Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Ahhhhh, GGE and their GREED is showing once again -

Okay, EVERYONE on the US1 Server is seeing pretty much NO "real deals" on bonus tools, ruby items, etc. With no real rewards given out as well on events and other "contests" in the game. Seriously, the pitiful "token rewards" for glory totals, being in the Top 20, etc are really embarrassing to the company. For all the "mead items" you'd win in BTH now being "rewarded" for glory events, the most important one to get is the very LAST they give, AFTER you get BILLIONS in glory, which is nothing but laughable. And to be perfectly honest, it's like being slapped in the face. 

I'm seeing more and more EMPTY lands around me, and more and more castles going to ruins. Why? Because the "brain trust" suits and think tanks at GGE are doing nothing but continuously looking for more ways to rip us off in the name of "glorious wins and titles" in this ever-growing OLD game. And if they keep it up, they're going to "grow" themselves right out of tons more players. 

I'm about ready to pack it in and find a game that's more affordable, more satisfying and easier on my pocketbook and bank account. And then there's always Assassins Creed on PS4/PS5. I always find that more fun, with less investment cash.

Wise up GGE - you're digging a hole you're eventually not going to be able to dig yourself out of. How many more thousands of players do you need to lose before you LEARN this???

Just sayin' - my two cents worth. Oh wait, this is GGE, make that $49.99 worth - 

Comments

• skel (GB1)skel (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    It would be interesting to see how a "set price" server fared. A server where everyone pays exactly the same regardless of location. Would it be more or less profitable than some of the current servers?  Would it entice players back? Would it attract current players bored of watching GGS take no action against the latest proxy accounts?

But I dont suppose GGS can afford to admit that their business model of the last few years was a bag of shite.
    skel @ en 1
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 68
    it is a shame that there is nobody in gge  to talk to the mods try to help but they hold no weight at all if they did im sure they would say there peace to them
      they must have a overall plan or have they have twisted the figures so much they cant see the trees becouse of the wood

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,557
    it is a shame that there is nobody in gge  to talk to the mods try to help but they hold no weight at all if they did im sure they would say there peace to them
      they must have a overall plan or have they have twisted the figures so much they cant see the trees becouse of the wood

Well, we do speak our minds to the studio, but that doesn't always lead to something.
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,557
    TBH I don't think anyone really knows what GGE's end game / future game really is. If this forum was about any other big name game developer, then they would be really worried about their game, and probably poring over so many complaints from the end users of their game, and probably listening and proposing changes. However that doesn't seem to be the case with GGE, and for some reason they and their rop's seem to be in a fantasy game think that knowing will happen if they just leave things carry on as they are, and with updates set to drive even more of their player base away.

I have been critised by some for a negative attitude, but be honest whats left!  After coming up with and posting positive things, and idea's like many, many others, and have them knocked back, ignored, and turned around, what is left, especially when GGE in turn seem to do exactly the oposite, knowing it will bring that negative attitude from the players. I think the message is, if you are going to destroy your game GGE, please do it quickly so we can all move on.
    If there's nothing positive that you can think of then I am sorry to say this, but you're probably not in the right place. I generally avoid situations that are nothing but negativity. 
  • TBH I don't think anyone really knows what GGE's end game / future game really is. If this forum was about any other big name game developer, then they would be really worried about their game, and probably poring over so many complaints from the end users of their game, and probably listening and proposing changes. However that doesn't seem to be the case with GGE, and for some reason they and their rop's seem to be in a fantasy game think that knowing will happen if they just leave things carry on as they are, and with updates set to drive even more of their player base away.

I have been critised by some for a negative attitude, but be honest whats left!  After coming up with and posting positive things, and idea's like many, many others, and have them knocked back, ignored, and turned around, what is left, especially when GGE in turn seem to do exactly the oposite, knowing it will bring that negative attitude from the players. I think the message is, if you are going to destroy your game GGE, please do it quickly so we can all move on.
    If there's nothing positive that you can think of then I am sorry to say this, but you're probably not in the right place. I generally avoid situations that are nothing but negativity. 
    Poseidon, you're joking, right??? Have you taken a look at the lands on the US1 server lately? I have seen so many castles around me go to ruins I have lost count. I have tried to "stay positive" in this game, and have tried to spread that "positivity" to others, but it gets harder and harder as we players watch the greed train continue to run the rails in this game. And the "new improvements" to make it (LOL) easier to defend the ruby whales when they attack you take tons and tons of sceats, relic items to build BIs that you cant possibly win unless you spend and spend and spend. So I ask you in all honesty - what IS there to be positive about, exactly? The rewards for the events? Junk that may help you for a day as far as mead goes. A deco that is so far below the level of the ones we already have in castles and ops that you end up selling for the coins, which do really anything for your game unless you want to spend the MILLIONS on research for mead buildings, etc. MILLIONS. For ONE upgrade out of, what - 10? The new defense tools arent available until you spend thousands of sceats before them, like upgrading your relic troops 10 levels each for melee and then archers, and that starts with attackers first, and then defense, 10 levels each again. In a process that takes 12 days, for real. Of course, you can BUY rubies and waste them on "buying your way in", which means those who do the f2p gaming will NEVER - N.E.V.E.R. - get there before 2022 is even close to being over. 

