenders to buy more and more bonuses and fighting power.
    This time my castle spawned near Legion XIII. Despite having a decent castellan (for a non-spender that is) and plenty of defenders (around 20k if I remember correctly), overnight my army and my points were reduced to nothing. I couldn't even see who the big attackers had been, because those battle reports were already pushed out by the sheer amount of newer reports.
    I didn't bother to get new troops, as there was nothing left to fight for.
    I just logged out and never returned...
    same for a player wich i was there with, we where with 2 in misty . 
    I got a german alliance from merged bigspenders of several german alliances. was the last time for me and therefore no longer necessary to get into the top1000 of KC.

GGE should block that merge. same as horizon but with the understanding that players must be in that alliance for at least 1 week
    flug @ nl 1

was that in you're own alliance ?  then it's easy to do indeed  cause not many alliance will attack alliances like your with all those money spenders :)  cause they know what will happen . maybe try in a small alliances of 2 players :)  yes 2 cause most of my alliance gave up with this event cause of it. and i'm giving it up to with this event 
    It wasn't in Legion but assumptions rule the world right?

It wasn't in Legion but assumptions rule the world right?
    okay then. but i can assume that they don't run you over in OR :))) that wouldn't be nice
    flug @ nl 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 222
    I was attacked every day  legion XIII and still survived to top 6k which was my goal. They was not far from me. Key is that you need to be online as much you can. I did spend 5 euros on 7 days. Month or so ago in normal heritage they tried to run over, not success that time either.

Yes, 6k attack hurt but so does 30-40k defs too.

If you cannot stay online much, then this is maybe not event for you. And move your castle away from big spenders if possible.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 67
    What is preventing GGE giving more rewards to those further down, in those events, even if it's just troops?

When they come back they don't last long, these days, especially with the new rankings in Crows etc.

To me, it would give a bit of an incentive to enter, just like the build event.

I only enter the build event now (although being a spender). Entering that affects your events in the Main, when you only have a couple in your alliance there, and would have to concentrate there so much.

Why don't they make one event an individual event (No Alliances) One against one. Yes the big spenders will still be top, but I feel that would be more open
  • I think they did the 6000 reward limit to try and get more to spend to get to that level.  

I am just giving my opinion but misty is a spending event now if you want to get points each time it run.

There are times you may be able to do for free and still get 5000-6000 range but that would be luck I think now.

You can just look at the top alliances and see they are spending freely as some have 30, 40, 50+ members which take alot of rubies to expand your alliance.   All for a 7 day event also and I just do not see rewards even in the top 200 worth spending a bunch.   All are Temp items so I cannot see the point why they spend so much.   I guess I just do not see having a itme for 28 or 42 or whatever days as a big win.   It will go away and then if you want it again you have to spend, spend, spend again.

I know that is what GGE wants but in the long term they will lose as bit by bit players are leaving and I just do not see any real new ones coming in to take their place.  There is a reason the maps have so much free space......

Also I agree with one of the above posters Mod Poseidon X, join a normal (not top 10) alliance hat does not spend a ton one the event as maybe there players cannot afford to.  Then you see how hard it is to even survive the event.  I have offered to you many times to come join us and see what it is like.  Remember this is a game and even low or f2P should have some chance if they work hard to score a token amount of rewards.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 222
    Actually I wonder now what you complain here, you was 1917. on there. You got few attacks from legion and cry about it here or what is the problem?

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • I was only 1917 overall as I actually spent 2x or 3x on $4.99 Rubie bonus which is not my normal playing but I was the Leader so I had to help a lot.  I usually spend $4.99 one time in Misty but once we started to get hit a lot by a French group below us called  Lame de Lam which had 3 or 4 really good spenders (they finished 1 million range).  Then there was a Russian alliance also, 3amok something that was right below us (within 30 clicks at most).  So we had the daily attacks around 1-4PM  CST US time.   Which I guess was a good time for them.  So I had to do something for my group and I spend a 2nd time and maybe even a 3rd time, but all were $4.99 buys.  I felt I had to help a lot more than usual.

My normal finish is 3500-5000 range but that is spending $4.99 one time.   As the leader I did the 2nd/3rd spend to help my team with support each day and that cost coin and troops I had to buy.  We had most finish but some just made 6000 ranking on the last day.  

Another reason if you want to know also how I did that well and our group survived is we had some players come over last Three days about 45 minutes before the point resets and move by us to feed some easy points after we got the French and Russian hits.  We knew that once the French and Russians won they could not come back for hours.  So we planned on these players to come after that and restock us on points.  That was nice of them and we appreciated it greatly that they took the time to help us.

It is not the best strategy but was something we had to do for the 1st time.  And yes all were real players in US1 Server in Green and not alts.....

Lastly I was 2300 range on day 6 before the last reset.  If we did not do what we did I would have finished about 2400-2500 I figure.  But the players coming over to feed us really helped.  
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Also if you can see past events you will see I skip Heritage and Might now.   They are ones I cannot even get in the 10K range and my funds(real money) are limited to 2x a month at $4.99 normally.

I can still get ranked in Swap with just one $4.99 spending.  Usually in the 3000 area.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    I think they did the 6000 reward limit to try and get more to spend to get to that level.  
    Misty gives the best rewards because the rewards are distributed over 6k instead of 10k ;-)
  • I did not think of that Poseidon.

So that is why there are a bit more tokens.

Thanks for the info and that just cements it for me.  Might and Heritage are history for me.

That and my goals are modest really.   Just finish the level 6 HoL stuff.   Not even going to try for any level 7 stuff.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file