Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

What is a cheap currency account

Ok call me old (Which I am up in years) and naïve but what is a Cheap Currency Account?

I read in posts that it is used to buy rubies cheaply and maybe even in greater amounts.

So how do they do this?  It is never explained how this is done just that is being done.

What country are they using and how do they do that?

I would think if GGE knows I am a US server player with a US e-mail address it would flag to them that I am doing this. 

Can someone explain to a older person who this is done.

Sincerely,

Justinlegoboy  
Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 68
    all i know its something about setting the internet and router to be  setup to be used  through another country where the rates of exchange are better
    so in return  if i buy a pint of bear in a pub for say £5.00  the person next to me is only paying 50p
    so he could buy 10 pints for the cost of my 1
    so thats why some players are walk out of the pub or not buying a pint anymore or stop playing the game it makes the balance of things so unfair 
    but again gge know about it and are not prepared to do anything about it 
  • Thanks for the bit of info.

So is GGE that bad as a company that they do not know this is happening, assuming it is.

So what countries are they using and why are rubies cheaper there.

Would it not seem strange to GGE employees in accounting or another area that there are say 50K users in South Africa buying when the South Africa server has only 5,000 accounts playing the game on that server.  Would that not be a red flag.  You can insert any country, just using South Africa as an example.

Still would like a better understanding on what country(s) are cheap and how this is done.  Seem like it is said it is done but no one really explains it.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,559
    Thanks for the bit of info.

So is GGE that bad as a company that they do not know this is happening, assuming it is.

So what countries are they using and why are rubies cheaper there.

Would it not seem strange to GGE employees in accounting or another area that there are say 50K users in South Africa buying when the South Africa server has only 5,000 accounts playing the game on that server.  Would that not be a red flag.  You can insert any country, just using South Africa as an example.

Still would like a better understanding on what country(s) are cheap and how this is done.  Seem like it is said it is done but no one really explains it.

does GGE cares where the money came from? as long it's going on their bank account ?  ;)
    They sure notice  i think .  there are on our server few account or more who are in safe mode for 5873 days ,1400days,2000days.  so GGE is seeing what is happening . :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,556
    edited 02.12.2021
    So cheap currency accounts, better known as a proxy, is an account that's using a currency that it shouldn't be. GGS is aware of this but considering it's tax fraud it's outside of their reach. The price of rubies is based off how much people make on average, someone in the UK makes way more than someone in brazil, so rubies are "cheaper" in brazil.
    They aren't actually cheaper there, for someone living in brazil they are actually more expensive, but for someone living in the uk, they are cheaper. But it's not as extreme as described above, it's not 10 times cheaper, it's closer to half the original price.

It's like building up a decent amount of money by working in the uk and then moving to a country where the costs of living are cheaper.

It's an issue, but it's not nearly as big as people seem to believe, there are a lot of measures in place now to prevent these accounts and to revert them back to the original prices. When an account is caught it's automatically set to the correct currency and then it's unable to change back.

I know how to do it, how to prevent getting caught and how others have gotten caught but I will obviously not explain how this is done. It's tax fraud and I advise against doing it, it's just a game.
  • I would not do it either my old GGE Mod friend just do not understand why, how, and why GGE lets it keep going on if it is actually happening.  Yes they get some money but seems like the amount of bad vibes other players get and then leave would make it a losing proposition in the long run.

Seems like a bad business model to let cheating go on in a game.  

Not sure about the tax fraud you mention as I am not up to date on that stuff.  But even if it is I doubt any country would go after someone for spending $100 or $300 a month via this route you know of.  Just not would be cost effective for the governments time.

Since I am a super low buyer ($4.99 or $9.98 a month at best on a 200% bonus)and many other months nothing there would be no reason for me to do it even if I got told how.

Using your example of about 1/2 Poseidon if I spend US $4.99 for 14,100 rubies on a 200% bonus would not be a big deal for me to get 28,200 instead as my buying is so low.   Why go through the trouble.   

Thanks you for your explaining it better.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,556
    I would not do it either my old GGE Mod friend just do not understand why, how, and why GGE lets it keep going on if it is actually happening.  Yes they get some money but seems like the amount of bad vibes other players get and then leave would make it a losing proposition in the long run.

Seems like a bad business model to let cheating go on in a game.  

Not sure about the tax fraud you mention as I am not up to date on that stuff.  But even if it is I doubt any country would go after someone for spending $100 or $300 a month via this route you know of.  Just not would be cost effective for the governments time.

Since I am a super low buyer ($4.99 or $9.98 a month at best on a 200% bonus)and many other months nothing there would be no reason for me to do it even if I got told how.

Using your example of about 1/2 Poseidon if I spend US $4.99 for 14,100 rubies on a 200% bonus would not be a big deal for me to get 28,200 instead as my buying is so low.   Why go through the trouble.   

Thanks you for your explaining it better.
    It's near impossible for ggs to do something about, the bank tells GGS: This user bought this item for 500 pounds and is located in the UK. They can't really do anything about that, it's not something for them to take care of I think. But like I said, there are systems now that do a better job at preventing and catching these accounts.
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    edited 02.12.2021
    My opinion for what it is worth , THE PROXY , THE TAX FRAUDS THE TROLLS THE CHEATS , thay are in this game, and hold all the cards in this game

I would go as far as calling it theft. we always been quoted terms and conditions by GGE , so why dont they hold up there part of terms and conditions. and if by chance they catch someone another 2 more will pop up.

And this is why they are temporary accounts to basically steal from another player, there not worried about it being banned as long as it does it job in 24 hours of use, to park 2 million defence on an active players outpost , metro capital, once they reach there objective and steal what they want , they let it go 

I will give you an example a player in international 1 has made at least 20 dummy accounts around him so no one can move  close to him, but hears the rub , in GGE wisdom they banned these level 5 account for 5 years instead of deleting them , the player who did this is laughing he has achieved what he wanted.

Solution make capturing outpost impossible to capture ie you cant, not rocket science, but for me i will stay in bird and the ruby cost is funded by GGE , But they also lost a paying customer , i use to spend  £1200 a year now i do not, okay i do not progress as quick as i like , but i am moving forward, and less money wasted .

But i am not the only one that thinks like this and who has stopped spending , and i guess you may say who cares about me not spending because of this crap . and my money may lead profit for game , but once it affect profits overall , it may change.

Tony for what it is worth .

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 222
    Ban is result using stolen CC or claim money back from CC company.

As moderator explained proxy use only get your currency reset to higher (normal) price if get caught. Nothing else happens.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file