In all reality, this game has turned into a "money pit" that keeps taking and never gives back. Even the "new FC/BC" choice of choosing your level of play gives pretty much NOTHING in rewards that amounts to anything. Sure, it's so kind of GGE to finally give us more of a chance to "win construct/upgrade tokens", but that meager amount does no one any good -

so... positivity? Yeah, hard to find any right now in the moods of many of the players on the US1 server. And those "mood surveys" are a joke as well. We all know they do NO good, because none of the suits or "brain trust" in the company pay attention or even care about what we players feel. Until they have no players left, or at least such low numbers that they may finally "get it". And by then it will be too late. Once the "dog has died", there's no bringing it back - 
  • TBH I don't think anyone really knows what GGE's end game / future game really is. If this forum was about any other big name game developer, then they would be really worried about their game, and probably poring over so many complaints from the end users of their game, and probably listening and proposing changes. However that doesn't seem to be the case with GGE, and for some reason they and their rop's seem to be in a fantasy game think that knowing will happen if they just leave things carry on as they are, and with updates set to drive even more of their player base away.

Amen Pisky. Well said!
    a negative  response although can sound bad  or taken the wrong way at first read is actually good constructive  advice i think you need to read past the disappointment the players have for this once good game
    if you do have contact  with gge well sometimes  its good to hear what they say  so are you saying to them how bad the game is getting and how fed up the players are with it that response would be nice to read as i think most players are looking for something positive themselves 

• BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 198
    edited 18.11.2021
    TBH I don't think anyone really knows what GGE's end game / future game really is. If this forum was about any other big name game developer, then they would be really worried about their game, and probably poring over so many complaints from the end users of their game, and probably listening and proposing changes. However that doesn't seem to be the case with GGE, and for some reason they and their rop's seem to be in a fantasy game think that knowing will happen if they just leave things carry on as they are, and with updates set to drive even more of their player base away.

Poseidon, you're joking, right??? Have you taken a look at the lands on the US1 server lately? I have seen so many castles around me go to ruins I have lost count. I have tried to "stay positive" in this game, and have tried to spread that "positivity" to others, but it gets harder and harder as we players watch the greed train continue to run the rails in this game. And the "new improvements" to make it (LOL) easier to defend the ruby whales when they attack you take tons and tons of sceats, relic items to build BIs that you cant possibly win unless you spend and spend and spend. So I ask you in all honesty - what IS there to be positive about, exactly? The rewards for the events? Junk that may help you for a day as far as mead goes. A deco that is so far below the level of the ones we already have in castles and ops that you end up selling for the coins, which do really anything for your game unless you want to spend the MILLIONS on research for mead buildings, etc. MILLIONS. For ONE upgrade out of, what - 10? The new defense tools arent available until you spend thousands of sceats before them, like upgrading your relic troops 10 levels each for melee and then archers, and that starts with attackers first, and then defense, 10 levels each again. In a process that takes 12 days, for real. Of course, you can BUY rubies and waste them on "buying your way in", which means those who do the f2p gaming will NEVER - N.E.V.E.R. - get there before 2022 is even close to being over. 

In all reality, this game has turned into a "money pit" that keeps taking and never gives back. Even the "new FC/BC" choice of choosing your level of play gives pretty much NOTHING in rewards that amounts to anything. Sure, it's so kind of GGE to finally give us more of a chance to "win construct/upgrade tokens", but that meager amount does no one any good -

so... positivity? Yeah, hard to find any right now in the moods of many of the players on the US1 server. And those "mood surveys" are a joke as well. We all know they do NO good, because none of the suits or "brain trust" in the company pay attention or even care about what we players feel. Until they have no players left, or at least such low numbers that they may finally "get it". And by then it will be too late. Once the "dog has died", there's no bringing it back - 
    Do you think GGS are going to change what they are doing? I hate to be negative here but the state the game is in isn't going to change. The game has been made to favour spenders because they want to make money, they are a business at the end of the day - I do however disagree how much they have monetized the game. What they have done has forced people to leave the game, but they are making money. 

If you don't like the game then stop playing, If you just want to play for the people then play for the people, just can't expect GGS to change the game entirely for non-spenders and such, its just not a route GGS will take anymore.
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 67
    I have said before, it's all about BALANCE. With life, it's said you only get out what you put in, However, one doesn't want to keep giving.

A fortune spent again, building in Outer. What do we get back? 10k troops that now get eaten by the crows/foreigns, when like me I chose Intermediate. The gap between the grading system for Construction/Upgrades rewards is minute and for some not enough (is anything ever enough?).

Getting Sceats is hard enough, but then when you get the 3500 to upgrade the Keep to level 7 you have to wait 40 days, or pay over 100k rubies (how much in real terms!)
    I bought the Accelerated speed in Outer, only to find out it didn't cover the Great Empire (although they appear together when purchased) and to do both it's 5k per day.
    Doing Intermediate Foreigns my Gold rewards about 2k (isn't that less than the Classic mode) and you finish the rewards in a short time (3 pages).

What do we know about the game. It's gone money mad (Yes they have to make money). GGE need to look at the consequences to increasing something, bringing in things which make them money and not increasing what it affects. Surely those at the top in Outer Realms should now get Valks for instance.
    There is a lot to do in the game now, building, Nomads, Beri, Storm and every other year (sorry month) Sams. Although a war game there's less wars, because players find it too expensive. From those early years, the chat was it's only helping GGE pockets!

There does come a limit to what players are prepared to pay, for what they get back, even for the whales. GGE need to consider all aspects of the game, if it's to continue 

• lol you should see the uk server - when i started playing the were about 30k active player - now there arround 1k which includes the clones and multies - Prime op's being capped by new level 11's etc top 100 in events without trying !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800

• as they say (look at spoiler) i wonder how it'll end :grey_question:
    ill gotten gains will never ever prosper
    they do have to make some money yes  but remember  its not just those that dont spend money leaving  also they are making you spend money as it almost impossible to progress in an event now with out spending money as they have reduced  gold/silver coins event tools/crates to compete in events 
    but becouse of there actions players are also spending less than they would normally its the positive negative factor 
    but your right the more players that leave the more money they try to take from the rest of us the funny thing is those that spend alot of money will not spend more just need different things to spend it on and when competition gets less they will spend less
    so players log in less spend less time on  and the interest goes 
    yes they have to make money but they are making a mess of it but not to improve things as like you said or even stop the rot  it is getting bad and  makes no sense becouse whos going to buy a dead duck when they hit rock bottom
    reading back i think daisho is correct with some of what he says 
    gge does not care about any player gge does not care about the game 
    they only care about making money full stop 
    what i find  sad is that the us server is now  complaining and seeing what we have been saying for nearly two years now and things have not altered so yes daisho is correct to a point 
  • sir homey (US1)sir homey (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    GoodGame Empire .....do you care about your people and connections ?

should change your name to something else ...like theft by deception

the rich get richer and the middle class has joined the poor .....awesome how gge has completed its task to eliminate the middle class people

your player surveys are a joke too ..........nothing ever comes from them in a players favor
    theres no fairness in the game at this point because money spenders can skip what the rest of us1 server players have to grind and earn our way ....so basically your money spenders are all that matters to ya ......

well the players on us1 server finally get it !!!!!!   gge take a look around at all the accts in ruins on our server
    pretty soon it will not have any new peeps joining and most of the 10 yr players like me will dissappear then 5 yr and then done.

and u have people buying other peoples accts so your not caring will more than likely be your end

it is heading in that direction fast !!!!!!!        we need gge to attend to its flocks not feed them to the wolves
  • GoodGame Empire .....do you care about your people and connections ?

should change your name to something else ...like theft by deception

the rich get richer and the middle class has joined the poor .....awesome how gge has completed its task to eliminate the middle class people

your player surveys are a joke too ..........nothing ever comes from them in a players favor
    theres no fairness in the game at this point because money spenders can skip what the rest of us1 server players have to grind and earn our way ....so basically your money spenders are all that matters to ya ......

well the players on us1 server finally get it !!!!!!   gge take a look around at all the accts in ruins on our server
    pretty soon it will not have any new peeps joining and most of the 10 yr players like me will dissappear then 5 yr and then done.

and u have people buying other peoples accts so your not caring will more than likely be your end

it is heading in that direction fast !!!!!!!        we need gge to attend to its flocks not feed them to the wolves -

Homey, I hear you... I remember having a hard time finding ANY food op - now there are tons of even the 8Fs all around me, as well as LOTS and LOTS of empty plains... and I'm about done, to be honest. Maybe I'll do what some of the smart ones have done and "get rid of my account to someone who wants to keep paying the big bucks" to play - or maybe I'll just do something to get my account "suspended" for years like others have done - not sure yet - but I know whatever I do, I'll make sure I go down in flames when I do it. Hate the thought because I have such pretty and expensive castles, but HEY - go big or GO HOME. I heard Forge Of Empires is decent... and a whole lot CHEAPER to play, with the same kind of fun - this little bird just might fly away to another "far away Kingdom" and spend my hard-earned cash elsewhere - 

food for thought...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file